How Palp/Darth Sidious Battles Yoda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthDavid
Yeah well, so the story and rumours go, Palp/Sidious Fights Yoda when Yoda finds a Sith Manuscript and concludes that Sidious is evil and that if the master is destroyed, the apprentice will be destroyed as well. Now my question to you , is if this fight takes place, how will they both fight?
Will Palp/Sidious weild a lightsaber against yoda or will he revert to the tried & true: Lightning. In an interview, Ian McDirmiad said his character would be involved in physical things and that he found himself going down tubes and landing on rubber etc. I hope this will generate discussion.

DarthDave

Mr.Deflok
The rubber thing I believe is a part of the opening scene where Palps is being held hostage on an Anti-Republic cruise ship.

I don't really want to see fight between these two because Yoda will have to lose the fight, no-one wants to see the OG Jedi Bad Ass get his green ass whooped.

I also don't believe Yoda would willingly try to destroy Palpatine if he knew it would mean Skywalker would be slain too... then again, in ROTJ he seems to think that Skywalker is beyond redemption. It's just that the Prophecy seems to be very important to the Jedi, I'd expect them to be trying to fulfill it... yet then again they didn't seem to even care about Skywalker in EP1 and 2...

*CONFUSED*

yerssot
btw no sith manuscript or holocron mister Pablo said

Swordfish2k0
I don't think we will see Yoda Vs Sidious duel and i don't think we should see one. That would mean Yoda getting a beating and somehow managing to escape from it. Its unlikely Sidious would allow Yoda to escape in such a duel. Plus i think Sidious would look quite odd jumping around in a lightsabre duel with Yoda.

JKozzy
That's why it'll be lightning wink

Swordfish2k0
Ok so how does Yoda escape Sidious Force Lightning?????

LordRevan
what if yoda has two lightsabers he just used one on Aotc?

Darth Jello
well sidious will use his sabre, probably both against yoda and mace windu's jedi party during anakin's turn. I'm sure that both he and yoda will unleash some never before seen powers on each other, but in terms of saber skills, i won't be satisfied if I see sidious coherently. I hope that all you see is some red flashes and a dark blurry form wishing frantcally

finti
from what I have read Yoda will not fight Sidious

yerssot
than who will he fight fint?

LordRevan
what if anakin killed dooku and yoda was there to witness it and yoda felt the dark side burning in anakin

Mr.Deflok
They said Yoda would use his lightsaber again, this doesn't necessarily mean he'll be using it in a duel, possibly just when the clones go bad.

yerssot
true MD smile

Darth Jello
Sidious will definately fight the following people: Mace Windu, Aayla Secura, Kit Fisto, two other Jedi . as for yoda, one can only hope.

DarthDavid
Yeah one can only hope. I know everyone here is Anti-Supershadow and everything, but i find it funny to note had the base sypnosis of epIII and as well as the "Just The Facts" thing TFN had perhaps 6 months in difference.... Really weird really and the wording is the same as well. In that it says that he does battle sidious. If they fight, i hope Yoda unleashes green hell on palpy which would explain why he looks so wasted in ROTJ.

Dave

Darth Jello
the cane may be yoda's doing, i think the wasting is from anakin's force tantrum

yerssot
DJ, I wouldn't count on Aayla, Pablo said her role wouldn't get any bigger than in AOTC

Lyn
Who's Aayla?? confused

Darth Jello
exactly, she dies, that's her role. Lynn, aayla is a popular and sexy jedi, a rutian twi'lek. Lucas' fav belly-baring exploitaliens.

yerssot
the blue one laughing out loud

you can see her in the background when OB1 goes to see Yoda, she comes down the stairs
and on geonosis when they bring in Ki-Adi and Plo, they bring someone else too, that's a blue twi'lek, namely Aayla

she was much better looking in the comics sad

Lyn
I've got a picture in my head of a blue twi'lek chick but I don't think I've ever seen her in Clones. I check for her next time I watch.

