sidious face

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jediapprentice5
Sidious' face is changed because Sidious is actually a sith lord from many years ago maybe even thousnds and he has mastered a dark technique to "live" without a body, but im not sure if he took over palpy or if he created him somehow

ctsketch
incorrect, Its been confirm by Pablo of Lucasfilm that Siduous IS NOT ancient. his disfigurment is caused by his battle with Mace

Darth_Duffy
joined the forum, made a brand new thread with a bold statement that was totally wrong!
welcome! laughing

Morridini
Originally posted by ctsketch
incorrect, Its been confirm by Pablo of Lucasfilm that Siduous IS NOT ancient. his disfigurment is caused by his battle with Mace

That's why he is looking like that yes, but I think it has been stated that he is infact very old.

guiro72
erm, visual dictionary says mace deflects lightning into palpatine's face which causes him to "reveal his true face"......so it's both really......also recently revealed that he is at least 100......

PVS
Originally posted by guiro72
erm, visual dictionary says mace deflects lightning into palpatine's face which causes him to "reveal his true face"......so it's both really......also recently revealed that he is at least 100......

correct guiro. i read that the reflected force lightning 'unmasked' sidious. either way, nothing implies that mace causes palps' disfigurment.

btw, too many people here are misquoting on this forum. interpritations of some quotes will vary, thats a given. but that is not the case here.

pablo said that palps is not as old as the republic. that doesnt discount the
theory that he is old as dirt. so please people, dont misquote the source or you create misinformation and do a disservice to us all.

Jedi Priestess
PVS says this of course cause he and I have a bet $$$ on that topic. wink stick out tongue

PVS
i dont recall actually making that bet...ok fine then double or nothing it is.
i'm telling you jp, you need to get one of those blackjack tattoo's that say 'born to lose', because you are quite the reckless gambler stick out tongue

but we have to be clear on this--i realise palps is not as old as the republic, but my bet rests on the idea that he is far older than any human can age naturally. (to say the least).

Jedi Priestess
I think the magic number was 500 was it not! And do you like my location? eyes

PVS
laughing out loud i have a stalker eek! not that you're my first, but by far the sexiest naughty

but NO, i dont bet on 500 years old...nice try stick out tongue
i just predict that he has aged well beyond natural limitations.
could be 200 years, could be 500.

Jedi Priestess
Well I think we need to have some number here. And thanks for the compliment. wink

PVS
no number. i made my bet. you cant take it or leave it at that stick out tongue

i think when i win these bets im going to be just like eric cartman. ill have it all broken into singles and shower myself with your money, and post pictures laughing out loud

"YEEEEEEEESSSS!!!! *throws money up in the air* JP'S MONEY *rolls around in money* YAY!!!!!!!!!"

stick out tongue

Jedi Priestess
Oh hush......well I'm saying the man isnt a day over 110. stick out tongue

PVS
ok, ill simplify the terms. i believe it will be revealed that palpatine uses the power of the darkside to keep himself alive. it will be clear that he should be dead from old age or whatever, and that he is able to preserve his own life. same goes for mech vader. vader's life will be sustained as well, not wholly because of the iron lung, but especially because of his use of the dark side.

if i'm wrong in that entire statement you win your $$$ back. if not...i have to go buy a kiddie pool, and change those bills into quarters... so that i may swim in your money laughing out loud stick out tongue

what do you say?

Omegaman
Yeah, I feel that Palpatine has been using the dark side to disguise himself, the fight with Mace weakens him enough for him to have to drop his "veil' of Palpatine. I also agree with the theory that Palpatine is very old(100+) but how old is the question/ My question is why did he wait so long to start taking over? Waiting for the chosen one to be revealed maybe?

Jedi Priestess
Ok PVS you are on. IF its explained that Sids is beyond normal human age because of the dark side you win. If there is no explanation I win.

ryano
HE IS OLD BUT I BELIEVE HE LOOKS VERY OLD ORIGINALLY BUT THEN HE FIGHTS MACE ANDHE LOOKS OLD THEN HE FIGHTS YODAAND GETS HURT (HENCE THE WALKIN STICK) AND LOOKS ANCHIENT

PVS
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Ok PVS you are on. IF its explained that Sids is beyond normal human age because of the dark side you win. If there is no explanation I win.

*virtual handshake*

you're on

Darth Subjekt
WHOA WHOA WHOA JP......im not in on this bet but if theres no explanation, then theres nothing to prove either of you right or wrong.....but youre trying... stick out tongue i got your back PVS cool . Nah im kidding....but PVS im surprised that you didnt say anything about the fact that his FIRST post was also his first thread....i feel a great disturbance in the force.....stick out tongue

PVS
well, if im incorrect, there would be no explanation. for example sidious wont say "the dark side has not enabled me to stay alive when i should be dead". so the odds have to remain against me...i think ill be proven right though. big grin

bilb
Have you ever been wrong yet PVS? EVER? laughing

jk, you know I love Ya!!

