Anyone else worried about knowing SO MUCH ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spitweety
With May arriving pretty fast..I'm starting to worry a little bit about if knowing so many things will ruin or not my ROTS experience...

Actually, I'm a "Padme fan" and wanted to know everything about her role, her demise etc....so I did not pay attention to the details like who the hell is Grevious and what does he do in the movie, and stuff like that.

I know the basic story, Palpatine/Anakin dialogue etc...and saw that pic recently of Padme's face in her coffin- which I sooo did not wanted to see.... embarrasment

Actually I knew pretty much the whole story of AOTC, and I don't recall anything negative about being spoiled, I actually had downloaded the end of the movie on Kazaa and watched a little bit of the Arena scene just a few hours before going to the theatre LOL

How about you, do you think it will ruin your experience being so spoiled ?

ab2421
I worry a little about it... but in the end, if the movie's good, you'll just be excited to actually see it play out. So it may spoil your initial experience, but after that, it won't really matter"

Jedi Priestess
Ive managed to stay away from both the graphic novel (comic) and the book excerpts thus far. I don't want to know that much because I know it would take something away from the movie for me.

amity75
I think everyone knows the basic structure of the movie. We can't get away from that but it's all the small bits I've managed to remain ignorant to that are going to blow me away.

Darth_Duffy
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Ive managed to stay away from both the graphic novel (comic) and the book excerpts thus far. I don't want to know that much because I know it would take something away from the movie for me.

exactly what ive done. All these comic strip extracts floating around are too much for me. and im becoming frustrated with some peoples lack of spoiler tags too mad

stefaan
Yes, your point is very good spitweety. I never knew so much about a film before it's release so i wouldn't know how it is but i do not hope it's like watching a DVD for the second time, i know too much so i restrict myself from spoilers and only talk on topics like this. I just hope i can hold on 1,5 month doing that smile

Red Superfly
I just hope we haven't seen all the best bits, and are now just waiting for the crappy bits to fill it in.

stefaan
Yes indeed, but maybe it's also cool to see the word and pictures together into real movieshots

Lord Tyrant
I'm worried as well.

Red Superfly
I'm hoping Lucas has kept one pivotal scene tightly close to his chest.

I'm thinking mech Vader, red saber in hand, finishing off the remnants of the Jedi Order and bringing the Jedi Temple to the ground.

Oh I am the king of wishful thinking.

Jedi Priestess
Indeed, given that Pabs has said there is no suited Vader action Red. sad

vader519
i am really not that worried, I think we all know the basis of what is going to happen.

IRON EDDIE 666
Im not worried in the slightest. I went in to TPM and AOTC with the same level of spoilers and it didnt affect my enjoyment one bit. I went into TPM after listening to the audio book. It ment that when i saw the film, i had a better understanding of what was going on (eg political scenes which if i remember right were explained in depth in the book) and improved it for me if anything. The audio book can outline the entire story for you, but it can give a sence of the visual experience.

For AOTC, i went in having read the graphic novel. Again, it didnt spoil my enjoyment. It gave a sence of of how every thing would look, but no sence of timing or feeling.

Same applies here. It hasnt spoiled the plot for me because it was already preatty obvious what would happen. Besides, in the prequels, there arnt any major plot suprises and you can easily see what is coming up when you watch the film.

Im certain i'll enjoy the film just as much from the spoilers as going without.

Darth Jello
after finding out how dark the movie is, it kind of made me think, do I really want to see this? I've grown quite fond of a lot of people who are killed in the movie.

stefaan
Red Superfly, change your m*therf*cking Avatar and Tagline right now.
You stupid moron! Act normal!!!

Darth_Nefarus
I want to know everything possible, because I like to make films. I have an idea in my mind how things are going to work, and I'm anxious to see how George Lucas will do it.
I read the book for AOTC, and the movie was a lot better for me.

bilb
Well, I'm with Jp on this one ( i know you, are all shocked right? laughing ) . Any new pics I want but no graphic novel or audiobook for me. And from what I understand from friends who have listened to the audiobook there ARE still some surprises to be seen....

