rap

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BadBabe
so you know how rappers always say the word YO well in spanish YO means I which comes to show that rappers are selfabsorbed

total metalhead

BadBabe
http://deephousepage.com/smilies/music341.gif rock is better

total metalhead
yes and metal is even better than that happy

HockeyHorror
badbabe> listen to underground hip hop then come back.

as for now please keep it quiet...your making yourself look stupid. smile

total metalhead
in other words, dont trash what you dont understand.

HockeyHorror
brilliant TM^ smile

total metalhead
smart its your influence

HockeyHorror
no its not

GABRIEL05
predictions by Gabriel05 Rap and rock will merge to become one glorious art form. THen all those rap "hater/rock lovers" and all those "rock hater/rap lovers" biases shall be exposed as ignorant and obsolete

So let it be written so let it be done

HockeyHorror
well IMO hip hop is dead at the moment. its dry and boring.

smittenkitten
Like any genre (rock and metal included), most of it is crap, and there is very little good stuff. However, the good stuff is great (a la Snoop). To generalize a whole genre is supremely close-minded.

-Smitten Kitten-

madsci
hockey> do you truly believe hip hop is dead at this moment? hip hop is alive and well, and going nowhere. what you're talking about sounds more like rap music.

remember, rap music is cyclical. meaning, one person (or small group) will create a style and as a result, everyone else in the industry will jump on the bandwagon. for example, look at how long people utilized james brown samples early in the game. at that point, almost every other rap artist used that sound until it got to be "dry and boring." then dre's "the chronic" came along using p-funk samples, and then every other rap artist copied that sound for the next generation of rap.

what is important is that one recognizes and acknowledges the influences made by specific individuals, and ignore the copycats. even more importantly, remember this is rap music we're speaking of, not hip hop.

hip hop will never die.

madsci
hip hop purist

Evy_O
I don't like hip hop, apart from a very few exceptions.

Evil Dead
You mean rappers who walk around wearing $5 million of jewelry and keep 20 people around them at all times (lovingly referred to as "my crew"wink are self absorbed? The hell you say!

steely balls
every one gets confused with rap, they look at a couple rap artists out their talking about bentlys and money, crystal, bitches. but thats not wee rap started. real rap started out with great lyrics about their life and troubles they been through, mainstream rap turned to crap around the late ninties, wiht master p, and some other shitty ones. but you can see there is light coming at the end of the tunnel, now u got great writers coming out. great thing are happening to hip hop, because some rappers are realizing that they are putting an image of rap that f.ucks up some kids view on life. now theres nothing wrong with the party rap, just people think thats all thats out there.

MF D00m
i totally agree

hockey,you're f*cking crazy is you think hip-hop is dead, or "dry and boring".
the only artists you ever mention are chino xl,immortal,2pac,aesop rock,cunn,and for awhile there, doom.if that's all you listen to,then yea,it is dry.but you need to get out and learn some real underground artists.there's at least 50 i can name off the top of my head that you never mention who are better than chino xl,immortal,rass kass,ect.

get out and study homie.

HockeyHorror
damn...****ing idiot...

i typed fast and i put hip hop instead of rap...

dont just get pissed randomly.

madsci> i respect you took it calmly

mf d0om> calm down man.

and i posted the tracks for Dooms Madvillainy album.
and u dont know shit about which artists i like. i like alot man from pac to kas from jedi mind tricks to KMD.
man the list goes on. i just dont talk alot about hip hop here cuz most people are rock heads. and not alot of hip hop fans are on.

MF D00m
first off,i didnt get mad or nothin,i just dont like newjacks talking about hip-hop when they don't know what they're saying.i guarantee there's at least 100 really good hip hop(underground) artists you haven't even heard of,and that was my point.dont say hip-hop is dead or "dry" if you haven't even heard 80% of the artists that are putting in work.damn good work i might add.sure there's artists that put out crap,mainstream and underground,but there's far more who put out quality material that wont be heard by the masses.

it's all good,i aint even close to being mad or anything,i was just saying.
i still need to make a list

HockeyHorror
hey make a list of underground artists that YOU heard of and ill tell u if i heard of them or not. smile

el_barto
GO HOCKEY GO!!

HockeyHorror
wtf u smokin el_barto^?

