SPOILER: Anakin's limbs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

queeq
http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/image.cgi?Image=episode2/newspics/spoiler-anakin.jpg

Check this out! Finally evidence for Anakin losing his right arm!

Emperor Helmet
Awesome pic!, but we have a thread already for pictures.

queeq
THis is clearly a spoiler, not so much just a pic. Mind you, this is one of the biggest spoilers for a long time. The fact that Anakin would loose his right arm has been rumoured for over a year. This is the first time that it is confirmed by very concrete evidence.

Emperor Helmet
Oh really?

http://forums.killermovies.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=140290

queeq
Hey, I saw a close up of the pic, without the arms being visible.

But okay.... now we know who did it though. stick out tongue

He-Man
The scene is also in the graphical novel. But beautiful picture queeq.

mah
super-nice pic!

queeq
Craphical novel? What the heck is that?

Emperor Helmet
Don't get me wrong, it is a great picture.

queeq
I didn't make it though. big grin

LanceWindu
But why is there yellow stuff squirting out of his stump???

Shoudln't there be nothing comeing out?

yerssot
that's burned flesh

LanceWindu
But it's bright yellow. Is Hayden a Simpson's character or something?

yerssot
his secret! nooooooooooooooo!

He-Man
Why is it a nooooooooooooooo? It would be great if Anakin was one of them.

C2-B1
Great Picture!

Ushgarak
The yellow stuff is burnt clothing, I think.

I wonder why Dooku is using a double-handed blow for that? Rather unnnecessary.

LanceWindu
Maybe so he doesn't lose his grip. Or maybe to make it look all the more devestating?

Ushgarak
Nah. he'd keep his grip easily. He's either showing off, as you say, or he's fighting two-handed at that point for some reason.

LanceWindu
Maybe it's his default stance and the pics of him using one hand are special stances.

Ushgarak
Well, it's a one-handed handle and he fights one-handed in the trailer... but we are pretty sure hs is using a variety of styles.

LanceWindu
I'm sure he likes to gloat about his techniuques.

queeq
Maybe he needs a bit more power to cut off a whole arm. I never saw a fencer do that. wink

finti
I thought he lost his hand . And now we see it is half of his arm. Cool pic dutchy smile smile smile

Ushgarak
You've seen a fencer with a lightsabre, queeq??!!

Emperor Helmet
The Anakin losing his arm at the elbow spoiler has been known for sooooooooooo long. It wasn't a surprise.

finti
well it was a surprise for me, I dont care if others have known it for a looooong time http://www.egri.co.uk/smileys/starwars.gif

Emperor Helmet
And I don't care if you were surprised.

finti
So why did you reply to it

Ushgarak
Yes, indeed. If you don't care then don't post.

Emperor Helmet
Nah, I think I will continue to post, but thanks for the advice.

finti
who said it was advice

Emperor Helmet
Whatever it is, I think I will continue to post.

LanceWindu
roll eyes (sarcastic) Not that we want you to.

Emperor Helmet
Darn, my feelings are so hurt

LanceWindu
Who cares

Emperor Helmet
Not me, that's for sure.

LanceWindu
Then why did you post it in the first place?

I think that you just want to get your post count up to where everybody else's are. But it takes time and dedication. I've been here for nearly a year and most of the other people here that post regularly have been here for a year or more.

Emperor Helmet
I'm so proud of you. I could care less about post count. By the way, from what I've noticed, post counts certainly don't reflect knowledge, which is what I care about.

LanceWindu
Knowledge??? Is that what you call that dribble that you post?

Emperor Helmet
OK genius.

What three number course did the falcon set when heading into the asteroid field?

Ushgarak
Personally I would call that trivia rather than knowledge...

Emperor Helmet
That's because you don't know the answer.

LanceWindu
It's not knowledge because you don't need to know that to watch the movie. It really is trivia,, and trivia is for those fans who pay close attention to the movies. I pay close atention but not that close. Who cares.

Try to come up with something better than that crap.

