Shin Akuma vs. Dark Ryu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wolf biologist
I have always wondered who would win between these two strong warriors. They have a past history together and are sworn enemies. Arguably the 2 strongest characters in any street fighter game dark ryu brings out the best fighter in ryu and shin akuma brings out akuma's max potential. So who would win between these two amazing characters. Oh yeah, imagine they were real so shin akuma wouldn't get the disadvantage with him taking more damage like in the game. Also can someone name each of their strongest moves.

ArekExcelsior2
Oh, come on. It's both just Super Hadokens and Shoryukens. I don't care what they name them.

All of em can beat Red Arremer on occasion (though I still think that Firebrand got screwed by SvC Chaos). I personally think Akuma can just handle his evil side a lot more than Ryu, so he wins a control-based battle.

wolf biologist
Arekexcelsior2 come on it is not just super Hadokens and Shoryukens but much more. ex. like the raging demon attack. WHo is this red areemer fellow? And I don't think it really matters who can control their dark side more but what the max power of both their dark sides is. But nun the less I agree with you that shin akuma will beat ryu but it will be very close and can probably go either way. I just want to know other people's thought's about this fight.

ArekExcelsior2
Firebrand, Gargoyle's Quest/Demon's Crest, probably one of the ten coolest video game characters of all time.

I'd like to see why no control matters. To use ki, particularly to make explosive doom balls ala Hadoken, requires more than just innate lifeforce and talent, it requires martial training and focus. That means that you can only go so far if you don't have control. Ryu's typically a good guy: Though he can tap into his dark side, I still think that his reduced affinity with it makes a pretty even match go Akuma's way.

wolf biologist
I don't mean no control what so ever but no control over their dark sides. They can still use their ki whenever they want but in their dark sides they can use thier max potentials.

ArekExcelsior2
This is like comparing old Hulk to new Hulk. Both have incredible power conferred by rage/transformation/tapping into a dark side, yet the new Hulk is undoubtedly a far better fighter because he also has the benefit of rationality.

wolf biologist
So true but the question was who would win shin akuma or dark ryu and what is their strongest moves?

wolf biologist
Also do you think that regular ryu and ken could beet shin akuma?

Kento
Akuma would win, and second question. No.

wolf biologist
Ok but what is dark ryu's and shin akuma's strongest moves?

Kento
Aren't they just Hadoukens?

Tron
Moving

Ketchuptome
How come no one has sig.Excect me and Tron???
Any ways Akuma.Raging Demon or that earthquake punch can both kill Ryu

wolf biologist
I get what you are saying Ketchuptome but you can't rely on a one hit KO. And doesn't dark ryu have the raging demon attack too?

wolf biologist
And doesnt' akuma have 4 different fireballs. Also how many street fighter games are there for Super Nintendo?

Ketchuptome
I dunno..I still got my SNES though embarrasment
But Evil Ryu is temporally.Even if E.Ryu would survive it the dark hadou would go away giving Akuma the chance..And Shin Akuma is Akuma when he defeated Orochi or Rugal i think...Thats preety strong.E.Ryu could not take out Orochi or Rugal indivuail

wolf biologist
Is orochi just another name for oro? And if akuma got really mad and went in shin akuma mode and ryu got really mad and went into evil ryu mode wouldn't the winner probably be the person who 1st pulls off the raging demon attack?

Ketchuptome
That'll be Akuma my friend..

wolf biologist
Yeah right ketchup! If akuma was your friend you would rule the world. All the street fighters rock except cammy since she has no special moves. What is the difference between SNK characters and SF characters?

AdventChild
Dark ryu....noting much....controls maybe...?

wolf biologist
Are you serious Advent child? Akuma would wipe the floor with Dark Ryu the question would be who is the greatest street fighter of all time?

Ketchuptome
Akuma.Uhhh i dunno.Theres alot.But Akuma,Bison,Gill, and others are really strong.
Voilent Ken has a chance 2.

wolf biologist
Yeah if I had to pick the top 3 I would pick Akuma, Gill, and Ryu. But in the sense of akuma vs. ryu HOW CAN PEOPLE NOT SEE THAT AKUMA WOULD BEAT RYU TO A BLOODY PULP THEM PISS IN HIS FACE?

