Phantasy Star Universe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SaTsuJiN
Phantasy Star Universe

Publisher: Sega
Developer: Sonic Team
Platform: PlayStation 2
Genre: Online RPG
Origin: Japan
Release: Winter 2005

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0503/universe_00.jpg

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0503/universe_02.jpg

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0503/universe_01.jpg

Official Site : http://phantasystaruniverse.com/

Courtesy of www.the-magicbox.com , we see three new screenshots from sonic teams PSU website..ts really looking nice so far.. and being a big fan of the Phantasy Star Online series, I hope there are alot of new refreshing elements in terms of gameplay. So what do you PSO fans think? Will sonic team deliver or fall flat on their face?

SaTsuJiN
eek.. more screenshots, and its lookin hotter by the minute big grin

http://the-magicbox.com/0504/game050428f.shtml

TrAnCeDuO
droolthis game looks great!

too bad its only for ps2 though...down

Phoenix Aska
this game will be much better than PSo on the xbox and gamecube version for two main reasons

1. No more HACKERS! which means everyone will hae to play legitly..people cauhght or reported being hacked will be permanently banned

2. No more DUPERS!

which means people will actually have to look for their rare items...

this is good because on PSO there are alot of fake hacked garbage people going around with their boxed characters with hacked weps and armor thinking their badass...and it's dumb that dupers can get lots of weapons because they have an action replay.

Sova D. Nagi
It looks like it be one very excellent game.
No more cheaters and hackers that is sweet. eek!

SaTsuJiN
My friend went and supposedly played the demo on the floor at e3.. he said controls are really similar to PSO.. and that the stages are like 10 times bigger and feel populated by the organic life.. I asked if there was a jump or dodge button but he said the old layout of fast > heavy > special is still there.. although I personally hope they complicated it more than that.. he claims he was too excited to notice anything new about it (the controls I mean).. but mentioned that it was 40% complete

Benjio
Hey, it looks awesome.

Have you guys been playing Blue Burst while waiting for Universe?

SaTsuJiN
Magic box has released some new images of PSU

http://the-magicbox.com/0506/game050611d.shtml

SaTsuJiN
More images of PSU

http://the-magicbox.com/0508/game050806a.shtml

SaTsuJiN
http://the-magicbox.com/0601/game060104c.shtml Some new images and a release date for japan

the game will be coming to both PS2 and PC on February 16 in Japan.

SaTsuJiN
http://the-magicbox.com/0602/game060206e.shtml

New images and monthly payment info

crazy_shadow
turns out it's going to be on xbox360 too ^.^

it's said hopefully on october 2006

SaTsuJiN
I believe the Xbox 360 version will not be on the same network as the Ps2 and PC linkup

I havent seen any new media about the game though

crazy_shadow
oh well, as long as I can get online with tons of other players.....I'm fine...Is Phantasy Star online for the old Xbox? If so I'm going to try and get it....BWAHAHA

SaTsuJiN
lol yes there is PSO for xbox.. but I believe you have to pay sega to play offline and online (not too sure..) ... thats in addition to your xbox live fee

IcePunk
I think the game would draw a lota' more attention if it had better grafics IMO, they've only tuned up the old motor, man, they're being lazy.
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
lol yes there is PSO for xbox.. but I believe you have to pay sega to play offline and online (not too sure..) ... thats in addition to your xbox live fee
I have the GC version and I dont have pay a penny to play offline so I doubt there's any extra fee on the xbox version

InnerRise
Did anybody see the Trailer on G4 today of this game on E3?

The song that was playing during it kind of turns me off but at the same time I like it.

is it comprehensible.....

SaTsuJiN
No I havent seen anything new about it.. o_O.. if the song was a turnoff .. thats a bit of bad news..

so they just mentioned all the typical info?... or did they say anything about it worthwhile?...

InnerRise
They said nothing memorable about it to me, but I recorded that part when it came back on again b/c of the song, so i'll watch it again and let you know.

InnerRise
I just cut it back on and it's just a trailer for the game. They say nothing about it.

sorry.

crazy_shadow
demo was just released for the xbox 360 live marketplace. come get it man, my friends said it ROCKS, so im downloaidng it right now

SaTsuJiN
so how is it ? o_o

crazy_shadow
SO FAR SO GOOD

crazy_shadow
sorry for the double post but i had to say this...

ITS FREAKING ADDICTING AS HELL MAN, im not even in a party, and im freaking addicted, holy shit im buying this ONCE it comes out

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by crazy_shadow
sorry for the double post but i had to say this...

