Hercules vs. Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Betageuze
both .. in his best days... who would win?

Thing in his best... has beaten up Grey Hulk... he has not defeated him.. but he had a great time against him... sometimes even with Green Hulk he has good times

on the other hand... Hercules is a God ... he can be compared with the Mighty Thor... Hercules survived matches against the Hulk.... i believe even 8th day Juggernaut would be remembering .. a match with Zeus Son

i think Hercules is to much for Ben

hunbu04
immortal hercules will crushed thing in one page with good writing
10/10

Howard_Jones
Is Betzague William Shatner?

capt it up
herc would kick the shit out of thing

Badabing
Originally posted by capt it up
herc would kick the shit out of thing
I see your vendetta against Thing continues. mad sad mad

stick out tongue
Thing loses to Im. Herc.

Soljer
Originally posted by Badabing
I see your vendetta against Thing continues. mad sad mad

stick out tongue
Thing loses to Im. Herc.

laughing

Capt has no vendetta against the Thing....Ben just kinda sucks.

Hard.

Badabing
Originally posted by Soljer
laughing

Hard.
I hope that I can forget your blasphemy. no expression

Soljer
I hope that I can forget your blasphemy. no expression

embarrasment sad

Me too.

xmarksthespot
I hope that I can forget your blasphemy. no expression You can't silence the truth.

Badabing
embarrasment sad

Me too. stick out tongue

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
You can't silence the truth.

He's cooler than any X-Men character out there. no expression

capt it up
laughing

Hard.
soljer right I don't have any vendetta vs thing. I like thing he just not that tough as some may think

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
He's cooler than any X-Men character out there. no expression I'm relatively certain that Thing is the representative character for ugly people.

capt it up
I doubt that and there are plenty of x-men who kick his ass.

capt it up
I'm relatively certain that Thing is the representative character for ugly people.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Soljer

X-Men > Fantastic Four. In terms of characters, sales, titles, stories, AND power.

No contest.

Howard_Jones
I'm relatively certain that Thing is the representative character for ugly people.

Yet he gets a chick like Alicia Masters. I guess Ugly people kick ass.

I doubt that and there are plenty of x-men who kick his ass.

Just because someone is powerful doesn't make them a well-written character. Look at Doomsday. He's flat out lame, yet very powerful. Ben's a complex character that's fun to read. He's an everyman character with a heart of gold. What's not to love?

capt it up
Yet he gets a chick like Alicia Masters. I guess Ugly people kick ass.

Just because someone is powerful doesn't make them a well-written character. Look at Doomsday. He's flat out lame, yet very powerful. Ben's a complex character that's fun to read. He's an everyman character with a heart of gold. What's not to love?
Logan character>>>>>>things. logan far more complexed and a better character over all

Howard_Jones
Logan character>>>>>>things. logan far more complexed and a better character over all

Ha.

Ha ha.

Ha ha ha.

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Soljer
Ha.

Ha ha.

Ha ha ha.

Thing DOES kinda suck....

And Logan HAS had much more character development over the years, mostly due to his over-popularity.

xmarksthespot
Yet he gets a chick like Alicia Masters. I guess Ugly people kick ass.Which only further serves my notion that he's the representative character for ugly people. Giving him Alicia Masters appeases the ugly constituent of Marvel readers. That is realpolitik.

Howard_Jones
Which only further serves my notion that he's the representative character for ugly people. Giving him Alicia Masters appeases the ugly constituent of Marvel readers. That is realpolitik.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sure kiddo. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Also, he's the ideal Blue Collar New Yorker. That's straight from the mouth of Stan Lee in an early interview about the Fantastic Four. wink

srankmissingnin
Should be similar to Namor vs Thing fight. Thing has a chance of winning... just nota very good one.

Badabing
You guys can assign any label you want. Was Hulk created to appease green people? Thing has been around 40+ years and back then there was none of the bleeding heart, political correctness we have today. This pic illustrates Ben Grimm's greatest attribute.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/fantastic_four_416-25.jpg

capt it up
Ha.

Ha ha.

Ha ha ha.

are you laughing? Logan character has developed far more and is far more evolved unlike benny

Soljer
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Should be similar to Namor vs Thing fight. Thing has a chance of winning... just nota very good one.

Thing really doesn't have a chance against Namor OR against Hercules. Even Mortal Hercules should demolish Thing.

xmarksthespot
You guys can assign any label you want. Was Hulk created to appease green people? Thing has been around 40+ years and back then there was none of the bleeding heart, political correctness we have today. This pic illustrates Ben Grimm's greatest attribute. Lack of eloquence?