Ketchuptome
I agree.By himself Evil Ryu COULD NOT defeat Akuma.
No way...Akuma has to do is Ragin' Demon,Messatu Hadoken and that hurricane kick 2 kill Evil Ryu..

wolf biologist
Yeah it would be kind of easy for akuma to beat ryu. But what about violent ken and dark ryu against shin akuma?

Ketchuptome
Hmmm.Akuma still.Violent Ken is just Ken posoesd by Bison.So all akuma has to do is break the connection.evil Ryu didnt even master dark hadou.So he is at a major disadavantage.

But i coulb be wrong.If they work together.MAYBE.But since Evil ryu only wants 2 kill i doudt they'll team up.

wolf biologist
Yeah true I noticed your little symbol of Adon. Did he get killed by Akuma or is that unknown.

Ketchuptome
I dunno..I just think Adon looks kool...But he couldnt beat Akuma in his life.Adon did beat sagat though..

Ohh i heard Akuma broke a mountain or a submarine wit one punch.Thats pretty strong..

wolf biologist
Yeah that is true about Akuma and he did beat saget to become the god of muay tie.

Ketchuptome
Yep.
When u beat Gill in 3rd strike wit Akuma
u see a cutscene where he chops a submarine in half.

Ketchuptome
Any 1 herre

wolf biologist
Sweet well anyway we have to think of a better match for shin akuma other then dark ryu.hmmmmmmmm. How about 4 violent ken's vs. shin akuma.

Ketchuptome
Nope...Uhhhh Blood Iori vs Akuma

wolf biologist
Yeah that would be a very good match but one thing I don't like about the games is that they make Akuma and Shin Akuma the strongest fighters in games (except maybe maybe maybe for gill) but their stamina sucks so bad. If someone challenges me with Akuma and I use Akuma then I always kick their butts I use his air fireballs, super fireballs, super uppercuts, and Raging demon. IS that the strongest attack in any street fighter game? And who's raging demon is stronger? Dark Ryu's or Shin Akuma's? I think Shin Akuma's because I know it does 33 hits but I don't know about ryu's.

Ketchuptome
Yeah.Akumas health is kinda lackin'In the game Ragin' demon did 60 hits.Pretty strong

wolf biologist
Raging demon is confirmed it is the strongest attack in a street fighter game.

Ketchuptome
Yep

SaTsuJiN
its also the most easily countered move.. noone does it in a tournament unless they feel like losing

Ketchuptome
It maybe..But if successfully done it takes 2/3 of the oppenets life..

SaTsuJiN
lol.. people who play for money wont allow a successful RD.. you could even jump backwards and roundhouse kick him to be on the extra safe side... (if your jab timing is a little edgy)

Ketchuptome
Okay....Im outta comebacks sad

ShinakumA161
gentlemen, gentlemen, Shin Akuma would easily win the fight because of the sheer fact that Evil Ryu cannot totally controll his powers. Shin Akuma's Shun Goku Satsu (or 'instant demon murder') does about 15% more damage than evil ryu's pathetic atempt at it. I do achnolege that evil ryu does have more potential, but at the time of street fighter alpha 3, ryu would technically be no match.

Ketchuptome
yep

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by ShinakumA161
gentlemen, gentlemen, Shin Akuma would easily win the fight because of the sheer fact that Evil Ryu cannot totally controll his powers. Shin Akuma's Shun Goku Satsu (or 'instant demon murder') does about 15% more damage than evil ryu's pathetic atempt at it. I do achnolege that evil ryu does have more potential, but at the time of street fighter alpha 3, ryu would technically be no match.
you obviously havent been to any tourneys no

Ketchuptome
Oooooo!!!

ShinakumA161
true i havent been to any tournaments.....im just basing it on the story. I would really like to attend a tournament though, where is one?

SaTsuJiN
Oh, anime.. thats always very different.. capcom needs to revamp their character bios in that retrospect.. then again I guess the lack of information leads to speculation, which ultimately keeps interest in the series.. still I think even the anime ryu kicked the crap out of that psycho dude who stole other fighters' dna

as for any SF tourneys.. probably check out www.shoryuken.com if you're interested..

