Dr. Doom & Dr. Strange vS Magneto & Professor Xavier

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Who's Gonna Win ! Magneto & Professor X vS Dr. Doom & Dr. Strange !!

Alpha Centauri
Well Dr. Doom can de magnitise his suit, and Professor X tried controlling his mind, but couldn't.

I'm confident that Strange could take Xavier or Magneto in one on one. Teamed with Doom, they'd be pretty formidible. So I'm leaning toward Strange and Doom.

Taking nothing away from X and M, they'd give it a good old try.

-AC

DigiMark007
Prep time would be huge for Doom and Strange. Even without it though, Strange could probably handle them both himself. Add a de-magnitized Doom and the parents of Onslaught are in for a woodshed beating.

-DM

demigawd
I'm assuming this is no prep.

Doom de-magnetizing his suit would be meaningless against Magneto. Magneto imprisons Doom within his own suit by circumventing the electronics inside the suit. Once he circumvents the circuitry, he makes Doom shoot Strange. Then he makes Doom shoot himself.

Xavier watches and scolds Magneto afterwards. Magneto shrugs and they go play some chess.

seaapple
I think Dr. Strange is taken out just a little too easily in your scenario "demigawd"...

demigawd
Yeah, you're probably right. I just hate having to deal with magic. Too vague for my tastes. It's too easy to say,

"Strange casts a spell giving him the powers of the Living Tribunal. Then he erases Magneto and Xavier"

"But he's never done anything like that!"

"Doesn't matter. He knows magic"

Hate magic.

Beyonder
Doom blast Xavier into oblivion. Strange turns Magneto into Michael Jackson. Doom then proceeds to pimpslap him into oblivion.

Tormentor_2004
Doom and Strange

demigawd
Originally posted by Beyonder
Strange turns Magneto into Michael Jackson.

See?

Screw this thread...

kgkg
can strange really do this.

I know it's magic but what are his limits.

demi you don't like magic huh?

demigawd
I hate magic. I mean, I KNOW there are limits, there MUST be limits to what magic can do, but since nobody knows what those limits are, you get people saying stuff like, "Strange can turn Magneto into Michael Jackson" and "Zantanna can say 'Die Thanos' backwards" and nobody can counter it because there are never really any demonstrated limits to magic. So it's basically a blank check in debates.

Alpha Centauri
Well well well.

Or as Doom would say, Vell Vell Vell.

-AC

Cosmic_Beings
Originally posted by demigawd
I'm assuming this is no prep.

Doom de-magnetizing his suit would be meaningless against Magneto. Magneto imprisons Doom within his own suit by circumventing the electronics inside the suit. Once he circumvents the circuitry, he makes Doom shoot Strange. Then he makes Doom shoot himself.

Xavier watches and scolds Magneto afterwards. Magneto shrugs and they go play some chess.

You think that Dr. Strange would just be shot by Doom without protecting himself? He would freeze Doom in time to fix him later, then pull some mystic scolls and crap on Magneto and Xavier, permanently taking their mutant powers away.

demigawd
Originally posted by Cosmic_Beings
You think that Dr. Strange would just be shot by Doom without protecting himself? He would freeze Doom in time to fix him later, then pull some mystic scolls and crap on Magneto and Xavier, permanently taking their mutant powers away.

You SEE? You SEE what I mean??? What do you SAY to that? How can you possibly counter that???

Strange vs. Hulk: Strange casts a spell and turns Hulk back into Banner
Strange vs. Doom: Strange casts a spell taking Doom out of his armor
Strange vs. Magneto: Strange casts a spell de-activating the mutant X gene
Strange vs. Silver Surfer: Strange casts a spell separating Surfer from the power cosmic
Strange vs. Thanos: Strange casts a spell turning Thanos into mute cotton candy
Strange vs. Galactus: Strange casts a spell turning Galactus back into Galan

It's so stupid!

Alpha Centauri
I know some other stuff that's stupid, except it wasn't stupid when they said it. It was "right" and "logical".

Funny how these things work out.

-AC

demigawd
If you're referring to what I think you're referring to, you're so far off it's not even worth discussing.

There's a HUGE difference between coming up with scientific reasons why things can happen and dealing with a character who can do - literally - anything. HUGE difference.

Alpha Centauri
Yep.

Of course there is Demi, of course.

BUT, like you said. Not worth debating.