MF D0om> i know my hip hop but i bet you know more than me.

steely balls
wow this thread just got stupid

BadBabe
its one of my therds it was stupid from the beginning

BadBabe
see i cant even spell

steely balls
its all these freakin arguments that piss me off

BadBabe
rolling on floor laughing when your pissed off its funny

madsci
steely> it's similar to a dysfunctional family; the expressing of our opinions and supporting them. the wonderful thing about these forums is that we can utimately agree to disagree. but i believe many of us, if not all, can agree that there is crappy music, regardless of genre, that plagues the musical art form (i hope that doesn't sound too pretentious).

hockey> i wasn't pissed, i just wanted some clarity. there will be times when it may seem that there isn't much new music being released. but remember, these are the times that are comparable to the quiet before the storm. before you know it, a soon to be classic is released to the masses. don't let it get you down, just be patient.

madsci
hip hop purist

steely balls
madsci u said rightafro2

MF D00m
gruf the druid
optimus rhymes
infinit ptenchul
furious minds
los nativos
sonic sum
cannibal ox
double helix
subtitle
toolshed
ellay khule
oddities
jesse calico
dialectx crew
poisen pen
daily plannet
schoolz of thought
eyecue
blame one
hilltop hoods
taskforce
naptron
soup the chemist
black panther
voice watson
funkbunker fleet
pocket dwellers
ya no
pete of the cuf
casual
side effect
purest form
otherwise
ex2
liferexall
why knows
swamburger
existereo
the opus
grouch
murs
eligh
luckyiam.psc
bleu collar
knowmatic emcee
factor
poetikal
spirit agent
konfident
indepth
hangar 18
innaspace
omid
scott free
malay sparks
pterra dacto
tame one
sunspot jonz
the empire
dezin8ed
randy & pseudo
snafu
moka only
reef the lost cauze

steely balls
^your kick ass

MF D00m
satchel paige
jason the argonaut
orko
pase rock
jakki da motamouth
epic
sixtoo
buck 65
escape artists
serengeti
tachichi
moves
centric i.e.
dream warriors
the crest
onry ozzborn
mathematik
elusive
jizzm
s.u.n.
bending mouth
CMA
alaskan fishermen
equipto
moonrocks
conspiracy
styles of beyond
classified
sebutones
ayentee
xololanxinxo
style misia
kanser
cesar comanche
frek sho
playdough
awkward why
genelec
omni
norman
morse code
piceas
tajai
ink operated
red clay
offwhyte
pugslee atomz
creature box
105 aka
noah23
baracuda 72
konceptual dominance

MF D00m
jeff spec
jesse dangerously
anacron
araknophobix
a-o.n.e.
josh martinez
jonathan toth from hoth
AD
blak forest
kay the aquanaut
governer bolts
dos noun
nobs
cee!!!!!!!!!
the drunken arseholes
intel agents
kunga219
pip skid
mcenroe
mr pinkgitch
bookworm
Yy
psicobabble
organics
warcloud
netherworlds
dalek
musab
phlegm
farm fresh
park-like setting

the whole list are artists/groups from just one of my cd booklets.i have 8 more booklets full.
they are UNDERGROUND to the fullest.you don't wanna call me out when it comes to underground artists.i didn't even name half of the people i know/cd's of artists i have

so let me know who you've heard before, and i dont wanna hear that you've "heard" the name but not their music.i want you to look at the list and tell who you've actually LISTENED to.

there's a lot of artists out there,you're just gettin started.

HockeyHorror
like i said, you know more hip hop than me but i've heard most of there "NAMES"...DAMN THE THIRD LIST SEEMS VERY FOREIGN.

psicobabble
farm fresh
Yy

damn the third list seems very foreign to me.

park like setting

hey if u got AIM can u send me some of their stuff? or by email.and buddy i never called you out, i just said post some artists cuz i wanna listen to more artists.

MF D00m
it's all good homie.us hip-hoppers gotta stick together.ESPECIALLY on kmc cause it's full of haters.

i added you for aim and i'll hit you up when i see you on.

HockeyHorror
aiight cool. thanks man.

MF D00m
are you not on aim?

i dont see you

madsci
i feel like a tool asking this, but what is AIM, and how can i be down?

madsci
hip hop purist

MF D00m
aol instant messenger....sort of like msn messenger...u have a buddy list with people you wanna talk to and you can send each other music,pics,ect.

it's available at download.com and if you run a search on google it'll pop up.it's free of course.

MF D00m
if you get it, add me madsci.we can talk some hip-hop.

madsci
doom> now don't i feel stupid. unfortunately, i don't use aol as a service provider. isn't there a way to communicate through this forum site? either way, i'm always down to talk hip hop.

madsci
hip hop purist

HockeyHorror
actually i dont have AOL either. but you can still download AIM as an instant messaging program.

doom> just tell me when ur on AIM, and ill go on.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.