Rogue vs. Spider-Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Discuss.

Draco69
By the way, this version of Rogue has her normal abilities which is super-strength, flight, invulnerability, etc.

Mainstream
Rogue without a doubt.

Scoobless
lots of doubt...... at her top strength/invulnerability level Rogue wasn't as physically tough as Titania who Spidey soundly beat the crap out of, the flight would help her though but Spider-Man is too fast and fully clothed to let Rogue drain him..... i'll go with Spidey

Linkalicious
Spiderman.

He dances around Rogue and his hits DO take a toll...

stormfront13
i say rogue definitley- she's not excatley slow and he's not excatl;ey flash.

who?-kid
Well, as long she doesn't touch him, Spider-Man wins, Rogue isn't exactly the best fighter ever. And she doesn't fight as fast as SM does.

And last but not least, she can not break his webs.

But if she manages to touch him, she wins.

stormfront13
i think she can i mean kraven can and he doesn't even have half of rogues strength and we don't know if he can touch her

kgkg
rougue whould win.

kgkg
Originally posted by kgkg
rogue whould win.

stormfront13
i think she can to. i mean if people say that he can kill someone by hitting them w/ all his strength which is 10 tons then surly rogue can kill him w/ all her strength which is 50 tons.

Mainstream
if I didn't know better I'd think you'd think that Rogue would win....which she would. Spiderman would be dead...bankill

Scoobless
Originally posted by stormfront13
i think she can i mean kraven can and he doesn't even have half of rogues strength and we don't know if he can touch her

the only time Kraven ever broke Spidey's web was in the cartoon...... and everyone in the cartoon could do it..... totally stupid, comic Spidey's web is unbreakable to Kraven..... Rogue may be able to break it if it's only 1 thin strand....... not if she's covered in it

Spidey may not be Flash..... but who is? (othe than Wally West obviously) Spidey is still faster than Rogue even without the spider-sense, with it he can easily stay 2-3 steps ahead of her for the whole fight

stormfront13
oh i thought i saw it in a comic, oh well anyway mainstream i do think she will win. her strength is better than his her invulnerability is better than his. he might be able to hit her but i don't think it'll take him out. she has fought tougher enemies before. and lets not forget rogue has a sixth sence that lets her know of danger. it is not as good as spideys but it might help in the long run.

Scoobless
i think she can to. i mean if people say that he can kill someone by hitting them w/ all his strength which is 10 tons then surly rogue can kill him w/ all her strength which is 50 tons.

we said he could kill someone with a full strength punch if he didn't hold back, Rogue could as well...... but Spidey can take hits from her (they would hurt him but not kill him) ....... but he wont have to as he's too fast for her, Spidey can hit Rogue 10-12 times in the time it takes her to swing and miss once

stormfront13
imo spidey is extremley overrated you make it seem like he's flash when he fights

who?-kid
Yeah, but there's a big difference: Rogue isn't the fastest fighter ever. Neither is Spider-Man, but he's not that far from it. He can dodge all of Rogues attacks all day, and then give her some serious uppercuts without holding back.

When he goes full out, no holding back, Titania feels it ! Hulk feels it. She-Hulk feels it. And Rogue will feel it too.

By the way, Rogue can NOT break his web, only Hulk, Juggernaut, Morlun, Iron Man (depends on the armor), upgraded Colossus and such can break it.

Linkalicious
He doesn't need to be "the flash" in order to be much....much...faster than Rogue. And we're talking about quickness...not just speed. In a race, I'm sure Rogue would beat Spiderman. But if a bullet was coming at each of them, Rogue would hit the bullet, Spiderman would dodge it.

Mainstream
so true..link..Rogue couldn't break Spidey web..someone explain why...if it's like super webbing I could understand.

stormfront13
i think she can beta him i mean if she gets one touch with his skin which it possible, then he will slow down long enough for rogue to get a hit in and his powers which will make her faster, and have that spider sence. i'm nt saying this will happen but it is possible.

Draco69
That's if she manages to rip his mask off.

stormfront13
yeah i didn't say she could definitley do it but its a possibility. i mean just one hand up the mask and its done

Scoobless
imo spidey is extremley overrated you make it seem like he's flash when he fights

you say this quite often to people about Spider-Man have you never seen him in a fight where he is moving so fast the artist draws faded Spidey's around his enemy to show the speed involved? no-one is saying he is anywhere near Flash speed..... but he is much faster than human speed

http://www.alaph.com/spiderman/pictures/enemies/chance/chance03.jpg

and no....... his speed isn't increased by the black costume..... i don't even know if that was the symbiote in that pic or the costume he made himself

who?-kid
Originally posted by Scoobless
http://www.alaph.com/spiderman/pictures/enemies/chance/chance03.jpg
and no....... his speed isn't increased by the black costume..... i don't even know if that was the symbiote in that pic or the costume he made himself
It was just a costume.

Linkalicious
Too True.

The animated series had Spiderman directly state that he was stronger with the symbiote....not the comics.

