Cyclops vs Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

python99
Cyclops is an underated superhero in the strength category and I know that If logan is stronger its not by much who do you think would win?

LLG
In my opinion, Wolverine would win.

pr1983
Obviously i want Cyclops to win... whether he would depends on the conditions of the match, location, reason for fighting and such...

dominic/wolf
wolvie would own his a$$ hes taken out cyc before and hell he will do it agian

pr1983
Originally posted by dominic/wolf
wolvie would own his a$$ hes taken out cyc before and hell he will do it agian

when did he do it before?

radioboy121
I don't think Wolverine ever truly fought Cyclops seriously (when he was Death, I don't think Cyclops was one of the X-Men he fought). There have been many times of heated arguments between them, some roughhousing, fake fighting ploys (i.e. tricking their opponent that they are not allies), and times when each had conflicting thoughts of whether to help the other or not in a battle.

pr1983
Originally posted by radioboy121
I don't think Wolverine ever truly fought Cyclops seriously (when he was Death, I don't think Cyclops was one of the X-Men he fought). There have been many times of heated arguments between them, some roughhousing, fake fighting ploys (i.e. tricking their opponent that they are not allies), and times when each had conflicting thoughts of whether to help the other or not in a battle.

thats always what i thought... t'would be some issue where they actually went at it seriously...

Blair Wind
wouldnt it really depend on how far they are from eachother to begin with? cuz if they are really close wolvie takes this easily....yet if they are far away from each other then cyclops could take this if he really used his optic balsts.

black wolverine
this is dumb wolverine can kill him easywat can cyclops do anyway all he can do is shoot a beam big deal

pr1983
Originally posted by black wolverine
this is dumb wolverine can kill him easywat can cyclops do anyway all he can do is shoot a beam big deal

oh... my... god...

black wolverine
wat u mean

pr1983
wat u mean

read up on cyclops, seriously...

ragesRemorse
Cyclops has a very good Chance of wining. He should be able to keep Wolverine at bay fairly easily/ Keeping wolverine at bay is what wins the match for cyclops. Wolverine has a top notch healing ability though, but i doubt that, that would matter much if cyclops is pumping out a blast radius of 50 feet. If Wolverine can get in close, just once, then Wolverine has an immediate upper hand.

black wolverine
i kno everything there is to kno about cyclops but i still hate him

and wolverine is my fav and all cyclops can do is blast if he even trys to fight him hand to hand he will die quick

black wolverine
pr1983 now i remeber u ur the cyclops fan i remeber u touch ur self at night

now u turned superman

pr1983
i kno everything there is to kno about cyclops but i still hate him

and wolverine is my fav and all cyclops can do is blast if he even trys to fight him hand to hand he will die quick

if you knew so much you wouldnt be making such thick comments...

pr1983 now i remeber u ur the cyclops fan i remeber u touch ur self at night

now u turned superman

flattery will get you nowhere...

black wolverine
srry i just hate superman hes the weakes hero of all time

pr1983
srry i just hate superman hes the weakes hero of all time

he'd still wipe the floor with wolverine...

black wolverine
no he wouldnt this is the guy who is afraid of green jello and lost a fight to the hulk wolverine fights hulk all the time and never lost

pr1983
no he wouldnt this is the guy who is afraid of green jello and lost a fight to the hulk wolverine fights hulk all the time and never lost

you know what, forget it... go to the superman wolverine thread and state your case... get laughed out of it...

black wolverine
in went there already

pr1983
in went there already

and what happened?

Gryn Jabar
Wolverine. His healing factor would take whatever cyclops could take. When he closes, he'l slice him, or in a non lethal situation, remove his visor, rendering cyclops unable to moderate his beams.

Linkalicious
Cyclops could beam the daylights out of Wolverine and turn him extra crispy.