Badabing
are you laughing? Logan character has developed far more and is far more evolved unlike benny
Cap, that's your opinion and everybody is entitled to their opinions on characters and such. wink

Soljer
You guys can assign any label you want. Was Hulk created to appease green people? Thing has been around 40+ years and back then there was none of the bleeding heart, political correctness we have today. This pic illustrates Ben Grimm's greatest attribute.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/fantastic_four_416-25.jpg

He has heart, that's great.

But so does every other character in comics.

You don't think Captain America would sacrifice his life if it meant one child could survive? Much less his own Godchild.

Howard_Jones

No, the smilies mean that I'm crying.

OF COURSE I'M LAUGHING!

and if by developed, you mean had one of the worst histories of continuity and flat out crap writing, then yes, he is well developed.

capt it up
Cap, that's your opinion and everybody is entitled to their opinions on characters and such. wink
ya and it seems to be an oppinion of most people unless they despise logan or are thing fan boys.

Badabing
Lack of eloquence?
Maybe for a sophisticate like yourself. It's just right for a comic book forum.

capt it up
No, the smilies mean that I'm crying.

OF COURSE I'M LAUGHING!

and if by developed, you mean had one of the worst histories of continuity and flat out crap writing, then yes, he is well developed.
crapp writting lol. the dudes had some fo the best writters in marvel for years. He had miller an amazing writter. His orignal run on logan was said to be one of the best comic run ever done. you are a fool. Logan character is far better then things. Why do you think he marvel second favorit hero? Yes logan crappy that must be why he the fans second favorit character of all times roll eyes (sarcastic)

Howard_Jones
Lack of eloquence?

No. A lot of heart. Something someone of "scientific mind" such as yourself should understand. laughing

xmarksthespot
Maybe for a sophisticate like yourself. It's just right for a comic book forum. I'll take Emma Frost's sardonic wit over Thing's inarticulate garbling any day.

Badabing
ya and it seems to be an oppinion of most people unless they despise logan or are thing fan boys.
I didn't see anything bad posted about Logan on this thread. confused

Howard_Jones
crapp writting lol. the dudes had soem fo the best writters in marvel for years. He had miller an amazing writter. His orignal run on logan was said to be one of the best comic run ever done. you are a fool. Logan character is far better then things. Why do you think he marvel second favorit hero? Yes logan crappy that must be why he the fans second favorit character of all times roll eyes (sarcastic)

Just because you have a good writer write one of your comics doesn't mean you're the greatest of all time. Neal Gaiman, Frank Miller, Todd MacFarlane, Alan Moore, Dave Sim, and Grant Morrison have all written Spawn, and he's not the greatest character of all time. wink

capt it up
I didn't see anything bad posted about Logan on this thread. confused
did I say there was? No I said most people say logan is a better developed character over thing. unless it is a thing fanboy talking or a wolverine hater

srankmissingnin
Thing really doesn't have a chance against Namor OR against Hercules. Even Mortal Hercules should demolish Thing.

I was talking about Mortal Herc. and Grimm stands a chance agaisnt Namor just not a very big one.

capt it up
Just because you have a good writer write one of your comics doesn't mean you're the greatest of all time. Neal Gaiman, Frank Miller, Todd MacFarlane, Alan Moore, Dave Sim, and Grant Morrison have all written Spawn, and he's not the greatest character of all time. wink
No how ever is spawn not about 10 times as popular as thing.

wait wait your really trying to argue that thing character his better developed yet logan is mroe beloved by far becuase of his edge.

xmarksthespot
No. A lot of heart. Something someone of "scientific mind" such as yourself should understand. laughing "Thing has heart." tends to be the mantra of people defending Thing. What? So all other characters don't? Spare me. You're getting rather ad hominem, it's just a fictional character, mein freund.

Badabing
I'll take Emma Frost's sardonic wit over Thing's inarticulate garbling any day.
What dude wouldn't? People are allowed to have an opinion about Grimm and state that opinion. I was joking with Soljer and ribbed Capt a bit before everybody showed up. I don't care if somebody doesn't like a character. These are comics gentlemen and not living people. Keep it in perspective people. laughing

capt it up
I find maverick bravery to be better then that of things

Badabing
did I say there was? No I said most people say logan is a better developed character over thing. unless it is a thing fanboy talking or a wolverine hater
Well, you brought Logan into a thread where there is no mention of him. Sounds like you are looking for an argument where one didn't exist.

capt it up
Well, you brought Logan into a thread where there is no mention of him. Sounds like you are looking for an argument where one didn't exist.
that was simply beign he said things character>>>x-men in which case I brought logan character up as beeing better then things which is true. I never ment in a fight I ment in a character's senses

Howard_Jones
"Thing has heart." tends to be the mantra of people defending Thing. What? So all other characters don't? Spare me. You're getting rather ad hominem, it's just a fictional character, mein freund.