-AC

Beyonder
Strange vs. Hulk: Strange casts a spell and turns Hulk back into Banner

True. I don't see why he can't.

Strange vs. Doom: Strange casts a spell taking Doom out of his armor

Possible.

Not sure about that one, but I know he can turn him into Jackson. Magneto's body is not that durable.

Strange vs. Silver Surfer: Strange casts a spell separating Surfer from the power cosmic

Nope. Unless he uses tailsmans or channels power from some higher deity, he can't. Strange does have limits - and Surfer is it.

Strange vs. Thanos: Strange casts a spell turning Thanos into mute cotton candy

Please, Thanos isn't beyond reality warping. He's survived worse. Strange is gonna need to channel someone like the Vishanti's or Eternity to do something like that.

Strange vs. Galactus: Strange casts a spell turning Galactus back into Galan

Again, Eternity or the Vishanti to do something like that - in this cause it might not even work. Galactus is too powerful for just some shit like that. He stalemated Aggamotto in his realm. Strange pissed off Aggamotto, then pulled Galactus' ship into that realm to assist him. And this was while Galactus, Nova, Surfer, and Strange were trying to find the source of energy during Infinity Wars.

demigawd

Not sure about that one, but I know he can turn him into Jackson. Magneto's body is not that durable.

Why wouldn't Strange be able to de-activate the mutant gene? What is it in the definition of Strange's powers that could prevent him from doing something like that?

Based on what? Strange channels the holy so-and-sos, and they're clearly more powerful than Surfer, so why wouldn't magic work on him?

Why wouldn't it work on Thanos? What does Thanos have that prevents magic from having that effect on him? Why couldn't Strange cast a spell to change him to cotton candy, then cast another spell to remove conscious thought from him, leaving him cotton candy permanently?

And he channels Vishanti's powers all the time. Even Eternity. Why couldn't he do that and then eat Thanos?

So again, if STRANGE could SUMMON Galactus, pulling his entire ship into a realm, doesn't that mean that his magic can affect Galactus? So then why couldn't he channel Vishanti and Eternity and whoever else to defeat Galactus too? Why couldn't he change Galactus to a bunny? When has Galactus resisted a spell?

Scoobless
ok, before spells even come into it Strange is protected from Xavier by his amulets so he doesn't even have to worry about that.... then it's just a case of Strange making like Scotty and altering the laws of physics so that Magneto ends up with only the power to make frogs regurgitate and Demigawd ends up with the power to get annoyed that magic so easily circumvented his precious physics........ stick out tongue

Beyonder
Why wouldn't Strange be able to de-activate the mutant gene? What is it in the definition of Strange's powers that could prevent him from doing something like that?

'Kay, what ever you say. Strange owns Magneto even harder than.

That fact that he has to channel that power. Even then, he doesn't have all their powers, only a fraction of it.

Because Chaos and Order stated that him and Warlock are outside their realm. Chaos and Order are the top of the magic hierarchy from what I know. Beyonder and Surfer can transmute things, Thanos kicked both of their asses.

Odin creates things like the Cask of Winters Past, the Amulet of A Thousand Suns, Mljornir, and help enchant the Destroyer armor. Odin's magic >>>>Strange. Thanos ordered Surfer to his side against Odin, not Strange.

Thanos did fairly well against Odin.

He's also had trouble with the Mindless Ones. Even when he channels their power, it takes time and even then only receives a fraction of their powers. Only on rare occusions does he get the full power of his deity.

He was traveling with Galactus, his was utilizing the Eye of Aggamotto when he was pulled into that dimension. When Aggamotto was pissed, Strange desperately pulled the World Ship into Aggamotto's realm. Heck, he wasn't even sure that spell was going to work. Galactus shows up and finds Aggamotto. Then demanded the Eye; they fight while Strange hides behind his shield from the conflict. Hoggath and Oshtur showed up complaing to Aggamotto that their battle was shaking other dimensions nearby. Even though Aggamotto thought and insisted his fellow Vishantis to assist him in ridding Galactus, he eventually agreed to stop and allow Galactus and Strange to leave his realm.

Galactus>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Strange

And no, Strange can't just obtain the full power of higher deities with them allowing to do so. Without their permission, he can only access small portions of their power like every other sorcerrors with sufficient magical knowledge.

demigawd
Originally posted by Scoobless
Demigawd ends up with the power to get annoyed that magic so easily circumvented his precious physics........ stick out tongue

Bastard! stick out tongue

BASTARD!!!! I'm trying to get some sense of perspective on Strange's powers here and you take advantage!