Ushgarak
Agreed. It would only take me two seconds to look it up anyway.

But in any case, this subject has gotten hugely off-topic, and this argument is going nowhere useful, so let's cut this out.

Emperor Helmet
It just shows I pay a little closer attention. By the way the course was 2-7-1.

Ushgarak
Ok, let's cut it out...

LanceWindu
Alright one last message. I already said that you paid closer attention. Read posts before you type what you have to say.

On topic: I never knew that Anakins arm was going to be cut off above the elbow. All I knew was the hand being cut off. The reason for that is because I saw a picture from the AOTC Visualisation and all it showed was Anakins cybernetic hand. Nothing else.

Emperor Helmet
That's your problem.

LanceWindu
It's not my problem if I was just posting what I knew. That's all

Emperor Helmet
Maybe a couple thousand more posts will help you out.

Ushgarak
Look, what did I just say about this? Move it on.

Emperor Helmet
Where to?

LanceWindu
I was seriously trying to keep it on topic by getting back to Anakins limb.

Ushgarak
Ha-be-bloody hah, Helmet. You know full well what I meant. Cut out the sniping.

master harmax
Ok ok ... cool down guys. 10 deep breaths and a drink of cool water all around should do the trick !

queeq
Okay, draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggging this back on topic.

My point, Ush about the fencing was that you see no point why he should use two arms to cut off Anakin's arm. We know he fences with a lightsabre (see trailers) and we don't know the exact cutting abilities of a lightsabre. How easily would it cut bone? I don't know. All I meant to say was, I wonder if one could actually cut off an entire arm by just slinging a lightsabre at someone's limb. Or would it require a bit more strength? What I know from ANH and from the the Diner in AOTC is that OB1 needed both hands to cut off an arm. But then, that is alos his style of fighting.

Emperor Helmet
He is using 2 hands because Anakin's abilities take him by surprise and causes him to have to. Because he uses a fencing style doesn't mean he constantly has to use one hand. These styles they use aren't 100% what you know from what happens in the real world. I wish you guys would realize that.

finti

Emperor Helmet
All that matters is that he uses both. What fencers do, is irrelevant. Also fencers normally don't face power swings by someone using both hands. The techniques used in these films, don't follow the rules you think exist.

finti
Rules I know exists

Emperor Helmet
Rules that don't exist in the SW Universe.

finti
maybe

Emperor Helmet
No, definitely. Have you not looked at the pictures?

Gundark
Great pic baby !

It would seem the medical technology would not have evolved in the SW universe at the time of AOTC that would enable his arm to be replaced as was Luke's hand. Or do they replace it ?

finti
I guess they do, at least he s got it as Vader, or else he have to be a one handen fencer big grin big grin

Emperor Helmet
Vader does use one hand a lot in the OT. But yes, they do replace his arm in AOTC, but without the flesh covering.

Ushgarak
Sabres seem to cut through anything easily enough.

My point is that a hand severing blow would be much easier to perform one-handed, so long as the weapon is 'sharp' enough to do it.

Helmet, we realise PERFECTLY well that these are not exact copies of real-life fighting techniques, but a mixture. This has been much discussed and if you read our posts properly you would realise that.

But whatever stlye is being used, they DO follow real-world rulkes, because THAST IS HOW NICK GILLARD WANTS IT! Ok?

Emperor Helmet
Vader takes Luke's arm off the same way Dooku takes Anakin's. With a 2 handed upward strike.

Ushgarak
Indeed he did.

Captain REX
If you all remember, Anakin fights with two lightsabers at one point, so Dooku's probably fighting with two hands to block them easier. Then he cuts off Anakin's arm and makes his escape. Then Yoda enters the scene and fights Dooku and so on and so forth.

I didn't know it was his arm! I though it was going to be his hand or nothing.

Ushgarak
It wouldn't actually be any easier to block two sabres using two hands, but it doesn't really matter.

