Battle of The Sexes; 4

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

laydiiplayette
Here are the Remaining teams, pick the inner circle for the next round.:
Girls:
Storm
Rogue
Phoenix
Wonder Woman
Emma Frost
Scarlet Witch
Raven
She-hulk
Vindicator
Invisible Woman

Men:
Green Lantern
Batman
Superman
Spiderman
The Flash
The Hulk
Cyclops
Colossus
Venom
Iron Man

pr1983
can we pick guys who fought in the last match?

King Burger
Phoenix?! I cry foul!

If Phoenix gets involved, then I call Galactus.

Also, you put a psychic and a mystic for the ladies, but
none for the men (refering to Frost, and Scalrlet Witch
and Raven), and you added a smart, yet normal human
to the men, but only super-beings for the women (refering
to Batman).

I cry double-foul!

pr1983
we don't even got thor...

Draco69
The girls win. ( I think Phoenix is Jean Grey. Phoenix has been her codename for years now.)

pr1983
its not 10v10... its 3 v 3... gotta pick the team of guys...

ayjay
Superman, GL, Batz

Draco69
WW, IW, Phoenix.

stormfront13
i don't think we can pick people that fought in the last fight- storm, emma, invisable womsn, green lantern, cyclops and wolverine was voted out. so for the girls i say vindicator, wonder woman, and phoenix

laydiiplayette
Yeah, first of all, King Burger, don't get on my case about the teams, users chose them, not me. If you wanted more super people, then you should've chosen them. You know, Batman go the same amount of votes as Green Lantern. Second, Invisible Woman, Emma Frost, Storm, Green Lantern and Cyclops are not able to be selected this round.

pr1983
Originally posted by laydiiplayette
Yeah, first of all, King Burger, don't get on my case about the teams, users chose them, not me. If you wanted more super people, then you should've chosen them. You know, Batman go the same amount of votes as Green Lantern. Second, Invisible Woman, Emma Frost, Storm, Green Lantern and Cyclops are not able to be selected this round.

not entirely true...

you refused to allow the guys have silver surfer or thor... but gave the women phoenix...

laydiiplayette
No, not enough people voted for those heros. There were other heros that had more votes, making them higher on the list than thor or silver surfer. People voted for them, but evidently, not enough. When did I ever say, No Silver Surfer and No Thor. I do not recall saying that at all.

pr1983
you removed several men from the rankings due to them being too powerful thereby creating an advantage for the men, yet you allowed a being that consumes stars...

laydiiplayette
No, I did not. People voted, and some of them did not have those on their list. If you go back to the drafting thread, I did not state that I was going to remove men from the team. I simply stated that I thought that it would be sort of unfair for the guys to have so many power people. I simply asked if anyone agreed with me, I did not remove anyone, that question had nothing to do with the actual drafting results.

stormfront13
i think she means jean grey cause that was her codename for a while

pr1983
i'll go check...

btw my vote is for:

spidey, batman and colossus...

Scoobless
colossus, batman and spider-man

stormfront13
vindicator, wonder woman, and phoenix

laydiiplayette
'kay

ayjay
batman, spider-man, colossus

stormfront13
i like ayjay's team

Scoobless
did everyone forget about this or what?

stormfront13
idk it went away fir a while and i couldn't find it

Scoobless
you should PM a moderator and ask them to stick it at the top of the board like with the other one

Jackie Malfoy
Let the best man win!jm

laydiiplayette
Sorry, I've been kinda busy with school and friends but here is your hint: Every hero has their strengths and weaknesses, but have they ever tried something new? Lets see how they fair with a new pair of shoes.

Scoobless
Sorry, I've been kinda busy with school and friends but here is your hint: Every hero has their strengths and weaknesses, but have they ever tried something new? Lets see how they fair with a new pair of shoes.

you're going to give them different powers aren't you? like switch the guys powers for the girls or something

pr1983
Originally posted by Scoobless
you're going to give them different powers aren't you? like switch the guys powers for the girls or something

probably...

scoobless whats with the sig?