Well, given that Surfer is nothing compared to people like the Vishanti, and Strange borrowing even 10% of the power of each of them should be more than enough to override Surfer's power. How can Surfer override magic when Surfer's power is within the confines of physical laws and magic circumvents them?

ok, now we're getting somewhere. Can you tell me a bit more about this magic hierarchy.

Beyonder and Surfer CAN transmute things...but did either of them try it against Thanos? I think Surfer has only energy blasted Thanos, as did Beyonder. Has Thanos ever either 1)Transformed himself from some other state under his own power or 2)Prevented himself from being transformed into some other state under his own power? If the answer is "no" to either, then Strange can probably transmute Thanos and easily beat him.

Well, Odin's magic is even greater, so that's understandable. I'm not putting Strange against magic beings, which just adds to the confusion. I'm putting him against beings who exist within the confines of my precious physics.

Odin didn't try any real magic against him. Just beat him up and blasted him.

What are those occasions? And how long does it take for him to cast spells? So he can't do some huge transmuting spell with a wave of the hand, then? He has to concentrate? Under what circumstances does he have to make speeches vs. just concentrating and doing it?

This will definitely help establish operating parameters for Strange.

So Strange wasn't sure the spell was going to work...but it did. He hid behind a shield, which means he was able to block power from both G and Hellomotto. That's already two situations in which his power has had an effect against G. I mean, pulling G's entire world ship is CRAZY powerful. If he could do all of that...what resistence to magic has G demonstrated?

Why couldn't Strange freeze time on G, make a deal with the Vishanti while G is frozen to gang up on him, teleport him to their realm and have the Vishanti dogpile G while he's still frozen in time?

ok, so he freezes time on Thanos, works out some deal to get extra power from the Vishanti, comes back and levels him. Why wouldn't that work?

Beyonder

Well, given that Surfer is nothing compared to people like the Vishanti, and Strange borrowing even 10% of the power of each of them should be more than enough to override Surfer's power. How can Surfer override magic when Surfer's power is within the confines of physical laws and magic circumvents them?

I don't even think it's 10%. Those minor spells are used to borrow minor things like Cyttorak's Crimson Bands, Aggamotto's Eye to see through enchantments and such, Womb's winds, etc. When he was a newbie, he even called Dormammu's name to use his powers.

He gets minor (still powerful) magic from them. During his journey in the World Ship with Galactus, he is pulled into the realm of Cyttorak. Nova is kidnaped and Strange tries to reason with Cyttorak. He had to tell Cyttorak that he was using some of the deity's magic and in a way spreading Cyttorak's glory like Juggernaut was. It's that minor that even Cyttorak wasn't aware that Strange was borrowing his power.

Thanos was given a power up by Death. Wether she is powered by mystcial or cosmic energy, she's still on Eternity and Infinity's level. Thanos' isn't a being you transmute not with his power up and Eternal origin. You can't transmute Eternal, and Thanos is more powerful than normal Titans as he's part Earth Eternal (stronger than Titan Eternals), plus he's also a mutant among his people. Sersi can transmute things, and Thanos is above her. Even before his death and ressurrection; Thanos turned a Skrull into stone under his own power.

It really depends on how powerful the spell. If he has talismans with him, it makes it quicker. But he could reach levels above Surfer or Thor given sufficient time to cast his spells. However, things like envoking the Crimson Bands and Eye Of Aggamotto takes only a few seconds. Furthermore, he has an auto protect shield around him.

Neither Galactus or Aggamotto directed their attack at Strange. He shield wouldn't hold out if either went after him. He pulled the World Ship through a barrier - it still doesn't mean he has anything over Galactus. Galactus' ship has been blown up by lessers like all of SHIELD but easily repaired. Strange has nothing on Galactus, who can make heralds as powerful or more powerful than Strange.

Why? He was assisting Galactus in the first place. He pulled Galactus in to help him against Aggamotto. The Vishanti are most peaceful; Aggamotto was pissed that Galactus was in his realm.

He hasn't frozen time to my knowledge. He's used shields and such to buy more time. Nope, they don't just allow him to use their full might for minor fights. Even when the universe was at stake by Magus, Aggamotto didn't even care since it wasn't his cosmo.