Thanx guys...thumb up happy
What would I do without you?? Prolly make an even HUGER fool of myself...laughing

Mr.Deflok
Possibly, just in case you don't get a chance to see AOTC anytime soon here's a pic for ya.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/aaylasecura/img/movie_bg.jpg

"Oooh... her?" now you remember smile

Red Superfly
I'm glad we are seeing more of her wink

Also, I will go out on a limb and say that the reason why Palpatine looks so wasted in ROTJ is because of the dark side. Sith kinda rot when they are in the full-on sick dark side for so long. I think the cane and everything comes from the dark side's affinity for destroying life.

I hope Palpatine gives Yoda a good kicking - he must do if Yoda is so extremely protective of Luke in the OT when he talks about him.

Lyn
You took the words right out of my mouth MD. stick out tongue wink
Thanx heaps, at least I know who you all mean now. thumb up happy

sithsaber408
Pablo also said that we will see one character fight with a lightsaber who we havent seen do so before.

we saw all of the jedi from ep1 use lightsabers in ep2, so it makes sense that it would be palp.

also, yoda and dooku dont fight each other, but have there own fights-again from pablo (not "action sequences",like dueling against clones, although that is sure to happen too.)

Besides, how could palps destroy all of the jedi,and take over the universe without fighting yoda?

He wouldnt just sit around and watch that crap happen.

They are the two masters of good and of evil.

For good to be replaced by evil(which will happen),
then the evil master will have to replace the good master.(which will also,unfourtunately,happen)

Darth Jello
red, the reason palpy looks wasted is cause of something that happens in episode 3, rick mccallum has said as much. the most popular rumor is that vader is responsible (force tantrum). back on topic, sidious' saber skills should rival that of Grievous in the clone wars cartoon for me to be satisfied.

DarthDavid
yeah nicely figured out, but just wondering how Ian Mcdiarmid would do the dueling scenes when hes like 50+ something. Would they use a double? or a digital version maybe?

DarthDave

treadline
They will probably use a double and digitaly attach Ian MacDiarmid's head, like they did with Christopher Lee in AOTC.

Shadowkiller
I am still keeping my fingers crossed on a Yoda and Sidious duel.

Darth Jello
Sidious is supposed to very quickly down several Jedi so he should be more than up to par with Grievous

mindbugaling
it'll be kinda weird seein him jumping around and such like grievous, i think his style would more then likely be very harsh and powerful blows with screaming and plenty of anger mixed in opposed to the flippy stuff like yoda does.

DarthDavid
Where was this stated that CL's head was attached to Count Dooku's head when he fought? Anyways, someone back further said they thought Palp/Sidious would fight with force lightning. Well come on people think about it, look at what Yoda did to Dooku's Lightning. Jedi's could either use their lightsabers or as in Yoda's case he can deflect it with his hands. So this must hopefully mean Sidious and Yoda would fight, i hope they do. I think that Sidious would be a Old Style Swordsman like Dooku but hopefully a bit faster due to the Kyber Cystal

DarthDave

yerssot
it's stated in one of the extras on the DVD, DD...

oh, and up to this point, the Kyber Crystal is EU

Red Superfly
The Kyber Crystal is news to me.........

Anyhoo, I do sure hope Palpatine takes on his opponents with Force only. I don't want him to wield a lightsaber. That's just my opinion.

It'd be kinda wierd to see Vader wear the trousers in that relationship. I can't see him hurt Palpatine, even by accident, because despite everything, Vader looks upon Palpatine as the father he never had.

I hope if anybody does indeed hurt him, it's Yoda.

I was wonderring if both Yoda and Palpatine waste EACH OTHER. They physically age tremendously because of the amount of force they use, and that's why they end up being like they are in the OT. I think Palpatine will win, because even though Yoda would hurt him up pretty nasty, Palpatine would waste Yoda even more.

Shadowkiller
I was just thinking when does Palpatine have a chance to practice his skills that make him so powerfull. He's always in some meeting dicussing politics. Is he just so Hatefull and that is what makes him powerfull. Does anyone think there is a reason why Palpy hates the Jedi so much? Or is he just a power hungry mad man?
I would like to know his twisted back story one day. It probably wont be told in Episode III , But might make some good EU reading.