The only way that the symbiote affects Spiderman's physical strength is by helping him regenerate from a beating more quickly. So at the end of a long fight, when he'd normally need to go spend a couple of days in bed with MJ recooperating, instead he's back out on the street whooping ass. It DID NOT turn him from the 10 ton range in strength to the 15 ton range....or any of the other dribble I've seen in the past months on this board.

but then again....I'm not exactly sure if he needed to bond with it for that to happen either. embarrasment

stormfront13
yes and they often draw catwoman that way, and blink a few times and nightcrawler. how the character id drawn hasnothing to do with it. and i'm not talking about people here but some people say that he's impossible to hit because of his speed. i think that this is wrong seeing as he can be hit. imo rogue wins

who?-kid
I think we're talking to a wall.

stormfront13
whats that supposed to mean??

Zahit

Scoobless
lol

stormfront13
no why'd he say it to me. i get what ur saying but i'm saying that spiderman is possible to hit and people think he's not. i'm not saying its people here but on threads i have heard people say that he can punch you twenty times it takes you to blink. all he needs is two seconds to get across a city and its things like that that make him overrated.

Scoobless
yes and they often draw catwoman that way, and blink a few times and nightcrawler. how the character id drawn hasnothing to do with it. and i'm not talking about people here but some people say that he's impossible to hit because of his speed. i think that this is wrong seeing as he can be hit. imo rogue wins

read almost any Spidey bio and it will tell you he has enhanced speed and reflexes, combine that with the early warning danger sense and you have a guy who is damn near impossible for anyone under superhuman speed levels to hit

"Spider-Man possesses an extrasensory "danger" or "spider" sensewhich warns him of potential immediate danger by tingling sensation in the back of his skull. The precise nature of this sense is unknown. It appears to be a simultaneous clairvoyant responce to a wide variety of phenomena (everything from falling safes to speeding bullets to thrown punches), which has given several hundredths of a second's warning, which is sufficient time for his reflexes to allow him to avoid injury. The sense also can create a general resonse on the order of several minutes: he cannot discern the nature of the threat by the sensation. He can, however, discern the severity of the danger by the strength of his response to it. Spider-Man's fighting style incorporates the advantage that his "spidey-sense" provides him. "

that's from the marvel directory...... while the directory is occasionally flawed or out of date it at least recognises that Spider-Man's abilities allow him to dodge most attacks

Scoobless
no why'd he say it to me. i get what ur saying but i'm saying that spiderman is possible to hit and people think he's not. i'm not saying its people here but on threads i have heard people say that he can punch you twenty times it takes you to blink. all he needs is two seconds to get across a city and its things like that that make him overrated.

well 20 times a blink and a city in 2 seconds isn't possible for him...... 10 or more hard punches in a second or so is possible ...... as is dodging bullets or lasers or almost anything fired at him because he gets a warning moments before they are fired

DigiMark007
roll eyes (sarcastic) big grin eek! laughing out loud

Love the wall stuff...my cpu isn't letting me quote it for some reason or I would.

I won't vote...I'm an SM fanboy, so my vote would be inherently biased.

-DM cool

Draco69
To clarify things, Rogue possesses a seventh sense that inherently tells her of her opponent's fighting style and weaknesses, thus she can predict some of her opponent's moves. Also Rogue has absorbed Spider-Man twice. She inherently possesses his memories which she would use to her adavantage.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Draco69
To clarify things, Rogue possesses a seventh sense that inherently tells her of her opponent's fighting style and weaknesses, thus she can predict some of her opponent's moves. Also Rogue has absorbed Spider-Man twice. She inherently possesses his memories which she would use to her adavantage.

knowing his fighting style wouldn't help as he has no set "style". if she adapted to what her seventh?!?! sense tells her then his spider-sense would still tell him when to duck and move and he still has faster reaction time and would be able to strike at any opening

Zahit
What's her sixth sense?

Scoobless
Originally posted by Zahit
What's her sixth sense?

.........fashion sense???????............. embarrasment

Zahit
common sense?

DigiMark007
25 cents?

Scoobless
non-sense?

Draco69
little sense? (Couldn't help it.)

Anyway the clarification was to help further this debate.

Zahit
50 cent(s) -
I don't know what you heard about Rogue....she's a m*therf*ckin' P.I.M.P.

sbo
Rogue will slap the taste out of Spiderman's mouth. She's faster, stronger, and can take anything Spidey throws at her.

who?-kid
Originally posted by sbo
Rogue will slap the taste out of Spiderman's mouth.
Wrong

Wrong

True

Wrong

sbo
Originally posted by who?-kid
Wrong

Wrong

True

Wrong

You disagree, but you haven't given any reasons why. Do you have any?

Spiderman is clearly outclassed in just about every way. Rogue has greater strength, speed, and durability, that is "comic fact". Plus with one touch he's out cold. Spidey is dead meat.

Draco69
Yay! This thread is somewhat popular.

who?-kid
Originally posted by sbo
You disagree, but you haven't given any reasons why. Do you have any?
How about reading the entire thread ?

DarkCrawler
Well...in one Claremont story, Rogue grabbed bullets out from the air (like 50 or so)...but this was the same story that introduced and blue-goth-ponytail-slavetrading-crimelord-smurf, and I am still angry to Claremont for creating the eighth sin, so I will call that bad writing.

IMO, it can go both ways.

