Family Guy vs Simpsons

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DEFCON One
which is superior

my vote is Family Guy

SlipknoT
Old Simpsons > Family Guy
New Simpsons < Family Guy

PeaveyROcker
well i like both shows alot and i watch them all the time. i would have to say its tie for me. they both Kick Ass

Jackie Malfoy
I like them both.THey are both real cool!jm thumb up ferns_05

liam k
Family guy by far

el barto_1
the simpsons is ten times as funny as family guy

DeVi| D0do
I haven't seen Family Guy on NZ TV in ages!

but yeah, Simpson's is better big grin

IceWithin
simpsons!!

TheFanboy
Tuff call, Family Guy versus the classic Simpsons episodes from season 4 to 10 is tricky but I like Family Guy more then any of the new or really old Simpson episodes.

DeVi| D0do
Simpsons seasons 3-8 are pure gold! absolutely Flawless!

freemind
I would have to say The Simpsons. Family guy is still awesome I just prefer The Simpsons.

1ost soul
Family Guy.. thumbuptv_happy

Swanky-Tuna
For the most part, I prefer any Simpons over Family Guy. The exception is that episode Alpha posted. That was a fine episode of FG.

tomsgurlz
Definately Family guy. Come on who can not resist Stewie. DAMN YOU ALL!

BAILY
Originally posted by SlipknoT
Old Simpsons > Family Guy
New Simpsons < Family Guy

Exactly!!

dark1365
Simpsons

ayjay
family guy is alot seedier..which is funny!...but simpsons is pretty satirical..which i like...they both good in my books!

crip walker
family guy crushes simpsons.
as stewy says 'DAMN YOU ALL'

CRIP WALKER

Alpha Centauri
The Simpsons has the edge in the sense that they've had much more time to become part of our society and lives. They're world renowned.

Family Guy is better though.

-AC

vagaryatwill
Family Guy gets my vote.

Pablo G
The old Simpsons episodes are better than Family Guy but the new ones are inferior to both Family Guy and the older Simpsons

Huulhaal
the simpsons crashes family guy by far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
family guy was just copy of simpsons, simpsons are way better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bardock42
I have to say Faily Guy is just so much funnier....yes Simpsons was good and they are Classics but Family Guy are 100% Funny...there's not one second you can stop laughing....plus for a Social Critical Show, Simpsons is way too soft.......Family Guy and South Park.....and even Futurama surpass it easy.....

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by el barto_1
the simpsons is ten times as funny as family guy

You out your goddamn mind

Huulhaal
Originally posted by
I have to say Faily Guy is just so much funnier....yes Simpsons was good and they are Classics but Family Guy are 100% Funny...there's not one second you can stop laughing....plus for a Social Critical Show, Simpsons is way too soft.......Family Guy and South Park.....and even Futurama surpass it easy.....
family guy is not funny at all, it just tries to be funny but it just turns out stupid

Deano
the simpsons will always be number 1

Bardock42
Originally posted by Huulhaal
family guy is not funny at all, it just tries to be funny but it just turns out stupid

Yeah right..I forgot...no wait...it is freaking hilarious........granted I caln love aoot the classic Simpsons Episodes...they are ok..but up till now every single Family Guy episode surpassed every Simpsons Episode.......just think aboot the Damn Chicken...or the Evil Monkey....or Peter holding his Knee for ****ing 2 Minutes......its so great.....

Inspectah Deck
Family Guy is way better than The Simpsons. The new Simspons episodes, you hardly get a laugh any more

papabeard
There might not have been a Family Guy if it wasnt for The Simpsons, and I do enjoy the simpsons, but Family Guy has more of an edge is funnier and more irreverent and surreal.

I dont own any Simpsons DVD's but I own all the Family Guy DVD's.

TBAPb
I gotta say,theres no contest.Simpsons is original,witty,with great style in everything-music,drawing,voices,characters..Family Guy is a cheap rip off of simpsons with cheap cliched attempts to be funny,with queer south park-ish nastiness,ridicilous Stewie,ridicilous Brian,really weak intro wich is like Simpsons' circus one only its the same for every episode,and the song is so pathetic..I mean,there are occasionally very funny bits in it,but the series in itself,the whole concept,is bad tasted and sloppily executed parody on Simpsons.

Council#13
I laugh whenever i see either, but i think that family guy kinda copied the simpsons.

