gordon freeman vs Doom 3 marine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DEFCON One
who wins assuming they each have their respective weapons

SaTsuJiN
hhmm... gravity gun? I think freeman has this one.. bfg takes too long to charge up

Smasandian
Yeah, I'd give it too Freeman also. He has the smarts also. He could probalby rig up the BFG with some ducktape or something.

Marine is about to shoot Freeman with BFG. He shoots it, Freeman grabs the ball of energy with the gravity gun and shoots its right back. And this is true because you can actually catch the plasma guns second function in HL2 with your gravity gun. And we dont even need to talk about the super gravity gun.

DEFCON One
who wins if there is no BFG or gravity gun?

Smasandian
A tie.
Gordon is smart, resourcefull and has loads of confidence.
Marine, is well a Marine so its hard to say.
Gordon and the Marine faced off similar opponents.
Demons and aliens are generally the same thing.
But one thing Gordon has on the Marine is that Gordon has defeated Special Forces so I still give the edge of Freeman.
A marine is just a marine.

SaTsuJiN
I think a scientist with brains could cook up a safety defense measure faster than a lug-headed marine though messed

FistOfThe North
In an arm/wrestling match or a fist fight? Gordon gets smashed.

SnakeEyes
I say after a tough battle, Gordon Freeman

Smasandian
Fist fight/ arm wrestling match?
What the hell?

Were talking about shooting at each other, not ***** slapping.

FistOfThe North
Let me slap and then punch you and you tell me the difference. What if they ran out of bullets, what are they gonna do. run?lol

Smasandian
Thanks, I think I know the difference.
They would never run out of bullets.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Smasandian
Thanks, I think I know the difference.
They would never run out of bullets.

They'll never run out of bullets? LOL !

Well, they would in real life.

They run out of bullets even in the game. Unless your using a cheat.lol

And cheats suck. I got and played both games last month beat 'em both without cheats in 3 days. Got 'em on a Th noon and beat it sun night. The endings pukes as much as the multiplayer.

But that irrelevant.

With "never-ending" bullets then lol, I would have to go with the Marine still. 1 word. BFG. Nuff said. Gordon cannot outrun it. It obliterates everything in site.

Smasandian
He cant shoot the BFG when a gravity gun can catch it and/or pick up the marine with it.
I didnt say neverending bullets because they both have about 10 weapons each with copious amounts of ammo, and considering one of them will be dead before anything runs out thus making a bitchslap worthless.
Gravity gun will kicked the Marine's ass before the BGF will eventuall get to fire.

Machete_Guy
Gordan Freeman would some how work out some wacky idea, like always.

FistOfThe North
He cant shoot the BFG when a gravity gun can catch it and/or pick up the marine with it.

I didnt say neverending bullets

and considering one of them will be dead making a bitchslap worthless.

Gravity gun will kicked the Marine's ass before the BGF will eventuall get to fire.

Your words exactly "They would never run out of bullets" sounds neverending to me. And I never said you said neverending. I called it that, in reference to your "never running out of bullets" fallacy.lol

In the game, I never remembered taking any of the combines weapons away using the reg gravity gun. Unless your talking about the limitedly accessible blue gravity gun.

Looks like you obviously didn't know the difference, if you would call their fighting just bitchslaps,lol

Smasandian
Even if they run out of bullets, Gordon has the gravity gun which doesnt use bullets but anyday objects as weapons. So Marine could get killed by a damn toilet.

Well, I never took weapons from Combine either. But I didnt say it would take the weapon away from him. I said it could catch it.
Combine's Pulse Rifle had a secondary option for a pulse rocket of somesort that disenagrated people by touch.
With the regular gravity gun, you can catch that ball of energy and whip it back at them.
So, if Marine has a chance of shooting the BFG, but actually does. Gordon would stop it in its tracks with the gravity gun and shoot it right back at him. Gordon's Enviro Suit would protect just enough to do it.
Marine on the other end, would be screwed.
Also, the thread saids with thier respective weapons. That means the super ass gravity gun also.
And the bitchslap was a play on words.

ChickinMeat
Gordon freeman, the marine doesnt even have the inteligence to use a torch and a gun at the same time, hes got no chance!

and the gravity gun rules all.