Captain REX
Okay, then Dooku's showin off again.

jedi fernando

LanceWindu
They mean Dooku uses one hand on the hilt of his lightsaber, but when he cuts off Anakins arm he uses two.

DJ Velocity
Did Vader "choke" the imperial in ANH with his right robo-arm or his left normal arm? Not important just wondering whether you could channel the force through non organic material.

finti
well in ESB he choked one through a transmission

LanceWindu
Isn't the Force mostly a mind thing? Where you control them with your mind? The hand gestures are just for show?

queeq
laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Well, I always assumed the hand gestures acted as a focus. Filmatically speaking, of course, they just compliment the efect we see.

In any case, we know that Dooku fights with two sabres at one point as well.

peluffo
I thing that he atracts objects through the force and take it with their hand (right or left). Is not his hand who controls the force, but his mind

BTW, in ESB Han fires and Vader STOPS THE BLASTS with their mechanical hand!!! embarrasment embarrasment and then summon the force to take the weapon from han's hand (tricky phrase! i've mistaked 3 times!!!)and make it fly to their right hand.

Ushgarak
That doesn't make any sense when using the Force to PUSH though, does it?

I remember a lot of argument about whether that's the Force or his armour stopping he blast... it's a very dull argument, though.

queeq
Quite.

jedi fernando

finti
hmm you take a lot for granted gospel here fernando

Ushgarak
Indeed. No-one has ANY good idea about those events.

Emperor Helmet
He deflects the bolts with the Force. You will see other Jedi do this in AOTC.

Ushgarak
Certainly a neat way to solve THAT argument... phew!

jedi fernando

Ushgarak
He still has to wield his sabre with his arms, like anyone else.

jedi fernando

finti
the force is his aid

Emperor Helmet
The Force doesn't move his limbs.

peluffo
Indeed. The force MAYBE can suggest instinctively what moves to do, but I firmly believe that the force is a MIND matter, "think, then I do exist" stuff or whatever it spells on english)

This one can be a very long discussion. I quit. smile

Ushgarak
If Jedi could wield sabres with the Force with the same capability as with their arms, they would do it all the time.

You have to remember that 90% of the time the Force is a very subtle thing.

Captain REX
The Force is strong, but not strong enough to have two floating sabers in the middle of a battle arena. Then it'd be a creepy version of Pokemon.

jedi fernando

maul's woman
NO BLOOD!!! Sorry Guys, I'm new on your thread.

Well of course not, I guess, because of the heat of the saber would cauterize.

I like the pics especially the action one with Dooku doing the slicing! :O

So he looses his arm before the "lava" roast. :O

Any more nice pics?

Emperor Helmet
What lave roast? I really hope you don't think that's going to happen.

queeq
Lava stew maybe....

Emperor Helmet
I highly doubt he is going to use an idea for this sequence that has already been read about in EU sources.

queeq
I think it was an original Lucas idea.

Emperor Helmet
I honestly don't know who came up with it, all I know is that he will come up with something entirely new.

He-Man
The lava would be very cool, but I agree with our Emperor here... Lucas isn't going to use that. Hope he comes up with something even cooler.

maul's woman
big grin

Well it was the original idea of Anakin fighting with Obi Wan Kenobi and falling into a lava pit and thus the bio-suit he wears later in the original three movies as Darth Vader. Messy sad

LanceWindu
You know maul's woman you don't need to fill out the subject line every time you post right?

maul's woman
I know...I know, but I love typing too. big grin Pay no attention.

Captain REX
Well, I just hate to prove people wrong (NOT).

I don't know why you think it's just some fanboy creation, Emperor Helmet-Hair, but it said this on the official site. The Lava scene was thought up by GL. It said so in the Classic Moments.

I gotta go.

peluffo
An incredibly detailed description of REAL Darth Vader injuries.
http://www.theforce.net/swtc/injuries.html

BTW i HIGHLY recommend this site. Full of HIGH LEVEL info.
http://www.theforce.net/swtc/

Julie
the novelization for AOTC had the part where Anakin loses his arm.....the end was really quick

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.