Wolverine will keep coming until Cyclops is dead.

black wolverine
cyclops beams arent hot

black wolverine
pr1983 nothin happeneda guy agreed wit me anyway back to the discussun

ThaWhiteShadow
this has been done, close it please

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Gryn Jabar
Wolverine. His healing factor would take whatever cyclops could take. When he closes, he'l slice him, or in a non lethal situation, remove his visor, rendering cyclops unable to moderate his beams.

first off, Wolverine would not be able to withstand whatever cyclops could throw at him.

secondly, Cyclops doesnt wear his visor for his benefit. He wears it so he doesnt decimate everything he looks at. The last thing wolverine would want to do is remove cyke's visor, that would be like taking a shit while already being knee deep in shit.

black wolverine
wolverine would win while killing oompa loompas

pr1983
Originally posted by Gryn Jabar

thats the worst thing he could do... as was explained by ragesremorse...

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
first off, Wolverine would not be able to withstand whatever cyclops could throw at him.

secondly, Cyclops doesnt wear his visor for his benefit. He wears it so he doesnt decimate everything he looks at. The last thing wolverine would want to do is remove cyke's visor, that would be like taking a shit while already being knee deep in shit.

it all depends on the location imo...

ragesRemorse
you mean depending on civilian's?

pr1983
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
you mean depending on civilian's?

primarily yes, also the layout, if its a confined space like a building maybe logan can catch cyclops...

but if cyclops takes off his visor logan is beaten...

black wolverine
in a phone booth

if they were fighting in a phone booth
wolvie would win but im talkin bout in an openspace like the desertafter one blast wolverine will fall and cyclops will go check to see if he's dead then he willl get up and stab the liveing shit out of him

pr1983
in a phone booth

if they were fighting in a phone booth
wolvie would win but im talkin bout in an openspace like the desertafter one blast wolverine will fall and cyclops will go check to see if he's dead then he willl get up and stab the liveing shit out of him

no... because cyclops is not and idiot... he knows wolverine's strengths and weaknesses... he isnt going to check if hes dead, he'll still be blasting him...

and are you going to be the one who pushes them into the phonebox?

Bowmen
I have nothing against Cyke but I'd have to go with Wolverine though on this one. He has the ability to dodge Cyclops optic blast, unless they were in like an empty alleyway. But you wouldn't see Wolverine just sit there just waiting to get pegged off. You also wouldn't see Wolverine kill ol' slim on purpose because of his affection towards Jean unless he's harmed her.

Blair Wind
ummm ok then...the fact that wolvie takes off the visor isnt that big. why? because the blast would be more dispersed and not as focused. It would be huge and hurt like hell but it would not be focused enough to say punch a whole through a mountain. But with the visor and goin all out, man he can punch a whole through a mountain, and its enough to hurt Onslaught...and im sorry but wolvie is no Onslaught.

pr1983
Originally posted by Blair Wind
ummm ok then...the fact that wolvie takes off the visor isnt that big. why? because the blast would be more dispersed and not as focused. It would be huge and hurt like hell but it would not be focused enough to say punch a whole through a mountain. But with the visor and goin all out, man he can punch a whole through a mountain, and its enough to hurt Onslaught...and im sorry but wolvie is no Onslaught.

erm... he took his visor off to shoot onslaught...

Blair Wind
sory i meant to say that with his visor off he can take onslaught, and with the visor and a much more focused beam he could take care of wolvie.

pr1983
have you seen astonishing xmen issue #8?

jinzin
This has indeed been done before. Cyclops does have what it takes to take out wolverine, but IMO wolverine will have already done away with cyclops before cyc ever gets that serious.

I know ultimate isn't mainstream but they fought in ultimate x-men and wolverine beat the daylights out of cyc. i think their mainstream counterparts would fair about the same way.

lol
but personally i think cyclops loses this battle just like he'll lose every other one on these boards. Even if he begins to get the edge superman comes in crabs him and tosses him into the sun for stealing his haircut. Supes don't like it when you steal his haircut.

K3VIL
And here comes the fanboys like black wolverine, with Wolvie's heal factor!
Until Cyclops open his visor and unleash a blast so big that Wolvie will fall unconscious for several hours.Scott's Optic Blast at full force can even destroy a small moon.Logan has to reach him in hand to hand combat, where Cyclops isn't a dumb newbie like some of you fanboys.
Wouldn't be a surprise if Cyclops wins.Far lesser powerful beings have beaten Logan, so can Cyclops.
black wolverine how old are you?Perhaps 10years old?Or less?Even my 8years old cousin knows that Superman is a match for most of the superpowered beings in the comicdom, he knows that Superman can fry to ashes Logan and use his claws to eat the lunch.

