Palpatine's plot

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
Maybe it's just because i'm a political science major, but i think that once all the facts about episode III are out of the bag, we should all get together, and make a timeline or concensus of what exactly palpatine's entire plan was from the time he killed his master to the inaguaration of the first death star and liquidation of the senate in episode IV.

Echuu
the politics of star wars is very interesting yes

good idea

Darth_Nefarus
Oh man, I've already got most of it written out on my comp, I'll post it tomorrow

mandalorian_war
nighty night

Captain REX
I like your thinking! I will help once I have time...

GuyverGabriel
Talking about Palpatine's plot. There's a question that i've been wondering for quite some time now. what EXACTELY was his plan?
was it :
1) Rule the Galaxy?
2) Get Anakin to the Dark Side ?
it's just that i don't think he intended to do both because in ROTJ am i the only one who felt like he considered Darth Vader useless?

Darth Jello
well, i know it's EU, but cloak of deception is absolutely fantastic in showing the depth of the plot.

Force Adept
I think he meant to do both 1 and 2...

1 - Rule the Galaxy
2 - Take a worthy apprentice to assure the Siths' rule over the Galaxy..

They can be combined into one catagory, really. But I can't really be to sure of his entire plan, because I don't know much about Palpatine before the movies.. erm

bobafett81
It seems Palpatine has been scheming and plotting his whole World Order Grand Scheme for about 100 years ever since

Palpatine killed his Master Darth Plagueis in his sleep to attain the status of master

After which, he schemed and planned to become a Senator of Naboo in the Republic Senate.

In TPM, using the Trade Federation as decoy, he invaded Naboo and forced Queen Amidala to escape to Coruscant to negotiate the release of Naboo from the Senate.

Palpatine persuaded Queen Amidala to submit a plea to the Courts, but Amidala rejected. Palpatine then said Chancellor Valorum was controlled by the Buerecrats of the Republic, who are on the payroll of the Trade Federation.

Queen Amidala was then influenced to call for a vote of no confidence in Valorum's leadership. Subsequently, Valorum was kicked out and Palpatine was able to use the sympathy votes from the Naboo Invasion to win the Supreme Chancellor post.

I shall continue with Palpatine's plans in AOTC later.

Captain REX
Fett hit it on the head there; Palpatine's main goal before TPM was getting into the Senate, and during TPM his goal was becoming Chancellor.

His goals during Attack of the Clones were starting the Clone Wars, of course, as well as getting Anakin close to Padme, it seems!

As Yoda explains, Jedi (and Sith) can see the future (though ever in motion, the future is). Palpatine probably saw that Anakin would fall, or some such thing that would to lead it. He is the Chosen One, after all; I would be very interested in making him fall if I were an evil Sith Lord!

darth_achilles
damn, this thread got jacked up like no other

bobafett81
Between TPM and AOTC, Palpatine was able to persuade Count Dooku to join his fight for a "more peaceful and stronger Republic". Dooku and his friend Master Sifo Dyas was tired of the weakened Republic.

In the mean time, Sifo Dyas ordered a batch of Clone Armies from Kamino to help the Republic as he as forseen that the Sith were gaining powers.

Palpatine instructed Count Dooku to erase Kamino from the Jedi Archives and also to murder Sifo Dyas before joining him for more Sith Trainings. The murder of Sifo Dyas was essential as Palpatine wanted to manipulate with the Clones by programming them to absorb Order 66 which was to murder all the Jedis which led them in the Clone Wars in AOTC and ROTS .

In AOTC, Count Dooku created the Separatist Movement and split the Republic into 2 fractions. Palpatine was determined to being an end to this Separatist movement. Concurrently, Palpatine made Anakin Skywalker aware of his extraordinary Jedi skills, and became Anakin's closest friend on Coruscant after Obi-Wan.

Meanwhile, Palpatine officially "learnt about" the Clone Armies being secretly made at Kamino through Obi-Wan's report from Geonosis. Taking advantage of the absense of Senator Padme Amidala, Mas Amedda suggested emergency powers to be given to Palpatine to quickly commission the Clone Armies for the use of the Republic. He directed the thought that "Senator Amidala was the brave Senator who would have suggest this Emergency Power" to Jar Jar Binks, who was replacing Padme as Senator for the time being. Jar Jar Binks, not knowing the full impact of this emergency powers, requested for full power to the Chancellor during the midst of an Emergency Senate Session. The Senate approved it immediately. And the Clone Armies were dispatched to Geonosis and subsequently to the rest of the Galaxy to stop the Separatist Movements. And this war was known as the Clone Wars.

Uber_God
i think its pointless

palpatines plot was to have control over the galaxy
what bobafett and capt said was a bit obvious
just like what adept said

1. rule the galaxy
2. sith rule the galaxy

simple as that

Darth Jello
let's not forget the commerce guilds, by making a pact with their leaders and then killing them off, Palpatine was able to nationalize all arms and technology related industries along with most of the major banking systems. Thus controlling not only all the technology, but most of the financial transactions in the republic.

Uber_God
thus ruling the galaxy

peluffo
Ep1: Palpatine having the simpathy of the senate, as a victim (and the starter as a Sith) of the invasion of his home planet, and then achieving the "chancellor" nomination.

Ep2: Palpatine get his "emergency powers" to give the republic a great army using clones (secretly created on Kamino), and he pull the trigger of Clone Wars managing the republic AND the separatist as sidious thru Dooku.

Ep3 (suspect) Palpatine manages the way to blame the jedis about a plot to take control over the republic (every piece fall to his place when Mace tries to arrest him), then he STOP THE WAR IN ONE DAY! He converts the republic into a new order to restore and maintain the peace creating the first galactic empire to cut with all the bureaucracy and corruption and also he "helps" anakin to take some serious decisions...
This man is a genius.

vader519
You know, when you go back and watch Episodes 1 and 2, you can clearly see how Palpatine manipulates everyone to get what he wants for his master plan to work.

thejeditraitor
JEDI NOT JEDIS!!!!!

peluffo

Darth Jello
In Episode III we also have the establishment of the Imperial Navy and along with it, a military ruler for each sector in the form of governors. Once we find out for sure how old palps is and when exactly he joined the Naboo diplomatic corps., we will find out the full extent of the plan.

Darth Jello
Another cool thing to do would be to write a history of the clone wars and the rise of the empire from the perspective of the imperial propaganda.

peluffo
Yeah, it would be great. I'll buy any EU material about it

J.M FcThumbs-Up
I thought this was discussed in another thread!
Nice idea though, but still think it's useless...better start looking for the old ones before starting up a new.
("Sidious' plan", "Palpatine's plan" the threads are called I believe).
No offense to the maker!

peluffo
yeah... we have a group of mods who (gratefully) knows his job and does it very well, thanks.

But... what about the topic? you have something to say? Even if the thread needs to be merged someplace else, it would be nice if you post something ontopic, no offense to the poster!

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Originally posted by peluffo
yeah... we have a group of mods who (gratefully) knows his job and does it very well, thanks.

But... what about the topic? you have something to say? Even if the thread needs to be merged someplace else, it would be nice if you post something ontopic, no offense to the poster!

none taken..... laughing out loud

Yeah, I have something to add>>>visit the other ones on this subject for more comments and mine too!!!!!!!!!

laughing wink smokin'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.