Wizard's Top Ten Superhero List

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Everyone has heard of the infamous "Toughest Superheroes in Comics" list. It is as followed from strongest to weakest:

1. Silver Surfer
2. Thor (Normal)
3. Superman
4. Wonder Woman
5. The Flash
6. Dr. Strange
7. Spawn (Normal)
8. Professor Charles Xavier
9. Firestorm
10. The Hulk

For this battle, all of the superheroes are jealous of our resident E.T. Silver Surfer. So they decide to band together to kick his pompous ass. Will they win?

Scoobless
for anyone who hasn't seen it, here it is..... with all of Wizards reasoning as to why each person is placed where they are

http://www.silver-surfer.us/Top10list/Top10List.htm

Draco69
Thanks Scoobless.

Scoobless
yes they will win, Firestorm can whip up some indestructable armour for Thor, and Wonder Woman (not Superman as Surfer could still theoretically drain him) Strange can cast protective spells over them, the Flash can lend them speed

also - Strange can give Hulk his levitation cloak and he can also get the armour and speed

Xavier can try to distract him...... but otherwise he is useless..... as Spawn may well be

pr1983
i say yes, they can...

they're too powerful combined for surfere imo...

DigiMark007
Yeah...too much credit for Surfer. No doubt the champion if he fought each one-on-one, but together they'd get the job done.

-DM

kgkg
Sufer is good at Top smile

i don't like hulk at number 10 tho.

and Prof.X should be replaced by MM.

Scoobless
can MM take Spawn?

Draco69
Professor X. should be replaced by MM. Agreed.
Green Lantern should be somewhere near the top. (They didn't add him because Kyle just got the ring)
Sentry should obviously be added. Provided Bendis let him stay omnipresent.

Draco69
Originally posted by Scoobless
can MM take Spawn?

I think he can. Too many variations of his powers. And Al aint exactly the best fighter.

kgkg
well i think sentry is too cheap and will get #1 spot for sure.

Draco69
I think Bendis probably downtoned him. Think about it. The Sentry is so powerful no conceivable threat could stop the New Avengers. Nothing would be a challenge.

Ultron: Cap yells "Sentry!" while sipping an All-American chocalate shake
Count Nefaria: "Sentry!"
The Thunderbolts: "Sentry!"
Korvac: "Sentry!"
Galactus: "Sentry!"
The Skrulls: "Sentry!"
Thanos: "Sentry!"

Ridiculous. The New Avengers wouldn't have to do anything but watch the Sentry whup everyone's ass by himself. No plot. Boring. Bendis wouldn't do that. He's most likely downtoned.

Sentry
The thing is when they have their problems Sentry isn't always going to be their. He has his own problems to deal with. His other half being a big part of it.

savagerampage
i think this would be more appropriate

1.silver surfer
2.thor
3.superman
4.Hulk
5.wonderwoman
6.dr. strange
7. prof x
8.flash
9.firestorm
10. spawn.

wonderwoman above hulk i dont think so

stormfront13
i don't agree w/ that list, but thats just my opinion

Draco69
I strongly believe that Wonder Woman is capable of defeating the Hulk. I already typed like 20, 000 words why. She's vastly underrated.

Draco69
And no way is the Hulk defeating Firestorm, Dr. Strange, the Flash or Spawn.

Prof. X is debatable because of Hulk's multiple personalities.

Spawn is iffy.

savagerampage
Hulks to strong for wonderwoman, plus his durability is endless compared to hers

stormfront13
wonder woman is completly capable oh defeating hulk. she's as strong as him and as invulnerable as him. she's faster,a WAY better fighter, and can fly

Draco69
Hulk is even to Wonder Woman initially. He grows stronger over time.

WW is pretty durable too. She got hit with a high velocity punch by Zoom five times. She went traveled at faster than light from New York to France to Egypt to China than finally to South Carolina. That's pretty durable.

WW has superspeed, her Lansarian technology and lasso on her side. (which can control nearly anyone even the Spectre). She also has Batman's fighting skills. Her forcefield in her bracelets adds nicely too. She can win.

Arachnoidfreak
current spawn would be much higher.

anyone see the top 10 supervillain list?

