Batman ,Superman and GL(kyle) vs Spiderman ,Hulk and Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kgkg
Batman ,Superman and GL(kyle) vs Spiderman ,Hulk and Thor

Draco69
I'm in favor of team DC. GL can protect Supes from magical attacks and give Batman a hovering pad to yell at Superman like a enraged football coach.

kgkg
how stong is GL's force field you think THors hammer can break it???

i think so well thats me.

i think it comes to GL vs Thor , the winner of that will help the other to victory.

Draco69
GL's field is very strong. He held a supernova in it. A super-giant sun supernova at that.

kgkg
didn't doomsday break their shield ??

Cosmic Cube
GL shields are broken all the time. I'd go for team Marvel. Thor's got the speed to take out Bats and/or GL, then join his comrades in pounding Superman.

theflyxx
Spidey easily takes the Batman
Supes succumbs to Thor's might (and magic)
I don't see a GL defeating the Hulk.

Team Marvel wins this one.

Draco69
Or Superman takes Spider-Man and goes up against Thor (with a GL field protecting him)
Batman stays at the sidelines barking orders.
GL scans the Hulk with his ring. Creates a gamma radiation machine to suck all the radiation from him, turning him back to Banner.
GL and Superman double team Thor.

Cosmic Cube
GL can do that?

Draco69
He can anything with it. His ring contains a supercomputer created by the Oa Guardians. It can scan anything. It wouldn't be difficult to find that the Hulk is fueled by gamma radiation.

Cosmic Cube
Hmm, That might work.

GL or Batman could be of assistance, but not if Thor knocks 'em both out first. He's at least as fast as Superman. One whack from Mjolnir to each of them could take them down in the first second.

Superman could take out Spidey.

But... Supes is no Flash. Spidey could avoid him for quite a while. Superman's reaction time is nowhere near as fast as Flash's. Hulk would be looking for someone to 'smash'. If he jump-charges at GL or Bats at escape velocity, someone is going down.

I still see team Marvel winning.

Draco69
Thor is fast but he's not capable of lightspeed as you said. Magik, Blink and Dr. Strange all have "7" Speed. Why? Because they can teleport. Thor can teleport as well. But he has to whirl his hammer for awhile to do it. I doubt Thor would concern himself with a pointy eared guy on the ground. He always goes for the more dangerous opponents. Like GL or Superman.

GL would survive for an extremly long time against Thor. He's beaten cosmic menances like Krona and Neron. Thor aint taking him down in one whack.

There's no way in hell Spidey can dodge Superman. Heat vision, freeze breath, tornado breath (as Trinity said: Dodge This.) He'd be taken out rather quick.

Batman would do what he always does during a fight. Order GL or Superman to protect his ass.

The key here is GL. Hulk is too one-dimensional for GL. Superman and GL are too much for Thor to handle.

Spider-Man isn't really a factor. Neither is Batman for that matter if he gets taken out.

Cosmic Cube
GL has also been KOed rather easily by Owlman. He won't last too long against Thor's superior strength, fighting ability, and divine magic.
Thor has "god-like speed" whether he is capable of lightspeed flight or not is debateable. Regardless, he has a large degree of superspeed; he is at least as fast as Superman.

Why would Superman attack Spiderman rather than Hulk or Thor?

Draco69
GL defeated Krona, Neron, and dozens of other cosmic foes but he got pansied by Owlman? What the f**k? Very bad writing.

GL's fields has withstood blows from Darkseid, Superman and Neron (Satan's) magical attacks. He can handle whatever Thor throws at him for a while.

Superman would attack Spider-Man with tornado breath or freeze breath (which Spider-Man cannot avoid) than he would focus on Hulk or Thor.

Cosmic Cube
Flash has broken GL force fields by running into walls. They're only as strong as his will.

Why would he attack Spiderman?

Draco69
And GL's will was strong enough to contain a supernova, control the power of Ion and fight the mind-control of the Primodial Sun.

