Zahn may be back

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LanceWindu
This news comes from theforce.net.

TFN Jedi Council Forum member K_Kinnison sends in the following report:

I was at a Sci-Fi convention Odessey Con, where Timothy Zahn was a guest of Honor.

I was able to talk to Mr. Zahn and he did confrm that he had a contract, and the outline done for a new SW novel that takes place betwen EP I and EP II.

There has been whispers lately that Timothy Zahn would be returning to the Star Wars Universe, and I for one am very excited to see his return, and equally moreso intrigued by him writing a prequel novel.

Once again: thanks to theforce.net for this news.

Julie
cool.....I did like the thrawn trilogy....

LanceWindu
Everyone I've ever talked to who has read the Thrawn trilogy has liked it.

Volundro Ramm
Thats because its the whole foundation of Star Wars EU.

LanceWindu
Not really. It's the series that really got people into writing and reading EU.

Julie
I see Vol's point.....when they decided to write EU again they hired Zahn to start off everything.....so in a way it is the foundation of EU

On the other hand I also see Lance's point - The Thrawn trilogy brought EU alive and made people really want more...whether that involved reading it or writing it wink

Volundro Ramm
Eeerr what do you mean again. The only Star Wars EU book of any note to come out before Heir to the Empire was Splinters of a minds eye which came out after A New Hope. The Thrawn Trilogy is the original ganster of Star Wars literature. Nuff said.

finti
Yeah Zahn books have been the best so far, have a break in the EU reading last book was: Planet of twillight not so good

LanceWindu
I wonder when this book of his is going to be set. We already know that it will be between TPM and AOTC, but where in between? I mean we've already had a book with a 12 year old Ani and one with an 18 year old Ani. Do you think it would be set in between those? Or before the 12 year old?

It can't be after the 18 year old because that book is set only weeks before AOTC and ends right before the movie.

Also I wonder what it will be about? Maybe character development for Sidious or maybe The Commerce Guild?

Let's just hope that Zahn hasn't lost his magic for Star Wars EU.

Julie
I think he'll do alright wink

LanceWindu
I'm pretty sure of it to. He can't possibly do worse than The Crystal Star.

Julie
Wow it seems like everybody here is set against the Crystal Star...I'll admit that it was very "corny" at points, but it's wasn't the worst book I've ever read

LanceWindu
I've read worse also. Like The Han Solo Adventures.

There's this one part in the first book where A building blew up and was sent into orbit pretty much.

Julie
I think I read that book, but I don't remember that part. In my collection of books was the three parts of the Han solo adventures....that's also low on my priority list.

LanceWindu
I think it is Han Solo at Star End

Julie
yup... the one where Chewie ends up a prisoner at the end

LanceWindu
YeaH

Julie
I haven't read the other two books in the series yet, but it's on my to read list and in that pile of books that I have hanging out in the "study" room

LanceWindu
I own them but I only read the first.

Julie
put the other two on the "to read" list wink

LanceWindu
They're on there, but at the bottom right before 'Splinter of the Mind's Eye'

Julie
Yeah I'd say they're about there on my list too
BTW I got my issue of Star Wars Gamer a few days ago and it has a nice short story by Timothy Zahn...it's about Mara Jade smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.