When he fought Shuma Gorath (once sorcerror supreme of it's dimension, later merged with it's dimension), Eternity gave Strange the power to fight and beat Shuma Gorath.

demigawd
I don't even think it's 10%. Those minor spells are used to borrow minor things like Cyttorak's Crimson Bands, Aggamotto's Eye to see through enchantments and such, Womb's winds, etc. When he was a newbie, he even called Dormammu's name to use his powers.

That's all well and good, but even with that amount of magic, how would Surfer be able to resist it? What's the resistence level of magic when it circumvents the laws of physics? What would make Surfer immune to Strange's spells, even if borrowing a fraction of Vishani power?

Would that make Thanos immune to transmuting, or does he just have the power to undo the transmuting? And isn't there a difference between shifting molecules and magically...changing somebody? What if you shift their consciousness? So that they can no longer will themselves to change? Why couldn't Strange cast a spell to make Thanos forget who he is...THEN transmute him, so that he couldn't change back?

I can understand how Thor's magical nature could resist minor spells, but I'm still not getting how Surfer and Thanos, who aren't magical and don't have special magic resistence, could resist even mild spells.

I can see that being the case weith Aggamotto, but couldn't Strange just create a dimensional shield that will absorb G's blast and direct it to another dimension? This way, there doesn't have to be a shield to hold things up.

I guess what I'd like to know is at what level, during debates involving Strange, do you make the distinction between "instant" and "needing a talisman that he's not equipped with by default" and "needing a few seconds" and "needing an entire spell and special permission from the Vishanti"? Because I'm always hearing, "Strange can just...." and it never made sense to me because that basically makes him a reality manipulator. So what are the guidelines for determining how much he can do quickly?

But what is power if you don't have any resistence to magic? What is having mastery of physical aspects of the universe against magic if magic doesn't obey any of those laws? Why couldn't Strange cast a spell to just remove the cosmic power from any Herald?

I'm speaking theoretically.

I guess I'd like to know what their "full might" would give him anyway. The guidelines seem so lax and fluid that it's impossible to know one way or another. And just because he hasn't frozen time...doesn't mean he couldn't. It's just a magic thing, isn't it?

Beyonder
That's all well and good, but even with that amount of magic, how would Surfer be able to resist it? What's the resistence level of magic when it circumvents the laws of physics? What would make Surfer immune to Strange's spells, even if borrowing a fraction of Vishani power?

You'd think but I don't know of a deity that he can evoke to transmute things. He can do it on a smaller scale but move it up and he needs extra juice. The more durable their body, the more magic is required.

For instance, Strange can only utilize Cyttorak's Crimson Bands to bind people or shield himself. He doesn't have access to the Unstoppablity and might that Juggernaut receives from Cyttorak. He can only envoke Cyttorak's Crimson Bands. More power means permission from the deity. Trion or 8th Day Juggernaut gets nore power from Cyttorak with his permission. Trion Juggy was basically Cyttorak, doing things like breaking through dimensions with punches.

Agamotto provides the Eye to see through spells or locate things throughout the universe. Agamotto has more powers than that, but Strange isn't getting any of it just invoking Agamotto's name.

The Flames of Faltine are just one of Dormammu's powers. Strange (newbie) stop invoking Dormammu's power once he found out who Dormammu was.

Furthermore, Surfer is on another level. Galactus is as great as any other mystical beings. Power Cosmic is as well, not saying PC is equal to mystical source but it's not far behind. Strange is still mortal and limited to what spells he can cast on his own and spells he needs to invoke a deity's name. Magic and Power Cosmic can do uncanny things, but the limit depends on the user.

Relative. If Strange was channeling Eternity or Infinity or some greater source than yes. But Thanos for the most part isn't transmutable. Magic is just the opposite of physics. There's going to be a limit.

You don't have to be a magic user to be resistance to magic transmution and vice versa. During his fight with Odin, Thanos pointed out to Odin that no matter what you call it, it's still just energy. Thor is born mystical, Strange learned the art. Thanos was born with cosmic powers as any Eternal, Surfer was given them. Everyone taps into power in different ways, it's not the title of power but the limit the person that wields it.

Agamotto would crush Surfer in so many ways. Not because Agamotto is mystical and Surfer is not, Agamotto just has more power. Agamotto against Galactus - stalemate. And we both know Galactus isn't mystical.

