Multiple Man vs. Spider-man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonderman
bunny Spider-man goes toe to toe with overwheamling odds. pile

DarkDethbringer
I'd say spider-man but it is pretty even except that if Spidey kill's or severally damages one,the real will feel.

Scoobless
web most of them up and punch away until he can't create any more and then smack them around some more

Wonderman
Scoobless, good one. Fill the space in the web and hes done for

ragesRemorse
Is multiple man really that much of use alone, when facing an opponent with super human strength, and superhuman everything else?

Scoobless
he has an upper limit to how many he can create doesn't he? in AOA he was forced to make too many and became a vegetable.... spidey can fight 100 average guys

Draco69
Multiple Man can make more than a hundred. The clones have their own individual minds. The clones can replicate themselves as well. One clone trained as a Marine while another studied magic. The applications are limitless. Spider-Man cannot take them all. Eventually he would be pinned.

Scoobless
ok, but during a fight the only hope they have is pinning him down, if he knows his enemy he wont get into a position where any can grab him....... i still think Spidey can take him/them

Draco69
It would be endless. One clone would turn to four. Four would turn to sixteen. Etc. The clones would just keep coming. Spidey would be completely overwhelmed. That's why he's called multiple man.

Blair Wind
im sory but as great as Spidy is there is no way that he can take on this many people at the same time.....just no way.... even if he webbed them up the impact of that would cuase him to multiply....and if he just made a dome of web mm would just hit himself and create enough clones to break through....the only advantage that spidy has is areial moves. and i doubt that would do....

Scoobless
if he kept multiplying while webbed to try and break free then some of his guys would get crushed to death..... it takes a LOT of pressure like that to break the webbing, if he contained the first one or two he could reinforce the webbing so they couldn't break free....
he could stick to sides of buildings and swing stuff at them ie: a mailbox....... yes it would create more, it'd also hurt and force MM to his limit sooner....... the multiple men aren't anything special indevidualy, they can be incapacitated easily enough..... just have to keep webbing and knocking them out

Draco69
The multiple men are individuals themselves. Read the Madrox comic. The original is going around the world tracking his escaped clones. One clone is a doctor. Another is a army trainee. Another is a murderer. The clones can replicate themselves now.

One clone = Four clones = 16 clones = 256 clones = 65336 clones = etc.

The only limit Multiple Man/Men have is kinetic energy. Unless the laws of physics flip themselves Multiple Man will reproduce himself like a dozen rabbits connected to the Speed Force.

stormfront13
well the more spidey hits the more clones there are right?? doesn't he replicate using kinetic energy?? if he does then everytime someoe gets hit they multiply

K3VIL
I can imagine the fight:
MM: Mr. Parker.Surprised to see me?
Spider-Man:What the?How can you known my secret identity?

MM: I killed you, Mr. Parker. I watched you die... with a certain satisfaction, I might add. Then something happened. something that I knew was impossible, but it happened anyway. You destroyed me, Mr. Anderson. After that, I understood the rules, I knew what I was supposed to do, but I didn't. I couldn't. I was compelled to stay, compelled to disobey. And now, here I stand because of you, Mr. Anderson. Because of you, I'm no longer a member of the X-Men. Because of you, I've changed. I'm unplugged. A new man, so to speak. Like you, apparently, free.

Spider-Man: Are you high?

MM: But, as you well know, appearances can be deceiving, which brings me back to the reason why we're here. We're not here because we're free. We're here because we're not free. There is no escaping reason; no denying purpose. Because as we both know, without purpose, we would not exist.

Spider-Man: So what the hell is the point?

whobdamandog
Interesting history on Multiple Man...at one point in X factor all one had to do to defeat him was knock out the original Madrox, and all the dupes would then disappear. Marvel must of decided to give Madrox a bit of a power upgrade..

ragesRemorse
Is it just me or does everyone forget spidermans abilities? the multi men would be hardpressed catching spiderman with his acrobatics and jumping abilities. Yeah, we all know that multiple man splits when attacked by physical kenetic energy. If a car crushes him though, he cannot multiply when he is dead. Multiple man is only average strength aswell as his clones. what the hell would they do to spiderman when pinning him down...suffocate him? even after getting pinned, spidey isnt going to stay pinned for very long trust me on that one. Spidey has superhuman strength AND endurance. the only advantage mulitple man has is that spidey needs about 5 seconds to reload his web cartridges.