Smasandian
True. This is what the Marine is thinking,
"Duh, well there's all these maintenence equipment and office supplies just laying around collecting blood. And I keep on getting attacked and because Im always putting away the damn flashlight and pulling out my gun while getting hit, I always lose health. Too bad I dont have any tape. I wonder if these place has tape."

And he's an Marine. Gordon Freeman made mincemeat out of Special Forces and Assassins. What do you think he can do to a lowly marine?

Dogbert
More than likely they'd team up and it'd be Gordan Freeman and Space Marine vs. Hell and Xen.

Dogbert
True. This is what the Marine is thinking,
"Duh, well there's all these maintenence equipment and office supplies just laying around collecting blood. And I keep on getting attacked and because Im always putting away the damn flashlight and pulling out my gun while getting hit, I always lose health. Too bad I dont have any tape. I wonder if these place has tape."

And he's an Marine. Gordon Freeman made mincemeat out of Special Forces and Assassins. What do you think he can do to a lowly marine?

Mincemeat, but those assassins often killed you and you don't have to hide it. Unless you play on easy and not Hard. Shame on you.

dark1365
Gravity Gun vs. BFG9000.....I'd say gravity gun. Throw something really sticky into the BFG barrel.

Smasandian
Or make a sheld from something.

dark1365
Yeah, pick up a thick piece, get it blasted, and throw an unsanitary toilet at Mr. Marine guy while his gun's charging up again.

SaTsuJiN
he wouldnt even need the gravity gun.. just hit the marine from D3 with that overwatch primary rifle's secondary attack.. that bouncy ball of death that just lifts you up in the air and burns you into dust lol

Smasandian
Thats true, or you know shoot the BFG ball of goo with some bullets and BOOM, it blows up in his face.

FistOfThe North
All I keep reading is talk about the gravity gun. The gravity gun this, the gravity gun that. What if Gordon had to actually go find this gravity gun just like the Marine would have to find the BFG, just like in the game. And what if they saw each other (as enemies) somewhere along the line just a little past the begging of the game where they still had no weapons.

Anyway I'd have to go with the Marine. Cause he's tougher. I mean, he's fighting loads of Hellians of all types deep inside Martian underground in the hot hot heat with no air. And he still came out alive.
While Gordon is shooting at mummies and the combine in sunny weather.

It's the Marine in this one if you ask me.

Smasandian
Well Gordon has faced against just as tough as enemies, in similiar setting, simliar circumstances with similar weapons.
Gordon though has the smarts that the Marine doesnt have. Also, Gordon went through platoon's of Special Forces, which are better trained and tested than Marine's who do guard duty. On this basis, the marine gets his ass kicked by Gordon.
You also make the Marine sound gay wit its "hot, hot, hot heat". And also, the Marine has air and its probably really cold due to no power and that Mars is actually bloody cold.

SaTsuJiN
doom 3 is a different game than Half life 2... so gordon would just hit him in the head with a crow-bar a few times while the marine beats up gordon as hard as he can for a mediocre amount of damage

dark1365
Crowbar is ultimately harder than fists, that's for sure.

Smasandian
Crowbar rules all.
The Marine could hit him in the head with his flashlight but risk losing light unlike Gordon who has built in flashlight because he's smart.

dark1365
Freeman's suit is pretty tough actually.

SaTsuJiN
he could also just splash the marine with Ant Lion pheremones and sit back, enjoy the show

FistOfThe North

Well Gordon has faced against just as tough as enemies, in similiar setting, simliar circumstances with similar weapons.

Also, Gordon went through platoon's of Special Forces, which are better trained and tested than Marine's who do guard duty.

And also, the Marine has air and its probably really cold due to no power and that

Mars is actually bloody cold.

I dont know how can you compare the combine to Demons. And compare the last leader of Doom3 to that administrative old guy who was getting pimped daily by the combine.

And you talk about gay, Gordon had that asian chick all this time and didn't even f*** her or kiss her or nada. She was giving him the looks and signals and everything through-out the whole thing. Nerd!lol

I dont ever remember Gordon fighting in hell. In labs, elevator shafts and sunny beaches yea. But no way in hell. No pun intended.

