GhostRider vs Doomday!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
We all know the carnage DD has set upon many planets, yet he has a scrambled mind and is alien to earth.
Would GR's might penance stare take a guy down who killed superman???

Kento
I don't think there is much GR could do to DD, and GR can't be killed either but I think DD could win.

long pig
See, the thing about Ghostrider is, his penance stare will make anyone feel every ammount of pain theyve ever inflicted on other all at once, emotional physical or any other pain.
and the thing about DD is, he's killed millions of people.

Kento
Yea but Doomsday isn't really a thinking being..Well he is now...but he's just a weapon of destruction basically.

Khellendros
Current DD would be fooked, original DD? I dunno, its a tossup.

Kento
Yea..Stupid sentinent being Doomsday...I can't get over how he can be scared of dying...

spetznaz
Originally posted by long pig
See, the thing about Ghostrider is, his penance stare will make anyone feel every ammount of pain theyve ever inflicted on other all at once, emotional physical or any other pain.
and the thing about DD is, he's killed millions of people.

Does Doomsday have a soul? The penance stare wouldn't work on him anymore than it would work on Lex Luthor (yep, him. LEx sold his soul to Metron, and hence something like the Penance stare couldn't work on him. Ghost Rider could still whip Lex, but the Penance stare would be useless).
Going back to Doomsday, the GhostRider could NOT be able to stop DD physically, nor using hellfire, and the penance stare woudn't work.
DD is beyond GR.

FistOfThe North
Doomsday is souless therefore making G.Rr penance stare useless. And all though he can't die he would be smashed by the massive killing machine that is Doomsday.

Kento
Cool sig FistOfTheNorthStar. Kenshiro is awesome. I just got the first 3 comics of it today.

FistOfThe North
Thanks Kento. My best "fist" anime feature is of course the amine movie

Kento
I think the anime itself was better then the movie. Cause no Devil Reverse, and Jackal in the movie is killed by Jagi.

FistOfThe North
Yea but the movie is much more gory and better drawn than the series is.

ArekExcelsior2
I dunno, the Gaze of Penance would make Doomsday feel something he's not used to: remorse and sorrow. Strikes me that, if Doomsday isn't resistant to magic, the GoP is PERFECT. It also does work on someone whose soul is gone but whose mind is still in operation - for example, it'd work on Dr. Faust.

That isn't even counting hellflame.

demigawd
I think most people here are in agreement that DD wins. One point of note - GR once fought Typhoid Mary, and tried his penance stare on her. Not only did it not destroy TM, it actually created a feedback and completely screwed up GR. As it turns out, the target of the penance stare has to be able to 1)comprehend the difference between right and wrong and 2)know on some level that what they've done is wrong. Typhoid Mary is mentally ill....she doesn't know right from wrong, so her soul is fundamentally pure.

Classic Doomsday is a barely sentient being incapable of knowing or understanding ethics or morality. To him, there is no right, there is no wrong, there's just...death. So GR's penance stare would have no effect on DD and in fact, would actually cause GR a lot of pain.

Scoobless
i wouldn't call original Doomsday soulless, he just evolved in the only way he could to survive....... he's as much a victim as anyone he's killed..... maybe more so because he can never be free of what others have done to him...... not unlike "Angel" from the tv show of the same name.....he never intended to be a bad guy but others decided his destiny for him........ i'm pretty sure i (or DC......wink ) could write up a story in the future and make Doomsday the sympathetic hero

Scoobless
anyone agree with that?

jinzin
well considering that DC has already written a timeline where DD is a hero,,,than yes. It's in the latest action comics, superman inspires DD to lead an army of supermen knockoffs against cog in a single battle that lasts 100 years. after DD finds superman (who's old and just died) DD has a very endearing moment as cog points out "in that moment I watched a monster become a son" It was actually a really good comic if you can just get past all that time travel crapola.

But yeah, I guess the question is, can a genetic clone have a soul??????
i mean DD's been cloned hundreds out thousands of times so i doubt his body even has a soul to begin with. but that aside, DD kills people out of his instinct for survival. When he was being cloned, all the inhabitants on that planet tried to kill him. That's why he destroys all life in his path, it's not because he's doing it out of evil, he's doing it to survive.
regardless, GR ain't putting DD down. DD can't do a whole lot to GR either, he might be able to knock him out but that's about it.

Scoobless
Originally posted by jinzin
well considering that DC has already written a timeline where DD is a hero,,,than yes..

i didn't know that........ i've only seen him in "the Death of Superman" and "hunter/prey"..... that's all the info i have on him

K3VIL
He possess a soul.And the Penance Stare would work with massive effects on him.Even if the way he acts it's his policy to survive, the Penance Stare will murder him.He's a threat to the life in the Universe.

jinzin
ummmm......no. first off, prove he has a soul......second if doomsday doesn't hurt innocents in his eyes how would it affect him?
anyways scoobles you should try and check out suprman doomsday wars, some pretty good DD stuff in that.

black wolverine
please gr has hellfire he could burn dude to a crisp

ragesRemorse
doomsday is a rock turd.

jinzin
do you know anything about GR's hellfire? It doesn't burn....well not literally, It peirces the soul of the target. Once again does dd have a soul? I'm inclined not to think so myself.

Mider
i think he does have a soul if he didnt why would he feel remorse its just a logical stand point of feeling right and wrong i guess animals dont do this because they only have a spirit but not a soul but doomsday is an intelligent being that now does know right from wrong ever since he became smart but what good would the hellfire and stuff do if he just came back? He would then be imune to it and that would be major suckville for the magic users of the universe but then again i dont know if he can grow an imunity to magic if he can to cosmic power like the GL ring as if heard why not magic.

DrDoom101
If he has one life, then Ghost Rider might have a chance if he stays a distance. If he has two lives, DD crushes him.

Draco69
DD is not a living being. He's made of pure matter (I know...I know). He's essentially a robot.

leonidas
so then the question is raised -- cana soul be developed as intelligence evolves, or is the soul a birthright -- ie -- does it come with being born?

hmmmm

regardless, the problem i have with the soulfire is it causes pain, that's all. penence stare wouldn't likely do much as all dd has done has been in his nature so he wouldn't know remorse as most do.

i'd say dd in this rather interesting match up . . .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.