Clone Wars make Episode II Look Silly!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthsinister
I few days ago i saw the volume II clone wars episodes where mace and yoda virtually singlehandedly destroy an entire droid army!! Mace destroys super battle droids with his bare hands, surfs on a droid fighter and cuts dozens more with his lightsaber... Yoda uses the force on two giant trade federation landind ships and lifts hundrends of destroyer droids to crash with the droid fighters... They are like superheros or something... But in Episode II AOTC in the Geonosis arena they have a lot of trouble with what seems a similar or even smaller droid army?! And not to mention that in the arena there are 200 JEDI!!! I didnt see any of the jedi using any kind of force powers except a little force push now and there... What gives?

Lord Banshee
Indeed! I totaly agree, its very fake.
Its like some sort of DBZ cartoon mad But i dont care that much, its just a fun cartoon. Don't take it too serieus. wink

nazgūl-lord
hey I like dragonball z stick out tongue
but yeah it's exaggerated .

Gangularis
yeah it's exagerated.. probably to give it that extra umph the cartoon needs.

i still like the cartoons though.. and i'm glad they aren't that ridiculously powerful in the movies

IE. dooku flying around with the force in volume I

Naredhel
But really, I wish there was a lot more force-usage in the movies... The force battles are so cool!

Red Superfly
I thought that too.

I like the CLone Wars cartoons, but when Mace hopped onto the Droid and started piloting it like a sled I started to think "Ok this is getting rediculous even for a Star Wars movie".

The Jedi are like superheroes. When Anakin was jumping and dodging around that facility like Spider-Man I had a picture of every 13 year old fanboy slobberring in unison.

The Clone Wars are fun, but they really overdo it with the force powers. I remember Mace Windu tackling a ton of droids without his lightsaber, almost effortlessly. The makers have some fascination with making Mace Windu seem like some sort of God. The Jedi seem to have no limits on their force abilities, with Yoda managing to make huge landing ships collide. I mean, sure, "Size matters not" and all that, but I don't want to hear it. I'm just waiting for the next batch of cartoons where Yoda moves the Death Star and parts the Red Sea.

It's fun for a cartoon, but I'm so glad the superhero/Dragonball action is left out of the movies.

I also think General Grievous looks incredibly goofy and laughable in the cartoon. Actually he looks goofy and laughable anyway so it's not really the cartoons fault.

Anakin_the_Hutt
Yeah, everything seems so fast-paced in the cartoons compared to the movies. But I bet in ROTS, the battles and fights are gonna be intense as hell. Maybe not as fantastic as the cartoons...but definitely make every other Star Wars movie battle and fight seem like a waltz.

Arsenal
Episode II wasn't that great anyway so there's no harm done. Some kids will probably get dissappointed when they see the clone wars then see the movies and expect dbz style moves.

Ushgarak
It's just in cartoon style. Things are naturally exaggerated. Don't take it literally.

JKozzy
Exactly. It's a cartoon, that's the way cartoon are. I enjoyed them plenty, I have no complaints.

J-Unit
hey its cartoons u can never compare them with the movies and u gotta admit that without teh action in the clone wars the cartoons would be very boring u know that dont u!

Lord Banshee
Originally posted by Gangularis

IE. dooku flying around with the force in volume I

I still cry about that one mad mad no

Jackie Malfoy
I find the cartoon very insulting to us star wars fans.JMst-sym

NoFate007
I think the first 20 episodes pretty much sucked...they were cool, but yeah, they did exaggerate things. And I do agree with the fact that Mace Windu is treated as a god, thats kind of odd IMHO. HOWEVER, I do like chapters 21-25 a lot better than the others, and I think that they're great. The fighting done by the crew trying to save Palpatine I think was spectacular, and I agree that force powers should be utilized more in the movies than 2 Force Pushes at what looks to be scheduled moments. I like seeing Anakin kick a lot of ass, because he IS the chosen one, and in my opinion, I think the list of powerful people should go like this in ROTS:

1. Palpatine / Anakin in a rage before he becomes mechanical
2. Normal Anakin
3. Obi-Wan and Yoda tied
4. Mace Windu
5. Rest of the council is here and below

I think the cartoon shows that...but they do do a few ridiculous things, as mentioned before with Dooku flying...that was just wrong. As for Grievous...yeah he looks like a hunchback with god knows what of an animal's face. The coolest part with him I thought was probably when he was crawling while that Ithorian was belting one out.

In conclusion (lol, that always sounds amateur) I think the Clone Wars series is definitely a good watch, and although they screw some things off, I wish the movies would kick up the pace and Force powers a bit in the fighting. Vocal talent sucks though (cough*obi-wancan'tdeliveraline*cough).

stefaan
Hey it's just an adaptation, especially made for younger kids. It would be boring if it was just normal SW style. Give it a rest y'all.

brendy
i agree with Stefaan. Although they kind of exagerated too much in places. eg Dooku & Mace Vs 1million droids laughing out loud

LandoSpeeder2
Has it occurred to you that this is EU, it's not really part of the movie, just somethin fun to watch to give you an idea of what might have happened, even if they are exaggerating it a bit, I still love to watch them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.