Special Forces? lol The Marines next to the Navy Seals are the most dangerous fighting force on the planet. The fight to murder only. Special Forces just do tasks and operations. Marines are sent in to kill only. The national guard does guard duty.

The marine often runs out of air? Thats BS he always run out of air. And how can hell be cold due to no power?lol

Hell is actually bloody burning hot.

DEFCON One
ok, since their is some controversy i will lay out the fight better.

They are fighting in an urban situation. Neither has the gravity gun or the BFG. Who wins

SaTsuJiN
gordons occupation is in theoretical physics.. it really has nothing to do with him being so good at killing things.. its just his human instinct that helps him thrive.. his intelligence just keeps him alive longer than average..

With the above given situtation.. its hard to say as you didnt give any weapon selections... health stations or area based hazards (radiation, fire.. gas etc.)

FistOfThe North
Gordon just looks intelligent..

And only the strong survive.

Smasandian
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I dont know how can you compare the combine to Demons. And compare the last leader of Doom3 to that administrative old guy who was getting pimped daily by the combine.

And you talk about gay, Gordon had that asian chick all this time and didn't even f*** her or kiss her or nada. She was giving him the looks and signals and everything through-out the whole thing. Nerd!lol

I dont ever remember Gordon fighting in hell. In labs, elevator shafts and sunny beaches yea. But no way in hell. No pun intended.

Special Forces? lol The Marines next to the Navy Seals are the most dangerous fighting force on the planet. The fight to murder only. Special Forces just do tasks and operations. Marines are sent in to kill only. The national guard does guard duty.

The marine often runs out of air? Thats BS he always run out of air. And how can hell be cold due to no power?lol

Hell is actually bloody burning hot.

Well, there is a first Half-Life without the Combine. So yeah, the enemies are somewhat more difficult than the second game.

Umm no. The Marine is a basic land military force in the US. Special Forces is the Rangers, Delta and Navy Seals, who are more trained and selected from weeks of training to become "Special Forces".
True, the National Guard does do guard duty. But in Doom 3, the main character is doing guard duty. Thats the whole point of why the Marine is there.

And what game did you play? Out of about 20 hours of gameplay in Doom 3, only one level was set in hell. Everything else was set in Mars. Mars is the main location of the Doom series. Mars is damn cold.

And you mention only the strong survives? Well, in both games Gordon has single handily ended an invasion and started a revoultion against oppression.

Both the Marine and Gordon have similiar backgrounds, plots and whatnot. Its all about the weapons and intanagibles. Gordon has the better weapons and because he's more intelligent scientifical and in the real world. Gordon would have him. And also his suit is better than the Marines.

DEFCON One
in the doom3 expansion there will be a weapon similar to the gravity gun, which could even the score a little bit. except that the expansion follows a different marine than the original

Smasandian
True, but HL2's gravity gun rules all gravity gun's.
Doom 3's Grabber (or whatever its called) is a complete rip off.

FistOfThe North
Well, in both games Gordon has single handily ended an invasion How did Gordon end the invasion in Half Life 2?

How'd he end the combine invasion..?

He destroyed that tall building out of many of those same buildings that exist all around the world while at the same time sacrificing himself and the chick.

The combine's still around while Gordon isn't. (or shouldn't be after that roof top blast)

C'mon. He got annihilated atop that building when it nuked. His "suit" sure couldn't help him then? He dies with the suit on if he gets scratched enough..

He ended nothing. He's so smart, right?

The Marine all the way.

DEFCON One
Freeman didnt die. He was taken away by that one dude who stopped time at the very end. Plus, that "one building" was the main center for the combine. He took out their core

ChickinMeat
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
How did Gordon end the invasion in Half Life 2?

How'd he end the combine invasion..?

He destroyed that tall building out of many of those same buildings that exist all around the world while at the same time sacrificing himself and the chick.

The combine's still around while Gordon isn't. (or shouldn't be after that roof top blast)

C'mon. He got annihilated atop that building when it nuked. His "suit" sure couldn't help him then? He dies with the suit on if he gets scratched enough..

He ended nothing. He's so smart, right?