Zahit
Spiderman has beaten the crap out of people a lot stronger than Rogue.
She can fly fast. That's it. His reflexes and agility are way
the hell too much for her. Plus his spidersense. And he's clothed from
head-to-toe. What the hell is she gonna do??? Spiderman can dodge
her all day long. One web-shot to the eyes and many punches later,
he'll deliver her to the mansion with a note from "your friendly neighborhood Spiderman."

sbo
How about reading the entire thread ?

I read it all, I should have said do you have any VALID reasons. The reasons you gave earlier don't hold up when you look at Rogue's abilities.

sbo
head-to-toe. What the hell is she gonna do??? Spiderman can dodge
her all day long. One web-shot to the eyes and many punches later,
he'll deliver her to the mansion with a note from "your friendly neighborhood Spiderman."

Rogue has beaten the crap out of people a lot stronger than spiderman. She can move a lot faster than he can and her reflexes are also heightened. She's also got a sixth sense similar to the spidersense.
Who cares if he's fully clothed, Spidey's not wearing impregnable armor. She'll pull that mask off and cram it down his throat.

Zahit
Originally posted by sbo
Rogue has beaten the crap out of people a lot stronger than spiderman. She can move a lot faster than he can and her reflexes are also heightened. She's also got a sixth sense similar to the spidersense.
Who cares if he's fully clothed, Spidey's not wearing impregnable armor. She'll pull that mask off and cram it down his throat.

are you telling me rogue has faster reflexes, can move, act, react,
faster than spiderman?

Scoobless
Originally posted by sbo
I read it all, I should have said do you have any VALID reasons. The reasons you gave earlier don't hold up when you look at Rogue's abilities.

Rogue: is stronger, can fly, has absorbing powers, has a certain degree of invulnerability (though is by no means "invulnerable"wink

Spider-Man: is faster, more experienced (especially in solo fights), has very strong webbing, has pre-cognitive danger sense, can stick to any surface, has greater agility and flexability

most people who know the characters will accept this as a fair rendition of each characters ability in comparison with the other

flight speed wont make a difference, Nova (bucket head Nova) has much faster flight speed than Rogue and couldn't make contact with Spidey

the only real advantages Rogue has is her strength and durability (absorbing doesn't help if she can't make contact AND remove some of his costume), but neither matter if she can't land a hit, Spider-Man on the other hand has used his powers to beat down people with all of Rogues advantages before ie: Iron Man 2020 and Superboy (i know i'll get a response to that)

Spidey will win almost all of the encounters between these two

ragesRemorse
long fight, very long, but Spidey pulls it out. The strength issue here cancel each other out, except endurance would go to spiderman. Spideys webbing is only usefull for biding time, which is advantageous. Rogues flight takes spidey's reflexes down a notch, because if she were smart at all, she would force spidey to come to her. However, i see Rogue on the offensive which does mean that spidey relflex counts for somthing, untill rogue absorbs spidey's spider sense, which cancels each other out. The only thing that wins this match is spidermans tactics, and ability to change his strategy on a whim

sbo
I'm sure spidey's reflexes are faster, but they wouldn't be fast enough. Rogue's caught bullets fired at her from an automatic weapon, so I think her reflexes are more than adequate. She could definitely land a hit on spiderman, and then it's all over.

Scoobless
Rogue just isn't up to scratch in her solo fighting career to take Spidey

Draco69
For some odd reason, when Rogue faces an opponent she has already absorbed she begins to manifest their personalities and powers. Weird.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by sbo
I'm sure spidey's reflexes are faster, but they wouldn't be fast enough. Rogue's caught bullets fired at her from an automatic weapon, so I think her reflexes are more than adequate. She could definitely land a hit on spiderman, and then it's all over.

Her reflexes are quick, no doubt there.however, Agility is on spidermans side, but again after absorbing spider sense, it doesnt matter at all. Spiderman dodges bullets, so i dont exactly see where the point of rogue catching bullets is. Spidey can definently take a head on punch from Rogue, i wouldnt say many, but a few. Rogues challenge is hitting him, which is very possible.

who?-kid
Originally posted by sbo
She'll pull that mask off and cram it down his throat.
Is that before or after she's completely covered under web (web that she, for your information, can NOT break) ?

Draco69
I thought the webbing was a strong as steel? Guess I'm wrong.

who?-kid
I don't know exactly how strong it is, but I do know Rogue just can't break it.

Zahit
If Spidey can fight and take some shots from the Hulk,
then i'm sure he can take some of Rogue's best.

Rogue fast enough to snatch bullets mid-flight?
Is that like Nightcrawler teleporting limbs, Storm controlling stars,
Wolverine healing from the sun, Wolverine getting punched by Namor
and just stand there, William Wallace being 7 feet tall and spitting
fireballs out his arse?

sbo
If it is as strong as steel, Rogue could break a fair amount of it. She's broken steel before, and others have broken his webbing. She's won't just stand there until she's completely covered in webbing anyway, she can fly remember.

who?-kid
Namor is way stronger than Rogue, and he admitted he could not break the web.

ragesRemorse
If spidey's webbing is as strong as steel, which i highly doubt. Rogue put her fist through many a steel doors.

