Green Lantern vS Ironman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Green Lantern vS Ironman. who do you think.

gautam
GL

Hoshi
that fight already happened , and GL won

dawsey28
Green Lantern. Iron-Man is limited.

http://jerome.galica.free.fr/marvel/Avengers/iron%20man/tonyanimironman.gif vs http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Green%20Lantern/GreenLantern_HalJordan.gif

armandovalles
If GL is Hal or John, then GL wins easily. If GL is Kyle, its a good fight, but GL would still win. If GL is Guy, it would be a good fight but IM would win.

Jason8200
IM could not beat GL no matter who it is... GLs have cosmic powers... Its like putting Batman against Silver Surfer.

cool_livi_101
Duh...........GL

Superherovandal
Originally posted by Jason8200
IM could not beat GL no matter who it is... GLs have cosmic powers... Its like putting Batman against Silver Surfer.

No its not because Batman has a weapon that could destroy LT with ease in that omniversally powered utility belt. laughing out loud

Creshosk
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Green Lantern vS Ironman. who do you think. Did Ironman just powerblast right through GL's attack in that picture? Is that even possible?

Creshosk
Originally posted by Superherovandal
No its not because Batman has a weapon that could destroy LT with ease in that omniversally powered utility belt. laughing out loud What the f**k? Batman doesn't have anything that could beat SS. . but uh. . what is LT in this case?

Superherovandal
hello can I spell it out for you any other way he has his writers.

seaapple
Iron Man is versatile, but not immediately so. Tony has to go home, tinker, invent something new, then he can go out and do something different.

As said above, GL is versatile in a cosmic sense. There is always, I suppose, a small chance that a GL could be outsmarted. It's not quite as extreme as Batman vs. Silver Surfer (I mean even is Surfer could be asleep and batman couldn't do anything), but that is sort of the idea.

leonidas
hmm, i a bit surprised this is so overwhelmingly in gl's favor. a number of opponents have proven able to handle and smash gl constructs. im's arsenal is vast and very powerful. i do wonder if im could somehow absorb gl's energy? he absorbed ss's energy and ko'd him (though was ko'd in return). he's also beaten thor by absorbing HIS energy. ss was easily able to beat gl, so i think this battle is closer than many think. i'd say 50/50.

jrodslam
Originally posted by leonidas
ss was easily able to beat gl, so i think this battle is closer than many think. i'd say 50/50.

Uhh when was this? And which GL was it?

life is cruell
i think hes talking about the marvel dc crossover with the two brothers

juggernaut74
Well if Surfer could not abosrb GL in the crossover then IM surely cannot.

GL should win 10/10.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Well if Surfer could not abosrb GL in the crossover then IM surely cannot.

GL should win 10/10.

Who said anything about absorbing energy?

-edit- Oh.

juggernaut74
I knew my response would draw your attention or kgkgs'

Read the thread and then you will know.

Cosmic Cube
Tony has a chance. This isn't Iron Man vs Parallax.

leonidas
<<Tony has a chance. This isn't Iron Man vs Parallax.>>

thanks cc. thought i was going crazy . . .

and ss beat gl (kyle) twice without much effort. and ss couldn't absorb thor's energy either. in fact, ss RARELY absorbs ANYONE'S energy. he usually dodges and blasts back. im has a definite chance in this - even if he CANNOT absorb gl's energy.

juggernaut74
<<Tony has a chance. This isn't Iron Man vs Parallax.>>

thanks cc. thought i was going crazy . . .
. If you think IM can beat GL you just may be.

leonidas
in his new armor, tony is cl100 str. he has enormous invulnerability and an arsenal of powerful weapons. he's gone mano e mano against all of marvel's baddest apples. it has been shown many times in the past that gl's shields/constructs CAN be broken. i'm not saying gl isn't tough, but im is one of marvel's toughest as well. you're selling him short if you think gl beats him handsdown everytime. tell me how exactly you think gl can beat im so easily.

juggernaut74
It just seems plausible that a weapon created by the oldest beings in the galaxy would outclass a weapon created by a gifted earthling.

It just makes sense.

Creshosk
Originally posted by juggernaut74
It just seems plausible that a weapon created by the oldest beings in the galaxy would outclass a weapon created by a gifted earthling.

It just makes sense. Outdated technology? wink J/k. . .

I'm not going to make a claim on this fight until its answered if the OP's picture could happen. . .

jrodslam
and ss beat gl (kyle) twice without much effort.

