The Rock II

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lau_timmy
Michael Bay and Doug Cook are writing "The Rock II", which has been in the idea-stage for the good part of five years. Plan is to still have it reuniting Connery/Cage.

Bay said that the idea is that the government goes after Cages' character because he got hold of that microfilm and so he teams up with Connery again and go on the run. Alkatraz will probably be incorporated somehow aswell.

Hopefully, after Bay finish with the Island and Bad Boys 3 he should start making it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Mason: Welcome to the Rock.

Cinemaddiction
That's a really, really, poor idea. Alcatraz would HAVE to be incorperated in order to keep the namesake for the film, but what sense would it make? Alcatraz, after the original, was filled with dead bodies, nitroglycerin bombs, and whatever other hazards.

Just..pointless. Sean Connery has no reason to be involved, especially after escaping.

Wolfie
Hollwood: "We shall leave no movie sequel-less! That is our goal!"

TheFanboy
I'd love to see it but didn't Connery retire from acting? I thought he was only going to come back for a 4th Indina Jones, so maybe he would do this too.

Lord Shadow Z
I like The Rock and the actors involved, but a sequel should not be made because no plot would sound reasonable enough to go back to Alcatraz.

ragesRemorse
i guess cage could push connery around in a wheelchair and connery could shoot people from the chair.

TheFanboy
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
i guess cage could push connery around in a wheelchair and connery could shoot people from the chair.

laughing

Have you heard about the rumor of him coming back as James Bond?

Mystifier
Originally posted by ragesRemorse

laughing laughing

But seriously though, the first movie was good and it ended fine. There is no need for a sequel, it wouldn't be any good anyway.. They should just leave it. Damn Hollywood roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jackie Malfoy
Originally posted by lau_timmy
Michael Bay and Doug Cook are writing "The Rock II", which has been in the idea-stage for the good part of five years. Plan is to still have it reuniting Connery/Cage.

Bay said that the idea is that the government goes after Cages' character because he got hold of that microfilm and so he teams up with Connery again and go on the run. Alkatraz will probably be incorporated somehow aswell.

Hopefully, after Bay finish with the Island and Bad Boys 3 he should start making it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Mason: Welcome to the Rock.

That been done aready many times.They need to be alittle more creative when thinking of a plot.JM mad

TheFanboy
Originally posted by Mystifier
laughing laughing

But seriously though, the first movie was good and it ended fine. There is no need for a sequel, it wouldn't be any good anyway.. They should just leave it. Damn Hollywood roll eyes (sarcastic)

That's true for so many movies out there.

Deathblow
The Rock was good, mainly thanks to the fact that the three leads, Cage Connery and Harris are all great, much too good for action movies. But yeah, stupid idea, it's so obvious that a sequel would suck, I mean these kinds of movies are only ever good by luck, so sequels are bound to blow, law of averages. Look at the Diehard and Terminator sequels.

LondonTown
But Terminator2 was better than 1 and Die Hard3 with Sam Jackson was good. confused

lordofwar
Good ideas for a sequel but the plot is similar to Enemy of the State. I would watch this if Sean Connery and Nicholas Cage returns with Michael Bay directing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.