Count Dooku vs. Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord S
We've seen Christopher Lee and Sir Ian McKellan face off as Sauron and Gandalf in LOTR, but now let's see their alter-egos in action! Movie versions.

I take Magneto.

Tormentor_2004
dunno

Tormentor_2004
Dooku thanks to the Force

juggernaut74
Dooku seem to be one powerful b!tch. But I dont know if he can beat Magneto, his lightsabers handle is metal and would be out of the fight. If he can use the force in defense of the power of magnetism then he might have a chance. If not Magneto should beat him.

Alpha Centauri
Well for every object that Dooku struggles to hurl at Magneto, he will get it hoofed back at him faster than he can blink.

Magneto is powerful enough to deal with any Star Wars character, quite clearly. The force is overrated.

-AC

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Well for every object that Dooku struggles to hurl at Magneto, he will get it hoofed back at him faster than he can blink.

-AC Even the nonmetal objects?

Alpha Centauri
Most likely now.

Seeing as he's dropped the Master of Magnetism moniker and just taken it to levels of controlling almost everything.

Well, not "him". More so his writer. Even older Magneto would win.

-AC

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Even the nonmetal objects?
If you throw a big enough handful of plastic poker chips at Mags, he's toast.

Pepito
Magneto can control the entire em spectrum and has influence with all the forces. He has always been able to levitate nonmetal objects. Force lightning is obviously ineffective. Telekinesis can possibly penetrate his force field but even so Magneto will be firing off high octane energy bolts at Dooku immediately. Dooku is extremely outclassed

Scoobless
remembering that this thread is about the movie Magneto, i think Dooku would win

Pepito
Oh movie Magneto. I think he still scrapes a win what with the ability to stop the speeding to the ground Black Bird with little effort

demigawd
If it's movie Magneto and Dooku, it doesn't belong on this board

DigiMark007
hmmm...I'll take Magneto, even though I'm a bit of a Star Wars fanboy. It would be Magneto's magnetic stuff vs. Dooku's low-to-mid level telekinesis. I can't see Magneto losing this one.

Point of interest: Chistopher Lee has been in more staged sword fights (in live plays or movies) than anyone in history. Thought that was fun.

-DM

Scoobless
even more than Touche Turtle?

http://members.aol.com/PaulEC3/tt01.jpg

"Touche away........."

Xplosive
Magneto easily.

Kontraz
Originally posted by demigawd
If it's movie Magneto and Dooku, it doesn't belong on this board

umm.... this is the verses section of the comic book MOVIES....

demigawd
No it's not. This is the comics battles board.

Kontraz
you do reallize that this entire forum is about movies, right?

demigawd
Yes but there's a comic book movie forum just around that there corner. I personally don't care what you use...I'm not a mod. But you can see above the confusion it can cause if you're going by movie versions and people are giving comic answers.

who?-kid
Another overrated Star Wars character who thanks his "reputation" on, let me think, ONE fight-scene ? A fight he almost lost lol.

(Christopher Lee rocks by the way.)

ZephroCarnelian
Magneto would take this. His powers are on a different scale really.

Yoda is arguably more powerful than Dooku, yet when the big metal cyclinder fell over, Yoda really had to put some effort in to levitate it.

Magento can lob around larger, heavier objects with less effort.

I'd say that Magneto would chop Dooku to bits with his own lightsabre...

Lord S
Demi - Quit being so anal and just offer an opinion.

There was really no other forum to put this...aside from the 'Star Wars Versus' forum, and I don't think Magneto would have been welcomed there. Besides, since 'George Bush vs. etc.' and 'Osama vs. Saddam' threads seem copacetic, I don't see the problem with this one.

You can compare the two characters in the movies or comics, it doesn't matter to me.

Cosmic Cube
Why do people seem to think the movie magneto is more powerful than comic book magneto?

demigawd
Who said that?

Kontraz
comic is more poweful... comic controlls magnetism... movie controls metal... BIG difference

juggernaut74
Dosnt magnetism control metal?

Kontraz
yes, but it also controls... say... everything that has both protons and electrons.... which is everything made of atoms... which is...hey, everything that is physical!

juggernaut74
I didnt realize Magneto was so overpowered.

Swanky-Tuna
Movie Magneto controlls magnetism I'm sure. He's just retro styled. Back when all he used it for was controlling metal.

norrin radd

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.