Shiraaz
ketchup if akuma is your friend wouldnt he kill you anyway?

Hoshi
in truth capcom already said that a akumas dark hado cant be matched by anyone , even the dark hado of ryu .But the "light hado"that ryu has can easily surpass anything that comes from gouki

Darkstorm Zero
Ok, I just want to add my two cents while I explain some stuff

From a complete videogame perspective, Shin Akuma would win without discussion. Why? for a number of reasons.

Firstly, he is without compare in the speed department, not even characters like Cammy can compete with his speed.

Secondly, he has no startup/recovery times on his moves, leading to unparralelled combo ability, even with his supers.

Thirdly, with the boss version at least, he has as much durability as Zangeif, making him able to take as much punishment per hit as the most durable character in the games.

Fourth, he cannot be dizzied, which eliminates Redizzy combos and eliminates the only chance E.Ryu has of landing a hit with the Raging Demon.

Fifth, Shin Akuma's Demon can and usually does catch opponents before thy can jump, especially when in close, simply because it moves twice as fast, and has considerably higher priority that regular Akuma's version.

Now speaking from a more realistic point of view, I still think Shin Akuma would win, since Akuma has had far more time to train, perfect, and apply his skills, this in turn means that Akuma has had far more experience against more varied opponents than Ryu has, plus he retains control over the Dark Hadou, whereas ryu tends to become a salivating rampaging monster when under the power of the dark hadou.

Winner: Shin Akuma, simply more powerful in every way when compared to Evil Ryu.

jnoog89
hi im new here but all i got to say is what about that mesgoi(where shin akuma flys in the air and comes down with high speed and chops ya in the neck) that move let alone will destroy evil ryu

Freaky Zeeky
Originally posted by Shiraaz
ketchup if akuma is your friend wouldnt he kill you anyway?

What the f**k?

CorderaMitchell
Nah and he has HORRIBLE DEFENSE, and ryu is a solid character for comback moves. regardless shin akuma and Dark Ryu akuma were matched in the alpha 3 days, I still do a team 3v1 Akuma vs Dark Ryu max diff and souped up from world tour and still win. In Cap vs. SNK 2 Ryu could be used more effectively,due to the aforementioned defense, although I loooooove playing with both characters.

Darkstorm Zero
Thats fiddly though, Shin Akuma may have horrid life expectancy hit for hit compared to every other character in the games, but all of his movements are geared towards overwhelming and crushing opponents outright, plus all of his moves still do double damage.

Oh and someone asked for the strongest moves for each character?

Shin Akuma: #1: Misogi
#2: kongou Kokoretsu Zan (Akuma's second lvl 3 move in SF3 3rd strike)
#3: Shun Goku Satsu (33 hit variant from CvS 2)

Evil Ryu: #1: Shun Gku Satsu
#2: Messatsu Gou Shoryu
#3: Denjin Hadouken (CvS variant auto redizzy on hit)

CorderaMitchell
Oh absolutely, Shin Akuma is the best char in these games if you have quick fingers and aren't afraid to get hit.

Darkstorm Zero
oh on't get me wrong, Shin Akuma is still a challenge to play with, However, I firmly know that because he is simply geared towards avoiding hits and dishing them out rapidly and safely, he can overwhelm even the best players when used appropriately.

CorderaMitchell
yeah when you die with to hits it becomes apparent.

I actually play with him the most now.

SaTsuJiN
regular akuma and evil ryu would be matched.. but I think you'd need a higher degree of evil ryu to battle shin akuma... then again that stupid shin-shoryuken takes a whopping chunk out of any contestants life bar.. @_@

CorderaMitchell
like the misogi, regardless, Uncontrolled raw power (Ryu), is stronger than controlled power (Akuma), however, power w/o control is nothing, so anyway normal akuma is probably slightly under evil ryu, and don't hate on that shin shoryuken, its awesome and hardly cheap.

SaTsuJiN
I never said it was cheap.. and I only hate the other versions of it.. its only good in street fighter 3

CorderaMitchell
alpha 3's version was terrible, though snk's version was good, and MvC's was acceptable, all have short range and do terrific damage, except for alpha, though I'm not sure of SNKvsCap chaos, since i haven't played it yet isn't it for all consoles?

