Zork.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morridini
Has anyone heard of this game?
I downloaded this game Zork for many years ago and liked it for some time until I got stuck and couldn't get anywhere. None of my friends had ever hear of Zork so I assumed it wasn't well known. But some days ago when reading Patriot games by Timothy Zahn, the main character mentions the game Zork. So I just wondered if it is known in the US, and if so what do u think about it? I haven't played it in years now, but I think it is good.

Smasandian
Well, its unknown by the general videogame public because its bloody old. But hardcore gamers who are not young will remember it. Its one of the first adventure games out there, but entirely text based.

hotsauce6548
I have no idea what it is, but then again I'm young...

§P0oONY
Great game...

Those who have never heard of it... download this and play it

If you don't trust me.... get it here http://www.infocom-if.org/downloads/downloads.html

kenney
This was an interesting game in its day. With my relatives we managed to put our heads together and beat the Zork series and some others out during the early 80's. I believe after Godesses of Phobos, they started turning to graphics based text games with Wonderland and Journey then eventually Myst. ( I never did beat that one)

OMG I just looked in my Journey box it has 5 1/4 inch floppy disks in it, got a drive I can borrow.... LMFAO)

Anyway thanks for the link I'm going to try playing it I always did like them.

General Kaliero
Haha! Zork! I have better memories of Kroz, actually, but damn I'd love to play Zork again. Thanks.

PVS
how old i am: i played zork on the commodor 64 when it was brand new.

crazy_shadow
dude i loved zork, i played it when i was a kid. i was only..6? but hell i played it and it was fun!...yeah ammusing i found it fun at age 6

i remember when myst first came out too...and the labrynth, wow oldschool mystery games huh?

Ushgarak
Yay Zork!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.