Buffy vs. John Constantine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Imperial_Samura
Two smiters of evil with no small amount of experience taking on, and out, the worst scum of the multiverse (an exaggeration maybe, but eh). A competition in two parts -

1st - The two must battle 100 assorted demons in an abandoned city. These are drawn from the twos respective universes (no higher end bad guys though). So who takes out the most?

2nd - A match in an abandoned city (with the demons gone it is really empty now). No outside help, 2 hours prep time no other rules. Which has the skill and fortitude to defeat the other?

Draco69
Buffy is a far better fighter than Constantine. He relies on his mind powers to win. I say Buffy would win the first round. (Doesn't the guy have cancer? He'd collapse) The second is iffy since Constaine has hypnotism. However Buffy was able to resist Dracula so she might be able to resist him.

eleveninches
Buffy has no super powers.
Constantine would totally kick her @ss and make her his b!tch

Draco69
I consider superstrength, durability and speed superpowers. Not to mention she has the Slayer Scythe.

eleveninches
wow. she has a big axe. constantine is far more powerful than her

ArekExcelsior2
Yeah, Buffy and the Charmed Ones both look normal, but they can go toe-to-toe with demons without breaking a sweat or a nail.

That having been said, Buffy's a VAMPIRE slayer. See how badly Angel and crew got humiliated by Jasmine and the demon that protected Jas/Cordy during the pregnancy. Constantine, on the other hand, is good with demons. That's his specialty. Constantine wins the first round.

The second round is harder. Buffy clearly has the edge on Constantine in terms of strength, weapons skill, etc. Constantine is no slouch, but he's just going to lose a war of attrition on that one unless he gets lucky. The question then becomes, Do Constantine's other magic powers come into play? If he can use them, 75/25 his way. Whatever one says about Buffy/Angel/Spike/et al, they ain't at all good with dealing with curses or magic. If he can't, 90/10 against him.

jplatinum
Sarah michelle gellar is so fine. Anyway, she would kill John in less than 5 minutes. She has peak human strength, speed, reflexes, and endurance. She has combat training and she has weapons.
He can see demons and has some little demons killing weapons.
He would get hit with one hard punch and the fight is over.

Buffy wins by K.O.

MERCILOUS
What a severe misinterpretation of John's powers. And it so obviously only takes the movie into account.

I'll remind everyone that John Constantine and not Doctor Fate is considered the "Arch-Mage." A title similar to "Sorcerer Supreme" in the MU.

jplatinum
Sorry mercilous, but I was going by the movie constantine versus the t.v. buffy, not by comics.
Maybe the comic constantine might win, maybe he still won't.
Who knows.

MERCILOUS
Oh ok, but comic's Hellblazer does take it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.