Scoobless
Spidey's web is stronger than steel and is more flexible..... very difficult to break

LordFear
Hey to all SM fans out there, is there anybody that SM can't beat in MU aside from Gods and cosmic beings??? Why is it that every thread involved SM a boat load of folks come up with the most nonsense scenarios.

ragesRemorse
theres an ass of people spiderman cant even hope to beat, but this is one where abilities, and track record go in his favor. You probably should of asked that question in a more one sided match against him. think this could go either way, but Spidey has to have the ultimate upper hand.

who?-kid
Originally posted by LordFear
Hey to all SM fans out there, is there anybody that SM can't beat in MU aside from Gods and cosmic beings???
Hm, Spider-Man may have some trouble with LT, but nothing he can't handle.

Titania was much stronger and more durable than Rogue.

Spider-Man was kicking her ass so bad that, at the end, he only used one hand to make it more interesting.

Have you read the comic where he knocked She-Hulk flying across the room ? Hours later, her jaw still hurt (she said it herself).

He beat Firelord (much stronger and faster than Rogue) with his bare hands. Exactly the same with IM from the future. Or Rhino. Or Namor. Or Sentinels.

The list is very long.

Rogue isn't half as fast as SM (talking about fighting), certainly not as smart, experienced, can not break his web and will go down if SM goes apeshit on her.

Basically, she's just a flying, strong and very durable someone. She only can beat him when she absorbs his powers.

Zahit
Hey to all SM fans out there, is there anybody that SM can't beat in MU aside from Gods and cosmic beings??? Why is it that every thread involved SM a boat load of folks come up with the most nonsense scenarios.
how is spiderman using his powers to dodge then speedblitz opponents nonsense?
have you ever read any spiderman comics? he does that ALL THE TIME.
the problem is people constantly underestimate his COMBINATION of powers.
that's what makes him so hard to beat.

Scoobless
non-cosmic or Superman level guys Spider-Man probably couldn't beat in a straight up fight without environmental factors playing a large part

Colossus, almost any telepath or telekinetic, Ice-man, Thing, Wonderman, Hydroman, Sandman, Invisible woman (well maybe he'd have a slight chance) Iron Man, Ultron, .......etc etc........ there are a ton of guys (and girls) he would have almost no chance of beating without help or environment or something outside his usual abilities

Rogue, however, is well within his "able to handle" range

Zahit
let's not forget he's a scientist.
chemistry in specific.
that's sometimes how he beats people out of his league.
brains.
there's very few heroes i can think of that score wins through brains
as often as Spiderman has. Batman for sure. Reed Richards obviously.
Captain America of course. i'm sure i'm missing some, but it's not very many.

who?-kid
Some people SM simply can not beat:

Hulk
dr. Strange
Juggernaut
Thor
prof. X
Thanos
Drax
Colossus
Wonderman
Magneto
Molecule Man
Graviton
Captain Marvel
Silver Surfer

and at least 50 other.

All the rest: bring it on...!

LordFear
Zahit, c'mon this is what I am talking about, brains???
What about IM?
when the thread of IM vs SM. people were saying that there is no way of SM losing!!!!WHY!!!
Then it was Juggy and Hulk. People said it was a standstill!!!WHAT???
Then it was Cap, Logan and DD vs SM. People said no freakin' way cuz he could just pick them out!!!!WHAT???
See my point here people?
It's like SM is the holy Grail of comix.
ust my opinion

Draco69
She-Hulk too.

sbo
A gold medal at the science fair won't keep spidey from getting his ass beat. Rogue has too many advantages in this fight. Agility can only help so much if you're going up against someone faster, stronger, more durable, and who only needs to touch you once to beat you.

who?-kid
And how is Rogue going to touch him ? He dodges things much faster than Rogue every day.

Zahit
Zahit, c'mon this is what I am talking about, brains???
What about IM?
when the thread of IM vs SM. people were saying that there is no way of SM losing!!!!WHY!!!
Then it was Juggy and Hulk. People said it was a standstill!!!WHAT???
Then it was Cap, Logan and DD vs SM. People said no freakin' way cuz he could just pick them out!!!!WHAT???
See my point here people?
It's like SM is the holy Grail of comix.
ust my opinion
Iron Man would normally beat Spiderman.
Juggy and Hulk would normally eventually beat Spiderman.
Cap, Wolvie & Daredevil CAN beat Spidey, but Spidey is much more
powerful than all three of them. They CAN beat him, and Spidey CAN
beat them too.
I won't lie, Spiderman is my favorite character, but I'm NOT a fanboy (scum-of-the-earth).
People naturally want their favorite to win all the time.
Only someone who has read A LOT of comics of the past 30 years
can make honest opinions without being stupidly biased.

And by the way, Spiderman fanboyism exists, but it's nowhere near
the level of severe retardation that Wolverine and X-fanboyism are.
There are people here who think Wolverine can beat Godzilla!!!!!!
There are people who think Wolverine can beat Lobo cause they saw
it in a book once.
There are people here who think Storm can beat Hulk, Dr. Doom, God...
see what I mean.
Fanboyism is the scourge that is slowly destroying comics.
And Wolverine and X-Fanboyism is the worst of the lot.

Zahit
Originally posted by sbo
A gold medal at the science fair won't keep spidey from getting his ass beat. Rogue has too many advantages in this fight. Agility can only help so much if you're going up against someone faster, stronger, more durable, and who only needs to touch you once to beat you.
to that comment........all I can say is.......READ A BOOK.

