Something We Haven't Heard About Yet ... I Think

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ahnold
Hello all,

Btw - mods, feel free to close this thread if it is of no relevance. Apologies and thanks.

Someone I know had the distinct pleasure of working as an extra on Episode 3 during re-shoots {the lucky guy stick out tongue }. He told me that he plays one of Bail Organa's bodyguards in a scene that also involves Obi-Wan {this guy even got to meet Ewan McGregor in person!}. Does anyone know anything about this scene {i.e. its purpose, its place within the movie, etc. etc.}? Does someone perhaps even have a picture of it? Sorry to ask, but I've heard nothing about it.

Thanks a lot.

Ahnold

LandoSpeeder2
Their's nothing to know about the extras

Ahnold
What about the scene itself? I haven't heard anything about it before ...

PVS
i dont think you will know till may19
good luck to your friend, i hope he doesn't land on
the cutting room floor wink

Ahnold
I don't think he will {at least I hope not}, considering that he was present for re-shoots ...

LandoSpeeder2
That would suck if he did, get all excited and end up being cut out of the movie, I'd be like, "just put me in it for the hell of, I'm not going to destroy the movie am I".

Darth_Nefarus
Well, we know Obi-Wan, Yoda and Bail meet to discuss what to do with Anakin's children.
That could be it?

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by Ahnold
What about the scene itself? I haven't heard anything about it before ...

Well you outta now. Just ask your friend. Is he SW fan, about 77% of SW extras are.

BAILY
It is when Obi and Bail enter the Senate after Order 66 is initiated... the Blue Guards stop Bail and ask security clearance... Obi has a disguise on so the Guards and possibly Clones dont realize he is a Jedi

Ahnold
My friend was very sketchy on the details. He mentioned something about Bail saying that the Jedi would be sent to a detention colony, and said that Obi Wan uses the Jedi mind trick {in fact, he told me that the first time he saw Ewan do that in the rehearsals, he couldn't help but grin - he's a massive SW fan, you see big grin !}.

bilb
Bail & Obi are in several scenes together from what I understand, so if you give a few more specific details we might can help you out cool

Ahnold
I've told you all I know, I'm afraid.

BAILY
Put your trust in what I say bud... I am prolly 60% right... considering what you told us... it involves that scene or ones after it

Ahnold
Alright then ... I trust ya.

GCG
well, if Bail is a witness to the youngling's murders then yes, its plausible for him to have bodyguards....

Ahnold
Bump!

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Ahnold
Um, no one then huh ...

Ahnold
Well, I suppose I'll just have to wait 'till May ...

Ahnold
Bump!

First of all, my apologies for bumping this thread so long after the release of the movie {and even the DVD}; I've been away from the KMC for the past 6 months, y'see, and this was the first chance that I've had to do so in all that time - so this is not just a case of me bumping just for the sake of it ...

As you might've guessed from my description of the scene in question, it did sadly end up on the cutting room floor {and, unfortunately, isn't even one of the deleted scenes on the DVD}. My friend, understandably, was gutted.

I am still trying to understand, however, how this scene originally fit in with the rest of the movie, and am at a loss to do so. Perhaps someone here can help me?

To clarify matters, I am reproducing a post of mine from the James Bond forum {shameless plug - please visit the 007 forum stick out tongue !}. I was recently able to probe my friend for more details regarding the scene that he was in, and I hope that this extra information helps. The post that follows also effectively summaries the information that has already been stated in THIS thread regarding the scene in question {so at least now you don't have to scroll back through the entire thread to understand what's going on}. Enjoy.

PVS
damn...i hope i didnt jinx him by saying that confused

Ahnold
Originally posted by Ahnold
I can at last reveal all regarding this "lost" scene from Episode III which my friend appeared in. I should warn you, though - this scene does not even appear on the DVD, and appears to have been part of an alternative cut of the movie that was ultimately scrapped; I say this because the scene which he related to me seems to contradict some of the things that happen in the version of Episode III seen in theatres and on DVD ...

In the film, my friend said that he played one of Bail Organa's bodyguards in a scene with Obi-Wan Kenobi. According to him, Bail said something to Obi-Wan to the effect of "All the Jedis should be sent to a detention colony", at which point Obi-Wan uses the Jedi mind trick on Bail to convince him otherwise ...

As I said, this scene seems to be at odds with the rest of the film; specifically, it appears to contradict Bail Organa's established character traits. Why exactly would Bail Organa, a staunch pacifist and supporter of the Jedi, suggest that they be sent to a detention colony? And to Obi-Wan, no less? Could he have been persuaded into suggesting this course of action by Palpatine in an earlier version of the movie?

What's even stranger is that this scene was filmed during re-shoots, which is surely a time when a director knows precisely what direction the overall story is taking, and hence exactly what scenes need to be filmed? It just makes no sense for Lucas to film a scene like this during re-shoots that has no relation to the final storyline whatsoever!

And before you ask - trust me: I do know for a fact that my friend WAS on set for the London re-shoots. He didn't make this stuff up stick out tongue !

Ahnold
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
Well you outta know now. Just ask your friend.

Is he SW fan? About 77% of SW extras are.

Thanks for the tip, OB1-adobe; as I said in my earlier post, I did indeed probe him for more details regarding this scene recently ...

He is indeed smile . He said that he had a blast working on Episode III {well you would, wouldn't you stick out tongue }, and even got to meet Ewan McGregor in person! I laughed out loud when he relayed the story to me: apparantly, he ran into Ewan in a lift on the set, at which point McGregor, being the friendly sort of chap that he is, smiled, turned to my friend, and introduced himself, saying "Hi, I'm Ewan". My friend then shook his hand, laughed, and said: "Uh, yeah ... I know who you are, mate ..." stick out tongue

Ahnold
Originally posted by Darth_Nefarus
Well, we know Obi-Wan, Yoda and Bail meet to discuss what to do with Anakin's children. That could be it.

It is not this scene, no. We all know now that THIS scene does indeed appear in the finished movie {though there were no bodyguards present during it}, whilst the one my friend was in does not.

Originally posted by BAILY
It is when Obi-Wan and Bail enter the Senate after Order 66 is initiated... the blue guards stop Bail and ask for security clearance... Obi-Wan has a disguise on so the guards and possibly clones dont realise that he is a Jedi.

Originally posted by BAILY
Put your trust in what I say bud... I am prolly 60% right. Considering what you told us... it involves that scene or ones after it.

I am not so sure confused ...

Ahnold
Originally posted by The New History
That would suck if he did {end up on the cutting room floor}; to get all excited and end up being cut out of the movie ... I'd be, like, "just put me in it for the hell of it - I'm not going to destroy the movie, am I?".

That's how he felt too stick out tongue . And it gets worse ...

This year, my friend has appeared as an extra in not only "Star Wars", but also in "Batman Begins" {during the scene with Katie Holmes in the hallway outside the courtroom}, and in "Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire" {during the Quidditch world cup sequence}. On the one hand, I feel really envious since he had such a great experience working on all three films; on the other hand, though, I feel really bad for the guy as he can't be seen in the other two films either ...

Ahnold
Originally posted by PVS
Damn... I hope I didn't jinx him by saying that ...

Hmmm ... well THAT would mean that I jinxed him around 10 times more than you did wink ...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.