Superman would attack Spider-Man for a nanosecond. Then go to the other guys. Spider-Man being the smart guy he is can either go for a flying Hyperion lookalike, a guy with a dangerous green aura or a guy throwing batrangs. He'd go for Batman. And Batman would yell at either GL or Superman to protect his ass.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Draco69
Superman would attack Spider-Man for a nanosecond.

Superman isn't that fast. He can't even think in a nanosecond. Why would he attack Spidey? He's really not a threat.

Cosmic Cube
From what I have seen, GL can only create devices that perform actions, (such as a tractor to move dirt, or a big green head with a straw in its mouth to suck up water.) What makes you think he can create a radiation absorber? If he could do that, what's to stop him form making a super-nova cannon that destroys everyone. There must be a limit to the power of what he can create.

Draco69
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Superman isn't that fast. He can't even think in a nanosecond. Why would he attack Spidey? He's really not a threat.

Why not attack him? I would take a few seconds at most. One less person to worry about. GL could just unleash a giant army of flying monkeys like he did in the Angel storyline

Cosmic Cube
Then why wouldn't Thor attack Batman, then engage Superman?

Draco69
From what I have seen, GL can only create devices that perform actions, (such as a tractor to move dirt, or a big green head with a straw in its mouth to suck up water.) What makes you think he can create a radiation absorber? If he could do that, what's to stop him form making a super-nova cannon that destroys everyone. There must be a limit to the power of what he can create.

There is no limit. Just his imagination and his will. His ring can create anything its user desires as long as he can will it. His ring once also create a vibration distorting machine to blink out the angels. Or a a lightening absorbing figure model (Kyle's weird) to absorb attacks from Dr. Light. His ring can make things do anything. A green dragon that breathes fire. A a giant Japanese robot that can unleash energy attacks. These thinge he has already done. His limit is his power and his imagination. Kyle as an artist possesses a lot of imagination and his will is extremely commendable.

Draco69
Then why wouldn't Thor attack Batman, then engage Superman?

Because Thor is battle-driven warrior that likes to fight the strongest opponents. He likes to test his mettle. He wouldn't waste time on Batman. That's why in Avenger battles he skips everyone else and goes straight for the strongest looking foe.

Cosmic Cube
Then why can't Kyle just imagine a machine that will make him The Presence, or create machine that creates GL rings. There has to be some limit. If not, anyone with the GL ring would be omnipotent.

Draco69
Creating a machine that would make him the Prescence would take an insane amount of will. Hal Jordan attempt something like this and failed. That's why he went to the Oa Battery Source. Kyle wouldn't be able to do that. His limits is his will. No mere mortal possesses the will to become God.

Kyle Rayner already (kinda) created GL rings. That's why the GL corps is back.

Some writers right GL as a person who can only fire green beams and have giant hands. However the skilled writers like Grant Morrison, Mark Millar and Judd Winick all have written GL to do impressive feats with his ring. GL once created an entire space fleet.

Cosmic Cube
Kyle restored the battery. That's not creating rings.

In order for him to use this machine on Hulk, wouldn't he have to have greater will power than Hulk? If not, Hulk could resist it.

Draco69
Sorry if you misunderstood. He created "temporary" rings. The rings were nowhere near as powerful, but they still got the job done. Giant Hands and such. They only lasted for like a half an hour though.

Draco69

In order for him to use this machine on Hulk, wouldn't he have to have greater will power than Hulk? If not, Hulk could resist it.

Concievably yes. But in GL's past feats, I think Kyle's willpower is much stronger than the Hulk. Green Arrow, a very strong-willed person, donned a GL ring to attack Sinestro. He could only form an arrow at best. The attempt nearly killed him. GL does far greater things all the time. His willpower is insane.

Cosmic Cube
What? Are you talking about Ion? When he absorbed the main battery, he killed the Guardians, and the Corps. When he restored power, they were ressurected. Temporary rings? What issue did this happen?

Cosmic Cube
Concievably yes. But in GL's past feats, I think Kyle's willpower is much stronger than the Hulk. Green Arrow, a very strong-willed person, donned a GL ring to attack Sinestro. He could only form an arrow at best. The attempt nearly killed him. GL does far greater things all the time. His willpower is insane.