LordFear
I will agree that fanboyism is the scourge of this forum.

sbo
to that comment........all I can say is.......READ A BOOK.

All I can say is, try and think about it logically.

Scoobless
Originally posted by sbo

Rogue may be faster at getting from point A to point B due to her flight speed but Spider-Man is much faster in terms of reflexes and reaction speed

sbo
Rogue may be faster at getting from point A to point B due to her flight speed but Spider-Man is much faster in terms of reflexes and reaction speed

I agree spiderman's reflexes are faster, but Rogue's are far above that of a normal human. The difference between the two of them in this respect, isn't nearly great enough to negate all of Rogue's other advantages.

Zahit
Originally posted by sbo
I agree spiderman's reflexes are faster, but Rogue's are far above that of a normal human. The difference between the two of them in this respect, isn't nearly great enough to negate all of Rogue's other advantages.

YES IT IS.

Scoobless
it is when it's working along with his spider-sense

Zahit
WHICH IS ALWAYS.

vaya_the_elf
I'd think spiderman would win. He could find away to fight her with out coming anywhere neat her.

Like with his webs, and stuff.

sbo
Webs and agility aren't going to be enough. She could snap his webbing, and him too. He'd have to get close to Rogue to do any damage, and she can cause him a lot more damage than he could cause her.

Scoobless
Originally posted by sbo
Webs and agility aren't going to be enough. She could snap his webbing, and him too. He'd have to get close to Rogue to do any damage, and she can cause him a lot more damage than he could cause her.

again i refer you to the Titania fight, she was stronger and more durable than Rogue and she got her ass kicked because of the agility, reflexes, speed, and spider-sense....... Rogue may have a slight speed edge over Titania but she can't take as much punishment....... Spidey going all out would probably take the same amount of time with Rogue as he did with her

radioboy121
Spiderman wins.

head-to-toe. What the hell is she gonna do???

His costume is very thin, which allows his clinging ability to take effect. Otherwise if he was in a thicker costume, it will be negated (i.e. iron suit Spiderman or something like that). For this reason, IF she was able to get her hands on him, she is very viable in having his memories/abilities absorbed.

sbo
again i refer you to the Titania fight, she was stronger and more durable than Rogue and she got her ass kicked because of the agility, reflexes, speed, and spider-sense....... Rogue may have a slight speed edge over Titania but she can't take as much punishment....... Spidey going all out would probably take the same amount of time with Rogue as he did with her

Titania is slower than Rogue, hasn't got the sixth sense, hasn't got heightened reflexes, can't fly, and can't absorb powers. The only similarity between Titania and Rogue is that they're both chicks with superstrength.
Rogue's got a whole lot more going for her than Titana, more than Spidey can overcome.

stormfront13
imo it can go both ways

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by sbo
Titania is slower than Rogue, hasn't got the sixth sense, hasn't got heightened reflexes, can't fly, and can't absorb powers. The only similarity between Titania and Rogue is that they're both chicks with superstrength.
Rogue's got a whole lot more going for her than Titana, more than Spidey can overcome.

Nice way to take the repetitive reference of titania out of the picture

who?-kid
Originally posted by sbo
The only similarity between Titania and Rogue is that they're both chicks with superstrength.

Titania is almost twice as strong and much more durable than Rogue. Huge difference if you ask me.

Which part of "She can not break his webs." you don't understand ?

sbo
Titania is almost twice as strong and much more durable than Rogue. Huge difference if you ask me.]

There IS a huge difference between them, that was exactly my point. Titania is strong and durable, that's it. Rogue's got more than just strength on her side. They're not a good comparison.

Spidey's webbing has the strength of steel so there are plenty of people who can break it, including Rogue. I've seen his webbing snapped before so you can't tell me it's unbreakable.

who?-kid
Originally posted by sbo
Spidey's webbing has the strength of steel so there are plenty of people who can break it, including Rogue. I've seen his webbing snapped before so you can't tell me it's unbreakable.
Sigh...

Okay, first of all, I never said it's unbreakable.

Second, it's a lot stronger than just steel. In Secret Wars, he webbed Rogue up, and she couldn't free herself. Only the very strong can break his webs (Hulk, Morlun, Iron Man, Juggernaut, Abomination, Black Tarantula, Titania, Thor).

Rogue just isn't strong enough.

Alpha Centauri
He took out the X-Men in Secret Wars.

She's quite strong and fairly resistant to damage but she wouldn't beat Spider-Man simply because he's better than she is.

Yes, that is why. That's why despite her powers, she's still a 3rd rate X-Woman.

-AC

sbo
The secret Wars also had Spidey sneaking up on professor X without being detected until he was right on top of them, which would be impossible. And hulk being crippled by a single laser blast to the leg. They're not a good reference for anything.

And if you want to bring up references. Spidey's been beaten up by slow movers like the vulture and tombstone and Rogue is a lot faster than either.

There's no need to even look up references. Just look at the powers that each of them has and it's clear Spiderman is outmatched.