Scoobless
i just felt like a change......... don't you like my "Wolverine after slaughtering Superman" pic?....... lol

here's a bigger version so you can make it all out........ big grin

http://img38.exs.cx/img38/1688/wolverineVSSuperman.jpg

laydiiplayette
I am not saying anything about the mission except that hint. You may change your teams if you wish.

stormfront13
well then um... for the girls i say raven, she-hulk, and rogue

Scoobless
i'm not changing my team...... Spider-Man, Batman and Colossus

pr1983
i just felt like a change......... don't you like my "Wolverine after slaughtering Superman" pic?....... lol

here's a bigger version so you can make it all out........ big grin

http://img38.exs.cx/img38/1688/wolverineVSSuperman.jpg

wolverine beating superman... What the f**k?

my team is spidey, colossus and batman...

stormfront13
oh man batman is in it??crap lol he doesn't have powers oh well does ravens magic skills still come to use cause she knows them??

pr1983
Originally posted by stormfront13
oh man batman is in it??crap lol he doesn't have powers oh well does ravens magic skills still come to use cause she knows them??

knows what?

stormfront13
magic- she uses magic sometimes

laydiiplayette

pr1983
magic- she uses magic sometimes

ok... i know...

dael fishd evil
Vindicator, Raven and Scarlet Witch.

Wh4t3v3rPhr34k
Rogue, Scarlet Witch and Vindicator.

stormfront13
well will vindicators suit be transfered to someone else??

laydiiplayette
i am not going to answer that question at this time.

stormfront13
well if her suit doesn't then i'd want her on the girls team

laydiiplayette
you already voted, then changed your vote.

stormfront13
what??

Scoobless
well will vindicators suit be transfered to someone else??

ok, the whole power swap theory was just a guess of mine....... it might be something completely different

stormfront13
i know but it seems logocal due to the hint

laydiiplayette
I'm going to end the voting in 2 hours.

stormfront13
well.....uh...i say raven, rogue, and vindicator

laydiiplayette
Here are the teams:
Girls:Rogue, Vindicator, and Scarlet Witch

Guys:Batman, Spiderman and Colossus.

Well, I am sorry to say that none of you caught on to what I was saying. You all followed Scoobless' theory, and were wrong, even though it was a very good theory. Anyways, this battle is going to be a little bit different, rather than change people's abilities and then have them fight each other, this battle actually has not clashes between opposing teams. Now, the rule of this battle is that all of these people are heroes, and to be a hero, you don't need super strength, or flight, or mind powers, you just need to work for the greater good. But, typically, we think of heroes as super beings, and what else do we group with the superhero requirements? A hero would be nothing without their enemies. Now, whenever you think of each superhero, you think of a certain villain that they have triumphed over. I have simply paired each superhero participating with their own villain. Each team will do battle with their enemies. But, this is kinda boring, because we know that if its spiderman versus venom, most of the time spiderman will win, because it has been done so many times. So each hero on each team, will do battle with a villain of another teammate.

Here is my list:
Girls:
Rogue-Mystique
Vindicator-Lady Deathstrike
Scarlet Witch-Mantis

Guys:
Spider-man-Venom
Batman-Joker
Colossus-Mikhail Rasputin

Now to switch it up, here is the list of who will be facing who:
Girls:
Rogue - Mantis
Scarlet Witch - Lady Deathstrike
Vindicator - Mystique

Guys:
Batman - Venom
Spiderman - Mikhail Rasputin
Colossus - Joker

Each battle will be a one on one fight, with no prep time. Lets see who will win.

black wolverine
forget the team of 3 its a rule **** it

anyway since the guys have superman and the hulk i gotta say guys win easy

laydiiplayette

pr1983
so do u mean:

Batman, Spiderman & Colossus fight mantis, deathstrike and mystique?

stormfront13
no i think she means that rogue will fight mantis, scarlet witch will fight lady deathstrke and vindicator will fight mystique.