1 guess as to who is #1.

He's got a big D on his belt

Draco69
He would. However he was in his weaker version when the list was made.

savagerampage
Hulk is still too much for her to handle. wonder woman is a good character but she is best as a mid carder, She is below the main event status, which superman is at the top of

stormfront13
she is like a woman version of superman. as strong, as fast, a better fighter, and possibly smarter. wonder woman is completly capable of beating him

JWangSDC
Never seen that....any links!?

Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
current spawn would be much higher.

anyone see the top 10 supervillain list?

1 guess as to who is #1.

He's got a big D on his belt

Draco69
Maybe. However the Hulk is limited to super-strength, durability and healing factor.

Wonder Woman has alot more running for her. Her strength is nothing to laugh at (she moved the Moon, lifted Paradise Island for one day), she's faster than sound, her Lansarian technology can give her magical weapons and can heal her with the Purple Ray, and her lasso is unbreakable. She can tie him up and command him to revert to his human self or pummel a hog-tied Hulk. Her fighting skills are onpar with Batman and Lady Shiva. Hulk fights one-dimensionally. Wonder Woman is a master tactician and fighter. WW is fully capable of winning. Especially with her extensive knowledge of nerve strikes and pressure points.

savagerampage
she wont be able to. Shes better off fighting guys like parasite, super skrull, colossus, abomination, absorbing man, she isnt in the category of

superman,thor,doomsday,juggernaut,hulk,despero.drax

crazyspinz
worst list ever.

that is all.

stormfront13
savage do ou even know who wonder woman is??

savagerampage
But her durability, and the fact she isnt as strong as hulk will do her in. she will get tired and exshaust herelf, long before hulk does. when she does she will be beaten. She is the better tactian then the hulk but just for those 2 reasons she is done for.

Draco69
Hey! What about me? I responded. Look up.

Arachnoidfreak
Originally posted by JWangSDC
Never seen that....any links!?

No links, but I do own the issue.

Wizard Magazine, Issue 87, November

I'll post the list when I find it

nigel45
Originally posted by savagerampage

1.silver surfer
2.thor
3.superman
4.Hulk
5.wonderwoman
6.dr. strange
7. prof x
8.flash
9.firestorm
10. spawn.

Wonder Woman is absolutely on Hulk's level.

And a totally unrestricted Flash? C'mon, he takes everyone except the top 3 and WW.

crazyspinz
did i read someone say that wonder woman is even a mach for the hulk? this makes me laugh

stormfront13
she is more than a match for the hulk

nigel45
Originally posted by crazyspinz
did i read someone say that wonder woman is even a mach for the hulk? this makes me laugh

You know what they say, people laugh when they don't understand what's going on.

crazyspinz
nope.

hulk is literaly unbeatable by any physical means. the only possible way to take him down is with one hit strong enough to completely kill him.

do the words "unlimited strength" mean any thing to you people.

wonder woman is slightly weaker than hulk to begin with, how do you assume she will even phase him? hit him with here little rope?

stormfront13
doesn't matter wonder is more than a match for the hulk. her speed and reaction time will make her really hard to hit

crazyspinz
thats not a good thing when fighting hullk. if you are hard to hit, he gets frustrated and angry.

and she will get tired.

nigel45
edit

crazyspinz
finished

Draco69
thats not a good thing when fighting hullk. if you are hard to hit, he gets frustrated and angry.

and she will get tired.

She's faster than sound. He would be hard pressed to hit her.

Her lasso would hogtie him. He cannot break it. It can control him as well and also revert him back to human form.

When the Hulk is frustrated he does get stronger however he becomes irrational and quite stupid. Which will work in Diana's favor.

nigel45

hulk is literaly unbeatable by any physical means. the only possible way to take him down is with one hit strong enough to completely kill him.

Hulk is not 'unbeatable' by any physical means.

do the words "unlimited strength" mean any thing to you people.

Not really

wonder woman is slightly weaker than hulk to begin with, how do you assume she will even phase him? hit him with here little rope?

Her "little rope" would probably do a number on him, but there are other ways for her to win.