Mein gott! You know some big words. Actually, most comic lovers would put Ben's heart and determination above anyone. It's not that other characters don't have it. It means that Ben has a LOT more than they do. The Vox Populi of comic lovers respect Ben for it. If you don't, then good for you. You just accomplished the ability to deny what's in front of you.

Badabing
You can't silence the truth. Originally posted by capt it up
soljer right I don't have any vendetta vs thing. I like thing he just not that tough as some may think Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Which only further serves my notion that he's the representative character for ugly people. Giving him Alicia Masters appeases the ugly constituent of Marvel readers. That is realpolitik. Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Lack of eloquence? Originally posted by xmarksthespot
"Thing has heart." tends to be the mantra of people defending Thing. What? So all other characters don't? Spare me. You're getting rather ad hominem, it's just a fictional character, mein freund.
I can't get enough of college students. They know everything until graduation and the real World smacks them in the head. Some advice, nobody is interested or impressed with your linguistic legerdemain. The regurgitation from your word of the day calender is prosaic at best. Take your own advice and remember that these are comic book characters.

Faceman
If Herc is drunk, Thing could probably give him a good fight for the first 5 minutes. After that Herc just owns him...

xmarksthespot
Mein gott! You know some big words. Actually, most comic lovers would put Ben's heart and determination above anyone. It's not that other characters don't have it. It means that Ben has a LOT more than they do. The Vox Populi of comic lovers respect Ben for it. If you don't, then good for you. You just accomplished the ability to deny what's in front of you. Correction: People with an affinity for Thing put his heart and determination above anyone else.

Oh dear, you wouldn't be aligning yourself with unwashed masses would you. They're always wrong remember

xmarksthespot
I can't get enough of college students. They know everything until graduation and the real World smacks them in the head. Some advice, nobody is interested or impressed with your linguistic legerdemain. The regurgitation from your word of the day calender is prosaic at best. Take your own advice and remember that these are comic book characters. huh I write how I write. It's how I've always written. I'd imagine you went and looked up obscure words like prosaic and legerdemain though. Which is ironic, to say the least. erm

Howard_Jones
Correction: People with an affinity for Thing put his heart and determination above anyone else.

Oh dear, you wouldn't be aligning yourself with unwashed masses would you. They're always wrong remember

General Consensus - Average Joe

Vox Populi of Comic Fans - Exactly as it sounds.

Please try to keep up. Or is your "scientific mind" too busy?

Howard_Jones
I can't get enough of college students. They know everything until graduation and the real World smacks them in the head. Some advice, nobody is interested or impressed with your linguistic legerdemain. The regurgitation from your word of the day calender is prosaic at best. Take your own advice and remember that these are comic book characters.

X is an arrogant little bastard, isn't he? He just screams spoiled little rich kid.

srankmissingnin

... Burn?

Funny that you climbed onto the same high horse you were trying to knock x off of though...

xmarksthespot
General Consensus - Average Joe

Vox Populi of Comic Fans - Exactly as it sounds.

Please try to keep up. Or is your "scientific mind" too busy? Originally posted by Howard_Jones
X is an arrogant little bastard, isn't he? He just screams spoiled little rich kid. roll eyes (sarcastic) Getting personal much?

capt it up
what the hell I did not do any thing all i stated was soljer was right

DigiMark007
X-Men > Fantastic Four. In terms of characters, sales, titles, stories, AND power.

No contest.

Sales, sure.
Power? Depends on the roster. And prep.
Titles? Yeah, but I'm not sure if a bloated # of ongoing titles is a good thing. erm
Stories? Debatable. Except for HoM, mainly because those worthless mutie bastards got wiped out. evil face
Characters? Meh, can't mess with Stan's originals....though I agree evolution is a better explanation of powers than cosmic rays.

xmarksthespot
what the hell I did not do any thing all i stated was soljer was right You used the word vendetta. 3 syllables or more and you're trying to impress people with your "linguistic legerdemain".

Howard_Jones
roll eyes (sarcastic) Getting personal much?

Nope. Pointing out the blatantly obvious. However you take it is up to you, kiddo.

Howard_Jones
... Burn?

Funny that you climbed onto the same high horse you were trying to knock x off of though...

and he did that how? X's high horse is saying large words that he doesn't comprehend to throw people off. Bada's is telling the truth. no expression

Badabing
You used the word vendetta. 3 syllables or more and you're trying to impress people with your "linguistic legerdemain".
I'm Italian. We invented the vendetta!

Howard_Jones
I'm Italian. We invented the vendetta!

I'm German. We take over Europe because of it. We commonly work with Italians in that aspect.

xmarksthespot
Nope. Pointing out the blatantly obvious. However you take it is up to you, kiddo. Originally posted by Howard_Jones
and he did that how? X's high horse is saying large words that he doesn't comprehend to throw people off. Bada's is telling the truth. no expression As you so often hypocritically say, "Get over yourself." If you have some kind of personal problem with me, having been here all of 20 days and knowing my nature oh so well, don't spam the forums with it. Kthx.

