I know who Sifo dyas is it say's who he is in the ROTS Visual Dictionary!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Da_Guru
Just got the Visual Dictionary and Incredibly Cross section and boy are they good. The Visual Dictionary describes everything in such great detail and it has tonnes of cool facts and Pictures.

Now to the point it says who sifo dyas is in the visual dictionary. On the data file on the Count Dooku page it says that Dooku left the order and began his turn to the Dark side after the murder of his good friend and confidant Sifo Dyas. He then assumed control of the plans Sifo Dyas had made for an Army Of The Republic and erased Kamino from the Archives.

So there it was actually Sifo Dyas who ordered the army and he was not evil and he was Dookus friend which explains how Dooku knew of the plans for the army.

MOTHERBOX
Sifo Dyas is sidious you damn fools.

BAILY
This info was also in Labyrinth of Evil novel too.... but now it is in a "canon" book.... nice find

DeVi| D0do
nice find

ctsketch
Originally posted by MOTHERBOX
Sifo Dyas is sidious you damn fools.

nope, and in one of the newwer comics they had a picture of Jedi Master Dyas's body with a lightsaber in his hand to his chest as well

trovext
good job guru

MOTHERBOX
Originally posted by ctsketch
nope, and in one of the newwer comics they had a picture of Jedi Master Dyas's body with a lightsaber in his hand to his chest as well Yes his body but sum1 we know can cheat death remember... Hmmmm

ctsketch
nope, its already been confirmed by the book, there is nothing more to speculate on, the Visual dictioniry spoils all smile

Lord Banshee
Good job Guru... for anything must be a first time. wink

hazkid
theres a very detailed description in labyrinthofevil.

Stunrun
Originally posted by MOTHERBOX
Yes his body but sum1 we know can cheat death remember... Hmmmm

how could it be Sidious?? Sypho-Dias was on the council, hes just some average jedi, no big twist

Lord Banshee
I think da guru's Sifo story is the only one that actually makes sence.

TheForceSupreme
So why did Sifo Dyas order the clone army again??

DenKi
Originally posted by Da_Guru
Just got the Visual Dictionary and Incredibly Cross section and boy are they good. The Visual Dictionary describes everything in such great detail and it has tonnes of cool facts and Pictures.

Now to the point it says who sifo dyas is in the visual dictionary. On the data file on the Count Dooku page it says that Dooku left the order and began his turn to the Dark side after the murder of his good friend and confidant Sifo Dyas. He then assumed control of the plans Sifo Dyas had made for an Army Of The Republic and erased Kamino from the Archives.

So there it was actually Sifo Dyas who ordered the army and he was not evil and he was Dookus friend which explains how Dooku knew of the plans for the army.

Then why didnt Sifo Dias tell any of the other Jedi that he ordered a cloned army???

Alliance
Do we actually know an name identitification for Sifo Dyas? Form Guru's description it sounds an awful lot like Qui Gon Jinn

DenKi
yeah extremely True

El_NINO
DID YOU GUYS READ MY ENTIRE HISTORY OF STAR WARS, COUNT DOOKU'S ENTIRE LIFE IS ON THEIR

El_NINO
WELL ITS NOT MINE I FOUND IT

El_NINO
ITS IN THE EU SECTION

Alliance
Which would make sense since he was Dooku's apprentice, had a slight rift with the Jedi, and Dooku spoke highly of him in AOTC. And Qui Gon's ghost or whatever is in ROTS.

ctsketch
but why would Qui gon order a clone army smile? it makes no sense. Qui gon wasn't allied with Dooku persae, but Sifo Dyas was, Dooku probably asked Sifo to order the clones for him. I doubt Qui gon would have ever dis obeyed the council to that extent

and as I said before, on one of those new comics, they have a picture of Sifo Dyas's dead body put to rest, it looks nothing like Quigon!

El_NINO
Theres no way because in Episode 1 is when Sifo-Dyas was killed because in AOTC they mention he was killed nearly 10 years ago which is close to PM

ctsketch
and the clones in AOTC were 10 years old (20 in physical form because of growth acceleration)

Imaginary
I found this in the Visual Dictionary last night too.

Alliance
I thought it might work, like Qui Gon recognized danger and ordered the army to protect the republic and it just wasnt used as he intended.

i was under the impression that Sifo Dyas was an alias and not an actual name. I apologize for my confusion.

DCLXVI
Sifo Dyas = Jedi Master, not Sith, who considered a Clone Army, (perhaps even not that specifically), and when he died and Dooku was recruited by Palpatine, Dooku went under the guise of Sifo Dyas to build the Clone Army.....wink

stefaan
Hmm finally a story bout Dias that makes sense. Haha i like it when people are saying things with full conviction and it isn't true. Nice find.

HOBBE5
...scratches head....ok, still a bit confused by the whole thing.

I guess the three main hang ups from the last two films that I want answered in the last is:

1) Why Qui-gon didn't disappear in TPM like Obi in ANH, yet SPOILER Qui-gon is communicating with Yoda in RotS, telling him how to do it, and they have to train for it. I thought Qui-gon just died because of something he did, that Yoda or Obi didn't do. I hope there's a detailed explanation.

2. Who the hell is Sifo-Dyas, and I hope that its not some prat offscreen Jedi.

3. Casting a younger Anakin in TPM for no reason except to get a younger audience. They still couldve kept the innocence with a young teenager, and it would've been better, as it could've laid the seeds for the relationship between Ani and Padme, instead of it looking like an older cousin and younger nephew. For anyone who knows the show ANGEL, they could've gone with the tone and arch in just TPM like Angel's son Connor had, when he returned in Season 5's Origin ep, after having his memory wiped and changed by dad, to forget what he did and have a normal childhood. When he returned he was a good naive kid who had humor and a lot of power which he started to realize.

I wish they went that route with the character in TPM because it would've given Hayden time to settle into the roll the way Ewan had, as well as the audience would have. Cuz we see Ani as a kid played by someone else, and then played by an older actor in the next film, and the audience has to adjust to this whole other person. It's like changing James Bond or something.

Too bad someone didnt smack Lucas in the back of the head and say "A great disturbance I sense in casting an actor who is young, seek one out you will, one from Canada, by the name of Christensen, and unfold better, your story will"

Imaginary
"It's like changing James Bond or something"

James Bond is always changing stick out tongue

Mist
your question about quigon returning......coz in ep2, when anakin used the darkside to kill the tuskens, he opened up a 'void' (dunno what else to say) in the force and somehow connected with quigons spirit.

thus, we hear quigon's voice.

Alliance
I agree with HOBBE5 #2.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.