movie running length announced

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DARTH STEVIOUS
Hi here is the running time of ROTS

Star Wars: Episode III

Running time: 140 mins.

This is from the UCI Cinemas site this means its 2hrs and 20mins wow normally lucas running times are just under 2hrs

Red Superfly
Excellent.

I just get the feeling Lucas could have just made Episode III and just forgot about I and II altogether.

LandoSpeeder2
Very good news!

JC2004
AOTC ran for approx 137 mins so ita really no difference

eXSBass
Brilliant.

wallalupp
Originally posted by JC2004
AOTC ran for approx 137 mins so ita really no difference

yea, its just about the same time as AOTC and none of the movies was ever under 2 hours, ep IV is the shortest, and it's exactly 120 min

ccoo
In Star Wars Insider, Rick McCallum said the first cut of the movie, without credits, was 145 minutes. I wonder what scenes they took out from the original cut. Hopefully they didn't cut: showing Yoda landing and making his home on Dagobah, that was one rumor.

thejeditraitor
yeah i think that's gone.

Lord Tyrant
2:20:00 / Not Bad!

Sadako of Girth
Thats what I like to hear..... smile

EHmasterJedi
They probably keep the cry baby scenes like the ones in AOTC and take out scenes like the temple destruction LOL

JKozzy
A decent running time. Hope that too much wasn't cut out, though.

TheForceSupreme
I wish it was 4 hours long. cool

zhowcott
i dont knw bout u guys bashin the first 2 episodes, but i liked them. Every episode has its place, if gl made the first 2 episodes with non stop action it wld totally take away from episode 3. The first two were not only good stories but were building on the excitement that leads to the third. If gl jus startd from episode 3 it wld still be a good movie, but sumthin wld be missin that only the first 2 add to it

Imaginary
I thought it was 132 mins... oh well, in this case I'm happy I'm wrong...

JKozzy
Originally posted by zhowcott
i dont knw bout u guys bashin the first 2 episodes, but i liked them. Every episode has its place, if gl made the first 2 episodes with non stop action it wld totally take away from episode 3. The first two were not only good stories but were building on the excitement that leads to the third. If gl jus startd from episode 3 it wld still be a good movie, but sumthin wld be missin that only the first 2 add to it I agree. TPM may not have been what we expected, but I believe once the PT is finished, we'll appreciate the trilogy, and the saga, as a whole. Personally, I don't know what all the AOTC bashing is about. Yes, the script was a bit stale, but that's about it. messed

Ushgarak
This isn't a quality discussion thread. Info noted thanks... closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.