Badabing
I'm German. We take over Europe because of it. We commonly work with Italians in that aspect.
eek! laughing
Damn dude!

Howard_Jones
As you so often hypocritically say, "Get over yourself." If you have some kind of personal problem with me don't spam the forums with it. Kthx.

Run on sentence much? Your "scientific mind" breaking down on you? Also, it takes a hypocrite to know one. wink

Badabing
... Burn?

At least you caught that. Nothing gets by you. wink

Okay, everybody listen. Xmark and I have debated before, we laugh about it and move on. Please, don't take sides or jump in the fray. It's only a friendly joust. Now, let's get back to the topic before anybody gets a warning for linguistic legerdemain and acting intransigent. laughing laughing

Howard_Jones

Okay, everybody listen. Xmark and I have debated before, we laugh about it and move on. Please, don't take sides or jump in the fray. It's only a friendly joust. Now, let's get back to the topic before anybody gets a warning for linguistic legerdemain and acting intransigent. laughing laughing

laughing laughing

srankmissingnin
and he did that how? X's high horse is saying large words that he doesn't comprehend to throw people off. Bada's is telling the truth. no expression

I haven't seen 'X' use any words that a high school student in English Lit wouldn't know. Is he going out of his way to appear sophisticated? Maybe but I don't know. Either way you don't need to patronize him for exercising his vocabulary... or should say "verbal repertoire" since we are on the subject of sophisticated speech patterns?.

srankmissingnin

Got 'ya wink

Accel
It seems somewhat ironic that people are discussing sophisticated speech in a thread about Hercules and Thing.

xmarksthespot

Okay, everybody listen. Xmark and I have debated before, we laugh about it and move on. Please, don't take sides or jump in the fray. It's only a friendly joust. Now, let's get back to the topic before anybody gets a warning for linguistic legerdemain and acting intransigent. laughing laughing Aww. I love you too. Let's never fight again.

Badabing
Originally posted by Accel
It seems somewhat ironic that people are discussing sophisticated speech in a thread about Hercules and Thing.
eek! laughing laughing
OMG, Accel just comes in and pwns all of us with that comment.

Aww. I love you too. Let's never fight again.
laughing cool

Soljer

I haven't seen 'X' use any words that a high school student in English Lit wouldn't know. Is he going out of his way to appear sophisticated? Maybe but I don't know. Either way you don't need to patronize him for exercising his vocabulary... or should say "verbal repertoire" since we are on the subject of sophisticated speech patterns?.

Co-signed. I've never misunderstood X, nor has he ever made me whip out the dictionary. I think that he speaks very clearly, and very to the point. Which is more than I can say for most posters with incoherent syntax and idiotic half-speech.

That said....

Thing gets stomped, evil face.

Badabing
Co-signed. I've never misunderstood X, nor has he ever made me whip out the dictionary. I think that he speaks very clearly, and very to the point. Which is more than I can say for most posters with incoherent syntax and idiotic half-speech.

That said....

Thing gets stomped, evil face.
Oh, you're on the list NOW! mad

stick out tongue

Soljer
Oh, you're on the list NOW! mad

stick out tongue

laughing

Martian_mind
Thing smokes him

shifty

Badabing
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Thing smokes him
shifty

I hope I can forget your transgression before the tournament starts. no expression

stick out tongue

Martian_mind
I hope I can forget your transgression before the tournament starts. no expression

By the sound of it,there are two things the thing is good for

1: the fantastic fours pack muel
2:ur masturbatory aid

stick out tongue

stick out tongue

Badabing
First, learn how to quote somebody correctly. roll eyes (sarcastic) Second, that's sick. sick

As a tournament judge, I know I'll have the last laugh.

evillaugh

xmarksthespot
First, learn how to quote somebody correctly. roll eyes (sarcastic) Second, that's sick. sickDon't pass judgements on Grimm22's life choices... dodgyshifty. Different doesn't mean bad. no

Badabing
Don't pass judgements on Grimm22's life choices... dodgyshifty. Different doesn't mean bad. no
eek! laughing sick laughing out loud

Martian_mind
First, learn how to quote somebody correctly. roll eyes (sarcastic) Second, that's sick. sick

As a tournament judge, I know I'll have the last laugh.

evillaugh

oh i doubt it will matter.i can be very convincing droolio if u catch my drift....

Badabing
Originally posted by Martian_mind
oh i doubt it will matter.i can be very convincing droolio if u catch my drift....
messed blink

olympian
What a rocky devolopment this thread is.

guy222
herc

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.