Please tell when.

And to Creshosk about the OP's picture. Im not sure if that was an actual battle or a made up picture. But theres not doubt that a GL constructs could be broken. It all depends on how dense the wearer makes it. Hal has on occasion made constructs that couldnt even be broken by Superman himself.

I love both GL and IM, but i have to say GL wins 7/10 times. Depending on the GL ofcourse.

Creshosk
Originally posted by jrodslam
Please tell when.

And to Creshosk about the OP's picture. Im not sure if that was an actual battle or a made up picture. But theres not doubt that a GL constructs could be broken. It all depends on how dense the wearer makes it. Hal has on occasion made constructs that couldnt even be broken by Superman himself.

I love both GL and IM, but i have to say GL wins 7/10 times. Depending on the GL ofcourse. That's a fanart picture . . but I was wondering if it could actually happen . .

And I heard one time about GL's weakness being related to the color yellow? What the f**k?

seaapple
Iron Man is in the upper echelon of mostly earthbound heroes. A tough character no doubt. But Green Lantern is intergalactic.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Creshosk
That's a fanart picture . . but I was wondering if it could actually happen . .

And I heard one time about GL's weakness being related to the color yellow? What the f**k?

Yea it could happen depending on the density of the construct GL makes.

Kyle was the only GL who didnt have the yellow weakness originally

Creshosk
Yea it could happen depending on the density of the construct GL makes.

Kyle was the only GL who didnt have the yellow weakness originally What exactly is this "yellow weakness"? What the f**k?

jrodslam
What exactly is this "yellow weakness"? What the f**k?

Parallax was. The Guardians traped him in the main power battery on OA for millions of years. That was the yellow weakness or impurity of all power rings.

Parallax is a yellow entity that is made of living fear. When hal absorbed the central battery on OA, he absorbed Parallax along with everything else. After that, anyone who got a new power ring (Kyle) no longer had the weakness.

In GL Rebirth, its finally established that there is no more yellow weakness. All the GL's including Hal, John, Guy, Kilowog now know what "Fear" is because they faced it head on. Therefore they understand how the impurity worked, and no longer have the weakness.

Creshosk
Parallax was. The Guardians traped him in the main power battery on OA for millions of years. That was the yellow weakness or impurity of all power rings.

Parallax is a yellow entity that is made of living fear. When hal absorbed the central battery on OA, he absorbed Parallax along with everything else. After that, anyone who got a new power ring (Kyle) no longer had the weakness.

In GL Rebirth, its finally established that there is no more yellow weakness. All the GL's including Hal, John, Guy, Kilowog now know what "Fear" is because they faced it head on. Therefore they understand how the impurity worked, and no longer have the weakness. What did it entail though?

jrodslam
What did it entail though?

Huh?

Parallax always exsisted since the begining of time. Causing terror through the Universe. The Guardians who are the protectors of the universe, trapped Parallax in the main power battery on OA. All this happened waaay before the GL corps.

After that, they decided to create the Corps who had only 1 weakness which was yellow(Parallax). Because all GL's charge their rings via power battery, they also absorbed the weakness.

Becasue Hal wanted soo much power, he went to the main power battery and absorbed all the power, taking in Parallax as well. It also released the "impurity" which was "yellow" from the battery as well.

Now Parallax = Yellow impurtity is free from all GL's. Eventhough theres only 5 GL's left lol.

Hope i explained it well.

Cosmic Cube
Parallax had possessed one of the Guardians. Hal forced Parallax back into the battery. Where did it say GL's are no longer weak against yellow?

jrodslam
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Parallax had possessed one of the Guardians. Hal forced Parallax back into the battery. Where did it say GL's are no longer weak against yellow?

1. At the end of Rebirth #6, all GL's are attacking Parallax without any problems. When they had the inpurity, the rings wouldnt work on anything Yellow. As an attack that is. Maybe as a defence.

2. GL Rebirth #2, Green Arrow asks John "They dont still have that problem with yelow anymore do they?"

John then replies "Not since the original central bettery was destroyed."

Thats when the impurity was released. No more yellow weakness.

3. In GL Rebirth #5, John says "And your rings" cause they were infected againt Parallax and couldnt use them against him. Hal then says "Remember fear, and you can shake of Parallax."

