The Ultimates vs. New Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
No preptime. Featureless Environment. Normal Power Levels.

Lineup:

Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Hawkeye
Wasp
Quicksilver
Scarlet Witch
Black Widow

Captain America
Iron Man
Spider-Man
Wolverine
Spider-Woman
Luke Cage
Daredevil
Black Widow I (to even it up)

jrodslam
Defenders beats them both. (Big 4 that is)

But for this fight id have to say Ultimates. Thor is the x-factor. He's what puts Ultimates over the top for the win. IMO that is. Defenders beating both teams is a fact though.

Draco69
Ok. Anyone else?

Scoobless
after the Cap's and IM's cancel each other out...... no one in the New Avengers can hurt Thor except possibly Wolverine........ but i don't think he'd get the chance

(really not saying i think Wolverine can beat Thor...... just that adamantium is stronger than his skin)

doctorstrongbad
If you gave The new avengers Sentry to combat Thor then maybe it would be closer.

Draco69
Ultimate Thor is nowhere near as powerful as the mainstream one. He's not a god. Just a jumped Super-Soldier of Norway.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Draco69
Ultimate Thor is nowhere near as powerful as the mainstream one. He's not a god. Just a jumped Super-Soldier of Norway.

Really I thought he had close to the same powers. I saw him fight the hulk and I was impressed. So can Ultimate Thor use his hammer to control lighting? I know he can fly.

Draco69
The hammer is just a device to control the weather. The suit that he wears enable him to fly. He's not a god. Just a person with a weather-controlling device in the form of a hammer and a suit that grants him super-strength and flight.

juggernaut74
Actually the Jury is still out on Thor being a God in the ultimate universe. I think that he is a god and that his brother Loki is trying to trick everyone in to thinking that he is not for some unknown reason. The Ultimates 2 is one of the best titles I am reading now.

Draco69
I'm leaning on the edge of science. It would seem really unorthodox to introduce gods and magic. But it does seem unclear. The explanation given really does make sense though.

juggernaut74
I think Loki is behind everything that is happening in the Ultimates.

Draco69
It would be cool. And very confusing. I don't really like the Ultimates as people. Egositcal bastards the lot of them..

ebonyblade1
when you say normal power levels what do you mean exactly. Normal levels for their respective universe? If that is the case this is no contest. The new avengers would own the ultimate. Iron man is one of the strongest ultimate member and he max out at 10 tons. Seriously. The hulk is probably not much more thatn that since iron man and the hulk went toe to to. And neither is thor. Marvel iron man alone could take out the ultimates. But I will say I like the idea of the ultimates. Making fantasy as real as possible. Being able to lift 1 million tons and running faster than light is just dumb.

yahman
What if the New avengers are given someone like Wonderman, or a version of Classic Thor who may return after the House of M, Or Current She Hulk

whirlysplat
Iron man 616 is the factor he is ina different class to all ultimates, and I think Loki is behind it all in the Ultimates

Nataku8188
Originally posted by Draco69

Or was that just a trick by Loki? I think it was, but we'll find out soon enough.

yahman
"Iron man 616 is the factor he is ina different class to all ultimates, and I think Loki is behind it all in the Ultimates"

A combo Of Scarlet Witch, Quick Silver and his Ultimate counterpat will probably take care of him.

We dont get ultimates in comic form over here. I have to wait for the Graphic Novel book sets thingys. I hope he isnt the real Thor (far more interesting). It also gives the opption of Marvel introducing the real more powerful version of Thor and the other patheon members.

demigawd
The New Avengers operate at a higher power class because of the ultra-realism of the Ultimate MU. But..do the Ultimates get their usual SHIELD support? And now they also have an army of Giant Men with them. The Ultimates is a lot more like an Army unit - a division of SHIELD. If they're allowed, it would make a big difference.

yahman
"The New Avengers operate at a higher power class because of the ultra-realism of the Ultimate MU"

I dont honnestly agree with this. A lightning storm destroying a load of inter galactic starships? where's the realism there ?

whirlysplat
Originally posted by yahman
"The New Avengers operate at a higher power class because of the ultra-realism of the Ultimate MU"

I dont honnestly agree with this. A lightning storm destroying a load of inter galactic starships? where's the realism there ?

Fair Point

demigawd
Originally posted by yahman

lol, relatively speaking. big grin

yahman
"lol, relatively speaking. "

yeh i know what you mean cool big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.