ITS FREAKING ADDICTING AS HELL MAN, im not even in a party, and im freaking addicted, holy shit im buying this ONCE it comes out I cant tell if thats good or bad news for me.... the first pso was like crack .. laughing out loud

crazy_shadow
this one is the same way, too bad it expires on the 18th (the demo). the game releases on the 24th smile

crazy_shadow
so...who else got it shifty confused

Blax X
Magic box has released some new images of PSU

http://the-magicbox.com/0506/game050611d.shtml

http://the-magicbox.com/0506/psu3.jpg

mmmm Jedi....

crazy_shadow
lol seems they dont even know what the extra platform their missing is...

"Platform: PlayStation 2, PC"

SaTsuJiN
lol.. those were like the 2nd ever batch of SS's for PSU .. really old

FeceMan
Can anyone go into detail how the techniques work in PSU compared to PSO?

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by FeceMan
Can anyone go into detail how the techniques work in PSU compared to PSO? to tell you the truth, it's VERY VERY similar to PSO...same fighting techniques

FeceMan
Originally posted by crazy_shadow
to tell you the truth, it's VERY VERY similar to PSO...same fighting techniques
I heard they were tied to weapons--could you go into detail on this?

SaTsuJiN
all weapons have PP (photon points?), the forcers need the PP of their weapons to use the techs

because the photon points govern the use of techs, photon arts, and bullet skills (and also just normal bullets).. once this runs dry you must use a photon booster to restore pp, wait for pp to regen, or pay at a photon cube to restore the energy of one or all weapons.

honestly I dont know how to specifically use techs (spell casting).. but considering the game no longer has TP... this is the only way I could think it can be done.. and from what I know, hunters cant use them.

FeceMan
all weapons have PP (photon points?), the forcers need the PP of their weapons to use the techs

because the photon points govern the use of techs, photon arts, and bullet skills (and also just normal bullets).. once this runs dry you must use a photon booster to restore pp, wait for pp to regen, or pay at a photon cube to restore the energy of one or all weapons.

honestly I dont know how to specifically use techs (spell casting).. but considering the game no longer has TP... this is the only way I could think it can be done.. and from what I know, hunters cant use them.
This makes me sad. I liked the old TP system.

SaTsuJiN
yeah but considering the game goes at a faster pace, I like the concept

I might make a FO soon just to see exactly how casting is done

crazy_shadow
whats TP

wait you got the game now too??? xbox360?

SaTsuJiN
PC o,o

crazy_shadow
aww...damn...the hackers matrix you're messing with there >.>

FeceMan

If you do so, elaborate, please. Maybe that will heighten my interest.

K73SK
just beat the story line. the beginning of it was pretty gay, but after about half way it's gets really interesting. i only continued it because i wanted to know where the hell the online story was leading to. unfortunately, it doesn't prove jack, so i guess the true guess lies online sad

dirkdirden
got the game for Christmas and so far am not enjoying it. I like creating my own character and I don't get to. I did some reading and say there is an extra mode that will allow me to create my own character. Can someone explain the Extra mode a little so I can see if I want to play that or pay 9.99 a month to play online by myself so I can create a character.

K73SK
Originally posted by dirkdirden
got the game for Christmas and so far am not enjoying it. I like creating my own character and I don't get to. I did some reading and say there is an extra mode that will allow me to create my own character. Can someone explain the Extra mode a little so I can see if I want to play that or pay 9.99 a month to play online by myself so I can create a character. it's the same as online except u don't play with millions of players, no expert classes, and holiday rappies.

dirkdirden
Originally posted by K73SK
it's the same as online except u don't play with millions of players, no expert classes, and holiday rappies.

Thank you. Looks like I don't need to go online I can stay an offline hermit.

K73SK
Thank you. Looks like I don't need to go online I can stay an offline hermit. if it's for the 360, online is pretty damn addicting. because just communicating with a lot of the people is fun. the only thing i despise online are the ass holes who kick you out of their game, because they're like "HES LOW LVL, HE'LL DIE!" but they don't realize that you have like 10 scape dolls...

dirkdirden
Originally posted by K73SK
if it's for the 360, online is pretty damn addicting. because just communicating with a lot of the people is fun. the only thing i despise online are the ass holes who kick you out of their game, because they're like "HES LOW LVL, HE'LL DIE!" but they don't realize that you have like 10 scape dolls...

Yeah I played PSO for 2 years the addictiveness of the game is one reason I'm not going to take it online this time. the good thing about PSO is that you could level up your character offline before bringing him online, but that allowed easy hacking which hurt the quality of game. Is the hacking under control in PSU? If so I might go online after I pass story mode for a few months just to check it out.

K73SK
Yeah I played PSO for 2 years the addictiveness of the game is one reason I'm not going to take it online this time. the good thing about PSO is that you could level up your character offline before bringing him online, but that allowed easy hacking which hurt the quality of game. Is the hacking under control in PSU? If so I might go online after I pass story mode for a few months just to check it out.

oh yeah, they made it where you can not bring offline characters online. the 360 has had no hacks (known) yet. and we hope it wont happen for a long time stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.