Rogue (Sage Upgrade) vs. the Hulk, Iron-Man, Jean Grey, Thor and Dr. Strange

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69

pr1983
Dumbest upgrade ever....

but i say the others, they've been using their powers for years, rogue has no experience using those powers to their fullest...

Draco69
True. However Rogue has access to their memories, which includes their experience.

stormfront13
WOW!!! rogue could beat like almost everyone w/ those powers

Scoobless
you have Silver Surfer in the Rogue absorbed list........ i didn't think she could do that............. with all those powers she could beat pretty much anyone

Draco69
She didn't. She only absorbed certain memories. It didn't really work. Go to uncannyxmen.net. I got the list from there. It's much more complete.

Nataku8188
Strange could create mystic defenses to protect Jean and hulk from any mental/physical attacks, while Jean forces hulk into a state of anger so unparalleled that he simply smashes rogue like a bug.

Draco69
Maybe. She absorbed the magical abilities of many magicians though. She absorbed the Hulk as well.

stormfront13
well imo rogue wins cause she will know an attack before it happens(destiny) can turn into people and confuse her enemies(mystique) will have extensive magic knowlege(scarlet witch and spiral) and a healing factor(sabertooth) and can become intangible(shadowcat) idk she will be a super powerful telepath(xavier,rachel grey) and have top level telekinesis(psylock). idk it seems like rogue w/ all these powers is unstoppable. does she have her own absorbation ability in this??

Draco69
Yes. Although she already absorbed most of them barring Iron Man and Dr. Strange.

stormfront13
yeah iron-man might be a problem.

black wolverine
rogue would probley die absorbing all tjhose powers she would have to get hella healing powers first and she cant absorb hulk hulk is yto powerful to be aborbed like dat

Draco69
Read the first post for clarification.

Pepito
Although this is not relevant Rogue lost her power upgrade. Also she still has very little control over this power. Magneto's persona nearly overpowered her when she used a fraction of his power and she would not be able to use the Surfer's powers since

a) She never used them in her battle with Vargas or Khan

b) She never absorbed his powers properly

Rogue was very poor at controlling her powers or the duration of the ability and thus the Defenders win.

stormfront13
if you guys read the first post correctly it states that she has complete control over these powers

Draco69
That's all true. Except for small detail. Rogue never absorbed Silver Surfer. Just a dash of his memories. Go to uncannyx-men.net for further details.

a) She was severely weakened when she faced Vargas. The ruby crystal literally absorbed every drop of energy from her while she was protecting Gambit. She couldn't move without risking her lover's life. Vargas took this opportunity to stab her in the heart. She was barely recovered when she faced Vargas. Her upgrade was useless since the crystal absorbed all of her energy. Rogue never faced Khan. He was in a completely different dimension while Rogue was protecting Gambit back on Earth

B) This irrelevant. The crystal literally stole her powers along with her absorbed ones. Vargas abilties were never fully explained. He was resistant to her touch as some others have been.

She used her powers quite effectively. She combined Storm's and Iceman's blast to create an icestorm. She combined Wolverine's claws with her optic blasts to slice her way through an army. She even combined Storm's power with Magneto's to create a powerful electromagnetic impulse that knocked out all the communications.

DigiMark007
errr...the Pheonix is in that list of absorbed people...that alone would take them all down.

It's been said earlier, but I'll repeat it....(pauses for best comic-book-guy impression)

Dumbest. Upgrade. Ever.

-DM

Draco69
Originally posted by DigiMark007

Dumbest. Upgrade. Ever.

-DM

Claramont wrote it. What did you expect?

Alpha Centauri
Hahahaha.

The X-Men are too lame.

-AC

stormfront13
i always thought she would be able to use the powers of people she absorbed but i thought she would have a limit as to how many people she could absorb ou just use one power at a time. but anyway imo rgue wins

Alpha Centauri
Regardless of upgrade, she isn't beating Hulk, Jean, Iron-Man, Thor and Strange.

Get a clue.

-AC

stormfront13
did you see that list?? she would have strength, magic knowlege, a very powerful telepath, healinh abilities, stromg energy based abilitles, can become intangible, can see any attack befoore it comes, and will have psionic scrambler. in that list it says that she already absorbed thor and jean. i think she can beat them regardless of what you think

Pepito
Originally posted by Draco69
That's all true. Except for small detail. Rogue never absorbed Silver Surfer. Just a dash of his memories. Go to uncannyx-men.net for further details.

a) She was severely weakened when she faced Vargas. The ruby crystal literally absorbed every drop of energy from her while she was protecting Gambit. She couldn't move without risking her lover's life. Vargas took this opportunity to stab her in the heart. She was barely recovered when she faced Vargas. Her upgrade was useless since the crystal absorbed all of her energy. Rogue never faced Khan. He was in a completely different dimension while Rogue was protecting Gambit back on Earth

B) This irrelevant. The crystal literally stole her powers along with her absorbed ones. Vargas abilties were never fully explained. He was resistant to her touch as some others have been.

She used her powers quite effectively. She combined Storm's and Iceman's blast to create an icestorm. She combined Wolverine's claws with her optic blasts to slice her way through an army. She even combined Storm's power with Magneto's to create a powerful electromagnetic impulse that knocked out all the communications.

