X-team VS. Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sentry
Can the marvel's mutants stop one of the most powerful characters in the marvel universe? The scenario: Thanos decides to collect mutants from all over earth. He collects them and dissects them to see how they tick... Xavier's mansion is the last stop. Professor X, and the other telepaths have known he would be coming for some time. They have a couple weeks of prep time. While Thanos had none since he's been busy collecting mutants from all over the world. Can the X-team overcome Thanos Of Titan?

X-team Roster:

Cyclops
Emma Frost
Colossus
Kitty Pryde
Meggan
Captain Britain(Brian W/Excalibur)
Forge
Storm
Joseph(Magneto clone)
Cable(without virus)
Warpath
Wolverine(Adamantium Laced)
Bishop
Archangel
Professor X
Magma
Havok
Iceman
Polaris
Chamber
Random
Strong Guy
Beast
Juggernaut

Can the X-team overcome Thanos? Or is Thanos just to powerful? Can Forge and Beast come up with something that could stop Thanos in a couple weeks?

I love the X-men and usually their always the underdog. I think they can pull it off. Forge and Beast will probably create something to repel or teleport Thanos away from the Mansion. If their not done by the time he gets their, the other members of the X-team could stall Thanos for little while until they finish.

Draco69
I highly doubt it. Forge and Beast are nowhere near the intelligence of Richards and Doom. And they had a lot of trouble with him.

kgkg
ya they will stop him

why jugs , cable , josep , iceman , prof x and yes wov (haha)

all these powerhouse will stop him.

Thanos is strong but with all these peep and with prep time thanos is going down.

Mainstream
God Like Cable and others other dudes could do it. hug1 you feeling the love..I think you are!

Swanky-Tuna
Storm and Thanos are already even. Forge will invent a device that boosts her powers to higher levels and tip the scales.

Mainstream
that's good thinking..Forge can build anything.

Draco69
It was a joke dude. In reference to all of the Storm threads these days. Doom, Hulk, Thanos.

Mainstream
greenpeepants I was kidding around too.

kgkg
Originally posted by Mainstream
that's good thinking..Forge can build anything.

why didn't forge build a gun that will send galactus packing?????

anything you say huh

Mainstream
I was kidding KgKg greenpeepants

kgkg
i was kidding to

Mainstream
we're just a bunch of kidder aren't we?agree

stormfront13
are they in space?? or like a regular battle field??

Sentry
Battle takes place outside Xavier mansion.

Mainstream
the front or the back of the mansion...more room in the back you know.

kgkg
does thanos bring his ship that can distroy stars????

stormfront13
well like i know who thanos is but what excatley are his limitations and powers

Sentry
Originally posted by Mainstream
the front or the back of the mansion...more room in the back you know.

Ummmm... In the back.

kgkg
his power are beyond surfer , thor , hulk , drax anyone on X-team.

combine they can stop him tho.

kgkg
what about his ship??

Mainstream
yeah...a back yard battle ro-yal!

stormfront13
ok well i was thinking the x-men could stop him anyway

DarkCrawler
God Like Cable got beaten by Silver Surfer...who got bitchslapped by Thanos.

Molecule man
But we are talking about a team here with powerful beings like Cable, Joseph, Xavier etc so the team wins

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Molecule man
But we are talking about a team here with powerful beings like Cable, Joseph, Xavier etc so the team wins

Do you know who Thanos is?

Molecule man
Yes I know who he is but the team with so many people should be able to take him down. Thanos isn't like Molecule man u know

demigawd
A lot of these people are physically incapable of hurting Thanos, though. There are probably, out of this huge team, less than five people capable of causing Thanos any pain at all, even if he were to just stand there. So it becomes five against Thanos, which pretty good odds in favor of Thanos.

LordFear
Hey DarkCrawler thanx man!!!!
I read this thread and up to now I thought everybody went crazy in here!!
Do you people know who Thanos is???
Jesus Christ!!!!!!!!
The Xmen???? THere is no one on that roster that can make Thanos sweat at all. Physically everybody gets overpowered. If Gladiator bithced Juggy, then let's not even talk about anything else.
Physically he wipes everybody out, for the record also, Thanos always has access to his warships, ALWAYS!!!!
But Thanos wouldn't bother with backup. Telepathically no one can approach his mind. If you think Charles had problems when he probed Shi'ar minds, how crazy you think he is gonna be when tryinig to attack or even understand Thanos's????
This fight is not a fight, regardless of prep or not.
Something you just can't prepare for despite your best attempts and this is one of them, period.