laydiiplayette
Yes, I mean that Rogue will fight Mantis, etc.

pr1983
Yes, I mean that Rogue will fight Mantis, etc.

so basically highest score wins?

and what if its a tie?

stormfront13
i think the girls win cause they are all capable of beating their villians. for the gys i think that batman will get beat and joker has that acid flour and in the past colossus has been hurt w/ those kind of attacks. now mihkal i don't think will beat spidey even though he is a teleporter and will kill first chance he gets i don't he will win. but i don't know too much about mihkal

pr1983
joker is not hurting colossus, at all...

why is venom allowed when he's one of the remaining other heroes?

laydiiplayette
I put venom in, because personally, when I think of Spiderman, I think of Venom. srry ^^;. It is decided by score, and if the scores are tied, 2 new sets of villains will be brought in.

pr1983
i understand, but...

firstly...

the green goblin and doctor octopus were always far greater enemies of spidey... and closer to being his nemesis than venom ever was...

and secondly... venom is on our actual team...

surely that cant be allowed?

laydiiplayette
Originally posted by pr1983
i understand, but...

firstly...

the green goblin and doctor octopus were always far greater enemies of spidey... and closer to being his nemesis than venom ever was...

and secondly... venom is on our actual team...

surely that cant be allowed?

Firstly, why can't it be allowed? Spiderman has fought Venom, and they are on the same team, Emma Frost has fought Storm, and they are on the same team. I don't see what the problem is? Secondly, I never said that they were the greatest enemies, but when i asked other people that aren't really into comic books or spiderman, they either said Venom, or the Black Spiderman guy (Allene is so stupid).

stormfront13
but colossus has been hurt by plasma and acid type attacks in n the past why is this different?? joker has the acid flour is one of the deadliest villians and doesn't he carry around different types of dangerous gasses??

pr1983
Firstly, why can't it be allowed? Spiderman has fought Venom, and they are on the same team, Emma Frost has fought Storm, and they are on the same team. I don't see what the problem is? Secondly, I never said that they were the greatest enemies, but when i asked other people that aren't really into comic books or spiderman, they either said Venom, or the Black Spiderman guy (Allene is so stupid).

cos of the cartoon...

and you should be asking people who read comics... this is a comic debate isnt it?

and venom is one of ours... having him as an enemy is ridiculous imo... we can choose him for matches, its wrong imo that he should be an enemy at all...

but colossus has been hurt by plasma and acid type attacks in n the past why is this different?? joker has the acid flour is one of the deadliest villians and doesn't he carry around different types of dangerous gasses??

cos its the joker... batman can take him... its a flower that shoots acid, easily dodged, and gasses wont hurt colossus, he doesnt breathe in metal form...

Scoobless
Guys:
Batman - Venom
Spiderman - Mikhail Rasputin
Colossus - Joker

Each battle will be a one on one fight, with no prep time. Lets see who will win.

With no prep time Joker can't hurt Colossus at all

I need info on Rasputin as i don't know anything about him

Batman...... hmm...... i would like to argue for him but i can't see him beating Venom without prep time

pr1983
mikhail rasputin:

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/characters/showquestion.asp?fldAuto=858

Scoobless
just did a quick search....... seems Rasputin is something of a teleporter.... Spidey beats him as whenever he pops up his spider sense will warn him to dodge....... after a couple of pops spidey will knock him out

pr1983
so the guys win 2 out of 3? what about the women?

Scoobless
Girls:
Rogue - Mantis
Scarlet Witch - Lady Deathstrike
Vindicator - Mystique

give me a link to Mantis

pr1983
mantis seems like a special one alright...

http://www.marveldirectory.com/xoops/modules/wordbook/entry.php?entryID=453

she took down thor...