SaTsuJiN
as far as I know svc chaos is xbox only atm

lol its 15 dollars http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/241718.asp

CorderaMitchell
sorry i have a ps2

LionSycthe
Hey everybody

I hate to be an @$$h0LE, but I have played street fighter with some of the best since SF1 and mainly the faster II series

and I must say that I eat Shin Akuma for breakfeast every time with....

GEN in the alpha 2 and 3

he throws fireball i use his my jump kick super lvl1 and take a 1/4 of his life

and worst of all the cheap SH!t3 that he does, walk up shoryuken or throw.... i cross him up in crane style with that vicious medium kick

and every move akuma has i can counter... i just wish gen was in every game.... and yun and yang don't count(they are useful though)

CorderaMitchell
cool I pesonally like to own three of them in team battle souped up vs. 1 norml evil ryu.

in the alpha series, shin akuma had better specials, ryu had perhaps the best sc inthe game.

on the snk series. akuma had everything but defense and ryu had many unique moves.

LionSycthe
go to sonichurricane dot com and go to this directory media/cvs2xtra02.html

LionSycthe
for some wicked gurad breaking combos for e.ryu in cvs2

LionSycthe
guard breaking*

LionSycthe
check out the second to last one on the media page, well made video with stuff i bet you have never seen done!!!!!!

CorderaMitchell
maybe well lets see.

SaTsuJiN
I love cap vs snk (or snk vs cap) crossovers.. they're so grounded and hardcore.. I'm not really a fan of the super jumping like mvc2.. unless its guilty gear of course o_O

unknownrocker
I say Ryu wins, but I like Akuma Better 'cause I like normal ryu better.

CorderaMitchell
yea everyone knows mvc2 is just a button masher all though i have it i would never use it in a tourney, or soul calibur for that matter.

Thats what i love about Cvs2 and Alpha 3, TECHNIQUE, button mashing gurantees nothing, you need skill, precision, and most importantly timing to prevail.

dvampire
Ryu would lose, because Akuma haves much more control over his power then ryu does.

dvampire
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
yea everyone knows mvc2 is just a button masher all though i have it i would never use it in a tourney, or soul calibur for that matter.

Thats what i love about Cvs2 and Alpha 3, TECHNIQUE, button mashing gurantees nothing, you need skill, precision, and most importantly timing to prevail.

MVC2 is a good game, trust me if you put more time into it you would love it. My best team in this game is Ryu (hes pretty much blanced in every game, but the reason why I like him is beacuse of his very good dash, hes my favorite), Ken (ken is lacking with distance attacks, but he make up with his air Tatsumaki senukyaku that does as much as a supermove), and Guile (hes a powerhouse in this game).

I know how to play with every character but that's the team I perfer when it's time to get serious. big grin

CorderaMitchell
Know I love the game very much I just know a team of Iron Man, Gambit,and Iceman own everything, I had no problem mastering it and beating people init.

Hooverman
i used 2 use hulk mega man and son son but then i realized that there were way better teams than that

CorderaMitchell
YOU mean way cheaper teams right, although I could still own with the dream capcom team
Ryu, Ken,Akuma

Hooverman
wat do u mean

CorderaMitchell
I just liked playing with them and beat most people

until my cousin was cheap with gambit

I had to use the 3 juggernaut ultimate death tech.

SaTsuJiN
I use Hayato , Cyclops and Psylocke o_O... I hadnt played for a while.. popped 50 cents in and got challenged by some korean.. I took out 2 players, and his 3rd was at 5% life when I was defeated.. those air combos are too fast >_<

dvampire
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I use Hayato , Cyclops and Psylocke o_O... I hadnt played for a while.. popped 50 cents in and got challenged by some korean.. I took out 2 players, and his 3rd was at 5% life when I was defeated.. those air combos are too fast >_<

What characters did he have, because that's a good team you got. smile

CorderaMitchell
yea air combos=button masher heaven

Darkstorm Zero
Thrue, the MvC series was a scrubs wet dream come true.