Molecule man
Joseph, Cable, Xavier, Iceman with full potential, Juggernaut should be able to put him down. Prof. and Cable could try some TP attack while the others attack him physically

Nataku8188
Joseph, Cable, Xavier, Iceman with full potential, Juggernaut should be able to put him down. Prof. and Cable could try some TP attack while the others attack him physically

You have no idea what you are talking about. At all. Not even a little bit.

Thanos can survive in space, so there goes anything Iceman is capable of. Joseph, Cable and Xavier are all great... except when Thanos points at each one in succession and their heads explode. Then we got Juggernaut. Thanos will watch as big red brings the pain... and the pain is simply left at Thanos' feet. With but a single flick, Juggs will lose his helmet and then he will turn to butter which Thanos will use to butter his toast with. Mmmm, juggbutter.

Molecule man
I know how powerful Thanos are but I still think that the team will win, it's not like the team are up against LT

Nataku8188
I know how powerful Thanos are but I still think that the team will win, it's not like the team are up against LT

You have no idea how powerful Thanos is. For all intents and purposes, they might as well be up against LT, at least he might judge them fit to live.

LordFear
Man I can't believe how limited people's knowledge of the Mad Titan is!!
Juggy would put him down physically???
TP attacks????
That's it, that's their best shot???
Thanos laughs, walks calmly to Xavier and the rest and bashs everybody unoppose. Let Iceman try anything funny and he breaks him. Logan dead!!! Everybody dead!!!
YOU CAN'T STOP THANOS UNLESS YOU ARE ON A SENTRY LEVEL OR SUBCONSCIOUSLY IF HE ALLOWS YOU TO WIN, PEOPLE!!!!

Molecule man
Look at the first page then you will all the members of this team.

We are not talking about Thanos with IG here!

Nataku8188
Thanos possesses the superhuman physiology of all Eternals, granting him superhuman strength, endurance, reflexes, and agility. His skin in nearly invulnerable, particulary against heat, cold, electricity, radiation, toxins, aging, and disease, and he can survive indefinately without food or water even before his "curse" from Death left him immortal, unable to die. His mind is also invulernable to most forms of psychic attack, and can project a psionic blast of energy as well as blasts of plasma/cosmic energy from his eyes and hands. He usually employs a hovering chair with additional offensive weapons and has the ability to teleport fantastic distances.

- Near-godlike strength, endurance, reflexes and agility

- Resistance to virtually all forms of injury

- Psionic blasts

- Cosmic-energy projection

Thats from Marvel.com.

Proceed to shutup now.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by LordFear
If Gladiator bithced Juggy, then let's not even talk about anything else....what? When did they fight?

Molecule man
Some of u people just think that Thanos is all-powerful which he's not.

illadelph12
Hmm... 2 weeks prep time and knowledge of who's coming... Hmm...

Couldn't they procure the plans for the device the High Evolutionary used to create (well, evolve) the Knights of Wundagore and himself, have Forge and Beast build it, and then evolve themselves to the pinnacle of their abilities so that when Thanos arrives, he's facing about 20 ultimate mutants, a fully evolved human with a magical sword, Juggernaut, and Meggan (who is really no help outside of England for an extended period)? I mean, Joseph, Polaris, Cable, Havok, Chamber, Professor X, Storm and Bishop at their highest extent of evolution might be a force to reckoned with.

Just a thought.

If that's not a possibility in 2 weeks, the X men are dissected and tossed away.

LordFear
MM against these cretins yes he is.
ALL these guys from the roster above utilizes powers that Thanos has in mass quantities. It's like pitting ants against a tiger. As a team the ants could take down a lot of insects but a tiger???They aren't even in the same species!!!So imagine Thanos. There is nothing that these guys can bring to the table that Thanos could say "WOW wait a minute those earthlings are pretty serious, didn't see that coming"

Swanky, in the cartoons, the beginning of the Phoenix Saga, Gladiator was facing Juggy and the Xmen. Juggy was acting up, so GLadiator ***** smaked him so hard that he went flying miles into the ocean and that was the end of Juggy's role in the Saga. I think it was Rogue or Logan who said that afterwards, " Wow I never thought I would live to see the day that someone could do that to Juggy".

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by LordFear
Swanky, in the cartoons... Yeah, that's what I thought. That was to show the power of Phoenix. And cartoons aren't canon.

demigawd
Cartoons don't count.

This is hardly a MISMATCH, I just think Thanos will likely win. The wild card, however, would be Forge and the prep time. Forge could build something that synthesizes and absorbs cosmic power, amplifies it and redirects it. That would stagger Thanos with a taste of his own medicine. Joseph would open a blackhole (he'd learn how during those two weeks) and the re-directed blast at Thanos would send him flying through the black hole. Or, a concentrated psi-assault from all the psis could hurt Thanos.