I looked through that issue. Agamotto pulled Strange the Eyes and the Orb of Agamotto into his realm because he didn't like Strange using them to assist "the Devourer of Worlds." Strange tries to leave with the Eyes and Orb, but Agamotto uses that the orb the encase Strange. Strange pulls in the World Ship, and Agamotto remarks that Strange was smart to use the Orb's power to that. Hence, Strange used a talisman (that he's used before) to pull off that feat. As Agamotto and Galactus fought it out, Strange manages to take advantage and escape from the Orb. An energy wave from the battle knocked Strange down.

Then Oshtur and Hoggath shows up. Agamotto then remarks that they came here because Strange sent a distress message to them. They acknowledge and adds that the battle was wrecking havoc to other dimensions. Agamotto agrees to let Strange and Galactus leave with the talismans.

Strange never used his shield; it was actually the Orb Of Agamotto.

First off, he almost always has his auto shield. Secondly he utilizes the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak as either a shield or constraint. Thirdly, he can easily effect low durability level beings easier than higher ones. Magneto can take shots from Hulk only because of his shield - his body itself is at best peak human level.

The more powerful and durable the foe, the longer it takes from him to finish them off. Under his own mystical power, he'd be about a notch below Thor, Beta Ray Bill, Surfer, etc. level. When he invokes deities, he's on their level or can exceed it.

???Power is power. Magic does have limit as does Power Cosmic. Strange can't undo something Galactus gave to his Herald. Only way possible is more power behind Strange's spell.

He can travel back in time. I'm not sure he can freeze time; he's yet to demonstrate it during desire times like Infinity Gauntlet, War, Crusade, etc. Even if he can, Surfer has frozen time as well from what I know.

demigawd
Ah, I get it now. So when using Strange in debates, he's really only limited to what the diety can do and what that diety is willing to give him? So someone can't just say, "Strange removes the X-gene from this mutant" or "Strange just opens up a black hole and sucks the earth in", he'd have to have a diety who is able to do that, right? But how do you know what the diety can and cannot do and how much of their power is necessary (spell prep time) to do it?

I'm doing all of this because I hate magic, but no one has really come forward and put limits on it. Your explanations will go a long way to putting some clamps on the "Strange blinks them out of existence" insta-logic that Strange supporters use.

Beyonder
Ah, I get it now. So when using Strange in debates, he's really only limited to what the diety can do and what that diety is willing to give him? So someone can't just say, "Strange removes the X-gene from this mutant" or "Strange just opens up a black hole and sucks the earth in", he'd have to have a diety who is able to do that, right? But how do you know what the diety can and cannot do and how much of their power is necessary (spell prep time) to do it?

I'm doing all of this because I hate magic, but no one has really come forward and put limits on it. Your explanations will go a long way to putting some clamps on the "Strange blinks them out of existence" insta-logic that Strange supporters use.

Skim through it again. I just added more.

As for portals to other dimensions, he can do that on his own. He can also use astral form as well. It's not always deities, only sometimes and especially when he needs more power.

As for removing the X-gene, only if he has more power or there's actually a spell for such a thing.

Everybody has a limit. Zantanna can't just tell Thanos to turn into a frog just because she said it backwards. She's mystical, but she does have limit. That's why the whole argument about her being the most powerful member of the JLA is b.s.

kgkg
Skim through it again. I just added more.

As for portals to other dimensions, he can do that on his own. He can also use astral form as well. It's not always deities, only sometimes and especially when he needs more power.

As for removing the X-gene, only if he has more power or there's actually a spell for such a thing.

Everybody has a limit. Zantanna can't just tell Thanos to turn into a frog just because she said it backwards. She's mystical, but she does have limit. That's why the whole argument about her being the most powerful member of the JLA is b.s.
true but hard to prove.

demigawd
Interesting...so he can only do things if there's a spell for it or if the diety he invokes let's him do it. I'm going to remember all this stuff. it definitely makes magic less intimidating. I hope everybody is reading this! Bitches!

Pointinel
yeah! **** strange! he cant stop wanda!

and now im forced to pay an additional estimate of $100 for this "house of m(arketing)"

prof x can kill strange with just a thought, really

long pig
He already has, by mind wiping her. Plus he didn't want to hurt her.