long pig
it'd take close to 2,000 MM's to match spidey strength right? seriously, my math is horrid, im just saying.

average human is 200lb bench.
how many humans to match 10 tons?

even tho it'd be possible to make that many (someone add that up..lol my deslexia makes math impossible) I think Spiderman could just swipe the first 16 and kill em quickly.
draco, you're right about MM's clones ability to learn to things then reabsorb back into JM and thus JM remembers it.
But nothing he has learned so far is any use against spidey, not to mention he HATES to re-absorb them.
MM is best suited to do what he is doing now, solving normal crimes, not fighting super-powerd foes.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by long pig
it'd take close to 2,000 MM's to match spidey strength right? seriously, my math is horrid, im just saying.

average human is 200lb bench.
how many humans to match 10 tons?

even tho it'd be possible to make that many (someone add that up..lol my deslexia makes math impossible) I think Spiderman could just swipe the first 16 and kill em quickly.
draco, you're right about MM's clones ability to learn to things then reabsorb back into JM and thus JM remembers it.
But nothing he has learned so far is any use against spidey, not to mention he HATES to re-absorb them.
MM is best suited to do what he is doing now, solving normal crimes, not fighting super-powerd foes.

So are these 2000 multiple men going to be able to hit spiderman all at once? even if they were able to make a square cirlce and do that, it is just evening out the odds in strength. they still cannot basically fly through the air as spiderman does. They do not have the endurance that spiderman does. they also cannot throw at spiderman what spiderman can and will throw at multiple man. I'm not arguing with you, just agreeing with your post.

BENITO
His spider-sense will help him but if he can get them to bump into each other all the better.

radioboy121
Considering he remained relatively unhurt by a direct hit from a speeding Cannonball, Multiple Man can take a hit from Spiderman. If the webbing comes in the picture, any air pockets can allow him to reunite with a free dupe, or create one outside of the web. Spiderman will be hard to catch, but once one of the dupes eventually catches him, dogpile!

LordFear
MM has really no chance of survival because SM has a foe he faces on a regular who is similar and that is Mysterio. As a matter of fact I would rather MM to be in a fight against me than Mysterio because with Mysterio you are dealing with an entire environmental change. Mysterio can alter the surroundings to any VR world of his choosing.
MM is at a disadvantage because when Parker closes his eyes and really focuses on his spider senses,it is able to guide him precisely to whatever it is he is looking for. It acts as a precise radar,which he learned to harnass through Madame Web's teaching. So SM can just block out his senses and focus among the duplicates and find the real MM and knock him out!!!

radioboy121
How does Spiderman find out who is the real one? X-Factor failed to distinguish two Jaime Madrox near the beginning of 2nd gen. X-Factor, while running various test. They are perfect dupes and are different base on the memories they have once separated. There is no irregular heartbeat or defect (though when a dupe had the legacy virus, during his latest stage the dupes did not have faces).

LordFear
It's like you asking me how do spider senses work???
How the hell should I know, but I do know that they work and they get the job done!!
Same difference here. I can't tell you biologically how it's gonna or has worked, but SM has done this on several occasions and his senses have carried him over.
I furthermore made sure to specifically mention nothing of MM's heartbeat and the likes because I knew that they weren't a factor and that SM's spidey senses are NOT like DDs, which is where you seem to be going with that question.

radioboy121
If he couldn't distinguish a fake She-Hulk, he's not going to find the original Multiple Man.

who?-kid
Originally posted by radioboy121
If he couldn't distinguish a fake She-Hulk, he's not going to find the original Multiple Man.
There was no reason to suspect She-Hulk, though I admit it's one of those times the writers screwed up: his spider-sense should have warned him.

LordFear
Exactly who kid. That specific occurence is an anomoly when reviewing all of SM's previous feats and what his senses have done for him in the past. That was a legitimate screw up and shouldn't have happened. This is an exact example of how certain writers have their own agendas at heart and are often not true to the character in their story arc.

radioboy121
Spiderman's senses did warn him there was something wrong, but he couldn't figure it out while he was accompanied by the imposter. Mysterio cast illusions that almost seem real, but Multiple Man dupes are virtually indistinguishable.

Scoobless
Originally posted by LordFear
MM is at a disadvantage because when Parker closes his eyes and really focuses on his spider senses,it is able to guide him precisely to whatever it is he is looking for. It acts as a precise radar,which he learned to harnass through Madame Web's teaching. So SM can just block out his senses and focus among the duplicates and find the real MM and knock him out!!!

this only works with illusions and holograms...... when there are actual physical people around him trying to hurt him it'll react the same to every one of them...... it wont point him to the original madrox...... even if it did (which it wont) would knocking out the original help? i think killing him would but if he's only unconscious wont the duplicates still be there?

