What happens to Chewbacca?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

awain
After the battle of the Wookie world, (whatever the planet is called), where does Chewbacca go, does he fly off in the Millenuim Falcon or something. I've heard he becomes a prisoner or a slave and is freed by Han Solo (not in Episode III though).

LanİeWindu™
Kashyyyk

Yes he becomes enslaved by the Empire, along with countless other Wookies.

Literature and EU.

awain

ickeris2003
Poor Chewie. He's so cool though. I love him rock

DCLXVI
Well....

For many years, Chewie apparently lived happily on his world, (or as happily as he could with his people enslaved by the Trandoshans), "marrying" a fellow Wookie fem., named Mala....something. stick out tongue
They would have a son....can't remember his name....stick out tongue
Eventually, Chewie was himself put into the Slave Trade. An Imperial Convoy destroyed the Slaver ship, and took the only captive as it's slave: Chewbacca. Han Solo himself was the one who first captured Chewie, and was directly responsible for the Wookie's internment by the Empire. However, he would later rectify that fell deed, saving Chewbacca from slavery, becoming the walking-carpet's best friend.
The two shared many adventures together....some good, some bad, and some in the middle - eventually they won the MF from Lando Calrissian. They also managed to knock out an Espo Space Station, STAR'S END, at one point.
Eventually, over many, many years, Chewbacca sacrificed himself to save the life of young Anakin Solo, (though this was somewhat in vain), roaring defiantly and bravely as the moon Dobido slammed into the planet on which he trod....
One really good, heart-wrenching epitaph was provided by Chewie's father, Itchy, in the CHEWBACCA Comic Book Anthology:
"How could a mere moon be a match for my son?"

Chewbacca was many things: a son, a father, a husband, a brother. A loyal friend, a co-pilot, a babysitter. A warrior, and no less a war-hero of the CLONE WARS. Througout his relatively short 200 and some odd life, Chewbacca always did the thing that seemed right, even when it meant he had to sacrifice himself in a final battle - a final battle not trully worthy of the mighty Wookie.

Julie
Wookie planet....
in the words of Mira: It's something with too many k's and y's and sounds like you're gargling ronto spit when you try to say it

AragonIsKing
wink If its ligitimate, thanks for the info DCLXVI,, i did not know that.

DCLXVI
Legitimate indeed, EU wise....

Darth_Janus
DC, the Eu man. Very nicely written, btw. Sounds like you're at his viewing or something.

Sesse
At least Chewie had a nice house with a secred videophone and a nice holotv. And a very fancy balcon.

DCLXVI
Darth_Janus> Am I really? stick out tongue
I cried when I first read Chewie's death....it was eventually all for nothing....mad
Sesse> laughing out loud

Sith_Lord1
At the start of the Yuuzhan Vong invasion, Han Solo and Chewbacca were on the planet of Sernpidal when it became a target of the alien menace. Using massive gravity-altering creatures called dovin basals, the Yuuzhan Vong began to drag Serpidal's moon of Dobido from its orbit to the planet's surface. Han Solo, his son Anakin, and Chewbacca began organizing a desperate evacuation, cramming as many escapees aboard the Falcon as they could. Solo and Chewbacca have had many close calls in the past, and have executed countless last-second escapes. Sernpidal was not to be one of them. As the moon rushed closer to the surface, Chewbacca was cut off from the Falcon. Anakin was faced with a terrible decision. The Falcon could not wait any longer. Rather than endanger everyone aboard, Anakin piloted the ship away, leaving Chewbacca behind. Chewbacca stood his ground, howling defiantly at the immense moon as it crashed into Sernpidal's surface, killing the mighty Wookiee instantly.

kid-adi-mundi
the planet called kashek

((The_Anomaly))
umm, chewie dies actually. i dont really remember how he dies but he dies with han and his kids there, anyways han blames his kids (i dont know why) and yada yada

TraptUnderIce
Sith Lord sums up his death pretty much in his very dramatic paragraph. His son was called like Lumpawarump and he had a nephew named Lowbacca.

DCLXVI
People like repeating the same thing....stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.