Scoobless
http://www.marveldirectory.com/xoops/modules/wordbook/entry.php?entryID=453

seems like a female Captain America but can also control plants..... weird

How did she beat Thor?

pr1983
shes a master of exploiting pressure points...

laydiiplayette
cos of the cartoon...

and you should be asking people who read comics... this is a comic debate isnt it?

and venom is one of ours... having him as an enemy is ridiculous imo... we can choose him for matches, its wrong imo that he should be an enemy at all...

cos its the joker... batman can take him... its a flower that shoots acid, easily dodged, and gasses wont hurt colossus, he doesnt breathe in metal form...

I know, but the whole point is not to ask people who are totally immersed in the comic book genre, I asked people that didn't really know that much about it because they would just say the first person that came to mind. I mean, if you were to ask someone who was really into spiderman, they might say uh... Medusa or Doc Ock or Lizard or Mysterio, but that might not be because it was the first person that came to mind, it would be because they really liked that villain or something. I also chose him because personally, the first time I saw him, I thought of him as a paradigm of Spiderman. I don't see why you are throwing such a fit about 2 teammates fighting, if you have watched Battle of the Sexes or any of the RW VS RR challenges, there have been multiples fights, both physical and verbal.

pr1983
I know, but the whole point is not to ask people who are totally immersed in the comic book genre, I asked people that didn't really know that much about it because they would just say the first person that came to mind. I mean, if you were to ask someone who was really into spiderman, they might say uh... Medusa or Doc Ock or Lizard or Mysterio, but that might not be because it was the first person that came to mind, it would be because they really liked that villain or something. I also chose him because personally, the first time I saw him, I thought of him as a paradigm of Spiderman. I don't see why you are throwing such a fit about 2 teammates fighting, if you have watched Battle of the Sexes or any of the RW VS RR challenges, there have been multiples fights, both physical and verbal.

My qualm is about venom being one of our remaining heroes... if he wasnt i would have no problem...

forgive me but what is RW VS RR?

Scoobless
ok then.....

Mantis beats Rogue through skill
Witch would probably beat Deathstrike......(big metal fingernails..... right?)
Mystique would beat Vindicator through skill and trickery

Scoobless
forgive me but what is RW VS RR?

i was wondering that too

laydiiplayette
Real World versus Road Rules Challenge is a reality television show that airs every monday night at 10 pm. It takes former participants from the popular Real World and Road Rules reality television shows, and pits them against each other in a series of physical and mental tests. Each time there is a different catch, whether it is the inferno where people challenge on other person from the opposite team to see who stays in the game, or just a clean vote. Each time there are different teams, sometimes it is just guys versus girls, or road rules versus real world, or good guys versus bad guys.

pr1983
Real World versus Road Rules Challenge is a reality television show that airs every monday night at 10 pm. It takes former participants from the popular Real World and Road Rules reality television shows, and pits them against each other in a series of physical and mental tests. Each time there is a different catch, whether it is the inferno where people challenge on other person from the opposite team to see who stays in the game, or just a clean vote. Each time there are different teams, sometimes it is just guys versus girls, or road rules versus real world, or good guys versus bad guys.

ok... i've only watched it like once... and MTV doesnt show it over here anymore...

Scoobless
i've never even heard of that

stormfront13
i think the girls win- they can win all their matches- rogue can stay out of mantis's reach and then hit her full force or something like that. and no way is mystique beating vindicator. and scarlet witch can affect adamantium so i say she wins cause she is also really powerful and can do something painful to deathstrkie through adamantium

pr1983
i think the girls win- they can win all their matches- rogue can stay out of mantis's reach and then hit her full force or something like that. and no way is mystique beating vindicator. and scarlet witch can affect adamantium so i say she wins cause she is also really powerful and can do something painful to deathstrkie through adamantium

rogue has to get close to hit her... and her speed is nothing special...

poP-ItSHake-iT
Can't Rogue use some projectile power that she absorbed in the past? Just stay out of reach and blast her.

stormfront13
i know she's not fast but her speed is above human. i think rogue has a very god chance of winning. the smart thing for rogue to do is rip her sleeves off and turn her pants into short shorts and then fihgt mantis. this way if mantis tries to hit her in certain parts she will be badly hurt

pr1983
Originally posted by poP-ItSHake-iT
Can't Rogue use some projectile power that she absorbed in the past? Just stay out of reach and blast her.

