Paine vs. Cloud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Discuss.

SaTsuJiN
a dyke with an attitude for no reason.. vs someone who selflessly saved the world, nearly sacrificing his soul on multiple occasions... oh the possibilities .. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lord Ryugen
Hey depending on the dress sphere she might stand a good cha...ah who am I kidding Cloud slices her and half and mails the pieces to Yuna and Rikku.

AdventChild
LOL!!!!! laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud Happy Dance Cloud all the way!

Draco69
Fools! The Mascot dresssphere owns all! evil face

AdventChild
this match up shouldn't even been brought up....Cloud is just tooo good....

Lord Ryugen
Yeah but it's funny!

AdventChild
it's common sense.....Cloud has the upper hand....what was paine a lesbian rejected ugly chick that didn't get a date to prom....?

Muck101
The year(s) old post reviver strikes again!!!

Haaaahhhohoheeeheeehaw!

Cloud_VII

You know Death is an instant kill move...

Something Pain can do.

Lord Saboteur
Originally posted by Cloud_VII

You know Death is an instant kill move...

Something Pain can do. Isn't that just gameplay, or is she shown using it in a cutscene?

Cloud_VII
Paine can take Cloud with her Dress Spheres, and the Dress Spheres are canon. Unless Cloud can't use his Materia, then Paine is allowed her Dress Spheres.

Anyway, here's her most powerful one: http://www.ffinsider.net/ffx2/full.php

Kadesh
You cant use gamplay as a refrence, if not by right ffx characters would >>>> all others, Remember? basic attacks 99999 dmg and dont even talk about tidus blitz ace...

Dresspheres are canon but were they used canonically? By right in every cutscene paine is in her normal outfit and only what happens in cut scenes are canon

Burning thought
Originally posted by Kadesh
You cant use gamplay as a refrence, if not by right ffx characters would >>>> all others, Remember? basic attacks 99999 dmg and dont even talk about tidus blitz ace...

Dresspheres are canon but were they used canonically? By right in every cutscene paine is in her normal outfit and only what happens in cut scenes are canon

i think that rule is rubbish, what if a game doesnt have any cut scenes? so the game itself isnt canon? wtf how retarded is that laughing

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
a dyke with an attitude for no reason.. vs someone who selflessly saved the world, nearly sacrificing his soul on multiple occasions... oh the possibilities .. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Have you played Final Fantasy X-2? Cloud and the rest of the cast of FF7 only managed to save the world from total domination by Sephiroth and Jenova. Paine as well as two other characters, leaving out the people who hardly did anything, helped save the world from being totally destroyed by Vegnagun. I think Paine pulled of a better feat than Cloud did.

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by AdventChild
it's common sense.....Cloud has the upper hand....what was paine a lesbian rejected ugly chick that didn't get a date to prom....?

I'd get with Paine any day of the week my friend.

Cloud_VII
http://www.animetheme.com/ffx2/ffx2demo_paine.jpg
http://simplyff.free.fr/FF10-2/artworks/persos/paine3.jpg

Cloud_VII

I was not discussing damage points. It can't be used since damage points tend to differ in different types of games. For instance, characters in an ATB RPG tend to deal more damage points than characters from an Action based game. The reason FFVII characters can't deal more than 9,999 points of damage per hit is because of the fact they can't go beyond limits. I know for a fact Wakka hitting someone with a blitzball wouldn't do anything, even though it can deal 99,999 points of damage in the game. That's another reason why the damage point argument is null.

The attack list for both Paine and Cloud are what should be considered and not how many damage points they deal.

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by Draco69
Lmao

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by Muck101
The year(s) old post reviver strikes again!!!

Haaaahhhohoheeeheeehaw!
LOL! laughing

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by Draco69

I hope you're being serious since Cloud wouldn't stand a chance against Paine in her Mascot Dresssphere

http://www.ffshrine.org/ffx2/ffx-2_mascot.php

Kadesh
But the point is, Has she ever used any dresspheres in any cut scenes because only what happens in cut scenes are canon, Hell we dont even know if she had ever used the dresspheres or not

Cloud_VII
Yes the Dress Spheres are canon. We see Leblanc using Yuna's Dressphere in the start of the game, and canonically, Yuna changed into her Songstress Dressphere while fighting Leblanc. So, yes the Dress Spheres are canon.