Scoobless
lol........outmatched.....lol

just look at the powers she says...........hahahahaha........... that must be why Captain America died that time he fought Scor..... no..... Rhin......hmm, not him either.......must've been Ultr.....waitaminute...Cap's not dead!........ you are being very naive to think looking at a strength chart determines the winner of any fight

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by sbo
The secret Wars also had Spidey sneaking up on professor X without being detected until he was right on top of them, which would be impossible. And hulk being crippled by a single laser blast to the leg. They're not a good reference for anything.

Coming from someone who thinks Contest of Champions is completely canon and referable, I'd say we shouldn't go there for your sake. You're a hypocrite.

Rogue isn't beating him.

-AC

sbo
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Coming from someone who thinks Contest of Champions is completely canon and referable, I'd say we shouldn't go there for your sake. You're a hypocrite.

Rogue isn't beating him.

-AC

You're the hypocrite. You said crossovers in general aren't canon and then you bring up secret wars when it suits your purpose.

I'm bringing up inconsistencies within a storyline, not bashing all crossovers in general.

And as I said even without references, Rogue's got too many advantages. She wins.

Alpha Centauri
Oh dear...

*Points to chalkboard*

Cross-over. A term used when two companies in comics, cross rosters and make a dual comic. Such as DC Vs Marvel.

Secret Wars isn't a crossover junior. It was a mini series. Like Infinity Gauntlet or The End.

Inconsistencies within a storyline? X-Men is just about the most inconsistent comic in Marvel history.

Anyway, I'm not about stealing other peoples posting techniques so I'll let you keep yours and I'll get back on topic.

Rogue's got too many advantages? Spider-Man stopped Juggernaut, he's beat the X-Men.

I'd say he wins. Sorry.

-AC

Swanky-Tuna
She does have a lot of advantages but Spidey has the skills to pay the bills.

sbo
Saying X-men is the most inconsistent comic doesn't really mean much. They're all inconsistent, at least in terms of who wins fights.
If you look at the powers that both of them have, Spidey just hasn't got the goods.

Alpha Centauri
Spider-Sense, amazing strength, possibly the best agility in Marvel, smarter than Rogue by a long shot.

I'd say he has more than enough. He's taken out the team, why is one member a problem?

Answer: It's not.

-AC

Scoobless
Originally posted by sbo
If you look at the powers that both of them have, Spidey just hasn't got the goods.

......... stick out tongue

just look at the powers she says...........hahahahaha........... that must be why Captain America died that time he fought Scor..... no..... Rhin......hmm, not him either.......must've been Ultr.....waitaminute...Cap's not dead!........ you are being very naive to think looking at a strength chart determines the winner of any fight

sbo
If you actually think that spiderman beating entire X-men team is a realistic event, then you've got some serious brain damage.

Rogue could tear Spidey's head off and chunk it through aunt May's living room window without any help whatsoever.

who?-kid
Originally posted by sbo
Rogue could tear Spidey's head off and chunk it through aunt May's living room window without any help whatsoever.
True. But so can 90 % of the enemies of Spider-Man.

sbo
Then they should all get together and have a Spidey head chunking contest. The one who throws it the farthest w/out busting it open wins.

Scoobless
Originally posted by sbo
If you actually think that spiderman beating entire X-men team is a realistic event, then you've got some serious brain damage.

he didn't "beat" them, just surprised them, knocked a couple of them around then ran away to tell Cap and Mr F that they were planning to join Magneto (secret wars)....... but they weren't able to stop him from doing it, only Xavier could......... he just made him forget what he had overheard

Scoobless
Originally posted by sbo
Then they should all get together and have a Spidey head chunking contest. The one who throws it the farthest w/out busting it open wins.

i think they tried that in New Avengers

sbo
I would call it a beating. He slapped wolverine around like a little schoolgirl. Then in later stories they fight evenly matched.

Even surprising them like that wouldn't happen. Between Xavier's mental powers and Wolverine's senses, they should have known he was there.

sbo
i think they tried that in New Avengers

Who threw it the farthest?

Scoobless
they almost got it ripped off but Cap, Cage and SHIELD decided to start helping Spidey out...... after letting him get beat around by about forty supercriminals for 2 minutes

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by sbo

While we're talking of "realistic events" in comics I suggest you rethink your position. I know your idea of "realistic" only applies when Rogue wins.

Such a hypocrite.

Rogue has the strength, never doubted that. Spider-Man has alot more. The reason he survives against his enemies is coz he is more skillful, smarter and a better fighter than they are.

Like he is to Rogue.

-AC

sbo
Why should I rethink my poosition. I've shown that your reference doesn't hold water, and since you have no counter to my argument, you start whining about things I've said on completely different threads. You're as outmatched on this thread as your good buddy Spidey.

Face it, there's no way that someone with a slight edge in reflexes could beat someone with all of these other powers at their disposal. Agility can only help so much when you're going up against an opponent who is so much faster, stronger, can take anything you can dish out, can come at you from any direction, and can knock you out with no problem at all. Spiderman's good, but not good enough to overcome so much.

Draco69
Wow. Rogue and Spider-Man are neck for neck in the pollls.

who?-kid
Originally posted by sbo
Face it, there's no way that someone with a slight edge in reflexes could beat someone with all of these other powers at their disposal.
A slight edge ? Lol, I like that one.