Creechuur
Its almost April. If you havent made a conscious decision to either soak up every piece of info you can (like me), or stay the heck away from anything that even remotely looks like a spoiler, then I have no pity for you, you fickle bastards.

bilb
laughing

Darth_Nefarus
I like spoilers though...
Besides how else would we make pointless threads and argue over who's better than who over the net

BAILY
it wont ruin the experience by knowing wtf is going on in the movie... it helps me enjoy it more... then I dont get confused over stupid little plot details... and the next thing you know.... you sat there wondering the purpose of GG in the movie and you missed the entire Duel...

ragesRemorse
I heard han solo is going tomake an appearance in episode 3. Is anyone else as excited as me right now. I mean i think putting han solo in themovie would just be a nice touch. yeah, i thiunk george lucas had good idea on doing that decesion.

Darth_Nefarus
Han being in the movie would be pretty sweet, as long as he doesn't see anyone using hte force.

Three Owls
putting han in it sounds really really bad to me...It would kind of ruin his class and his coolness to see him as a dorky little kid.

and besides...it was cut out before they starting shooting, I thought

Darth_Nefarus
I see what you mean, but if Han like whooped up on some clone troopers and had a bad ass line, I'd think it was okay.

ShadowKing
OMG... being old school, I can say that it should not ruin the experience as long as the movie is good. I read the book and the 1st issue of the comic before OT Star Wars came out and it still kicked a$$!. TPM and AOTC looked great, still looks great but (imho) suffered from poor editing, lighting, and cinematography execution.

"...what's in there?"

"...only what you bring with you..."

bilb
HAN SOLO IS NOT IN THIS MOVIE!!!

He'd be what, like 5? That was a silly rumor that was flying around before principal shooting ever began...

Uber_God
han solos father will be tho

Luke Skywalker!!!!

bilb
oh no... lol

Uber_God
This might sound stupid since he died back in 1977 but i think we might see obi wan kenobi smile

bilb
NO WAY!! Get Out!! stick out tongue

Uber_God
Im glad you get a sense of humor bilb
last time i did that i got flamed like a steak on a barbie

DARTH STEVIOUS
I like to know a few spoilers but i have tried to stay away from some pics and plot spoliers. I think that it is good to know a few so then u can sit back and relax and take the movie in the first time without worring that u missed some thing plus to get excited is the best bit cause once u have seen it, its over u will know every thing and this is the last one.

Imaginary
Originally posted by BAILY
it wont ruin the experience by knowing wtf is going on in the movie... it helps me enjoy it more... then I dont get confused over stupid little plot details... and the next thing you know.... you sat there wondering the purpose of GG in the movie and you missed the entire Duel...

That's why you see it more than once wink

Gangularis
I think there's going to be some good suprises still.. i'm trying to avoid knowing too much more

Red Superfly
Originally posted by stefaan
Red Superfly, change your m*therf*cking Avatar and Tagline right now.
You stupid moron! Act normal!!!

No. Don't tell me what to do.

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Anybody got complains about my Avatar and sig too, mine are as old as raisins!
RS...I think you should be admired for staying original as you don't feel the need to change it every week.
LOL...

Red Superfly
Well I don't care what anyone else thinks. People who don't like my tagline and avatar are probably the same people who find the likes of South Park and Family Guy offensive too. They deserve to be offended.

Mist
i wanted to know the main story so i wouldnt get disappointed with delsions of granduer.

Mist
Originally posted by bilb
HAN SOLO IS NOT IN THIS MOVIE!!!

He'd be what, like 5? That was a silly rumor that was flying around before principal shooting ever began...

nah...hed have to be older than that. its only 20yrs before anh, and hes gotta be like 30 in that.

Imaginary
Originally posted by J.M FcThumbs-Up
Anybody got complains about my Avatar and sig too, mine are as old as raisins!
RS...I think you should be admired for staying original as you don't feel the need to change it every week.
LOL...

Mine are older... changing my sig soon though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.