DocHolliday0013
Palpy better use lightning. i think the idea of him using a lightsaber is completely rediculous. He is so powerful that he has no need for a lightsaber. Sidious should kick Yodas green butt to degoba where it belongs.

Red Superfly
Maybe Palpatine is actually a robot sent from the future to kill the mother of the one who will lead The Rebellion (Padme). Then he tries to kill the saviour himself.

Palpatine is a robot.

DarthDavid
big grin Hehee nice one Superfly. What model would that make palpy then? TX4000? big grin

Anyways, i liked that idea of a mutual bashing really, i like the idea of Yoda at least putting up a good fight. Just wondering tho, even tho i might be venturing back into OT this relates to it. Yoda seemed to have alot of faith in Luke and expected him to take out Sidious and Vader at the same time when we all know that Yoda was the more powerful one. Was it because Yoda was so old or that he was guilty because of letting the Galaxy down for not seeing Palpy for who he was.

DarthDave

Gandalf Of Lore
Palpatine or Narn Palpatine as his full name is was found and trained by Darth Imperius.
I hope that it will be a violent force and saber duel with Yoda flipping around and Sidious standing and using fast and powerful strokes. I don't know if the duel will happen though.

sad

Gandalf Of Lore
Yoda seemed to have alot of faith in Luke and expected him to take out Sidious and Vader at the same time when we all know that Yoda was the more powerful one.

Darth David Luke becomes more powerful than Yoda because he is guided by the will of the force.

Mr.Deflok
LAY OFF THE CRACK (ie SUPERSHADOW)

Ushgarak
Errr, very little evidence of Luke being more powerful than Yoda.

Yoda thought Luke could do it as part of the Prophecy, simple as that.

Sith Master X
Yeah no kidding. All that crap about Darth Imperius, Darth Seer and Darth Sinistar. Oh and did you see his photo of the first Jedi, it's a fricken picture of a guy in a halloween costume.

Sith Master X
In my opinion, Sidious needs a lightsaber. I don't like the fact of Sidious fighting with the force. What's he gonna do, spin around in circles, jump from wall to wall aiming force lightning at Yoda, and Yoda just keeps deflecting the lightning like he does in AOTC? It's cool, but just seems to wierd to me. We saw Sidious unleash his force lightning in ROTJ, now it's time to see him in action with a lightsaber. This is just my opinion.

Darth Jello
sidious will have a saber, no one can refute that after the hyperspace pics came out. as for the sith names. around early 98, somebody at lucasfilm leaked a list of possible sith names onto the internet. those names came were used by SS. I know it was genuine because cetain sith names were on there that appeared in KOTOR and episode II. I can't remember the whole thing (it was like 3 pages of names) but these are the ones I can recall: Darth Scarz, Darth Seer, Darth Tyranus, Darth Imperius, Darth Sidious, Darth Rage, Darth Revan, Darth Mallak, Darth Monstro, Darth Venom, Darth Grievous (!!!). what this tells me is that Lucasfilm just had several sith names kicking around for future games, movies, and EU material. I've heard rumors that Darth Seer was planned for an EU comic where she was a similarly tattooed, double-saber weilding, human rival to Darth Maul. Sidious trained them both and let them duel, maul won. but it never happened, never published.

i'll even go out on a limb and say that imperius was gonna be the original name for either dooku or palpatine.

Gandalf Of Lore
Yeah no kidding. All that crap about Darth Imperius, Darth Seer and Darth Sinistar. Oh and did you see his photo of the first Jedi, it's a fricken picture of a guy in a halloween costume

I've said this before Supershadow is pathetic and delusional.And yes I have seen his alleged "Kaja Sinis" picture looks like a Matrix reject or something you'd put in front of your house on Halloween to scare little kids away.

Sith Master X
I wasn't meaning to say anything against you. I was agreeing with Deflok about the Imperius thing because I think he caught on to it too. It's nothing that you said or anything like that. smile

sithsaber408
And today on "Stupidshadow".com, he was saying that lucas will edit out the yoda/sidious duel because it is too " cool and amazing. It would be a fans dream" That guys a hack!!!
He has me worried though, has anyone else heard the scene may be cut?

Ushgarak
Errr, no-one evem knows if the scene EXISTS, let alone is cut!

