Thanos vs Dr Manhattan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
both have supreme intelligence, matter manipulation, transportation, total control over their body among other things.
1 hour prep.

King Burger
Dr.Manhatten, from the greatest comoc of all time, "Watchmen"?

Tough one.

Dr.Manhattan not only has molecular manipulation, but he is said
to be able to inflict nuclrear bomb-sclae attacks (he was said to
be able to easily destroy "large areas of Soviet territory instantly".

On the other hand, Silver Surfer could probably do the same thing,
and he is weaker than Thanos.

I say Thanos survives Dr.manhattan's best attacks, and responds
with a kill.

long pig
Lemme get rid of that prep, due to thanos with prep is just silly.

K3VIL
Dr. Manhattan is practically a god.He can do anything

Cosmo Kramer
Thanos wins this without blinking an eye.

demigawd
Dr. Man sounds like Molecule Man. If his power is the same AND he's not an idiot, Thanos is in trouble.

long pig
Dr Man is what MM wishes he could be, plus a lil more.
Add Doom level intelligence and you almost have Dr Man.

kgkg
Dr Manhattan:
-PhD in Atomic Physics
-complete control over matter,his own body's size, coloration and density.
-can create multiple copies of himself
-project energy rays
-create force fields,
-transmute and create matter
-teleport himself and others
-move objects(tele)
-reverse entropy locally

Despite all his power it is seem he is only capable of cities destruction.

Most of the stuff he does so can Thanos at a higher level.

and Thanos's durability and immortality is gonna get him a victory.

demigawd
Does he ever lose? How does Manhattan lose fights?

kgkg
and he can also see the future(can't do anything about it tho)

i don't think he has lost but he wasn't battle someone big (in power).

he was like a agent for the government to fight wars etc.

long pig
He loses for the same reason Thanos does, his ego.
Indeed thanos can do similar things.....but the most important things he cannot i.e multiply...and make himself different colors!
imagine 20 pink Dr. M's...oh be afriad....be very very afraid.

King Burger
Originally posted by demigawd

He didn't lose at the end. Just went away form earth.

Actually, I think he may have a chance afterall. He claimed to
have walked across the Sun. Also, as kgkg pointed out, he
can see across time. That's pretty heavy stuff.

Anyway. If Thanos wins, it'll be mostly because of his cast
experience.

manjaro
dr manhattan can do absolutley anything. he is basically god. not a god THE god. when he was on Mars he whipped up a giant fortress outta no where without even waving his hand or even concentrating it just materialzed beneath him. he turned air into water for that chick he used to be with and provided a breatheable atmosphere for her. he did all the stuff everyone else mentioned. then at the end he was thinking about life. then he said "maybe i should create some."

the cool thing about his time abilties is he's basically everywhere and no where all at once, he does everything and does nothing all at once. so he was explaining to the chick on Mars all the tings he had done (walk across the sun, exlpored every nook and cranny of Mars) and she was all baffled. probaly thinking that he didnt leave earth long enuff to accomplish all that.

the one thing i think is mondo cool tho was when he let his copy have sex with he while he was doing work in his lab that was ill.(cant believe i said mondo)

Molecule Man is nobody compared to this guy. MM only is in touch with all the molecules in the universe, and can manipulate them(only inorganic substances) making him somewhat omiscient, but Dr Man can create them ,make them appear outta no where, whatever you wanna call it

i mean, i know the wheels on the Thanos bandwagon is pretty greased, and Im ususally the one driving, or at least in the passenger seat, but thanos is completely out matched here. where talking about abstract entity, or IG Level power here with Dr Man.

kgkg
Originally posted by manjaro
abstract entity, or IG Level power here with Dr Man.

haha don't push it
the most he is capable of is country distruction(somewhere that range).

has never shown anything higher (if so than give refrence)

like i said he was a gov agent for US , it took him three month to win the vietnam war.

ya IG level huh?

manjaro
thats becuase thats the most major thing he has ever had to do. remember in that universe he is the only super powerd being, and after a while his ego set in and he was all like let man solve thier own problems. how can you look at a guy with al the power in the world and say that he can only destroy a country?

King Burger
Originally posted by manjaro
dr manhattan can do absolutley anything. he is basically god. not a god THE god. when he was on Mars he whipped up a giant fortress outta no where without even waving his hand or even concentrating it just materialzed beneath him. he turned air into water for that chick he used to be with and provided a breatheable atmosphere for her. he did all the stuff everyone else mentioned. then at the end he was thinking about life. then he said "maybe i should create some."

the cool thing about his time abilties is he's basically everywhere and no where all at once, he does everything and does nothing all at once. so he was explaining to the chick on Mars all the tings he had done (walk across the sun, exlpored every nook and cranny of Mars) and she was all baffled. probaly thinking that he didnt leave earth long enuff to accomplish all that.

the one thing i think is mondo cool tho was when he let his copy have sex with he while he was doing work in his lab that was ill.(cant believe i said mondo)

Molecule Man is nobody compared to this guy. MM only is in touch with all the molecules in the universe, and can manipulate them(only inorganic substances) making him somewhat omiscient, but Dr Man can create them ,make them appear outta no where, whatever you wanna call it

That's a tough one manjaro, since he was never shown to have
such unlimited powers in the comic series.

True he built that martian castle, and then liften it up to fly over
the planet, but I can't see how his molecular manipulation is
greater than, say, Silver Surfer.

Like him, Silver Surfer can also destroy large pasts of nations,
and he too can manipulate molecules (the comic series clearly
says that theoretically he can "at any time destroy large
arreas of Soviet territory instantly", not destroy all of the Soviet
Union).

And since Thanos is more powerful than Silver Surfer, one can
assume that he can probably beat Dr.Manhattan.

manjaro
i guess that makes sense. he didint have any other super beings to go up against so i guess his powers werent truly tested

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by demigawd

He's only in one comic series, Watchmen. The greatest comic ever written.

He is disintegrated at the end and reforms his body.

Victor Von Doom
As for the match: Dr Manhattan doesn't have unlimited power. He has great power. If you remember, it was stated he would be able to stop the majority of a nuclear strike. Obviously he has limits.

Not sure about the fight though. Seems like a certain deadlock.

King Burger
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
He's only in one comic series, Watchmen. The greatest comic ever written.

Even Victor Von Doom himself agrees that Watchmen is supreme.

Alpha Centauri
Of course.

There's not a comic writer alive that can match Alan Moore IMO.

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.