Silver Surfer vs. Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nimbus006
If i'm being ignorant on this let me know, but so far i havent seen any evidence to indicate one being stronger than the other... i mean both possess cosmic powers, and are class 100 strength, so who wins?

Linkalicious
Thanos wipes the floor with Silver Surfer.....almost regularly.

Thanos' source of power isn't "cosmic"...it's scientific. Odin points this out and proclaims his mystical powers far greater than anything level Thanos could reach. But Thanos stands up to Odin and puts up one hell of a fight.

Thanos steps to Odin

Silver Surfer steps to Thor

see the difference?

nimbus006
ok thanx Link... that helps clarify things

Infinity Watch
Thanos will make him look like a silver sl*t.

kgkg
silver surfer already battle Thanos

the result was, SS was no match for the mad titan

Beyonder
Surfer = Thanos' Monday & Wednesday punching bag
Thor = Thanos' Tuesday & Thursday punching bag
Drax = Thanos' Friday & Saturday punching bag

On the last day (Sunday), Thanos' rest...not because he's tired but 'cause he wants to wrestle with Mistress Death.

MERCILOUS
Hasn't Sufer gotten a victory over Thanos though? I'm not disagreeing with anyone one on Thanos' side I just think Surfer's actually done it before, and on his own to the best of my memory.

jplatinum
Surfer is a pretty alright superhero. I kinda don't like his suit though, but he does have some nice powers. I just don't think that he would win against thanos unless thanos didn't have the gauntlet or the power gems. Surfer has the power to go toe-to-toe with him, but if he has the gauntlet and the gems, then surfer is wiped out.

Arachnoidfreak
Originally posted by Linkalicious
Thanos wipes the floor with Silver Surfer.....almost regularly.

Thanos' source of power isn't "cosmic"...it's scientific.

Not 100% true. Says someplace(forget where, I think Adam Warlock said it) that Thanos gets his cosmic powers from a seperate realm of existence. Dark Realm or something stupid sounding like that.

DarkCrawler
Hey, is that an artist's vision of a planet in your sig? Saturn?

Arachnoidfreak
No clue. Just thought it was cool. It might be a made up place for all I know.

DarkCrawler
Yeah, it looks cool.

ZephroCarnelian
Yeah, Thanos' powers are from another dimension - but he draws on them with tech. Just like using a radio lets you tune in to radio waves, that's what his tech does to the energy of other dimension.

Surfer's amazingly powerful, but remember what the creator of Thanos said when he was asked this question:

''Is Thanos stronger than the Hulk?''

''Probably - Thanos is kinda in a league of his own.''

Stronger than the strongest hero - kinda puts it in perspective lol...

Oh - and JP - Thanos doesn't need the gems or the IG - he's powerful enough without them to slap Surfer. Using them is just Overkill lol! big grin

Linkalicious
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
Not 100% true. Says someplace(forget where, I think Adam Warlock said it) that Thanos gets his cosmic powers from a seperate realm of existence. Dark Realm or something stupid sounding like that.

True...

This is from the first paragraph of Thanos' bio on marveldirectory.com:

Bionic implementations = what I said

Meditation = what you said.

It's how he taps into that dimension.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.