Henrik1991
uhhhh... had one

i would say family guy but the new episodes of simpsons is also very good

Silverstein
i grew up watching simpsons everday but Family Guy is superior, its so damn FUNNY!! both simpsons and family guy use stupid humor, but Family is more funny. the simpsons try but no way.

fave episodes of family guy
-Pawtucket Patriot brewry tour
-griffins reality tv

i cant laugh at the simpsons' jokes cuz i watched family guy, anything less than family guy material just doesnt cut it for me anymore

Council#13
Simpsons are still better

TheQuincy
Family guy I must say surpasses the simpsons. It doesn't matter if the simpsons has been on longer. You can sit and watch Family Guy and laugh without hesitation, but with the simpsons, you have to get to know the characters in order to get laughs. It also doesn't matter if Family Guy was inspired by The simpsons either.

The Ones
FAMILY GUY BEATS EVERY SINGLE EPISODE OF SIMPSONS!!

Silverstein
The only reason the simpsons might be better than family guy is because most of us probably grew up watching the simpsons.
-But Family Guy is more funnier. I laugh practically every minute watching it. The best moment is when mayor Adam West is protecting Quagmire and he cant stop laughing!

Solo
Family Guy is better than the new Simpsons. The old Simpsons own on Family Guy though.

Council#13
Why does everyone like the old simpsons? sure they're good, but honestly i like the new ones

Prince Nauj
the old simpsons are funny and the new ones suck @ss
family guy rocks though

Silverstein
the old simpsons werent funny, but they were entertaining. Family guy owns though. Whoever thinks simpsons is better tahn family guy has no soul

Wolf Dog
Phh. You mean whoever thinks Family Guy is funnier than the Simpsons obviously doesn't TRULY "get" the Simpsons humor thus, is missing out bigtime. But i can't explain it, it's like Socrates, you'd think i'm ridiculous and i'd be killed. The point is, Simpsons is better than Family Guy.

Silverstein
well, when I watch family guy its so easy to "get" the jokes, you can just sit down and watch it for the first time and get everything. Theres so much funny moments in one episode of family than what, 5 episodes of the simpsons.

Wolf Dog
Yah, its great for cheap laughs i admit it. But its quite forgetable in my opinion. The jokes i mean. The Simpsons is timeless. Plus Family Guy makes too much pop culture references so its like you have to be some kind of pop culture genious to catch all of it which sort of hurts it.

DanZeke25
the SImpsons hasn't made me laugh for a while now. Its just not good anymore. South Park is 100x better than both anyway.

Silverstein
Originally posted by Wolf Dog
Yah, its great for cheap laughs i admit it. But its quite forgetable in my opinion. The jokes i mean. The Simpsons is timeless. Plus Family Guy makes too much pop culture references so its like you have to be some kind of pop culture genious to catch all of it which sort of hurts it.

the simpsons are great, no doubt, but i still think family guy is better. Those pop culture references are what makes them so damn funny. Im not sure if you have to be a genious. Family guy laughs are never forgetable.

00.y
Well, this is like trying to pick between water and oxygen:

You can't live without either, so what do you pick?

Dr. Strangelove
I'd go with Family Guy. The Simpson's was amazing in the 90's but the last 5-7 have been crap. It's the same jokes and plots recycled over and over and over.

Family Guy at least brings new ideas for jokes to the table.

Magee
Family Guy is undoubtedly funnier than The Simpsons but The Simpsons are legendary, end of.

Silverstein
Originally posted by 00.y
Well, this is like trying to pick between water and oxygen:

You can't live without either, so what do you pick?

ill take oxygen and substitute water for juice, pop or something else. Family guy =oxygen

BlueLightning
'87-'97 Simpsons beats Family Guy, but Family Guy beats '98-'05 Simpsons.

Silverstein
yeah, the old simpsons...but nowhere near funnier -

The Ones
Family guy and South park are my Favourite Comedy shows. Both are much better than the simpsons. i recently watched an episode of the simpsons afte not watching it for a long time and it was just stupid and crap. i didnt laugh at all

Council#13
Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove
I'd go with Family Guy. The Simpson's was amazing in the 90's but the last 5-7 have been crap. It's the same jokes and plots recycled over and over and over.

Family Guy at least brings new ideas for jokes to the table.

Well by the ninties, the simpsons had already done hundreds of episodes. and how are things getting old? let's see the family guy ppl keep up their cartoon up to current standards (dont get me wrong family guy is great)

_Sanctuary_
Simpsons definetley.

Silverstein
Originally posted by Council#13
Well by the ninties, the simpsons had already done hundreds of episodes. and how are things getting old? let's see the family guy ppl keep up their cartoon up to current standards (dont get me wrong family guy is great)

Simpsons is starting to incorporate more pop culture stuff more than ever now. Like those football announcings commentating about homer and marge doing it. Not even funny though. While in family guy you have stuff like peter just talking about Boba Fett and its hilarious, i dunno how family guy comes up with all their humour, it is amazing.