Draco69
Especially since its magic. It cracked the impenetrable Imperiux probe. It's incredibly powerful. It's very underrated.

savagerampage
Draco i remember the juggernaut vs wonderwoman thread, and most of us including urself agreed that juggernaut would win that fight. Hulk and Juggernaut are pretty even, although i give the juggernaut an edge cause of his invunerability, plus his limitless durability. The fight would be pretty similar to her and hulk dont u think?

nigel45
Originally posted by Draco69
Especially since its magic. It cracked the impenetrable Imperiux probe. It's incredibly powerful. It's very underrated.

Haha, I wonder where her lasso would place on this list. wink

crazyspinz
ok time for a kickass counter

first hulk does not get stupider as he gets stronger, once he is hulk he stays that dumb.

i would like proof of when hulk has been physicaly beaten

and unlimited strength should mean something, consitering this is a stregnth fight.

and you have no evidence that her "little rope" will calm him down, and what other ways will she win. how will an amazon even stand up to "a threat to the universe" (either LT or Beyonder said that), honestly anyone who thanos aviods is seriously tough

savagerampage
The juggernaut has knocked out the hulk here is the link to the on going battle look at the pictures

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15217&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=174

Draco69
Her "little rope" made Darkseid. "calm down, Etrigan the Demon and even the Spectre.

Namor beat the Hulk. The Thing beat the Hulk. (spiny version), T-Bird beat the Hulk.

Unlimited strength means nothing when you're hogtied by an unbreakable lasso.

savagerampage
Hey draco did u read what i said?

crazyspinz
juggernaut is another category as far as physical bouts.

namor is nothing to hulk, nor is thing or T bird.

and Darksied and the specter are not known as "the most angry creature in the universe" are they?

Draco69
Sorry I missed that. Juggernaut would win because of his unpenetrable forcefield. She cannot hurt him. Her blows no matter how skilled would be useless.

Her best chance would to lasso him. Not really a win but the Avengers wouldn't see it that way.

nigel45
first hulk does not get stupider as he gets stronger, once he is hulk he stays that dumb.

i would like proof of when hulk has been physicaly beaten

and unlimited strength should mean something, consitering this is a stregnth fight.

and you have no evidence that her "little rope" will calm him down, and what other ways will she win. how will an amazon even stand up to "a threat to the universe" (either LT or Beyonder said that), honestly anyone who thanos aviods is seriously tough

No one was arguing Hulk's stupidity, even though it will be a huge disadvantage.

Someone just gave you that proof you were looking for.

Hulk does not instantly have unlimited strength.

Wonder Woman's lasso is unbreakable, meaning "Hulk no smash". He would not escape if that was tied around him.

ok time for a kickass counter

Yeah, sure it was.

Draco69

and Darksied and the specter are not known as "the most angry creature in the universe" are they?

The Spectre? Hell yes. Titles are meaningless. God's Wrath remember?

demigawd
And God has a pretty nasty temper.

Draco69
I can't find the Hulk vs. Wonder Woman thread I made. Oh well.

crazyspinz
the spectre is acualy rather calm in most comics, not once has he rampaged through a city... (well i dont think he has but im not a dc fan)

and "unbreakable" things and hulk have a history. hulk's bent adimantium, wich is feat that no one has ever replicated, except magneto.

Draco69
The Specte couldn't break it.
Imperiux couldn't break it.
Doomsday couldn't break it.
Superman couldn't break it.
Pre-Crisis Darkseid couldn't break it.
Nobody has broken it through physical means. Not even Parallax could break it. Thus it's unbreakable.

The Spectre is ALWAYs angry. He sees every murder, rape, etc. on Earth. He's uber-pissed.

savagerampage
the fight between hulk and wonder woman would be close,but i still think hulk would win.

Draco69
It could go either way. But WW has more in her favor in my opinion.

nigel45
the spectre is acualy rather calm in most comics, not once has he rampaged through a city...

God doesn't really like rampaging through cities...

(well i dont think he has but im not a dc fan)

Herein lies the reason you think WW is weak.

and "unbreakable" things and hulk have a history. hulk's bent adimantium, wich is feat that no one has ever replicated, except magneto.