It's not a walk in the park for him at all. But he probably wins.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by demigawd
Cartoons don't count.

This is hardly a MISMATCH, I just think Thanos will likely win. The wild card, however, would be Forge and the prep time. Forge could build something that synthesizes and absorbs cosmic power, amplifies it and redirects it. That would stagger Thanos with a taste of his own medicine. Joseph would open a blackhole (he'd learn how during those two weeks) and the re-directed blast at Thanos would send him flying through the black hole. Or, a concentrated psi-assault from all the psis could hurt Thanos.

It's not a walk in the park for him at all. But he probably wins.

They aren't strong enough psionicly to hurt him.
He doesn't need to use cosmic power, he can beat them with good 'ole fashioned psionics or backhands. Thanos isn't going to be using a blast that's strong enough to knock himself back if he's fighting the X-men.

LordFear
Comix and cartoons!!!!!!!!!!
I thought they went hand in hand as oreos to milk!!!!
C'mon dude, I am not referencing anime or manga here.
Cartoon Xmen, don't you think they must get their facts from the books???

Nataku8188
No. Not at all.

LordFear
Now we are nickpicking seriously.
Cartoons and Comix are not that vastly different regardless of whatever you people tell me.
I am not buying it and it's just gonna be subject of a pointless argument.
I am not talking about a major motion pic here, cartoons.
But whatever I don't feel like arguing over that. I't s nonimportant

Beyonder
Originally posted by Sentry
Molecule man Look at the first page then you will all the members of this team.

We are not talking about Thanos with IG here!

Cyclops - What can he do? Push Thanos around? Thanos waded through Gungnir's attack.
Emma Frost - ???Thanos' new toy? She'd rather be that than fight him.
Colossus - Hahahahahahaha - what's his strength compared to Hulk's?
Kitty Pryde - roll eyes (sarcastic) Vision couldn't but Kitty will? She'll become his new Gamora.
Meggan - What's she got?
Captain Britain(Brian W/Excalibur) - 'Kay, his magic sword is greater than Gungnir.
Forge - Hahahahaha
Storm - So she controls the storm. WHAT ABOUT IT? Ever heard of the God of Thunder?
Joseph(Magneto clone) - He can do what now that Surfer can't?
Cable(without virus) - See Joseph Stalin.
Warpath - Who? Drax the Destroyer ring any bell?
Wolverine(Adamantium Laced) - Hahahahaha - Thanos' new dog.
Bishop - Please, he's a Rook...ie compared to experience of Thanos' caliber
Archangel - ???Buffalo wings for Thanos' dinner. The feathers left over are used as a kinky sex for Thanos and his new woman Emma. evil face
Professor X - hahahahaha - he ain't entering Thanos' mind
Magma - Firelord would burn her.
Havok - Tyrant
Iceman - mutant Titan
Polaris - Thanos' second mistress
Chamber - Beyonder
Random - The Fallen One
Strong Guy - Hercules
Beast - Thing
Juggernaut - Thing, Hulk, Hercules, Masterson Thor or Hulk & Drax

Cain's gonna get slapped around like Drax and Hulk were.

Alpha Centauri
God Like Cable is their best hope besides Nate and Phoenix.

God Like Cable got battered by Surfer. Surfer gets schooled by Thanos.

Thanos will decorate his palace with their remains.

-AC

Beyonder
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

God Like Cable got battered by Surfer. Surfer gets schooled by Thanos.

Thanos will decorate his palace with their remains.
-AC

And the Circle Of Life continues...and it moves us all...

Alpha Centauri
Square of life.

-AC

kgkg
lol it's funny how forge is gonna make something.

lol Thanos is not an idiot , he can pimp slap all of them.

Thanos durability is God like. mebee after all the beams , punches he will sweat huh?

whobdamandog
Did Sentry start this as a Joke thread? Seriously now people...all of these peeps together would definately defeat Thanos...especially if they had prep time..

Victor Von Doom
God Like Cable isn't anything.

May as well say Mike Tyson is humans' best hope against Thanos, it's of no practical consequence.

Have to love the desperation though. Hmmm...the 'invent anything gene'. Maybe there's something in that.

DarkCrawler
Look at the first page then you will all the members of this team.

Looked it. Thanos wins. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sentry
Bump

Maestro
It's basically the X-men fighting an individual on the verge of being a skyfather, to put it on power terms.

Mainstream
poor Xmen

Zahit
here lies the x-men.......rip

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.