Yes Parallax is back in the main power battery, but the GL's now know what fear is thus it cannot affect them anymore. And moreso sneak up on any of them as it did Hal.

leonidas
<<Please tell when>>

obviously surfer beat gl in the BIG x-over, but he was also shown to be the more powerful of the 2 in the one shot with thanos and parallax. there is also an old gl villain, black hand, who was able to absorb gl's ring energy. maybe the idea's not so far-fetched . . .

<<It just seems plausible that a weapon created by the oldest beings in the galaxy would outclass a weapon created by a gifted earthling.
It just makes sense.>>

that's a . . . strange argument. so you mean you believe no earthling is capable of creating a device/weapon that can defeat gl's ring? hmmm . . .

jrodslam
IM doesnt have the time to think of a weapon that could do that. With about a month of prep its possible, but also doubtful.

Gl still wins.

Creshosk
IM doesnt have the time to think of a weapon that could do that. With about a month of prep its possible, but also doubtful.

Gl still wins. Since prep time wasn't specified by the OP its also a

Prep time: (Mostly depends on which GL) But Ironman has a chance
No prep time: GL?

jrodslam
Theres always a chance. Thats why i say GL wins 7/10.

leonidas
<<Gl still wins.>>

sometimes . . . smile i like them both. tony's got the edge in experience and tactical knowledge, gl may have the edge in overall power. still, i say gl wins 5/10 with kyle wearing the ring. mostly because i'm having trouble coming up with scenarios where EITHER one actually ko's the other! unless im CAN absorb the energy (and if he can absorb ss power cosmic, why NOT gl energy?), then its obviously a completely different battle . . . i think this is a great match up, but i appear to be in the minority. oh well . . .

bertran
jrodslam, don't think you're quite getting the gyst of leonidas' argument.
It was originally proposed that since GL's ring was created by the oldest beings in the galaxy and IM's armour was created by an earthling that IM's armour would have NO WAY of defeating GL's ring.
What Leonidas then said was based on that argument you must think that nothing created by any earthling has a chance of defeating GL's ring.
Now, if you believe that (and it does seem extremely far-fetched) then you will agree that GL will win everytime.
But if you DON'T believe it then you must believe that it IS possible for a weapon or device created by an earthling to POSSIBLY defeat GL's ring.
If you then believe that then perhaps it's possible that IM's armour could do the job. Whether it could or not is still up for debate obviously.

Hope that made some kind of sense..

One side note: might be releveant, maybe not. Cavemen were around long before us. Pretty sure though that our weapons could defeat theirs. :-) Not the greatest analogy, I know, but had to throw it in there anyway.

Cosmic Cube
Theres always a chance. Thats why i say GL wins 7/10.

I can agree with those odds, though perhaps they should be slightly higher in GL's favor.

Prep-time would certainly swing the battle moreso in Iron Man's favor.

jrodslam
Originally posted by bertran
jrodslam, don't think you're quite getting the gyst of leonidas' argument.
It was originally proposed that since GL's ring was created by the oldest beings in the galaxy and IM's armour was created by an earthling that IM's armour would have NO WAY of defeating GL's ring.
What Leonidas then said was based on that argument you must think that nothing created by any earthling has a chance of defeating GL's ring.
Now, if you believe that (and it does seem extremely far-fetched) then you will agree that GL will win everytime.
But if you DON'T believe it then you must believe that it IS possible for a weapon or device created by an earthling to POSSIBLY defeat GL's ring.
If you then believe that then perhaps it's possible that IM's armour could do the job. Whether it could or not is still up for debate obviously.

Hope that made some kind of sense..

One side note: might be releveant, maybe not. Cavemen were around long before us. Pretty sure though that our weapons could defeat theirs. :-) Not the greatest analogy, I know, but had to throw it in there anyway.

Lol ok i see. Theres no doubt in my mind that IM's armor can beat GL's ring. I wasnt the one who said that nothing created by an earthling had a chance of defeating Gl's ring. That would be very noobish of me to say that. Im just saying that IM loses alot more than he wins.

I do say IM can win. Only 3 times out of 10 imo.

bertran
Hey jrodslam, I know you didn't post it originally. :-)
I think juggernaut74 did (forgive me if i'm screwing up that handle, or getting the poster wrong). I can even see what he originally meant by the argument, but when you look at it the way we just have it does seem to lose it's validity.

leonidas
thanks, b. that's EXACTLY what i meant. i was just too damn tired to stated it any more clearly . . .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.