Apocalypse vs. Nimrod

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonderman
One of these two houses will fall. Which do you think?beta

DarkCrawler
Nimrod wins.

Mainstream
En Sabah Nur...wins...matrixness

fr0z3n
can someone post reasons? i am not THAT much familiar with these two's powers..

Mainstream
Nimrod is like a sentinel from the future..Apoc is a supremely powerful mutant...Nimrod would take down most mutants..but Apoc isn't like most mutants.

demigawd
Nimrod almost instantly adapts to just about anything. That would include Apocalypse and his powers. Nimrod is like an instantaneous Doomsday in a lot of ways.

Mainstream
hmmmm...that could prove to be trouble...but I saw Bishop and some Xmen beat a Nimrod on the old toon....if they could do it why not Apoc?

demigawd
It's the cartoon. Different animal. In the cartoon, Reed beat Magneto by showing him a fake wooden gun. Magneto couldn't affect the gun so he assumed he didn't have his magnetic power anymore and turned himself in to the police. lol. WTF??

Don't go by toons for evidence. smile

Mainstream
okay....far enough..but you don't think the all powerful Apoc could be a high tech robot from the future? burlybrawl

demigawd
Not really, no. Remember, the fact that he's from the future means he has all kinds of intel and strategies to beat everyone from the past - there's bound to be an Apocalypse file in there. In fact, it probably has pretty high priority.

Mainstream
okay..I'll give you that.

kgkg
what are POcs weakness???

i though he had none.

Mainstream
that's what I thought...I heard...magneto..."killed" him..but Apoc was back...death anit no thang if your Apoc...banrap

demigawd
Magneto killed him in AOA...and, a year later in AOA time, he's still quite dead.

He hasn't come back from his latest death in the regular universe, either.

Apocalypse doesn't have any "weaknesses" per se, like some magic bullet, work every time technique. Rather, you just keep chopping away with sufficient powers to take him out. Nimrod can adapt to anything on the fly - he can generate psionic powers to overwhelm Poccy and neutralize any mind-traps he has. He can create a molecular disruptor and prevent Poccy from shape-shifting, or even make him lose control of his own body. Pretty much whatever it takes. Nimrod is pretty uber.

Mainstream
he will be back...it's only a matter of him....immortal can't die...that's why they are called immortals.

who?-kid
Originally posted by demigawd
Nimrod is pretty uber.
Yep, one true powerhouse. It took the entire X-Men and the Hellfire Club to take him down, and they both had casualties.

Imo, Nimrod takes down 90 % of the Marvel Earth heroes.

demigawd
I think "immortal" is a relative term. Like unstoppable. Everybody is immortal until they die. Apocalypse BELIEVES he's immortal because he's been around for 6000 years, but that doesn't make it true.

Mainstream
perhaps...but immortal just sounds better than...Apoc the guy that will live a long long long long long long time.

demigawd
heh heh...either way, the fact that he has to change bodies every so often pretty much throws the whole immortal thing out of the window anyway. I mean - why do you think he has to change bodies? And what do you think will happen if he DOESN'T? It's ain't just to keep up his good looks, you know...

If he doesn't, he'll die.

Mainstream
yeah..but as long as he changes bodies every 5000 years or whatever Apoc will be okay right.

demigawd
Sure, but being immortal means you CAN'T die. No matter what. If he needs to change bodies otherwise he'll die, that's not immortal no matter what...that's immortal with conditions. And that's not immortality. See what I mean?

Mainstream
okay Apoc is seemingly immortal..long living..somewhat immortal..technically immortal..something like that...kinda,sorta imortal perhaps.

Xplosive
Well, Nimord can't adapts to everything, he has limits people. I think he would find that limit agaisnt Apocalypse.

demigawd
He does have a limit, I'm sure...but it waaaaaay beyond Apocalypse. Nimrod vs. any single mutant I'd always bet on Nimrod. He's designed to kill every mutant - and he's awfully good at his job.

When Apocalypse attacks, Nimrod will just calmly pull out the Apocalypse File*, read it quickly, then kill Apocalypse.

*Apocalypse File: Says "Optic Blast" stick out tongue

kgkg
no in the file it will say : X-men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.