PVS
Originally posted by bilb
Have you ever been wrong yet PVS? EVER?

never. no expression

stick out tongue

bilb
you know, i actually hope you lose this bet! I cannot WAIT to see you have to eat crow!! laughing kisses

PVS
don't get your hopes up stick out tongue

rouge leader
Originally posted by Darth_Duffy
joined the forum, made a brand new thread with a bold statement that was totally wrong!
welcome! laughing

Dude wuts ur prob-I don't wanna start nething but you have a freakin problem with every1 who juss joined-i started a thread asking people whether they want david prowse or hayden christensen- maybe im wrong(dont quote me on those exact words) but does the fact that uve been a member of this site for awhile (more than a week) mean that u shud juss go around tossin ur opinions around-this is a forum ppl can say n thnk wut they want-if u really want sum1 2 kno they're wrong just tell them without being an *******! Just becuase sum1 just joined this site doesnt mean that they cudnt kick ur ass 2 next tuesday in star wars trivia.

Obi-OneManShow
"does the fact that uve been a member of this site for awhile (more than a week) mean that u shud juss go around tossin ur opinions around"

No, but the ability to spell and to NOT start stupid threads does...

All hail: THE ALLMIGHTY SEARCH BUTTON!

PVS
Originally posted by rouge leader
Dude wuts ur prob-I don't wanna start nething but you have a freakin problem with every1 who juss joined-i started a thread asking people whether they want david prowse or hayden christensen- maybe im wrong(dont quote me on those exact words) but does the fact that uve been a member of this site for awhile (more than a week) mean that u shud juss go around tossin ur opinions around-this is a forum ppl can say n thnk wut they want-if u really want sum1 2 kno they're wrong just tell them without being an *******! Just becuase sum1 just joined this site doesnt mean that they cudnt kick ur ass 2 next tuesday in star wars trivia.

misquoting and spreading misinformation is a great diservice to this forum.
this guy did just that. whether or not it was purposeful i dont know, but it still needed correcting. if you cant handle that, then perhaps you should go here:

www.supershadow.com

now please, can we cut the drama, or is this going to be n00b uprising #99?

bill9d9
PVS:

My guess is n00b uprising #99 from the way things have been going here today.

Darth Plagueis
Ugh...PVS, I clicked that link to verify that the site was down, as was reported here a couple days ago.......not the case.... no

phinney6
I think sidious is 322.54 years old. hehehe

Obi-OneManShow
Dude, you got it all wrong; it's 322.45 years. Moron!

PVS
seriously though, my guess is between 200 and 500 years old

phinney6
Na-ah George Lucas told me! lol

Anyway, I find that most newer posters are cool. I do not mind them starting topics, or stating their opinions, however far-fetched they are, they shouldn't be beat down. and niether should anyone else. But I DO MIND them when they disrespect me, I mean i think I've earned some respect from new posters for how long I've been here. So I say let the newer posters post their opinions and then RESPECTFULLY tell them theirs or prove them wrong, dont just get in a pissing contest with them because it will never end. I remember when i first started coming here in 2000 (WAY BACK with ez board) and everyone was nice and respectful, this goes for both parties. Lets be nice, respect others' opinions then have intelligent arguments over them. AGREE TO DISAGREE

phinney6
Originally posted by PVS
seriously though, my guess is between 200 and 500 years old

I'd say thats about right, I really do think its around 350 to 400 or so.

Gangularis
Anyway, i read in an insider magazine that palps is about 1,000 years old.. i swear to god, lucas said it.

i gave the reference to which issue, and page number a while ago, but i'm not sure where that's at anymore.

Obi-OneManShow
Originally posted by PVS
seriously though, my guess is between 200 and 500 years old So, in theory, he could be Yoda's genetically enhanced cloned great-grand child?

PVS
Originally posted by Gangularis
Anyway, i read in an insider magazine that palps is about 1,000 years old.. i swear to god, lucas said it.

i gave the reference to which issue, and page number a while ago, but i'm not sure where that's at anymore.

you are so funny. no expression see i cant laugh right now because my brain is temporarily parylised from the hilarity of that post. its so funny that it hasnt even hit me yet no expression but just wait, any moment ill start laughing wildly and maybe even piss my pants no expression wait for it....

phinney6
lets play nice

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.