Spider-Man is much faster than Rogue, has superior reflexes, is by far a better fighter, has much more experience than Rogue ever will have, is smarter, has a web she just can't break and certainly has the raw power to knock her lights out .

And I even forgot to mention his spider-sense, which will warn him of ANY attack of Rogue.

Rogue only wins if she can grab him. And that's a whole lot easier said than done. Faster, stronger and better people than Rogue have tried it a million times. Lots of his enemies are stronger and more durable, and are way more dangerous than Rogue.

Most of times, he beats them senseless.

Scoobless
what he said thumbup1

DigiMark007
what he said thumbup1

Agreed.

I'm also thrilled to be the one to break the tie in the poll.

-DM

DigiMark007
Ack! It's on the next page! My quote of Scoob was supposed to point to Scoob's post which in turn was pointing to another one. The irony was brilliant! But alas, my masterful plans have failed...

-DM

python99
Well, as long she doesn't touch him, Spider-Man wins, Rogue isn't exactly the best fighter ever. And she doesn't fight as fast as SM does.

And last but not least, she can not break his webs.

But if she manages to touch him, she wins.
]

remember rouge has to do skin to skin contact so touching spidey is going to do anything unless she touches his skin just thought i'd point that out to you

xmarksthespot
I was looking through some old comics and chanced upon these:

http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/2254/27xt2.th.jpghttp://img71.imageshack.us/img71/7631/28ea2.th.jpghttp://img71.imageshack.us/img71/5046/29bq0.th.jpg

So I thought I'd bump this. 131

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I was looking through some old comics and chanced upon these:

http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/2254/27xt2.th.jpghttp://img71.imageshack.us/img71/7631/28ea2.th.jpghttp://img71.imageshack.us/img71/5046/29bq0.th.jpg

So I thought I'd bump this. 131

What the...I mean ouch...shifty

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
What the...I mean ouch...shifty Ouch would imply she was injured... but she wasn't... 313

ExodusCloak

Jyppe
Sabretooth Koed classic Rogue in couple of hots? Couldn't Spider-man do the same?

jinzin
i actually see spiderman taking the majority here....

and... what the!?! where did that fight take place with bianary?

the hell? did rogue gain some cosmic powers there or something? since when can she take that kind of damage?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by jinzin
i actually see spiderman taking the majority here....

How?

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by jinzin

the hell? did rogue gain some cosmic powers there or something? since when can she take that kind of damage?

I'm actually more freaked out at the speed at which she got back to Earth. She was knocked all the way to a heavenly body...which looks like the Moon.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Jyppe
Sabretooth Koed classic Rogue in couple of hots? Couldn't Spider-man do the same? Two can play that game. 131

Strong Guy KOed Spider-Man in one-shot.

Rogue pwned and KOed Strong Guy.

Her powers have been inconsistent - particularly her speed but also invulnerability. Her invulnerability lies somewhere between the incredibly low showing of losing to Sabretooth to the very high showing of being unfazed by a pissed off Binary's punches. Imo closer to the Binary than to the Sabretooth.

http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/5606/17ve9.th.jpg http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/7367/18yg8.th.jpg
N.B. she isn't actually injured and is back to help save Longshot in a couple of pages.
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/8330/20so3.th.jpg http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/6843/21wf5.th.jpg

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/1129/22ze0.th.jpg http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/4980/24pj7.th.jpg http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3229/26tr7.th.jpg http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/8651/27ri9.th.jpg http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/39/29wz8.th.jpg

the_satan32
I say Spider-Man, he's pwned plenty of more powerful guys (Firelord, Iron man 2020) Rouge's only advantage is strength. Spidey is class 20 (I think he was class 10 when he defeated Titania) now so I think her invulnurabilaty won't help her that much.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by the_satan32
Rouge's only advantage is strength. Spidey is class 20 (I think he was class 10 when he defeated Titania) now so I think her invulnurabilaty won't help her that much.

Can't she fly? And if she touches ungaurded flesh can't she start draining his life force?

What If...
Can we replace this with current Rogue?

That way the Spidey fan boys have nothing to debate about?

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by What If...
Can we replace this with current Rogue?

That way the Spidey fan boys have nothing to debate about? Current Rogue would very likely lose. She doesn't have anywhere near her Classic durability.

sbo
Current Rogue could easily incinerate him from a distance.

Classic Rogue is just too tough for him to handle, greater speed, strrength, and invulnerability.

Jyppe
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Two can play that game. 131

Exactly why I was asking bangin

Sailor Chaos
Originally posted by Draco69

From uncannyxmen.net
"Nightcrawler became temporary leader of the team, and he tried to test Rogue for the seventh sense that Ms. Marvel had possessed. After his randomly teleporting and tickling her, Rogue was very annoyed and finally managed to hit the exact spot where Kurt would next appear. It seemed that she was only able to manifest this vague ability under great stress, and she had absolutely no interest to develop this ability any further . "

jinzin
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
How?

pull a firelord on her.