Ok, so he bends her lasso. Then what? is that proof he can break it?

demigawd
Wait a minute...Superman broke the lasso before. It made her crazy. Gave her gray hair and everything. I remember someone else breaking it too...can't remember the details....issue of JLA when the nature of truth was bent out of shape or something so she had to get her lasso repaired.

crazyspinz
bends enough to get out....

and hulk is about as strong as superman, who is about equil to hulk at base strength, any ways im loosing this debate fast, so ima move on to another thread lol

Draco69
That was Elseworlds. Another reality. Different rules. The Bizarro incident was also Elseworlds.

Actually it was Wonder Woman herself who broke it. She lied to herself. The lasso and her are magically connected. Anytime she lies to herself, the lasso goes kaput. The nature of truth went crazy. The moon turned to cheese, the world was flat, etc. However it has never been broken by physical means.

Draco69
bends enough to get out....

and hulk is about as strong as superman, who is about equil to hulk at base strength, any ways im loosing this debate fast, so ima move on to another thread lol

The Specte couldn't break it.
Imperiux couldn't break it.
Doomsday couldn't break it.
Superman couldn't break it.
Pre-Crisis Darkseid couldn't break it.
Nobody has broken it through physical means. Not even Parallax could break it. Thus it's unbreakable.

savagerampage
wonderwoman could win the fight, she must do it quickly which i dont see happening, hulks durability is just far above wonderwomans, in the end i think if it goes long which it will she will, go down.

demigawd
Oh, ok, Elseworlds don't count in DC, then I withdraw my statement.

crazyspinz
o yeah, and WW doesnt usualy go lassue first, shes usaly all like "look at me ima try to beat him up" the BAM big green fist, wonder woman is dead. also

Doomsday = DC's version of hulk, but doesnt get stronger with anger

Doomsday> Superman

Superman >>>>>> Wonder woman

so by logic hulk> wonder woman

Draco69
Night y'all. Got SO much homework. If you can find it, I have a prior Wonder Woman vs. Hulk thread, I have alot my arguments there.

Draco69
o yeah, and WW doesnt usualy go lassue first, shes usaly all like "look at me ima try to beat him up" the BAM big green fist, wonder woman is dead. also

Doomsday> Superman

She ALWAYS lassoes first. It takes more than one punch from the Hulk to knock her out. That's a very implausible scenario.

Flawed Logic.

Doomsday had superspeed (The Flash stated he was almost as fast as him) and got stronger and immune to whatever previously killed him. The Hulk and Doomsday are nothing alike.

crazyspinz
well, doomsday was based on the hulk, but any way, i realy dont know what im talking about when it comes to Wonder woman so good night

kgkg
Originally posted by stormfront13
wonder woman is completly capable oh defeating hulk. she's as strong as him and as invulnerable as him. she's faster,a WAY better fighter, and can fly

doesn't mean much.

So could thor , Gladiator and other people hulk beated.

nigel45
well, doomsday was based on the hulk

I don't know about the validity of that statement...but either way, Hulk is NOT Doomsday so the whole logic behind the argument is flawed.

demigawd
Originally posted by kgkg
beated.

Grrrrrrr

The Flash

Doomsday> Superman

Firelord > Hulk

Spider-Man > Firelord

So by logic Spider-Man > Hulk. roll eyes (sarcastic)

MatchesMalone
Doomsday does not get stronger as his adrenaline increases. Hulk does not evolve to whatever means he was previously killed. The only thing Hulk and Doomsday have in common is vast super strength. A trait that is shared by many comic characters.

Hulk would get the living hell creamed out of him if he faced Doomsday. Doomsday is more than likely stronger than Hulk's base strength and is a great deal faster.

By the way, Wizard also posted a sloppy seconds list. That is a list composed of heroes that almost made it to the top 10. If anybody wants me to post that list, just let me know.

The Flash
I'd like to see the list.

MatchesMalone
Originally posted by The Flash
I'd like to see the list.

Understood, Flash. I own the magazine, but I have misplaced it. I will be going off memory, so a few names will be missing. I have posted some of this list on two other threads, but can't find those threads on the search engine.

