How is 21 Grams?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
I haven't heard too much about this movie other than it is suppose to be good. What type of movie is it (compare it to something)?

Cinemaddiction
Well, the style was somewhat similar to "Amores Perros", but the story itself is rather unique.

It's basically a story about how three seperate people become all have a devistating turning point in their life, that in turn, brings the 3 of them together in the end.

I have to warn you though it is VERY, VERY confusing and hard to follow in the beginning because there is basically NINE different stories playing out all at the same time. Each of the three characters has their past, present, and future played out in the movie. One to show how they were, one to show how they are, and one to show how they will be.

The beauty part of it is although what I mentioned above plays out how it does, the ending is still not spoiled, and actually makes you draw the wrong conclusion, which may be what was so interesting and unique.

I liked it personally, not too sure if I'd be able to watch it again though. Besides, the DVD has NO extras, not even a trailer IIRC.

Tex
It's dark, gloomy, depressing, but the ending is happy, somewhat.

burlyman
I really wanna se it, but it's another gem my local cinema seems to have overlooked roll eyes (sarcastic)

roundisfunny
I rented it a few days ago. The moment I figured out what was going on, I looked at the countdown timer. It was about 47 minutes into the movie. At that point, I started enjoying it a lot more (it was about the time, I believe, that the hospital started talking to the woman about organ donation).

I also liked the fact that when we see Sean Penn gasping and stumbling through the desert, or sitting in the hospital bed, clinging to life, we're forced to assume that it's something from the beginning, before he got the temporarily life-saving heart.

Overall, I'd call it very depressing, but at least worth watching once.

MarkHobin
Yeh i went to see this, sheerly because nothing else was on at the time, but i got in there and i really enjoyed it,Sean Penn is such an under rated actor. This movie has monatage editing throughout,

Worth going to see!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.