DarkCrawler
Black Wolverine is an idiot, try to deal with that.

http://img152.exs.cx/img152/7450/wolverinevscyclops6az.gif

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/images/article/sinister16.jpg

http://img119.exs.cx/img119/3203/cyc0se.gif

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=3430844

Cyclops wins.

Draco69
Very good.

pr1983
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Black Wolverine is an idiot, try to deal with that.

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/images/article/sinister16.jpg

Cyclops wins.

what issue is that from?

jinzin
lol. funny stuff. though I don't neccassarily disagree that scott has what it take to put logan out, it all comes down to whether or not he'll be able to hit logan full on. Logan can take more punishment than that, and can probably keep coming after scott, if he gets in close it's all over. It all depends on whether or not scott can hit him hard enough and long enough to render him useless.

paeng
Scott have what it takes to kill Logan instantly. But Cyclops will not kill Logan without a good reason. But if Wolverine kills any of an X-man like he did in AoA then Cyclops won't hesitate to kill him.

jplatinum
First of all, that strip is funny as h#ll, man.
I'm laughing hard right now, ya'll cats are hilarious.

However, I hate to disagree, but I must.
Logan's new uprgrade healing factor(the insane one)
won't permit him to be killed by a full force small moon-busting concussive blast from Cyclops.

He could heal easily from that.
The question is will it knock him out,
He usually only gets knocks out by superpowerful blows and it depends on how mad and determined he is to keep fighting no matter what.
Scott's full force blast is superpowerful, but if Logan really wants to tear him apart he'll find a way to do it.

"I'm the best at what I do, Bub!"

srankmissingnin
DarkCrawler did you make that comic strip? It's hilarious!

stevusmagnus
Wolverine mouthed off in a Classic X-Men and went at Cyke AT CLOSE RANGE, Cyke using a judo move, used his force to roll over and kick Wolverine off of him. Could have easily cut loose with a full blast, knocked Wolverine out and then incinerated him so there is nothing left but steaming admantium bones.

Plus Cyke is a master strategist, Wolverine is an ignorant hothead.

stevusmagnus
pr1983, that is the scene from Inferno I mentioned in the Cyke vs. Spidey board. Cyke incinerates Mr. Sinister after being powered up by Havok, his bro. Awesome scene!

Jose123
http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/9349/bump7bj.th.jpg

peejayd
Originally posted by stevusmagnus
pr1983, that is the scene from Inferno I mentioned in the Cyke vs. Spidey board. Cyke incinerates Mr. Sinister after being powered up by Havok, his bro. Awesome scene!

* dude, can i have a link to this "Cyke vs Spidey" board? and can i have a scan of this awesome scene? thanks!

* anyways, Logan loses...

GODSCRIBE
Wolverine gets owned pretty badly.

bitca730
Cyclops wins in any decently written fight...but Wolverine has been overrated for much too long...

brainchild81
Cyclops wastes Wolverine.

tagsandrice
cyclopes dies

Black Adam
Originally posted by tagsandrice
Cyclops wins

FIXED!!

King KAM
Originally posted by tagsandrice
cyclopes dies *stands over his dead body* PORRRRRRRQUE!!!!!!!!!!!! Mi nino........mi nino.....wolverinlito.......PORRRRRQUEEEEE!

Swanky-Tuna
Cyclops could just keep kneecapping Wolvie.

long pig
Cyclops killed a berserk sabretooth from less than 5 feet away with one shot to the forhead.

Wolverine got K.O'd by being shot in the forehead by a bullet.....

Soooooooo.....................................ZAARRRKKKKTTTT!

Sixth_Winged
Depends on the proximity of the starting points for the match. Somewhere around 5 feet, Wolverine might pose a direct advantage of being able to lunge at him and gut him. Of course it could end up the other way and he could end up getting a point blank death stare from cyke. 6 feet above, the chances are seriously slim for logan specially if this is cyclops fighting his all.