Wizard's sloppy seconds(Wizard does not this list in any particular order)

*Martian Manhunter
*Gladiator- (I believe they may have commented on disqualifying him from the actual top 10 based on him being a Superman knock off).
*Invisible Woman
*Green Lantern
*Thing
*Dr. Fate

There is actually several more names than that. If any spring to mind, I will post. If anybody owns the magazine or has seen more post more names on a different thread, I would appreciate it if you let us know.

long pig
WonderWoman is more than a match for hulk, shes a stupid character and her comics suck and she sucks, thats why we dont like saying she can beat hulk, but she could. She could probably take thor too, but god, she sucks so hard, almost as much as Flash, hmmm....nah, Flash sucks harder.

K3VIL
With his current powers Spawn can beat anyone.He can do anything he can imagine.If he wants to use his energies to grant himself 100 times the powers of Superman, he can.He wants to wipe out of existence someone with a magical bolt, he can.The guy is a ugly God.

eleveninches
I dont see why firestorm or xavier made the list

Mainstream
Xavier is the world most powerful telepath...at the time the list was made..and Firestorm can change the molecular structure of any nonliving substance...you don't think these guys would be considered heavy hitters?

Blair Wind
just a stupid question but in the link that Scoobless provided it said that Flash could take the hulk by vibrating through him and making him explode....if they were following that logic and it was an all out battle why couldnt he do that to Superman, WW, and Thor??? and what about that type of inifinity mass punch (or the high velocity punch) I've heard people talk about??
And isnt Martian Manhunter a stronger Telepath than Charles????

Mainstream
in theory,Martian Manhunter is stronger...but if Xavier cuts loose he'd take the big green guy....the 10 ten list isn't perfect....in theory Xman should be able to crush Xavier..Xavier couldn't "stand UP" (forgive the pun) to Xman..unless Xavier goes nuts an become Onslaught again...that would mean he'd be stronger than Superman....the 10 list is rather F**Ked up...but it's like 7 years old...I think we should make a new one..what do you say everyone!?

Alpha Centauri
If we're going by "Who COULD be number 1 if they tried" I won't argue with Surfer topping the list, being my favourite.

He shouldn't be there though. No Sentry, no Captain Marvel. Hulk should be way higher than he is.

-AC

MatchesMalone
Originally posted by Blair Wind
just a stupid question but in the link that Scoobless provided it said that Flash could take the hulk by vibrating through him and making him explode....if they were following that logic and it was an all out battle why couldnt he do that to Superman, WW, and Thor??? and what about that type of inifinity mass punch (or the high velocity punch) I've heard people talk about??
And isnt Martian Manhunter a stronger Telepath than Charles????

Well, they were probably banking on the idea that those three may be able avoid being vibrated with their own super speed and flight. Unlike the Hulk, who is practically frozen in time compared to Flash.

Still, I see your point. Its not too crazy of an idea to think Flash would just run through those three before they could do anything. He does dominate them in the speed category.

K Von Doom
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
If we're going by "Who COULD be number 1 if they tried" I won't argue with Surfer topping the list, being my favourite.
-AC

I don't think Sentry was around at the time the list was compiled, neither was X-man.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by MatchesMalone
Well, they were probably banking on the idea that those three may be able avoid being vibrated with their own super speed and flight. Unlike the Hulk, who is practically frozen in time compared to Flash.

Still, I see your point. Its not too crazy of an idea to think Flash would just run through those three before they could do anything. He does dominate them in the speed category.

Flash has never vibrated through anyone to defeat them. If someone has such a power, they will demonstrate it at least once. It is safe to say that he cannot. Even if Flash could vibrate through people, (which he probably cannot,) of all characters, why Hulk? Hulk's flesh is incredibly dense, and it has been proven that Flash cannot vibrate through dense matter. Why the people at Wizard assume he could vibrate through Hulk is beyond me.

nigel45
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Flash has never vibrated through anyone to defeat them. If someone has such a power, they will demonstrate it at least once. Even if Flash could vibrate through people, (which he probably cannot,) of all characters, why Hulk? Hulk's flesh is incredibly dense, and it has been proven that Flash cannot vibrate through dense matter. Why the people at Wizard assume he could vibrate through Hulk is beyond me.