Superboy Prime
I think Cloud is:

a) The Better swordsman/woman
b) is more experienced
c) is all around stronger, faster & tougher
d) he has more magic than we can count and the possibilities are endless

Normally I tend to ignore FF7's materia system & FF's magic altogether, but Paine is getting her dresspheres.

Without dresspheres and without Materia just skill vs skill Cloud curbstomps Paine and then makes out with her. However including dresspheres and all the other **** I don't know. That's why I hate versuing FF chars.

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
I think Cloud is:

a) The Better swordsman/woman
b) is more experienced
c) is all around stronger, faster & tougher
d) he has more magic than we can count and the possibilities are endless

Normally I tend to ignore FF7's materia system & FF's magic altogether, but Paine is getting her dresspheres.

Without dresspheres and without Materia just skill vs skill Cloud curbstomps Paine and then makes out with her. However including dresspheres and all the other **** I don't know. That's why I hate versuing FF chars.
I agree with this. Cloud would stomp Paine in a battle with no Dress Spheres or Materia. In the Final Fantasy X-2 intro, Paine showed she had some fighting skills without using her sword, but she lacks the speed, reaction time, aerial combat, and strength to match Cloud. Paine, I'm not going to say would, but can win with all her Dressspheres since she has a much bigger variety of attacks, not to mention the greater number of status ailments she can inflict...O.o

Kadesh
Originally posted by Cloud_VII
Yes the Dress Spheres are canon. We see Leblanc using Yuna's Dressphere in the start of the game, and canonically, Yuna changed into her Songstress Dressphere while fighting Leblanc. So, yes the Dress Spheres are canon. Thats yuna.. But did we even see paine using a dressphere in a cut scene? only stuff which happens in cut scenes about the story are canon.

and even if we did add clouds materia, do we even know which one he has canonically?

Cloud_VII
Thats yuna.. But did we even see paine using a dressphere in a cut scene? only stuff which happens in cut scenes about the story are canon.

and even if we did add clouds materia, do we even know which one he has canonically?
Dude, it doesn't matter if Paine did not use any Dress Spheres canonically. What matters is that she can use them in the game. It's like saying Ryu never used the Dabilahro in the story so he can't use it. That's just putting characters at a disadvantage.

As for which Dress Spheres and Materia they use canonically, we don't know. All I'm saying is if this fight involves all the Dress Spheres Paine has and all the Materia Cloud uses in the game, Paine would win.

In a fight involving just skill, Cloud would win by a long shot, and it's a more practical fight anyway so Cloud wins the more practical battle.

Kadesh
Thats settled then, its not good to add "materia" or "dress spheres" because they are game play mechanics

FortressXRuler
Paine is the clear winner, seeing how she helped stop some Freakin' huge monster that was even stronger than Seph

Violent2Dope
Damn you FXR, not only did you revive another thread, but you are so wrong it's scary. Seriously tho, how could Cloud hurt this face?
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z186/My_Broken_Heart86/Swimsuit/SexyPaine.jpg

Xenogears
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Damn you FXR, not only did you revive another thread, but you are so wrong it's scary. Seriously tho, how could Cloud hurt this face?
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z186/My_Broken_Heart86/Swimsuit/SexyPaine.jpg I'm going to marry this gal. You take Tifa evil face

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Xenogears
I'm going to marry this gal. You take Tifa evil face You can marry her, I just wanna do her.devil

Xenogears
You can marry her, I just wanna do her.devil chair

Superboy Prime
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z186/My_Broken_Heart86/Swimsuit/SexyPaine.jpg

He ignored Aerith & Tifa...trust me he will lay the smackdown on Paine and then come out of the closet.

grey fox
Gotta love Mako and Jenova treatment.

Cloud in a stomp , he dodges every strike and then impales her . Sephiroth style cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.