See okay, I'm not like most here, I don't think that spiderman's far outweighs rogue in speed, or anything even close.. I think that rogue's overall speed is most likely faster than spiderman's.

but Rogue, as it seems to me suffers from the same problem that eric masterson thor did... while she retains multitudes of superpowers at her disposal, she STILL has a human perception in most of her appearances from what I can tell. She doesn't interpret things in a superhuman fashion, which is a definite problem for her. Like thor's human mind couldn't precieve what was happening when spiderman blitzed him, I feel the same would happen to rogue.
Now while, i do suspect she can use her speed to punch spiderman, and while I do think that spiderman wouldn't last but perhaps 3 to 5 punches before he was done (if that), I also think that spiderman simply has the experience to play rogues flight against her, and no sell her punches up close. She's got he power but she doesn't have the knowhow to hit spiderman. We've seen him do this time and time again against people with emmense super strength, titania, absorbing man, firelord, rampage, thing, rhino, abomination... I could go on but I think you get the point... what rouge has in power she doesn't equate to in skill.. not to say she's not skilled.. but she's not skilled enough to h2h with spidey and come out on top.

Spiderma's reflexes have proven to be times better than rogues own. while spiderman dodges lazers while takng naps, rogues had to be kicked out of the way of them on two occasions off the the top of my head.

Another major point to consider is personalities..
Rogues shown a notorious pension for letting her emotions get the best of her whe she's confronted which mocking and jokers (i.e. gambit, iceman, wolverine, multiple man)... considering that spiderman's the master of mind games, rogue will almost surely be effected by CIS and throw a tantrum like usual, something she can't afford to do with spiderman.

that, and the fact that she's already been shown to be pretty helpless against his webbing... it just seems to SPELL out doom for rogue here..

The way I see this fight, spiderman can dodge her and out maneuver her fairly easily, that fact alone coupled with his taunting is going to make rogue go nuts, when she loses her cool, she'll leave herself exposed and get webbed up for her troubles.. after that, spiderman just continuously pummels her in her webbing cacoon until she stops wiggling/moving... spidey wins.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by sbo
Current Rogue could easily incinerate him from a distance.

...Not really. She would not have near the speed to tag him before he closes the distance between them and knocks her out with one shot.

Classic Rogue would most likely take the majority I agree. Greater speed my ass though.

Sailor Chaos
Oh man... this one is up in the air....

What If...
Current Rogue still has the strength and durability of her classic self, and her flight speed is faster.

Spidey isn't closing the gap...when the gap is sky.

DarkCrawler
Current Rogue has the strength and durability of his classic self since when? She can only increase her strength by focusing her flame inwards, and her strength doesn't approach Spider-Man levels then, and defenitely not at her classic levels. And even if Rogue gets to flight before Spider-Man closes the gap between them (and I assume that they don't start extremely far) Spider-Man can just, you know, jump and catch her and punch her unconcious. Or throw a web ball at her an take her down that way. Since his webbing is flame-resistant too...

What If...
All that sounds very sweet and everything, but it's unlikely and stupid.

Not like this is a H2H fight anyways...considering, you know, she can radiate an aura of heat that will crisp Spider-Man into nothing...but Rogue recently duked it out with the Ms.Marvel from a different dimmention.

True, her strength and durability isn't what it was, but it is still above Spider-Man.

And Spider-Man is going to jump reallly high and punch Rogue out? Just imagining that makes me laugh.

Arachnid1
God...I love Spiderman to bits but I don't see him winning against Rogue unless he got at least 2 hours prep. The was smart enough to make a mini EMP bomb the size of an IPOD in about an hour or so so I wouldn't dought him when it comes to prep but without it, Spiderman doesn't win.

Unless ( don't know much about Iron Spidey or what he does) Iron Spidey has something that could help him reach her in the sky. Or maybe even the symbiote. I dought that too, but it's his only chance without prep.

If he does get prep, I gove this to him.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by What If...
All that sounds very sweet and everything, but it's unlikely and stupid.

Not like this is a H2H fight anyways...considering, you know, she can radiate an aura of heat that will crisp Spider-Man into nothing...but Rogue recently duked it out with the Ms.Marvel from a different dimmention.

True, her strength and durability isn't what it was, but it is still above Spider-Man.

And Spider-Man is going to jump reallly high and punch Rogue out? Just imagining that makes me laugh.

You again forget Spider-Man's vastly superior speed edge. Spider-Man is LITERALLY WAY faster then human thought. And like I said, his web is flame-proof. Hence, he could just shield himself with it like he has done dozens of times against Human Torch.

And you...think that Spider-Man can't jump "really high"? That's...uh...basically his trademark. I think I am the one who should be laughing here and all...

Oh yeah, and she will totally burn him to crisp...

If only...if only Spider-Man had some sort of...warning sense that would warn him of incoming attacks...if only Stan Lee had created something that warns him from huge-ass explosions and virtually any attack possible before they happen...

You know, I think I'll mail Marvel with idea of sense like that. I think I will call it Spider-Sense.

Oh, and the alternate Warbird did not use her strenght at all against Rogue...just the energy blasts. That fight shows NOTHING that would put Rogue on Spider-Man's level on durability or strength...

the_satan32
Why don't we get back on topic? Draco69 has clearly stated that it's classic Rouge.

DarkCrawler
Yeah, I know, and I thought that was already settled. Classic Rogue would obviously win. Current one would not...

xmarksthespot
Does anybody actually think that in a forum battle Spider-Man stands any chance against that team of 6 X-Men and Xavier? erm

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>