I hate to make this argument since I've never seen the issue, but I have heard that Barry Allen was once late for dinner or something, and ran right through his wife on the way into his apartment. Obviously she didn't explode, but that would at least show that he can go through people.

Cosmic Cube
Know the issue, nigel?

He may or may not be able to pass through people. Causing them to explode is another matter entirely.

Cosmic Cube
Heh... Flash beats Dr. Strange. That list is so flawed.

nigel45
Know the issue, nigel?

He may or may not be able to pass through people. Causing them to explode is another matter entirely.

I already told you I don't, and I tried to imply that I realize it doesn't mean he can make them explode, but I'll clear that up. Although it is possible that Flash can vibrate through people, that does not mean he can cause them to explode by doing so.

nigel45
Heh... Flash beats Dr. Strange. That list is so flawed.

Obviously they were putting alot behind the belief that Flash could take guys like him out before they could react.

Victor Von Doom
List is a pile of crap.

demigawd
Well, that's the reasoning 90% of Flash supporters use, so it's not an unusual line of logic.

Cosmic Cube
Understandable.

However, Dr. Strange always flies. Wally is as "ground-bound" as it gets. Steve would just rain mystic bolts on Flash from overhead, use his otherworldly telepathy, or bind him using the bands of cyttorak.

Besides, Flash has to accelerate for a few seconds before he can achieve near light speeds. He's still faster than most can react, though.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by nigel45
I already told you I don't, and I tried to imply that I realize it doesn't mean he can make them explode, but I'll clear that up. Although it is possible that Flash can vibrate through people, that does not mean he can cause them to explode by doing so.

Understood.

kgkg
Stange turns flash into an Ape.

nigel45
He's still faster than most can react, though.

Exactly the point I was going to make. Although his speed does not give him the ability to take down EVERYONE, I'd have to say a fair majority would be helpless against it.

Cosmic Cube
But Strange always flies. How could Flash hit him without any weapons?

nigel45

Oh, no, that's not what I was trying to say. Strange should definitely be able to take him. I meant that there are not very many who given a few seconds or less could put up a good resistance.

kgkg

you see cosmic cube it is hard to say because flash fanboys(lovers)
have also something to say which hold truth to it.

- flash can move so fast (that strange can't make movement before getting hit)

- Stange is flying ( he get's a ladder , then kocks him out)

- Stange won't have time to react , and he can't take Flashes punching because well he is weak in terms of that.

i don't like using these but hey it is shown in comic that flash can do these things.

Cosmic Cube
Strange starts out EVERY fight flying. In a featureless environment, where the hell does Flash get a ladder?

kgkg
flash can go around the world like 10 times in a sec. he can grab from another city.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by nigel45
Oh, no, that's not what I was trying to say. Strange should definitely be able to take him. I meant that there are not very many who given a few seconds or less could put up a good resistance.

Understandable.

nigel45
Strange starts out EVERY fight flying. In a featureless environment, where the hell does Flash get a ladder?

Walgreens?...

Even in a featurless environment, you can always find one or two Walgreens within a block of eachother.

Cosmic Cube
They don't sell ladders at Walgreens. He's better off going to a Home Depot. Besides, where does he get the money to purchase this ladder? Surely he wouldn't *gasp*... steal it? Would he?

kgkg
They don't sell ladders at Walgreens. He's better off going to a Home Depot. Besides, where does he get the money to purchase this ladder? Surely he wouldn't *gasp*... steal it? Would he?

haha he will steal it knock out strange , bring it back. no one will know.

i heard he moved everyone out of a city in a second or someshit like that.

that's why i hate lightspeed , magic etc. because they are hard to counter.

nigel45

I bet they've got some variety of altitude increasing object in there. And he'd have it back before they even knew he took it.

Cosmic Cube

demigawd
Originally posted by kgkg
haha he will steal it knock out strange , bring it back. no one will know.

i heard he moved everyone out of a city in a second or someshit like that.

that's why i hate lightspeed , magic etc. because they are hard to counter.

If there's something I hate almost as much as magic, it's lightspeed.

Strange vs. Flash fights are some of the most absurd I've ever seen, lol.

demigawd
And somebody stole my ladder example from the Flash vs. Storm thread. Bastards.

