Grievous / Sifo-Dias

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

garygnu
I decided to create this thread for a couple of reasons: firstly, it could spark some interesting, out-of-the-box speculation, and secondly it's something that i believe could actually be feasible (although highly unlikely)

anyway, at the expense of being flambe'd, here goes...

Grievous = Sifo-Dias

We all know that Dooku is a pawn, and not necessarily the one who erased Kamino from the archives. Sifo-Dias has been dead for 10+ years, and other than orderering the clones, we know nothing of him. While walking back from getting my morning coffee, i thought what if Grievous was Sifo, died, then was mechanically brought back to life (i.e. Vader) i thought it might be an interesting take on the fact that Grievous may have been some sort of cyber-human experiment preceding Vader. How else could Sideous have the facilities/idea to save Vader?

Dooku serves as a diversion (separitist) while Sideous, still pissed at the death of Maul, tries to create a replacement until Anakin is old enough and all the pieces are in place. While not necessarily breaking the rule of 2, Grievous' technology and saber skills could be used for the sole purpose of eliminating a good number of jedi.

Anyway, you see where I'm going with this, and it's really just talk, so go easy on me. I know i'm looking waaaaay too deeply into this, but I thought it might be something different to talk about...

Captain REX
Well, good effort/idea, Garygnu, but the Visual Dictionary scans destroyed any shred of mystery to Grievous's past.

Hopefully Lucas will remember to answer the Sifo-Dias thing...

stefaan
So does the Official Site, do some research...

Echuu
hey i got a theory

in the visual dictionary (the pictures of yodas ship he uses to escape) it refers to the one who erased the files as the phantom menace

what if it were maul?
I highly doubt it but it's a theory

either that or it could be qui gon

garygnu
damn Lucas, the OS and that whole 'canon' thing. oh well, i guess someone could close this thread then.

on a side note, i'm not expecting the movie to answer the Sifo-Dias thing, but hopefully the novel will....

Naredhel
I thought there was already a thread about this? Besides, I thought/assumed Sifo Dias was human, whilst Grevious is a species beginning with K...

SithSpy
kaleesh, greivious is a kaleesh warlord

The Ones
sifo dias was a real person. read labyrinth of evil

tachie5
I believe you are right on the fact that Grievious' technology is how they knew they could fix vader. As for the Sifo thing I hope Lucas leaves nothing to speculate on.

Lord Banshee
I dont know if any of you played the game "Star Wars Bounty Hunter" but in the game you play Jango Fett and at the end Count Dooku asks if Jango wants to be the model for the clone army.

This means that Dooku ordered the army, under the name Sifo-Dyas (who recently was killed)

garygnu
not necessarily

tachie5
Good point Banshee, but gary's right. Sifo may have been in cahoots with dooku. Im sure this all this has been covered before in an older thread. Besides The games are considered EU I believe

Lord Banshee
Yes Gary may be right.
Many Jedi were disappointed in the Republic. Not only Dooku but Sora Bulq too for example.

But I dont think Sifo was working with Dooku. Dooku got his order direct with Darth Sidious (accorting to SW bounty hunter) and there was no Sifo Dyas involved. I think its just VERY unlikely and it makes much more sense Dooku just took a random name of a jedi who recently got killed.

benje-kenobi
In the comic scans on MF.com it shows Sifo Dyas frozen and being unloaded from a ship by Dooku. He is a human jedi and his blood is used for General Grevious' blood transfusion.

Don't know how Dooku has Dyas frozen tho.

Lord Banshee
no I really dont believe that

benje-kenobi
Go to the ''Darth Maul in episode III? - Possible evidence inside!'' thread, and its there. Although it may not be true as there is also a comic with Darth Maul hunting down Obi-wan After Ep3 and he is dead in the movies. Interesting reading tho.

J-Unit
Another Thread For This Again...Damn

jedijunky1138
Originally posted by Echuu
hey i got a theory

in the visual dictionary (the pictures of yodas ship he uses to escape) it refers to the one who erased the files as the phantom menace

what if it were maul?
I highly doubt it but it's a theory

either that or it could be qui gon I am beginning to think that Palpatine himself erased the archives. He has the motive and the means. Obi-Wan stated that only a Jedi could erase the files...... What about a Sith? I am not sure if it takes a specific power to access them or if it takes the status of a Jedi to enter the archives. Ether way I would say that Palpatine could have pulled it off.

Lord Banshee
Originally posted by benje-kenobi
Go to the ''Darth Maul in episode III? - Possible evidence inside!'' thread, and its there. Although it may not be true as there is also a comic with Darth Maul hunting down Obi-wan After Ep3 and he is dead in the movies. Interesting reading tho.

Are those the same crappy stories of that robotic Darth Maul returning to take revenge on Obi-Wan sick

Darth_Feros
dooku is not sipho dias cause obi told yoda that sipho dias made the order ten years ago . same with mace, he said its not in dookus character to kill because he was a jedi. so everyone knows who he is so he cant be sipho dias

wallalupp
Originally posted by Lord Banshee
I dont know if any of you played the game "Star Wars Bounty Hunter" but in the game you play Jango Fett and at the end Count Dooku asks if Jango wants to be the model for the clone army.

This means that Dooku ordered the army, under the name Sifo-Dyas (who recently was killed)

as stated before they probably worked together,
and the fact that dooku hired dooku is in the movie

"I was hired by a man called tyranus on one of the moons of bogda" or something like that, and we all know dooku is darth tyranus

but that being said, i belive pablo once said that sifo dyas (or the one that ordered the army) was seen on screen in episode II, so it could be dooku for all we know

DenKi
Originally posted by Lord Banshee

Well that means its Dooku orderd the army then

Originally posted by wallalupp
as stated before they probably worked together,
and the fact that dooku hired dooku is in the movie

"I was hired by a man called tyranus on one of the moons of bogda" or something like that, and we all know dooku is darth tyranus

but that being said, i belive pablo once said that sifo dyas (or the one that ordered the army) was seen on screen in episode II, so it could be dooku for all we know

IF he was shown of screen of episode 2 we would all know who he is, i dont there there gonna tell us in Episode 3

Ushgarak
Long ago answered. Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.