He'd be eating this kind of wall (.5 second flash)

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/3751/cykefullpower10ch.th.jpg

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/1811/cykefullpower20ox.th.jpg

bigbang
Even if I like extremely wolverine with the sun power of the laser of cyclop wolverine would melt

TheKahn
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Depends on the proximity of the starting points for the match. Somewhere around 5 feet, Wolverine might pose a direct advantage of being able to lunge at him and gut him. Of course it could end up the other way and he could end up getting a point blank death stare from cyke. 6 feet above, the chances are seriously slim for logan specially if this is cyclops fighting his all.

He'd be eating this kind of wall (.5 second flash)

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/3751/cykefullpower10ch.th.jpg

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/1811/cykefullpower20ox.th.jpg

jawdrop

Damn..... Cyke wins.

Black Adam
I love that pic.

But even if wolverine started at 5 feet what's stopping Cyce from simply blasting him before he even reaches him? It's not like he's faster then the beams.

TheKahn
Originally posted by Black Adam
I love that pic.

But even if wolverine started at 5 feet what's stopping Cyce from simply blasting him before he even reaches him?

Easy, its the fanboys.

filmmman79

I've seen two battles between Hulk and Superman. Both of which Superman won.

I just read Ultimate Wolverine vs Ultimate Hulk and Ultimate Hulk literally ripped Wolverine in half.

The only true victory I've ever read for Wolverine was a What If story where Wolverine killed Hulk but they also made a What If story where Hulk killed Wolverine.

Marcus4600
Hmmmm. This is a good one. Cyclops is an immensely powerful mutant, and a pretty good leader. Wolverine, however, has 100 years under his belt of life and combat. I'd definately say he's one of the top 5 feared mutants in the Marvel continuity, along with Colosssus, Apocalypse, pre-House of M Magneto, and Professor Xavier. Let's give them a playing field of a semi-open forest. Now, Cyke would have the immediate advantage, mostly because of his powers. However, all Wolverine really needs to do is get away from Cyclops, and let Cyke search for him. Wolverine is a hunter by nature, and an all out survivor. Cyclops would be toast if Wolverine got away.

Black Adam
Originally posted by filmmman79
I've seen two battles between Hulk and Superman. Both of which Superman won.

I just read Ultimate Wolverine vs Ultimate Hulk and Ultimate Hulk literally ripped Wolverine in half.

The only true victory I've ever read for Wolverine was a What If story where Wolverine killed Hulk but they also made a What If story where Hulk killed Wolverine.

Why did you bump this? Only I may bump threads People want to forget!!!

Lord-of-Dreams
Originally posted by Marcus4600
Hmmmm. This is a good one. Cyclops is an immensely powerful mutant, and a pretty good leader. Wolverine, however, has 100 years under his belt of life and combat. I'd definately say he's one of the top 5 feared mutants in the Marvel continuity, along with Colosssus, Apocalypse, pre-House of M Magneto, and Professor Xavier. Let's give them a playing field of a semi-open forest. Now, Cyke would have the immediate advantage, mostly because of his powers. However, all Wolverine really needs to do is get away from Cyclops, and let Cyke search for him. Wolverine is a hunter by nature, and an all out survivor. Cyclops would be toast if Wolverine got away.

Um... Cyke isn't retarded... if he's in a forest against a gyu who's at home in the wood, he'll actually blast away all the trees, whip off the visor and just turn a full circle, then shoot down Logan., who can't win cuz the closer he is to Cyke, the harder to dodge, and at arm length... POW!!

Nick1989
Filmmman79 the only reason Hulk ripped Wolverine in half was becuase in the Ultimate series Wolverine's adamantium structure is not bonded to his bones. In the Ultimate series Hulk breaks that Adamantium needle. Dont listen to the Ultimate series. They broke the indestructable rule for adamantium. Wolverine is far more powerful then that.

Lord-of-Dreams
Nick, do you think Wolverine could take the Hulk?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.