that is a problem... ladii never specified which rogue this was...

i know she's not fast but her speed is above human. i think rogue has a very god chance of winning. the smart thing for rogue to do is rip her sleeves off and turn her pants into short shorts and then fihgt mantis. this way if mantis tries to hit her in certain parts she will be badly hurt

thats assuming rogue will do that... and a nerve pinch takes a second or two... rogue wont absorb much...

laydiiplayette
Hrm, I thought I said somewhere that it was always going to be the latest version of each hero, sorry, must have slipped my mind.

stormfront13
oh lol when i asked what version you said the one w/ the mrs marvel powers

Scoobless
aren't we using the classic or most well known versions?

laydiiplayette
really, I'm such a dork. Sorry people for the missunderstanding, actually,it wasn't a missunderstanding, it was just me being stupid and not really paying attention, but the heros are all the newest versions.

pr1983
really, I'm such a dork. Sorry people for the missunderstanding, actually,it wasn't a missunderstanding, it was just me being stupid and not really paying attention, but the heros are all the newest versions.

isnt newest rogue really weak?

poP-ItSHake-iT
I think regularly she is, but when she still gets to keep other people's powers and memories.

pr1983
Originally posted by poP-ItSHake-iT
I think regularly she is, but when she still gets to keep other people's powers and memories.

but at the moment i dont think she has that, didnt she lose that?

stormfront13
idk i have seen in comic websites and in interviews that rogue doesn't have any powers as of yet except her absorbation abilities. most of them say that now she can keep all the powers she gets and not so many say seh can't. if this true rogue has already absorbed sunfire so she has his powers. and still mantis can be touched

Scoobless
apparently sage upgraded her to be able to use the abilities of everyone she ever absorbed........ but it didn't last long and now she's back to just absorbing

stormfront13
some of the interviews i have read state that rogue can call upon the powers she she absorbed starting w/ a clean slate- in her own mini-series i have seen her absorb sunfire

poP-ItSHake-iT
oOo, thats cool.

stormfront13
yeah but not excatley sure if its true

laydiiplayette
?

poP-ItSHake-iT

pr1983

Scoobless
i can't belive you quoted that entire post....... lol......... i didn't even read it all the first time around

pr1983
i can't belive you quoted that entire post....... lol......... i didn't even read it all the first time around

i did... i like to be precise... big grin

stormfront13
idk in her mini-series she has only been able to avsorb people, but i am almost positive that in the team she is on i think its uncanny x-men she has used previous powers, idk though but i think i've seen ehr do it.

Va N E L L A 13
I have not seen her mini series out, so shouldn't Uncanny be the most recent one, and the one we should go by?

stormfront13
her series is out lol

Va N E L L A 13
Really? It isn't at any online store that I have looked at, and I didn't see it at Borders, Barnes and Nobles or at my neighborhood comic book retailer.

stormfront13
oh lol well its titled ROGUE. do you live in the u.s.??

Va N E L L A 13
Of Course.

stormfront13
lol well just askin cause some countries get comics late. but there is a rogue series out now lol.

Va N E L L A 13
Why do you keep saying LOL?

stormfront13
cause its a little funny that its been out for like a few months and you didn't know about it

Va N E L L A 13
Its not that I didn't know about it, because I obviously wouldn't be looking for it if I was not aware that it was out. It is just that I not seen it in any of the above places.

stormfront13
and i find that a little funny cause its been out for months in a lot of places

Va N E L L A 13
okay.

Scoobless
oh lol well its titled ROGUE. do you live in the u.s.??

Originally posted by Va N E L L A 13
Of Course.

Exactly what does this mean? of course what? of course you are American? why?

you do realise other countries have the internet don't you?????

disgust

pr1983
Exactly what does this mean? of course what? of course you are American? why?

you do realise other countries have the internet don't you?????

disgust

scoobless your scottish?