The Marine all the way.

you obviously didnt pay attention to the story at all.

and to back up what everyone else said, the marine is low compared to special forces, which gordon opened a can of whoop as on.

if he can cream spec-ops, he can pulverise a lowly marine.

SaTsuJiN
Yeah, G-man stopped time and took gordon away for "Other purposes" which he is "not at liberty to discuss" .. so obviously the whole combine thing is a walk in the park compared to what G-man has in store (possibly for HL3).. in any case.. if the story resumed after gordon was transported out of there.. alex probably died, and without the main reactor connecting the combine nexus to thier "Benefactors".. the city would swiftly come to free itself via the rebels leftover (at least thats my guess)

Smasandian

And you mention only the strong survives? Well, in both games Gordon has single handily ended an invasion and started a revoultion against oppression.

Fists of North, learn how to read because I said as stated above, that he has ended an invasion and started a revolution.
If you have played the first ****ing Half Life, you would of seen that he has stopped the invasion.
In the second game, he was the librator of City 17 by himself. He cut off the Combine's supply line and presumbly from the Gman- stoped the invasion (buts thats all speculation). If you paid attention, he didnt die at the end of the second because the Gmans stopped time and said that Gordon was wanted for other projects that Gmans employers want him for.
Also, it was an explosion and nonbody knows the extent of the explosions so Alyx could of survived. It wasnt a meltdown but an explosion.
Maybe you should actually play the first game and then replay the second.
Also, Hell is tough but so is Xen, in its mysterious ways. Sure, Mars is hot but you have unlimited adrenline and you never get tired (as stated in the PDA's in Doom 3), but in Xen is just as tough without any bonuses aside from health pits and jumping puzzels (ah jumping puzzels.)

FistOfThe North
Fists of North, learn how to read

If you have played the first ****ing Half Life, you would of seen that he has stopped the invasion.

If I offend you and get you really upset and extremely emotional enough for you to try to offend me then there's nothing I can do about that.

there's nothing I would want to do cause I don't care. I just thougtwell, I don't use degradations towards him but he uses them on me because I have the opposing view.

If I truly think the Marine will win, then thats what I think. Is it ok for me to pick him? The thread asked the question and I'm answering it directly. I'm not braking any of this posts rules and yet this is said to me.

Calm down. Relaxlol

lol, oh man. I still got the Marine. If thats ok..

Smasandian
Well, you didnt read the post correctly. Im sorry but you didnt.
I could care less if you have opposing views. But if you say something and I think that your wrong, I'm allowed to go against that.
I'm sorry that I said about the reading comment.

FistOfThe North
np

dave123
Play nice guys or the thread gets closed erm

dark1365
They made up, no worries dave.

ChickinMeat
GROUP HUG!!!

dave123
group Good good happy

Vrakanox
Can the marine use the artifact? Cause i mean if he can use the artifact then he would just win hands down.

Smasandian
what artifact?
the Soulcube?
Because he used to soulcube, he would have to kill Gordon 5 times to actually use it.

Vrakanox
Yeah the soulcube is charged when you first get it.

Smasandian
True.
But, the Soulcube can only used to kill demons in the games. The game repeatbly said it was a weapon against the demons. So, Freeman aint a demon so its utterly useless.

dave123
But surely a razor sharp box flying at you is still do damage....

Smasandian
Yes it will.
But it needs to "warm up" and only attacks demons. You hit "Q", and the thing flies off to whatever is a demon.

ChickinMeat
man i still havnt had the chance to play doom3 properly, damn my computer!

dave123
Yes it will.
But it needs to "warm up" and only attacks demons. You hit "Q", and the thing flies off to whatever is a demon. I've played the xbox version, and the cube can be thrown even when no monster's are about.... so surely it won't move out of the way of Gordon?

Machete_Guy
is the xbox version any good?

dave123
I enjoyed it thumb up

Smasandian
True, but does it do anything?

It might hit him but thats pretty unlikely.

shangheid
I'd have to go with freeman on this one raver

Hit_and_Miss
with the expansion pack, The doom guy got a new Artifact...
1) inviciblity
2) bullet time
3) one hit kill punches

Gorden would get owned

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.