LordFear
No because (well as much as I understand from Xbooks read) he needs to have conscious control of what he is doing. Before if you bumped him he would multiply but over the years, Xavier showed him how to master his duplication consciously.

radioboy121
Before, knocking out the original was suppose to fade out the dupes, but sites mentioned he's gotten many power boost, so I'm not sure currently if this still applies.

Draco69
The duplicates are genetically the same as the original. Even Reed Richards, and Beast with all their science could not tell which clone was the original. Psychic scans yielded the same results (i.e. Professor Xavier). If THEY cannot tell which is the original (and the original himself isn't even sure) no way in hell can Spider-Man can.

Even if the original is knocked unconscious the clones still function. That's why Madrox is going around the world meeting with his rogue clones.

MM takes this.

Swanky-Tuna
But what if he just webs up the first one?

Draco69
Which first one? Spidey doesn't know. MM himself doesn't know. All he has do is snap his fingers and four appear out of nowhere. 4=16=256...

LordFear
Wait to my understanding he does tire after duplicating several times. As long as SM keeps beating them up (which shouldn't be a problem, Parker can be quit creative) MM will eventually tire out and as well as his clones, they aren't impervious to fatigue.

Draco69
Not anymore. He has thousand duplicates all around the world. The clones can duplicate as well.

1 clone = four clones = 16 clones = ....

MM can literally reproduce forever.

LordFear
So clearly the guy must have weakness,
I am sure of it.
IF I have to do research on it, I WILL!!
No way can this guy be unstoppable.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Draco69
Which first one? Spidey doesn't know. MM himself doesn't know. All he has do is snap his fingers and four appear out of nowhere. 4=16=256... Well, this is assuming MM is starting the battle as one.

I wonder if he webbed one around the leg or arm and they multiplied, would all the clones get their limbs ripped off and die from hemorrhaging?

DarkCrawler
So MM can populate an planet?

Draco69
Don't know. There are lot of Madroxes out there. It would be a pretty boring planet.

who?-kid
Not anymore. He has thousand duplicates all around the world. The clones can duplicate as well.

1 clone = four clones = 16 clones = ....

MM can literally reproduce forever.
You're giving MM too much credit.

You do realize MM has some sort of telepathic connection with his duplicates ? If this is a fight to the death, and SM kills the first duplicate with only one punch, Jamie will be affected ! He probably will faint or so.

Short fight if you ask me.

Scoobless
Don't know. There are lot of Madroxes out there. It would be a pretty boring planet.

it would end up like Rimmer World.......... anyone know what i'm talking about?

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Scoobless
it would end up like Rimmer World.......... anyone know what i'm talking about? Boy, that was a creepy and disguisting planet.

DarkCrawler
"Ok, so who is the president."

"I guess the orginal is."

"So it is me."

"No, aren't you number 1562734?"

"Nah, I think he is No. 1738256."

"Im 1738256."

"Then who is that guy?"

"I think I am No. 190264."

"You can't, I am 190263 and that guy standing next to me is 190264."

"Quiet, you idiots. I am the orginal."

"No...you are not I am the orginal."

"Oh, you are not, I am."

"I am!"

"I AM!"

"YOU ARE!"

"You...wait, who are you again?"

"No. 1."

"But...ok, lets make some little tags to identify ourselves."

"Yeah...how many are us again?"

"Im not counting."

radioboy121
Originally posted by LordFear
So clearly the guy must have weakness,
I am sure of it.
IF I have to do research on it, I WILL!!
No way can this guy be unstoppable.

When he was with X-Corps, the more dupes he had, the more susceptible he was to telepathic penetration and control. This applied when Mastermind's daughter took control of part of the dupes in destroying Paris.

I haven't read the Madrox series, so I'm not sure how susceptible he is now.

He does sense them to a certain degree, but not a completely direct connection. He's had many dupes get killed or injured (i.e. 1st appearance as an X-Factor member, one was assassinated) without it affecting the original.

Piedmon
It would largely depend on Spidey moving fast enough. If the battle starts with, say, ten Madroxes against Spidey, Parker could feasably knock them out in the space of a few eyeblinks, well before they could begin the multiplication process.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.