It's the other way around, Prof's telepathy is negated by Strange's eye.
Which would leave X as a normal crippled guy.

Also, Strange's telepathy>Prof' X's telepathy.

Cosmic Flame
Originally posted by long pig
He already has, by mind wiping her. Plus he didn't want to hurt her.

It's the other way around, Prof's telepathy is negated by Strange's eye.
Which would leave X as a normal crippled guy.

Also, Strange's telepathy>Prof' X's telepathy.

That's not necessarily true. The Eye almost never works instantaneously (I don't think I've ever seen it work instantaneously, but I'm leaving myself some wiggle room). Strange has to consciously call on the power of the Eye. Whenever he wants to uncover truth he says, "My all seeing Eye will uncover the truth." If he needs help, "The Eye will show me the path." I can't recall off the top of my head anytime that the Eye assisted Strange of it's own volition.

That said, I think Xavier can get to Strange much faster than Strange can use the Eye. Xavier could also fry his ass. People often forget that TPs have trouble with some opponets because they try take them out of the fight and not do permanent damage. There are very, very, very few people that would be able to oppose one of the top tiered TPs who wants to shut them down.

What would really rock, though, is if this battle took place on the astral plane. Who would win then?

long pig
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
That's not necessarily true. The Eye almost never works instantaneously (I don't think I've ever seen it work instantaneously, but I'm leaving myself some wiggle room). Strange has to consciously call on the power of the Eye. Whenever he wants to uncover truth he says, "My all seeing Eye will uncover the truth." If he needs help, "The Eye will show me the path." I can't recall off the top of my head anytime that the Eye assisted Strange of it's own volition.

That said, I think Xavier can get to Strange much faster than Strange can use the Eye. Xavier could also fry his ass. People often forget that TPs have trouble with some opponets because they try take them out of the fight and not do permanent damage. There are very, very, very few people that would be able to oppose one of the top tiered TPs who wants to shut them down.

What would really rock, though, is if this battle took place on the astral plane. Who would win then?

Strange took on MoonDragon w/mind gem in a telepathic fight, without using the eye. And he won.

Strange is nearly as good without the Eye as X, and as soon as he conjures it, he's immune to telepathic assaults and it magnifies his already immense telepathy.
X isn't frying anything.

On the Astral Plane, Strange would win there too. He can still use magic and the eye on the astral plane.

long pig
Strange has already beaten the Shadow King on the Astral Plane, X would probably be less of a fight.

Cosmic Flame
Well, just about everyone's beaten the Shadow King. That doesn't mean anything really.

When did Strange fight Moondragon w/the Mind Gem? I MUST HAVE IT!!!

And to say that Strange's TP is almost as good without the Eye as Xavier's is a very bold statement. I don't see him being nearly as good as any of the top X-TPs. That's not to say that he isn't good. But while TP is a tool for him, it's not his primary weapon like it is for TPs. His training hasn't been as rigorous. It would be different if he were like Doom and divided his time between to arts, but he focuses on one. Strange's province is magic, while Xavier's is the brainand all its nooks and crannies.

Being able to resist being controlled or having your mind read is very different than having your brain turned to mush. In this case, I think it'll come down to who gets the first shot. If Strange can employ the Eye first, then X is screwed. If not, then Strange is toast.

Tony Stark
Nobody's even mentioning DOOM he can probably take Mag's and Pro X. by him self at least very close. Add Strange and it's overkill Strange and DOOM win easily. cool

long pig
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
Well, just about everyone's beaten the Shadow King. That doesn't mean anything really.

When did Strange fight Moondragon w/the Mind Gem? I MUST HAVE IT!!!

And to say that Strange's TP is almost as good without the Eye as Xavier's is a very bold statement. I don't see him being nearly as good as any of the top X-TPs. That's not to say that he isn't good. But while TP is a tool for him, it's not his primary weapon like it is for TPs. His training hasn't been as rigorous. It would be different if he were like Doom and divided his time between to arts, but he focuses on one. Strange's province is magic, while Xavier's is the brainand all its nooks and crannies.

Being able to resist being controlled or having your mind read is very different than having your brain turned to mush. In this case, I think it'll come down to who gets the first shot. If Strange can employ the Eye first, then X is screwed. If not, then Strange is toast.