Speaking of the MvC series, I owned all those ones on my home consoles. I have to say that my 2 favourite charactes out of the whole series would be Cyber Akuma (Not for his cheesy assed looks, but he is damn near godlike in playability and cheapness) and Onslaught (Simply undefatable when in a players hands)

Now, Cyber Akuma is essentially an uber version of Shin Akuma, even more speed, more power, and even better startup and recovery times than Shin Akuma ever had. I could pull out absolutely unbeleavable combos, like this (S.Jab High Mega Gou Beam(His beam super)) A combo like that easily obliterates half a lifebar.

Cyber Akuma is so cheap, I can't help but laugh at my younger bro's pitful attempts to defeat him stick out tongue angel

dvampire
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Thrue, the MvC series was a scrubs wet dream come true.

Speaking of the MvC series, I owned all those ones on my home consoles. I have to say that my 2 favourite charactes out of the whole series would be Cyber Akuma (Not for his cheesy assed looks, but he is damn near godlike in playability and cheapness) and Onslaught (Simply undefatable when in a players hands)

Now, Cyber Akuma is essentially an uber version of Shin Akuma, even more speed, more power, and even better startup and recovery times than Shin Akuma ever had. I could pull out absolutely unbeleavable combos, like this (S.Jab High Mega Gou Beam(His beam super)) A combo like that easily obliterates half a lifebar.

Cyber Akuma is so cheap, I can't help but laugh at my younger bro's pitful attempts to defeat him stick out tongue angel

I don't consider Cyber Akuma a real character especially sense he sold out to Apocolips to use that machine to make him stronger, (Akuma would never do something like that it's not in his character). Welcome to the KMC. smile

Darkstorm Zero
Neither do I, but he's sure fun to kill others with big grin

And thanks for the welcome dvampire

CorderaMitchell
I remember cyber akuma, I couldn't beat him then but I could now.

by far the toughest version of akuma would be in SF2 turbo when he was introduced, if you've played SF 2 on high or low difficulty it was CHEAP. Imagine shin akumas priority,and double firballs in that old game with super recovery time, regardless they didn't give him a superbar to balance himout. ( remove some cheapness.)

Darkstorm Zero
Yes. I remember that all to well, That was also when people decided to start using him in versus maches and totally raped every challenger.

CorderaMitchell
lol

SHINAKUMA
It's simple to who will win,Ryu might slip up and get caught in the Demon Strike,if Akuma(my fave character in Street Fighter along with Ryu) nails that move the fight is all over.

Gouki
Shin Gouki pwns Satsui no Hadou Ryu any day.

shin_remy
Shin akuma will win from ryu

one attack and it is over with him

but i see a change for him, since he is been training under oro.
I think that ryu will defeat akuma one day cause he is the good guy and bla bla bla

Gouki
Lol. 'Ey remy.
Darkstorm Zero, in what games does it feature Cyber Akuma?
I want to know. I only have MvC for the Dreamcast, MvC & XMvsSF for the Playstation. Finally MvsC2 for the Playstion 2.
I didn't know he was that powerful, I thought he was under a different name, but the same power as Shin Akuma.

Darkstorm Zero
He's in MSHvsSF, the second Capcom vs game released with the marvel licence

Gouki
Damn it.

Ryu The World W
ryu would win by tko by strikes , akuma wouldnt b able to intelligently defend himself

Gouki
Naw man, Akuma is good at avoiding attacks. He is good at defending himself, because he has some quick ass specials to avoid moves.

blind faith
Shin Akuma would probably win , it would end close, but Evil Ryu maybe can pull the win if he has some prep. time??

Drunk-of-Fury
Shin Akuma Wins by using his Deadly Shun-Goku-Satsu to BRUTALLY KILL Dark Ryu...........And then Akuma Take his head band as a gift to him self for winning!!!!!!MOhaahhaha

blind faith
Originally posted by Drunk-of-Fury
Shin Akuma Wins by using his Deadly Shun-Goku-Satsu to BRUTALLY KILL Dark Ryu...........And then Akuma Take his head band as a gift to him self for winning!!!!!!MOhaahhaha I totally agree with you wink big grin

blind faith
that attack would totally kill Evil Ryu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.