Arrested Palpatine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

awain
There's something I don't understand about Episode III. In the full trailer, there is a part where Mace Windu and a few other Jedi knights enter Palpatine's office and get their lightsabers out and arrest him.
But I don't understand that because what has he been arrested for and apparently, Palpatine tells them who he really is (Sidious), so if the Jedi didn't know that from before why did they bother use their lightsabers when they came in to arrest him.

LanİeWindu™
The fact is, this was from the trailer, so you don't get the full story.

I've heard that they find out Palpatine has been dealing with the Sith, if not they already know he is one. So that is why they arrest him and come in with sabers blazing.

ctsketch
Anakin tells Mace that Palp is Sidious before they come in

EDIT: PLEASE use Spoiler tags.

awain

Lord Banshee
Anakin told Mace about Palp so Mace called Agen, Seasse and Kit for help and they arrested him.

PVS
Originally posted by ctsketch
Anakin tells Mace that Palp is Sidious before they come in

please use spoiler tags

LanİeWindu™
Originally posted by PVS
please use spoiler tags

Yes everyone, please use spoiler tags whenever possible.

This is one of the many things I am going to be cracking down on.

ickeris2003
Intresting very intresting indeed... erm

OB1-adobe
Anikan told the Council that Palps and Sids are one in the same

DarkMenace
the Jedi Council BELIEVE HIM? If i was a Jedi, I wouldnt believe what a teen would say

Lana
By ROTS he's not a teenager anymore...and even if they didn't fully believe him, that's something that they would definitely want to check out anyway.

mephistodesigns
What on earth would HE tell them for? that seems like betrayal....unless its all part of that beautifully executed plan of Palps... evil, but beautifully executed none the less.

umraan
how do you use spoiler tags?

awain
Originally posted by mephistodesigns
What on earth would HE tell them for? that seems like betrayal....unless its all part of that beautifully executed plan of Palps... evil, but beautifully executed none the less.

I think your right there, if Anakin does tell Windu and the other Jedi knights that Palpatine is Sidious, then Sidious would of planned to lead the Jedi into a trap so he could slaughter them all.

Jackie Malfoy
Originally posted by awain
There's something I don't understand about Episode III. In the full trailer, there is a part where Mace Windu and a few other Jedi knights enter Palpatine's office and get their lightsabers out and arrest him.
But I don't understand that because what has he been arrested for and apparently, Palpatine tells them who he really is (Sidious), so if the Jedi didn't know that from before why did they bother use their lightsabers when they came in to arrest him.

Good question I am not sure.But maybe theiy were not arresting him at all and it just looked like that.JM confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.