Hegemon875
Family Guy is funnier IMO but for some reason I look more forward to a new simpsons episode than family guys ones. I guess since their show has been around so long I dont just watch it to laugh out loud but to simply follow the story. And I normally hate to watch a rerun of an old episode of any show but for some reason the simpsons is an exception. So I would have to say the simpsons for me.

Silverstein
Originally posted by Hegemon875
Family Guy is funnier IMO but for some reason I look more forward to a new simpsons episode than family guys ones. I guess since their show has been around so long I dont just watch it to laugh out loud but to simply follow the story. And I normally hate to watch a rerun of an old episode of any show but for some reason the simpsons is an exception. So I would have to say the simpsons for me.

ya, i dont watch simpsons for laughs either, more just enjoy the characters. I like re runs depending on the show: Fresh Prince, Alf...those are good

Council#13
Family Guy is good, but the humor is far less subtle than the simpsons

Council#13
What am i talking about, Family Guy rocks, but i like simpsons just a tad bit more

CodeLyokoFan
let see FAMILY GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RULES!!!!!!!!!!clapclapcla
pclapclap

xyz jedi
F A M I L Y G U Y ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Peter: I'd say come again, then I'd laugh because I said cum.

Homer: D'oh do'h do'h I'm a big fat idiot.

The Ones
I picked a random episode of the simpsons from my DVD's and watched it. Didnt laugh even for 0.1 seconds. i watched a random episode of family guy and laughed for 20 minutes. Literaly

Silverstein
Originally posted by The Ones
I picked a random episode of the simpsons from my DVD's and watched it. Didnt laugh even for 0.1 seconds. i watched a random episode of family guy and laughed for 20 minutes. Literaly

same here, i can never stop laughing at family guy. I only watch simpsons for the story now, and now the plotline in the simpsons are getting as thin and short lived as my laughter when they do a joke(on the simpsons).

TwisterGameX
Simpsons is better than family guy if you take the past simpson eps of 4 seasons and halloween specials..it's not fair to say family guy beats simpsons because it only had 4 seasons and only the 4th so far seemed funny as hell to me and random old ones. simpsons is what 16 plus seasons...yeah they suck now but still.

-hh-
i like the older Simpson episodes. Overall, Family Guy is better.

Lana
I love the Simpsons, but Family Guy is much better. I can see the same Family Guy episode 10+ times and still never fail to laugh at it.

xyz jedi
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
Simpsons is better than family guy if you take the past simpson eps of 4 seasons and halloween specials..it's not fair to say family guy beats simpsons because it only had 4 seasons and only the 4th so far seemed funny as hell to me and random old ones. simpsons is what 16 plus seasons...yeah they suck now but still. what are you talking about? All Family Guy episodes are great. Ilove death and the chicken.

Silverstein
The old simpsons episodes are good too, but not hilarious, they were more or less just chuckle, but never "- laugh out loud or hurt gut from laughing -" kind of funny.

BackFire
The Simpsons in their glory days are head and shoulders above Family Guy. I'm talking 91-96 or so, when The Simpsons was the best TV program of all time. This was a point in The Show where it seriously had everything. It was hilarious, touching, inteligent, witty and satirically brilliant. It combined everything good about TV during these years and it become the best TV of all time. I've seen some of the episodes from that point in the show 30+ times and still laugh my ass off. They never get old.

However, Family Guy is far better then the newer Simpsons episodes bar none.

Council#13
ew ur sig is gross

cyborggirl
Family Guy! It's so much funnier.

Council#13
his sig is still gross

The Ones
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
Simpsons is better than family guy if you take the past simpson eps of 4 seasons and halloween specials..it's not fair to say family guy beats simpsons because it only had 4 seasons and only the 4th so far seemed funny as hell to me and random old ones. simpsons is what 16 plus seasons...yeah they suck now but still.

dont judge dismiss quality over quantity

1 season of family guy is better than 8 seasons of the simpsons.. so what theyre airing season 5 now so they need 40 seasons of simpsons to beat 5 seasons of family guy

WindDancer
I admit to have seen only 3 episodes of Family Guy during season 1. I know the show is overhyped for its style of humor. But for me The Simpsons are even better show. Despite the lameness of the past seasons and boring stories from the writers. I still regard the Simpsons as a great show. For me the Simpsons best seasons were from season 1 to 5.

Silverstein
the season 1 episodes are not as great as seasons 2-now. The Simpsons are now putting in family guy style humour, while staying pg. although the simpsons have had random humor/pop culture stuff...They now add more and more of it Family guy, but not very good random humour and pop culture references.
-There was like, the Fox Sports announcing describing how homer and marge doing it. Which wasnt really funny. But Adam West just saying a one liner or making a noise made me laugh for5 mins. is it just me????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.