Did you know?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LanceWindu
Did you ever wonder what happended to some of those NJO books that they decided to skip? We know that they did because originally there were supposed to be around 25 books but now the list has gone down to 19 maybe a couple more. I have the names and the authors of three books that were slated to come out but were scrapped, probably because of time constraints.

BTW these books happen in between Balance Point & Edge of Victory #1: Conquest

Here you go:

NJO originally book #7: Knightfall #1: Jedi Storm (PB) by: Michael Jan Friedman
NJO originally book #8: Knightfall #2: Jedi Fire (PB) by: Michael Jan Friedman
NJO originally book #9: Knightfall #3: Jedi Blood (PB) by: Michael Jan Friedman

yerssot
and is something known about them?

LanceWindu
Not that I know but I will try to find the guy that wrote them and ask him some questions.

Julie
ahhh...they scrapped some of the NJO series eek!

LanceWindu
Come on Julie, you knew that. The series was originally planned for 25 books, now it's only going to be 19. I need to find out what happened in those scrapped books!!!

Julie
Then start searching Detective Lance.....yea I already knew that....but I kinda hoped they'd change their minds and add more sad

LanceWindu
There's still lots of time for them to start on some new ones. At least like 2 years til the series is over.

Julie
Yea...happy once more big grin

LanceWindu
Glad I could help.

yerssot
help a bit more Lance! Speed up the search!

Julie
I'll second that wink

LanceWindu
I'm trying.

Julie
You get an "E" for effort big grin

LanceWindu
No gold star???

Julie
sorry
*hands Lance a gold star sticker* wink

LanceWindu
Yippee!

Julie
roll eyes (sarcastic) hey.....like I said...it's a good quality to be easily pleased

LanceWindu
Cool

Julie
hmmm....Lance...you and I are getting good at getting off the sub in record time big grin

LanceWindu
What's the record?

Julie
Hmmm I'm not exactly sure, but this thread doesn't have that many in it

LanceWindu
Well I'm still trying to find this guy. But so far no luck.

Julie
what guy?....a friend of yours ?

LanceWindu
No the guy that wrote those three NJO books that they never came out with.

Julie
oh maybe he got a better job offer....though I can't think of a much better writing job than a Star Wars one!!!!!!!!

LanceWindu
Maybe they thought that the books didn't really advance the overall story.

Julie
Dj didn't advance the overall story line but I really enjoyed it and it was a bit of a break for the characters

LanceWindu
That and they created more info for Jaina.

Julie
Yeah...that was cool too. I like her ...she's an interesting character. The Solo children are among the most interesting EU characters. Jacen's got his moral dilemma and Jaina's got her trickster goddess thing

LanceWindu
But that also just started a couple books ago.

Julie
uh huh...and your point is......

LanceWindu
It's not a big plot line yet.

Julie
oh I see...maybe Rebel Stand will expound upon this ....I doubt Traitor will focus on it though b/c it deals mostly with Jacen and his moral dilemma

yerssot
how's the search going?

LanceWindu
Not too well. I'm just gonna throw in the towel. Someone else can search for me.

Julie
Don't give up yet Lance......ummm what was it you were searching for anyway?

LanceWindu
The e-mail for the writer for those three books that they never published.

Julie
ohhh...why don't you ask Aaron Allston or Elaine Cunningham why they cut the series short????...wouldn't that answer you question anyway?

LanceWindu
But I want the inside scoop of the books, like what was in them, if anyone somewhat important died, ask him what was wrong with them to not be good enough to be in the select few books of the series.

Julie
ohh......so how did you even find out his name ......go search for web site on him that'll lead you to the e-mail address you seek

LanceWindu
I found his name in the books section of TFN, it was in the archives.

Julie
Any luck here yet?

LanceWindu
No, I gave up.

Julie
That's sad but understandable....go spend your time on something else.....like reading NJO wink or posting elsewhere smile

LanceWindu
How about posting and reading?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.