The Hulk blocks all logical thought. He believes he can do anything, and "smash" anyone. His will is indomitable. I believe his will is stronger than Kyle's.

Draco69
It was WAY long ago. Back in the nineties. Kyle was still in that crappy old costume. I don't have the specific issue and my memory of the story is spotty. But Kyle was facing an old enemy of the GL corps. Since the GL Corps was destroyed (by the way it was Parallax that killed the Guardians, absorbed the main battery and the Corps) the surviving members wanted to help. Out of sheer willpower, Kyle created temporary rings for the surviving GL corps members.

Draco69
The Hulk blocks all logical thought. He believes he can do anything, and "smash" anyone. His will is indomitable. I believe his will is stronger than Kyle's.

It's debatable. Kyle had the will to control the power of Ion, resist the Primodial Weapon and even resist the temptation of Spectre. His will is pretty damn strong.

As I said before it comes down to GL. If Hulk can resist GL then the Marvel team would have a significant edge.

Sorry gotta boot. It's late. Good night. ZZZZZZZ

Cosmic Cube
According to the Ultimate Guide to the JLA, Ion (Kyle) killed the guardians when he absorbed the battery.

Cosmic Cube
It's debatable. Kyle had the will to control the power of Ion, resist the Primodial Weapon and even resist the temptation of Spectre. His will is pretty damn strong.

As I said before it comes down to GL. If Hulk can resist GL then the Marvel team would have a significant edge.

Sorry gotta boot. It's late. Good night. ZZZZZZZ

Same here. G'night.

Jimmy Buggs
spidey can take them by him self ,

Kento
According to the Ultimate Guide to the JLA, Ion (Kyle) killed the guardians when he absorbed the battery.

As Ion there was only one Guardian alive. He put the Ion power into a battery, and recreated the corps, and guardians.

Jason8200
PARALLAX absorbed the battery and killed most the Guardians. The ones that were left gave all their remaining strength to one and he went to earth to recruit the last GL. Then Parallax did his whole Zero Hour thing and then Hal redeemed himself to take out the Anti-Monitor in the FInal Night.... remaking the sun. The energies left his body and entered Kyle Rayners, making him ION. He released the energies back to the Central Battery, gave the Guardians their lives back, and brought Killowog back to life so that they can recreate the GL Corp. Kyle gave it up because when he was Ion he was omnipotnent and omniscient pretty much and he didnt want to lose his humanity so he chose humanity over power. Thats the story of Ion.

As far as the battle goes:
1. Since Banner has become in more controll of the Hulk personalities inside of him, he generally shows the "Professor" personality. But this form gets hurt often and is limited to his 100 level strength. The only way that Marvel would have a chance is if Savage Hulk was allowed to come out.

2. GL shields have been broken before but it all depends on how strong the will of the GL is, if their concentration is broken, and if they are fighting someone who has greater physical strength than their will. So if Kyle is distracted or his concentration broken, then Thor or Hulk may have a chance at breaking his shield. If not then there is no way.

3. Batman is an awesome strategist. He is underrated a lot fo the time. If he can stay away from fighting Thor or Hulk hand to hand then he would have a chance to monitor their strengths and weaknesses and come up with a plan. Batman gave the entire X-Men a run for their money when he fought them in All Access.

4. Sorry Spiderman fans but Spiderman is out of his league. If Batman is put inside one of GLs shields, he could take Spiderman. He is a more skilled and a smarter fighter. The field would protect Batman from getting KOed by one hit from Spiderman.

5. If Superman could get to Hulk first before he could get fully enraged and hit him hard enough, he could knock him out before the Hulk can do any real damage. I believe he would do so since he has fought Hulk twice once as Savage Hulk and once as Professor Hulk. Professor got KOed in one punch but it took much more fighting against Savage.

I think DC would have this one in the bag. Having GL on the team is too much of an advantage. It would be an interesting fight to see though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.