Strange uses magical telepathy called mesmirsim, it's the exact same as normal telepathy, except it's based on magic, it's been shown tons of times that it's a bit more powerful than normal telepathy, magic telepathy has been used many times to shield themselves against high level normal telepathy

Strange is almost as good with his magic telepathy as X, he's had thousands of years practice using it, then add to that the Eye, and it's over before it starts.

I'll look for the moondragon fight. Do you think X could go head to head with her in a telepathic fight? I don't, at all.

long pig
It's Infinity Abyss #3 I think. Strange is standing, talking and MoonDragon suprise attacks him, Strange beats her in the mental fight and asks "How?" and Strange tells her "Part of being the Sorcerer Supreme is being as strong mentally as you are magically".

Anyway, technically Xavier is the most powerful telepath on earth, but it just happens to be that Strange is better at using mezmirism than Xavier is at using Telepathy.

Cosmic Flame
X would own Moondragon. She's not nearly as skilled as he is. She and Emma Frost are quite similar, using their power to get what they want out of people. Moondragon's always been so self involved, except when she was in the Infinity Watch. I don't see her having any advantage over X, except the use of her legs.

Mesmerism and TP aren't the same. There's so much more to TP than reading someone's mind and/or controlling them.

Just because he fought in the War of the Seven Spheres doesn't mean that he used TP at all. That was a totally different ball game. Remember when he walked in on the Vishanti and the Trinity of Ashes going at it, and the magic was so bright that it made a nuke explosion look like a firecracker? These were the biggest of the big dogs. I doubt Strange is going to be trying TP on these people, the vast majority of which I'm sure had power on his level at least.

long pig
I meant he's had more practice than X, it's impossible to say he hasn't giving all the training he has. Strange has said telepathy and mesmirism at a high degree like he has, are almost exactly the same.

So, if what he said is true, his high degree of Mesmerism backed by the Eye would make him more powerful than X. Even if he wasn't the first to react, he's good enough to hold X off until he can conjure the Eye.

MoonDragon with the Mind Gem would own X, easily.

Pointinel
lol @ long pig

apparently, xavier isnt the most powerful telepath in the world.... lol, the fanboyism

strange didnt help wanda... therefore, House of M
have you been living under a rock lately?

long pig
Can you not read, son?

Yes, Xavier is the best telepath in the world.
Strange is the best mesmerist in the world when backed by the EOA.
Strange's Mesmerism w/EOA> Xaviers telepathy. The End.

Strange didn't have time to help her, he mind wiped her and told the Avengers to get her help, they didn't, and therefore house of M.

Read more, talk less, that's your job from here on out, ok? good. big grin

Pointinel
chill... it's not that serious son

by the way you post your shit makes it look like youre saying x aint the best telepath

oh wait

you did say it, and i quote, Strange's telepathy>Prof' X's telepathy, unquote

everybody knows youre a dr. strange stan... but youre still 1 of my favorite posters in this bbs smile

end of.

long pig
And your point is?
I'm nobody's stan, I go off facts, not tag lines.

Strange's mesmerism backed by the EOA is > prof x's telepathy.
No other way to say it.

The EOA does for Strange what Cerebro does for X.

Like I said, and I quote :

Pointinel
now it's:

"Strange's mesmerism backed by the EOA is > prof x's telepathy."

but according to the previous page, it's:

"Strange's telepathy>Prof' X's telepathy"

c'mon son... your mind switches like a ******

i suggest you log off, A.S.A.P.

iight, shawty?

long pig
Now you're biting lines from a Nas album? Damn.

Read back, I said mesmerism and telepathy are the same thing, but mesmerism is magic. It can be called either, and has been called either many times.

Pointinel
lol

haha... nice

so there's more to you than comics then

dont sweat it... it aint that serious son ...one

long pig
Just a homage to Naz, like Jay-Z's whole career is a homage to biggie.

Jay-Z the biggest biter to ever get a deal! laughing

jrodslam
Originally posted by long pig
At least you didn't bite Big's lines 10,000 times and call it a "homage" aka Jay-Z's career.

Ouch. no

Pointinel
^word

you go to nas' bbs?

long pig
But it's true. Jay-Z teeth worn down he bites so much.

long pig
Never been to there, usually go to allhiphop.com, though.

Lotta g-unit stans on there though. sad

You heard Game's 300 bars and runnin' song yet?

Pointinel
not yet... but imma peep it right now

lol @ game tho..... name dropping mu****a

long pig

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.