Rogue Jedi
sidious with a saber? that would ruin it for me. the whole point of sidious fighting jedi without a saber is to prove how strong he is. he is so strong he doesnt need one.

Sith Master X
Yeah I caught that too. How can a scene be cut because it's too good? Too funny. Anyway, I know he has you worried about the scene being cut, but let me explain to you what he is trying to do. Ever since Lucasfilm made SS post a disclaimer announcing he has no relations to Lucas whatsoever, SuperShadow has gone on a anti-Lucas rampage. Basically now, he is giving the fans a bunch of BS news so they'll hate Lucas and boycott Episode 3. Pathetically, he's even gone as far as saying that they'll be a Yoda dance sequence.

You need not to worry. If you've followed his site long enough and know about Suttle, then you'll of seen his pattern. Before the disclaimer, he made Star Wars out to be cinema gold. Then after the disclaimer, he says how brainless Lucas was ever to make Star Wars and that Episode 3 will be a huge failure, dissapointment and will bomb at the box office. Obviously he does not know squat about how many people will be in attendance for one of the most anticipated movies in cinema history, mainly because we'll all get to see how Vader was born.

And according to Hyperspace, this scene does exist, so again, don't be fooled by what SS says. smile

SMX

Darth Jello
even though they haven't updated in a long time, shadow of the sith says its in. since this rumor originated with reliable sources, not with shadow, and since it's still on their plot summary, it's probably in there. the only scene that may or may not be cut according to rick mccallum is one featuring the EU character.

DarthDavid
Now now people, lets not venture off into EU, Anyhow, now to just a normal star wars fan, how the heck wouldnt yoda be able to deflect sidious's lightning like he did to Dooku? You suppose that sidious's charge is stronger and that Yoda cannot handle it? Possible, but i think it would go off nicely to see him using a sabre.

DarthDave

dwarfvader
do not underestermate the power of the emperror <Yoda EPVI>

Sith Master X
It looks like Sidious does officially have a Saber now. Check out the hyperspace pics on it posted by DragonX in the New Ep3 Pics thread.

SMX
cool

dwarfvader
palpatine's lightsaber color is in side black and the outer ring withe

yerssot
what makes you think that?

dwarfvader
yoda wil get badley hurt and even wounded

Sith Master X
As far as I know Sidious is supposed to have a red lightsaber.

SMX
cool

dwarfvader
and i know vrom a source that in a atack of anakin he wil force
jump to obi and penetrate his lightsaber in obi's leg ,then from the shock
and to protect himself obi kuts off anakins left arm,and the lightsaber of anakin closes auto

yerssot
nice source, care to say where you got it from?

dwarfvader
i rote it in a book ,the guy how rote it was on the set ,he saw anakin puled op by ropes to make the jump

but this book is in stores here in the netherlands you wil have to come out of youre tv-set

dwarfvader
lol laughing laughing

yerssot
I was refering to the color of sidious lightsabre

dwarfvader
BLACK is side WHITE on the out

yerssot
how do you know that

dwarfvader
the same book

dwarfvader
and i find verry mutch on google Happy Dance

yerssot
ok... NAME the book than

dwarfvader
starwars forces

i find your lack of fate disturbing no

wuTa
laughing out loud

yerssot
can't help it, I don't trust dutchies stick out tongue

starwars forces? I'll give it a look out next time

dwarfvader
this dutchie don't trust a guy ho believes comes out a tv-set
thumb down eek! laughing

yerssot
and you should not, cause my ally is... myself confused

dwarfvader
All members are equal, but some members are more equal than others
blink

dwarfvader
look man, sho me some slack ok yerssot of watever f#*k you neme is

Sith Master X
Hmm...sorry, but I still think Sidious has a red saber, that's what I've heard from all the sources around here, but I guess we won't know till the movie or another official announcement is made by SW.

SMX
cool

dwarfvader
also i have red vrom a source (maybe)anakin uses red lightning

dwarfvader
confused

dwarfvader
embarrasment oeps 1ste time to try a pic to lode to here

dwarfvader
http://www.cswu.cz/epizoda3/videa/e3.wmv confused confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.