I meant in the general battle against Khan and his forces. You dont need to combine Storm and Magneto's powers to make an emp blast. Magneto can do that easily on his own. And if she's so powerful she could do a number of things throughout the story like: merely snapping the sword of Vargas on impact when he impaled her, shorting out the kinetic absorber, telepathically crushing Vargas's mind, etc etc.

Rogue never demonstrated that much power so she loses. After all Surfer can just manipulate anything she throws at them and Strange can bind her powers quickly.

Pepito
b

stormfront13
pepito surfer isn't in this

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by stormfront13
did you see that list?? she would have strength, magic knowlege, a very powerful telepath, healinh abilities, stromg energy based abilitles, can become intangible, can see any attack befoore it comes, and will have psionic scrambler. in that list it says that she already absorbed thor and jean. i think she can beat them regardless of what you think

Yeah but that's bullcrap isn't it?

Just another desperation manuever by X-Men writers to save an ailing quality team.

Regardless, she isn't beating all those people.

-AC

Draco69
Originally posted by Pepito
I meant in the general battle against Khan and his forces. You dont need to combine Storm and Magneto's powers to make an emp blast. Magneto can do that easily on his own. And if she's so powerful she could do a number of things throughout the story like: merely snapping the sword of Vargas on impact when he impaled her, shorting out the kinetic absorber, telepathically crushing Vargas's mind, etc etc.

Rogue never demonstrated that much power so she loses. After all Surfer can just manipulate anything she throws at them and Strange can bind her powers quickly.

She made a lightening storm and an EMP blast at the same time. Combination of both.

As I said before, Rogue was DRAINED. The Ruby crystal used to open the dimensional doorway drained her of her powers. That's why when Gambit ordered to fry an optic blast or "super-spit", she couldn't because the crystal drained her. Do really think Rogue with Magneto's powers would let Vargas stab her with a METAL sword? She was a proverbial sitting duck.

Surfer isn't in this fight.

Dr. Strange could most certainly bind her powers. However he has to work against the mystical might of several archmages inside her.

It would be a close fight in my opinion.

Draco69
Originally posted by stormfront13
i always thought she would be able to use the powers of people she absorbed but i thought she would have a limit as to how many people she could absorb ou just use one power at a time. but anyway imo rgue wins

Not with Sage. Rogue literally turned into Marvel's Amazo with Sage's upgrade.

stormfront13
ok well i still think she will give these defender guys real trouble and possibly beat them

Infinity Watch
U forgot Phoenix I. Rouge absorbed her too. What would Mojo do? make her fat?

BENITO

DarkCrawler
He didn't absorb the Adamantium.

fr0z3n
Isn't iceman like unkillable now? So does that mean rogue has access to that kinda power (does her "iceman power" upgrade itself.. sounds stupid if it does)? if she's absorbed him after he became unkillable, we have a physically unkillable rogue.. then she has phoenix powers to take care of psionic attacks and mysticals like scarlet witch to help out with dr. strange.. i know scarlet witch is NOoooooooo way near Dr. strange.. but with all the powers combined rogue does stand a chance of beating them..

Victor Von Doom
The team would take her down.

Alpha Centauri
It's not Rogue is it? It's Rogue plus an unbelievably cheap and desperate, unneccesary upgrade.

She isn't all of those characters rolled into one. She has vague access to slight powers. She'd lose. Look at who she's facing. Let's stop greasing up the X-Men please.

I'm quite sick of Claremont's "We can't actually produce good stories so we'll just make the characters stupid" technique.

-AC

kgkg
AC you really hate the X-men don't you?

K3VIL
This is dumb.Now Rogue is practically a god.

Draco69
It was temporary. Only lasted for one issue. She's lost all of her powers now. She can only absorb. No super-strength or flight.

hoorayforpeepee
dumb?unquestionably.

but rogue is just amazo with a much weaker past incarnation and in the hands of everyone's least favorite writer.

her powers are just as valid as anybody elses: it is a stupid evolution of the character but it is still the same as anyone else getting a power upgrade.

its actually pretty much the same as phoenix. relatively powerful mutant becomes insanely stupid strong.

this "Uber Rogue" is the same concept as superman prime, only in the hands of a much worse writer. this incarnation of rogue can be shown as "uber rogue" rather than rogue, much the same as "pc superman" or "superman prime" becomes noticably different than "superman".

but yeah, rogue wins assuming her body can handle all that power.

and yeah, this is a VERY stupid upgrade (but still valid)

Alpha Centauri
No KG, I don't hate the X-Men.

They were my joint favourite comic growing up, back when they were good and realistic.

Then Claremont obviously got pissed off that they weren't as good and revered as he'd like them to be and instead of consistantly writing better stories to push them to the front, he took the cheap way out and just gave them upgrades.

They're just the pic n mix cash cow of Marvel. None of their characters without some ridiculous upgrade are anything special, powers wise.

-AC

Pepito
These posts are getting really stupid. People are just writing things regardless of whether they are true or not. Rogue has absorbed many people's powers but she never absorbed several archmages or others that everyone seems to assume she has. Also she he still has to resist turning into them when she overloads. Let's leave it at: Vargas had the ability to stab Rogue and she was drained by a machine which Gambit managed to resist for days. Thus she isn't that powerful.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.