Cosmic Cube
Strange flies WAY faster than Storm. The Cloak of Levitation can exceed lightspeed.

nigel45

Cosmic Cube
I can see more clearly now. The Flash is truely omnipotent.

demigawd
Except against Dr. Strange.

nigel45
I can see more clearly now. The Flash is truely omnipotent.

Finally. Lol.

kgkg
Strange flies WAY faster than Storm. The Cloak of Levitation can exceed lightspeed.
ya but he has to think to do so.

it's a endless circle

Cosmic Cube
lol, yeah.

Avalonofthewind
That list is extremely flawed.
Thor higher than Supes? The fact that Supes has been powered up again and has been able to pick up mjolnir himself.

I guess it's not wizards fault. That list is how old again?

The Flash
They don't sell ladders at Walgreens. He's better off going to a Home Depot. Besides, where does he get the money to purchase this ladder? Surely he wouldn't *gasp*... steal it? Would he? Flash has money. He bought a lot of fire detectors for many homes.

MatchesMalone
Flash has never vibrated through anyone to defeat them. If someone has such a power, they will demonstrate it at least once. It is safe to say that he cannot. Even if Flash could vibrate through people, (which he probably cannot,) of all characters, why Hulk? Hulk's flesh is incredibly dense, and it has been proven that Flash cannot vibrate through dense matter. Why the people at Wizard assume he could vibrate through Hulk is beyond me.

As far as I know, Flash has never forced somebody to explode from vibrating. Its pretty safe to assume that he never will, because Flash usually does not kill his enemies.

Right before Wally West was introduced to the speed force and acquired new abilities, the Wizard magazine displayed a interview they had with the current Flash writer at the time(I believe it was Mark Waid). Waid said that this Flash would have abilities that no Flash has ever had. For example, the ability to vibrate through any material he wanted, forcing explosion. I can't remember if vibrating through people was mentioned, but Wizard may have used that interview to bring out their assumption that Flash can perform that feat.

The magazine is several years old and, as usual, I have no idea where it is. I will try to find it and try to find the magazine that has the complete sloppy seconds list. As soon as I find the magazine with the Flash article, I will look to see if they specifically mention Flash being able to vibrate through actual people and shed some light on the subject.

If Nigel is correct about Barry vibrating through somebody, then Wally definitely can do it. The fact that Wally has never forced anybody to explode does not discredit the theory that it is possible for him in the slightest. Everybody knows Wally "would" not do that. I am pretty sure Superman can kill a regular person with one punch, but we will never see that either.

Anyway, I typed all that and got absolutely nowhere. I will do my best to find that magazine and see if the ability to vibrate through people is mentioned.

Next Venom_girl
Originally posted by savagerampage

1.silver surfer
2.thor
3.superman
4.Hulk
5.wonderwoman
6.dr. strange
7. prof x
8.flash
9.firestorm
10. spawn.

Ah Surfer ain't that good. He couldn't stop Carnage from possessing him. laughing

http://www.samruby.com/AmazingSpider-ManR/Large/AmazSpid431.JPG

Cosmic Cube
One of my beefs with the list is their "reason" Flash defeats the Hulk.

"The Flash would just vibrate through the Hulk and , ewww, make him explode."

Flash has been unable to vibrate through dense matter in the past. Hulks flesh is comparable in density to adamantium, and though it lacks the metal's tenacity, it is virtually impregnable. I seriously doubt Flash could vibrate through Hulk, much less cause him to explode. That's some of the poorest reasoning I've seen coming from Wizard.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Next Venom_girl
Ah Surfer ain't that good. He couldn't stop Carnage from possessing him. laughing

WOW. Surfer looks cool there. He'd soo kick Carnie's ass though.

MatchesMalone
Originally posted by Next Venom_girl

That was when Surfer was not intent on defeating Carnage. In other words, it is not a good example of what would happen in a fair fight.

Did you see what happened at the end of that story? The symbiote rejoins with Kasady and threatens Surfer. Surfer states that he pities Carnage, casually raises his hand, and turns the symbiote into an energy shell that encases Kasady.

Carnage is a Spiderman villain. In other words, he has no business trying to fight someone as powerful as the Silver Surfer.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.