Graviton vs. Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Imperial_Samura
So it is that we have the Master of Gravity facing the Master of Magnetism. With no prep-time this battle takes place in a normal city. Which of the two ens up victorious?

who?-kid
This has been done already. I voted Graviton.

demigawd
Yeah, I think people exausted each other in the other Graviton vs. Mags thread. But you're welcome to contribute to that one.

Scoobless
whoever wins, the city is screwed

Adam_PoE
Magneto.

Khellendros
Magneto.

ArekExcelsior2
Magneto. EM's stronger. Just look at the applications:

-Cause things to disintegrate by taking apart their magnetic bonds, subverting the strong force
-Rail accelerate objects - all you need is two magnetic fields of equal weight to the object in question, and a third "carrier" field if the object isn't magnetic

illadelph12
Magneto.

Arek's reasons, and also the fact gravity is based on the polarity of graviton particles, which Magneto can manipulate as well. He could effectively shut off Graviton's powers by manipulating (well, negating) the polarities.

ArekExcelsior2
Assuming graviton particles exist (physicists are basically saying "They have to, but goddamit we can't find them"wink and that they have any relation to Magneto's powers. If so, then yeah, the battle gets pathetic real fast. "How about I make gravity repulsive? Fun, fun, fun. Your barrier just got inverted and is now crushing you."

Lethal_Rise
They control 2 out of 4 fundamental forces of the universe. They're both potentially unstoppable. I know you're prolly gonna say magneto, but my vote's on Graviton, b/c he's done feats that match magnetos. Magneto can't use any mental powers btw.

diabloman
Originally posted by Lethal_Rise
They control 2 out of 4 fundamental forces of the universe. They're both potentially unstoppable. I know you're prolly gonna say magneto, but my vote's on Graviton, b/c he's done feats that match magnetos. Magneto can't use any mental powers btw. magneto can use any metal powers at anytime pal

Lethal_Rise
I said mental, not metal

Templares
Im slightly leaning towards Graviton but if the Unified Field theory is true, both these guys are weilding the same basic force and a stalemate would probably ensue . . . . f*ck physics.

Lethal_Rise
I hate when writers use science in comic fiction to make characters stronger. Magneto's a powerful mutant, but graviton's powrs were an "accident". aren't mutants more powerful than mutates?

A.J
i just said this fight dam it

Lethal_Rise
you did? what did you name it? I swear I searched, nothing came up.

DigiMark007
Graviton has some higher-end feats. Magneto fights the X-Men. Graviton fights the Avengers and cosmics.

I'd go with him unless proven wrong.

Lethal_Rise
gravitons only weakness is that he's nuts. Magneto's mind is way more together (most of the time)

Tron
Originally posted by Lethal_Rise
I hate when writers use science in comic fiction to make characters stronger. Magneto's a powerful mutant, but graviton's powrs were an "accident". aren't mutants more powerful than mutates?

Ask Hulk that question. roll eyes (sarcastic)

who?-kid
I think that Graviton, when written right, is above Magneto. But Magneto seems to be more skilled with his powers than Graviton.

Lethal_Rise
well magnetos kinda crazy too. Smack two nuts together and they both crack. Graviton's probably stronger than magneto, he's just not as big of a threat. he's almost as cool as magneto IMO. At full potential, they could both be omega.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Templares
Im slightly leaning towards Graviton but if the Unified Field theory is true, both these guys are weilding the same basic force and a stalemate would probably ensue . . . . f*ck physics.

How do you figure? According to Unified Field Theory, gravity is the weakest force. An ordinary refrigerator magnet can generate enough force to lift a mass against the force of gravity generated by the entire planet.

Scoobless
whistling

Lord Paragon
This is one for the ages, a battle that would shatter the world and perhaps tear the fabric of reality. Who would stand as the greatest of all time?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Done. a Million times i think.

Rutog98
Graviton. Easily. He wields gravity with FAR greater power than Magneto does magnetism. Magneto's powers are nowhere near his.

2damnloud
laughing out loud@ this fight tearing a whole in the fabric of reality.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by 2damnloud
laughing out loud@ this fight tearing a whole in the fabric of reality.
in comics it would probably happen lol

Lord Paragon
Is this case really that shut and dry in gravitrons favor? I have much respect for him, but the experience factor is in favor of Magnus

Rutog98
Originally posted by Lord Paragon
Is this case really that shut and dry in gravitrons favor? I have much respect for him, but the experience factor is in favor of Magnus

Graviton is leaps and bounds ahead of Magneto. He has enough power to create blackholes easily (he bends light on a regular basis by manipulating gravitatinal forces- that's near a singularity right there). He has altered the the shape of the planet's surface to look like his face easily while simultaneously suspending cities in the air, if I remember correctly. He has force-fields, etc. Magneto is a joke in comparison. He can't even turn out the lights without articifical power pick-me-ups. laughing

Lord Paragon
Wow that was harsh toward a man who single handed shut off earths Electromagnetic field once and can also lift cities.....nay small moons into orbit and generate force fields, control the iron in your blood even!!!!!!

Rutog98
Wow that was harsh toward a man who single handed shut off earths Electromagnetic field once and can also lift cities.....nay small moons into orbit and generate force fields, control the iron in your blood even!!!!!!

Magneto has never without the aid of machines altered the geomagnetic fields to the extent you claim. Where has he lifted a city or a small moon? The force-field and iron in the blood trick are laughable in this fight. Graviton's force-fields nullifies the iron in the blood thing and the kinds of gravitational forces he can generate tears MAgneto's force-fields apart.

Lord Paragon
Originally posted by Rutog98
Magneto has never without the aid of machines altered the geomagnetic fields to the extent you claim. Where has he lifted a city or a small moon? The force-field and iron in the blood trick are laughable in this fight. Graviton's force-fields nullifies the iron in the blood thing and the kinds of gravitational forces he can generate tears MAgneto's force-fields apart.
How about the time that Magneto raised not only Avalon but Asteroid M before it. And the blood in the Iron trick is an example of the minute control that Magneto has mastered over the years. The machines that he uses are aides true but they are there to keep him from having to use full power. without them he would truly unleash and then what would Franklin Hall do?

Rutog98
How about the time that Magneto raised not only Avalon but Asteroid M before it. And the blood in the Iron trick is an example of the minute control that Magneto has mastered over the years. The machines that he uses are aides true but they are there to keep him from having to use full power. without them he would truly unleash and then what would Franklin Hall do?

Neither Avalon or Asteroid M are the size of one of Earth's cities. Give me a break. As far as the iron in the blood trick goes, it only works if he can get a magnetic hold on the iron. A force-field can block his magnetic waves. Heck, Graviton can bend Magneto's energies away from him by increasing the force of gravity. If he can bend light waves, he can bend Magneto's energies. This fight is a joke. Graviton is leaps and bounds ahead of him. You are arguing these small asteroids, etc while Graviton has reshaped the ENTIRE surface of the planet.

Lord Paragon
I am just playing devils advocate on behalf of Magneto, the master of magnetism. but I know the extent of Gravitrons power it is awesome but why is he sold so short in the Marvel Universe?

Tron
Been done.

Merging...

norrinradd43
Lensherr for the win...he is way more educated in how to use his powers

Erik-Lensherr
Magneto

lando005
magneto should win this but barely due to his greater experiance

TheHulk
/bump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.