The Cheetah vs. Spider-Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Discuss.

Mainstream
I'm going with Spiderman

stormfront13
the cheetah beat superman- he's faster then spiderman, stronger, most likely not a better fighter but he took out supes in like a minute

ebonyblade1
I thought cheetah was a female. Is there a new one? Or do I have the wrong one.

stormfront13
well i don't know which one he's talking about but i was talking abut the male one.

Draco69
The female one.

Scoobless
from Thundercats????????

Draco69
No, the one that annoys Wonder Woman every now and then.

stormfront13
oh if its female then i'd still have to say cheetah/ well idk didn't she get stronger since she got her cheetah form back??maybe spiderman wins

wolverine8888
what a joke spiderman would win hands down

stormfront13
the cheetah almost took down wonder woman during their first encounter. ww was bleeding and all. she shouldn't be underestimated

namorsubby
yeah, wonder woman foe FTW.......duh

tideoftime
Cheetah is at least as strong as Spiderman (or near enough, if her first Post-Crisis version is used) and actually more durable/enduring (as she is capable of still functioning even after taking a solid blow from the likes of Wonder Woman or Superman) and was at least as fast, combat-wise; over the past decade, however, her combat speed/reflexes have evolved to nearly match those of the Flash. Unless Pete is uber-clever and can catch her in a massive amount of webbing, even his agility/spidersense is only going to allow him to dodge just a few blows from Barbara, while she can evade virtually all of his. (Note: she is still prone to "playing" with her opponents, and that could leave a window of opportunity for him to exploit. Still a long shot, however...) Cheetah 8/10

Omega Vision
Cheetah I'm fairly certain has Class 30 strength and I'm not sure about now but at least at one point she had Flash/Zoom level speed. Naturally she's still faster than Quicksilver at the very least. Her claws draw blood from Wonder Woman. Spider-Man loses.

iceman24567
Cheetah wins everytime. Faster and stronger

Sasaraixx
Originally posted by iceman24567
Cheetah wins everytime. Faster and stronger

Q99
Originally posted by stormfront13
well i don't know which one he's talking about but i was talking abut the male one.

The male one has the exact same power source as the female one (they are both empowered as the sole champion of an old god), and probably isn't as skilled.

Cheetah wins this very easily. She can take repeated hits from Wonder Woman and stay in the fight so Peter's punches are barely going to have any effect, and is *really* fast and hard for even Wondy to hit, and Wondy can tag flashes regularly.

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Cheetah I'm fairly certain has Class 30 strength and I'm not sure about now but at least at one point she had Flash/Zoom level speed.

More strength than that- the Cheetah power is enough to hold Superman with the tail for a bit and Clark's compared being hit by Cheetah's fists with Captain Marvel's/Diana's. They're fairly close to Wondy's strength, and faster than Diana's speed.

iceman24567
I nvr knew Cheetah has Superman level striking power

Q99
Originally posted by iceman24567
I nvr knew Cheetah has Superman level striking power

Near it, at least. It doesn't get brought up as often because most of the time she uses those cut-all claws, but even those claws wouldn't be so much of a threat if there wasn't strength behind them.

To paraphrase Secret Six:
"Think we can take her?"

"She fights with Wonder Woman, hell no."

iceman24567
Originally posted by Q99
Near it, at least. It doesn't get brought up as often because most of the time she uses those cut-all claws, but even those claws wouldn't be so much of a threat if there wasn't strength behind them.

To paraphrase Secret Six:
"Think we can take her?"

"She fights with Wonder Woman, hell no." no expression

JakeTheBank
Cheetah wins this.

Last issue with her in WW, iirc, Diana stated she had speed almost on Flash's level. Considering she is consistantly shown tagging Diana multiple times before Diana can strike back, it's safe to say she possesses potent super speed (rivaling the Flash? probably not, but damn fast in her own right anyway). Adding into effect her own durability and the like, and Cheetah should get a healthy majority.

Omega Vision
This is actually spite against Spider-Man. The only Cheetah that Peter can beat is the lame weakened Cheetah that Batman knocked out with a single punch to the face.

iceman24567
Diana was unable to tag her at first iirc

Q99
This is actually spite against Spider-Man. The only Cheetah that Peter can beat is the lame weakened Cheetah that Batman knocked out with a single punch to the face.

Or the Golden Age Cheetah who really was a woman in a cheetah suit and not the empowered champion of a god smile

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Q99
Or the Golden Age Cheetah who really was a woman in a cheetah suit and not the empowered champion of a god smile
I don't count that as Cheetah, that was a crazy cat lady in a costume.

SamZED
I don't count that as Cheetah, that was a crazy cat lady in a costume. And batman is just a crazy dude in a bat suit. evil face

Omega Vision
Originally posted by SamZED
And batman is just a crazy dude in a bat suit. evil face
A crazy dude in a bat suit that has billions of dollars and awesome tech. There's a big difference.

SamZED
A crazy dude in a bat suit that has billions of dollars and awesome tech. There's a big difference. I wanted to make a smartass comment to your post.. but i've got nothing...

Omega Vision
Originally posted by SamZED
I wanted to make a smartass comment to your post.. but i've got nothing...
The concept of Batman is admittedly ridiculous and honestly despite not having powers he's even less realistic than Superman. Nonetheless he's without a doubt one of the three greatest heroes ever along with Superman and Spider-Man. Captain America and Wonder Woman are tied for forth IMO.

Mindset
WW isn't even top 10 imo.

She should be erased as a character.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Mindset

Really? Curious as to why your reasoning is.

tideoftime

So much WW hate on this forum; have looked around at some other forums and not seen as much as around here. Perplexing. She's not my favorite character, but she's far from the worst around. Not sure if I would rank her in the top 5, but certainly the top 10.

Q99
The Rucka run and Simone run are IMO both great- they raised my respect for the character a lot and turned me into a WW fan.

As for how powerful she is, well, just look at Sacrifice- she went toe to toe with a berserk, no-holding back Superman in a brutal throw down and gave about as good as she got.

SamZED
Wonder Woman is every comicgeek's childhood dream so she definitely deserves to be fourth.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Q99
The Rucka run and Simone run are IMO both great- they raised my respect for the character a lot and turned me into a WW fan.

thumb up

Omega Vision

Who's the Top Ten for you then? Remember I'm not saying Wonder Woman is my fourth favorite character (I mean Spider-Man is certainly not in my Top Three) but I'm not talking about personal preference. I mean greatest as in important and influential as well as cool/fun/badass/whatever. In that sense Wonder Woman is definitely in the Top Ten, most likely in the Top Five if its just heroes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.