Count Nefaria vs. Apocalypse vs. Graviton

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Imperial_Samura
Three powerhouses with different strength's and weaknesses. Which of the three is the ultimate though? Is is brawn enough to win, or will Brains help? (Hard considering all three are quiet smart)

demigawd
Graviton beats them both. But he'd have to play it smart, since he has human stats - if he drops his shields for a second, he's in A LOT of trouble.

Scoobless
actually he can increase his density and strength well into the class 100 range

demigawd
Yeah, but it's a conscious effort. It's not like putting on a Class 100 shirt. He has to maintain it. If his concentration is broken, or he's overly strained, it could give. And if it gives for a second, and he gets nailed...that's it for him.

Scoobless
actually graviton has shown before that when he puts his powers into effect he can maintain them even while sleeping..... it would take little or no real concentration

demigawd
Perhaps I'm confusing this with another storyline, but during the Thunderbolts, while he was getting pounded on, weren't there people to whom he granted flight who lost it, and the island he was supporting started to lose altitude, etc.?

Gravy would be fighting two fairly heavy hitters. It's a toughy.

Not that we disagree, of course...I think we're both voting for Graviton.

Scoobless
i dunno....... Nefaria is a major league Badass....... the sky island story was before Graviton trained himself to use his powers more effectively but in that one the island stayed aloft while he slept..... in T-Bolts 56-58 he find the Redeemers (while looking for the T-Bolts as they are in their old base) and shows an entirely new level of control of his abilities, he holds all the heroes he doesn't want interfering in midair and hold all the worlds major cities up as well (to protect them)...... and at the same time he slaughters the Redeemers...... he is eventually beaten (obviously) by the Bolts as he hadn't incapacitated them (because he wanted to kill them while showing his superiority to them) they blindsided him while he was reshaping the entire planet into an image of himself....... basically if he hadn't forgot about them and let them get that close he would have won easily

Scoobless
but if he is killed the things he has affected will return to normal

demigawd
What about knocked out?

Scoobless
i've never seen him get knocked out so i don't know...... i assume it'd be the same as when he sleeps and things would still float as the power source is still alive

demigawd
*shrug* ok. So how does Nefaria win?

neowizard2005
hi can someone please help me i am having one hell of a time here!

tomcat

Scoobless
Nefaria may be able to win through sheer power....... he outclasses all other earthbound class 100 guys in terms of strength and invulnerability, he's got some kind of eye beam and can fly at fantastic speed..... i don't know if Graviton's shield has a limit to the amount of force it can stop, but if it does then Nefaria is the guy to get through it

Scoobless
Originally posted by neowizard2005
hi can someone please help me i am having one hell of a time here!

what do you want to know?

demigawd
Has it ever been cracked? Don't recall an instance of that happening.

Scoobless
i don't think it can be "cracked" as such...... but maybe with enough force Nefaria could "push" his way through it....... like extremely thick air.......... but then again i don't claim to be the "board scientist" ........ lol....... jk............. i'm just the theory guy

demigawd
hahaha. I didn't think people paid attention to that. With enough force, you can overwhelm gravity control, but ONLY if it's at a macro level. If Graviton has shown gravitic power at a cellular level, then Nefaria is pretty much helpless.

Scoobless
i don't know about cellular level........i think the smallest thing i've seen him manipulate was sand....... levitated a bunch of sand and molded it into the shape of the earth then into his own face........ then he went to do the real thing

Scoobless
apart from on himself...... he increases the density of his own molecules....... so i suppose he can do it

demigawd
Hmm...increasing the density of your own molecules is a vague statement. You should read the discussion I'm having with Ill for more info about that. it doesn't necessarily suggest microgravitic control. See, what makes Magneto so formidable is that his EM energy control is so minute that he's able to destabilize the EM charge between atoms. Graviton hasn't really shown that micro a level of control. My guess is because, like his name implies, he actually controls gravitons, and not gravitic energy. And if that's true, then he's limited to controlling gravity fields, and not cellular bonds.

And if THAT'S true, then it becomes a force on force debate between Gravy and Nefaria.

Scoobless
yeah that probably sounds about right....... but i haven't read all his appearances....... what would he have to have done to fit the other catagory?

demigawd
Which other category?

Scoobless
the gravitic energy control as opposed to the graviton control

demigawd
Oh, ok. He'd have to exert some degree of molecular/atomic influence. Remember gravity governs things at a macro level, such as planets and stars and stuff like that. But it also governs things at a micro level, along with EM force, strong and weak force. If Gravy has never done any atom splitting (a very useful power to have), you have to assume that his power his in the second category.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.