The "double saber" mystery answered?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Naredhel
I remember in the Dark Ages when I used to live on TFN (pft) that there were squeakings of someone using a double bladed saber (as in Maul-stylee)... having just watched the lego game trailer, we can see Grevious using two double bladed sabers... is this a chance? Comments? How valid is the lego game trailer for a source of information?

smoker4
I wouldnt bank on it happening but you never know happy

Mist
the ep3 game has double bladed jedi, but that might just be for adding something different.....sad

General Zink
Possibly, one of the Knights Anakin slaughters might use a double-edged blade.

Naredhel
I doubt that Zink... jedi don't really use doubles do they? Always thought of it more as a Sith thing. Maul built one of the first as well... can't remember where I heard that (If it's not just BS that is)

And Mist, this ain't no "game"... this is Lego... and the Lego never lies dammit!

General Zink
Could be right about that one...

Mist
Originally posted by Naredhel
And Mist, this ain't no "game"... this is Lego... and the Lego never lies dammit!

im talking about the official gamewink and there was 2 bladed jedi as well....but that seems to be standard these days..

Malic Clanorian
i thought only the dark side was able to weild double edged saber..to inflict maximum damage on its opponent the only 2 jedi i knew of that used it were Exar Kun and Darth Maul..both were evil..Exar Kun made his when he turned to the dark side i believe

Boris
Two double-bladed... Four normal ones.... Grievous is quite the swordsman....

Naredhel
Yeah Malic, that's what I heard, but it's all EU... so take with a bucket of salt.

Three Owls
or possibly, grevious' body gaurds...not really a saber, but double sided none-the-less.

General Zink
Very true, didn't think of that.

Obiwalker08
a little off topic...but what saber form is double bladed anyway??

El_NINO
Doesnt Palpatine use Double-Sided?

StinkFist462
have you seen the trailer ?

Stunrun
well they show Anakin performing lightening in the ROTS game, and its pretty much confirmed that he doesnt use it in the movie. Game adaptations always have alot of extra material that's not seen.

jedi90
I doubt that Zink... jedi don't really use doubles do they? Always thought of it more as a Sith thing. Maul built one of the first as well... can't remember where I heard that (If it's not just BS that is)

i don't think its been officially stated that double blades are a sith weapon, only that it takes alot of focus. and who says maul built the first one?

Naredhel
It may be EU... can't remember erm

But something twigs in me that says Jedi don't use them big grin

trovext
The double-bladed jedi in epsidoe 3 is Nebur Foxis the jedi played by SuperShadow.

bill9d9
Originally posted by trovext
The double-bladed jedi in epsidoe 3 is Nebur Foxis the jedi played by SuperShadow. sick

Naredhel
Originally posted by trovext
The double-bladed jedi in epsidoe 3 is Nebur Foxis the jedi played by SuperShadow.

Don't swear mad wink

smoker4
Arrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhh he who must not be named

trovext
laughing out loud

master sifadius
Here is a pic:
http://img222.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img222&image=untitled9rn.png

trovext
that the jedi temple?

Naredhel
yeah, that's a game pic... it means nada.

jedi90
yeah, that's a game pic... it means nada.

yeah, and according to the game descriptions that guy is a brute jedi, whatever the hell that means.

Naredhel
... that's game speak for "harder than standard"

... still means nothing erm

SugarJunky
ever since The Phantom Menace...nearly all games have expanded the idea on double bladed lightsabers/ Just look at KOTOR 1+2 for example.

stefaan
George Lucas said that a doublebladed is a Sith weopon no jedi wielding them i guess.

Milosz006
Originally posted by stefaan
George Lucas said that a doublebladed is a Sith weopon no jedi wielding them i guess.

Are you positive? I was under the impression that the Jedi designed the double-bladed lightsaber but that the plans were stolen by the Sith. I believe it was meant to be used as a training device or something like that.

stefaan
Who gave you that idea?

AE86
i herd that long ago...............the double blade was only used by those who truly were masters of the force and blade, because it took a great deal of skill, dedication and mastery in the force to be learn the stance. but because there was a double blade it meant it was seen as a more attacking an aggressive stance which is not the jedi way....so it was not used by the jedi knights and was lost to the archives which might explain why the sith lords might learn the use of the double blade......

but wot do i know im just a boy racer........

Jedi Priestess
Actually Pablo confirmed a long time ago that there will be NO double bladed saber action in ROTS.

stefaan
That's only for the better, or elseit would have lost it's mystery.

Lord Banshee
I have completed the Lego game this morning... and Grievous doesnt use double sabers at all! Perhaps you saw wrong, or you saw Grievous fighting with his hands together so it looked like a double saber.

Lord Banshee
BTW sidious is also in the lego game and his fighting style ... wel .. lets just say its pretty good.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.