Scoobless
yup

pr1983
yup

sry dude... i was convinced you were american... embarrasment

Scoobless
sry dude... i was convinced you were american... embarrasment

........... mad ......... lol......... why would you think that?

pr1983
........... mad ......... lol......... why would you think that?

no idea... just the impression i got... though i have been wrong before...

Scoobless
d'you like the new sig?.... i have a really crappy art program on the computer so it kind of limited me....embarrasment

pr1983
d'you like the new sig?.... i have a really crappy art program on the computer so it kind of limited me....embarrasment

its cool... and surfer is the shit...

Va N E L L A 13
I said of course, because all 4 of us are american, and work at the same place. I am sorry if I offended you or something.

stormfront13
well lets get back to the fight- imo women win or its pretty even

Scoobless
we have to define Rogues current powers first

stormfront13
oh yeah or lady could just make it classic rogue so it doesn't take a long time to define them

Scoobless
that would probably be the easy way to do it

stormfront13
well if its just absorbation rogue then i believe that rogue will lose which imo makes the guys and the girls even

Klogz
Phoenix would kick everyone's ass!

laydiiplayette
Okay, since it is iffy about what the latest version of rogue can do, we will just go with the most well known one. The one with Ms. Marvel's powers.

stormfront13
alriht then unless mantis gets a few hits on rogue then rogue will win imo

Va N E L L A 13
Yeah, I think that Rogue would get beat down for a while, be she would absorb her powers/memories. Then she would know what part of her body to block, and would hit Mantis in those spots, with more force.

Scoobless
nah, fight thread rules state that the combatants know the basic powers and abilities of their opponents........ Mantis wont let Rogue touch her

Va N E L L A 13
nah, fight thread rules state that the combatants know the basic powers and abilities of their opponents........ Mantis wont let Rogue touch her

Let her touch her? I don't think that Mantis has that option. I mean, Rogue isn't the fastest person, but I believe that she is faster than Mantis.

pr1983
Originally posted by Va N E L L A 13
Let her touch her? I don't think that Mantis has that option. I mean, Rogue isn't the fastest person, but I believe that she is faster than Mantis.

Rogue's speed isn't actually that impressive... Mantis hurt Thor... if she can do that she is well capable of taking down Rogue...

stormfront13
yes i agree mantis is more than capable of taking out rogue- but the smart thing for rogue to do is rip her clothes so most of her body is exposed so mantis has a greater chance of making skin-to-skin contact. they are both capable of winning

laydiiplayette
have we come to a decision?

pr1983
yes i agree mantis is more than capable of taking out rogue- but the smart thing for rogue to do is rip her clothes so most of her body is exposed so mantis has a greater chance of making skin-to-skin contact. they are both capable of winning

thats a big if... and rogue doesnt do it against any other enemies consistently...

i say both teams win 2 out of 3...

stormfront13
yeah i say 2 out of 3 also mantis is just to good

Scoobless
i agree ........ it's a draw so far

laydiiplayette
Give me suggestions for villains.

stormfront13
what do you mean??

laydiiplayette
I mean, do you have any suggestions for opponents for this round. I was actually thinking that since everyone from this thread is in the inferno, you guys might be interested in taking a break from this thread and returning to it when the inferno is over. What do you guys think?

Scoobless
I mean, do you have any suggestions for opponents for this round. I was actually thinking that since everyone from this thread is in the inferno, you guys might be interested in taking a break from this thread and returning to it when the inferno is over. What do you guys think?

yeah, ok

stormfront13
maybe, i like this one a lot

pr1983

i'll definately come back big grin

Scoobless
after i went and PM'd Paola to put this at the top of the board and everything........lol

pr1983
after i went and PM'd Paola to put this at the top of the board and everything........lol

laughing

life is cruell
yeha returning after the inferno sounds good

laydiiplayette
okay.

laydiiplayette
Pr, please send me your team vote ASAP.

Paola
is this over?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>