In terms of brutal strenght: Who is more powerful in Marvel... than savage HULK ???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Betageuze
can you help me .. with a list, which marvel character can match up (or even beat him) with the savage HULK ... only in Terms of BRUTAL STRENGHT ...

who is more powerful than Hulk.... in terms of Strength... power....

i mean the madder ... the badder ... he gets .. Hulk

what , in your opinion, has to appear on such a list?

long pig
stronger than savage hulk? you mean his base strength??
Savage Hulk could eventually be stronger than anyone.
But if you mean base strength, then there are tons.

Cosmic Cube
If we aren't including Cosmic beings, anyone with the infinity power gem.

Other than that, no one can match the sheer power and exponential strength increases Hulk can attain. Once Savage Hulk get's really fired up, he doesn't have a physical equal.

The Flash
Correct forum is here.

Cosmic Cube
Why are you acting like you are a moderator, Flash?

The Flash
I'm not. It's just a pet peeve for me whenever I see someone post in the wrong forum. I simply inform them so they won't do the same mistake twice.

Betageuze
flash... do you mean me ? why this is in the wrong forum ?

thanxs for help

The Flash
Well this is a versus forum and the Comic Book Movies forum is all about comics and movies based on them. Since this is not a fight, the best forum is the Comic Book Movies.

Betageuze
ok ..sorry... will not happen again smile

long pig
a wannabe moderator maybe?
you're annoying everyone...you're very helpful... but you act like an ass to us.

Betageuze
i mean Hulk .. who is full in rage..... can a mortal human being... stop him... only with natural power ???

when hulk is on a rampage... i think,, he can not be stopped.. by anyone only using his physical condition...

BUT..... when hulks physical power is limitless..... what was the strongest level... he ever reached ????? in which Item we have seen the STRONGEST Hulk .. until yet ?????

The Flash
Originally posted by long pig
a wannabe moderator maybe?
As I said before it's a pet peeve of mine. Besides, a 'wannabe moderator' is better than someone who spams in threads with off-topic remarks.
And who might 'us' be?

long pig
us as in everyone you talk down to, youve been doing that for a while now, for no reason.

just chill out, youre taking this forum way too serious.

The Flash
I NO CHILL. I CHILL YOU!

HULK SMASH!

Betageuze

Xplosive
Probably Apocalypse, since he can increse his strenght whenever he wants to incalculabe limits. Than, I don't think anyone excluding Cosmic Beings.

JWangSDC
no one.

King Burger
I say Silver Surfer. He can increase his strength by
absorbing more and more cosmic powers.

For the record: I don't beilieve that Hulk can just keep
getting stroonger and stronger forever. There's a limit,
but one not yet seen.

black wolverine
wolverine is evenly mached to any hulk and abomination is stronger than hulk

Blair Wind
omg do u serously believe that?????? Wolvie is cool ok but he is in NO WAY evenly matched to any hulk.....other than the Surfer who as king burger said can absorb cosmic power i really doubt anybody else in pure strength can beat him....at least in marvel....

Scoobless
do you remember a guy called "Sundown" who appeared in a couple of Spider-Man comics?...... he could match anything the Hulk could do

and don't the Mindless Ones have limitless strength?

manjaro
hulk is the strongest terran there is, that is in terms of earthers who are strong for no damn reason and doesnt employ cosmic or magical energies to augment thier strength. the others on my immediate list are thanos, apocalypse and gladiator. thanos strentgh is listed as incalculable,(marevl encyclopedia)even b4 he boosts himself with cosmic energies. gladiator is as strong as he believes he is. and apocalypse can make his strenght immeasurable with his OWN stored energies

Scoobless
but did you read the issues with Sundown?

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/sundowns.htm

http://www.samruby.com/Series/UntoldTales/UTOS97c_small.JPG

i don't know why the Thing would carry a big stone around in the fantasticar..... lol

smile

King Burger
Funny Scoobles, I was about to type the exact same link.

Good site.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by black wolverine
wolverine is evenly mached to any hulk

HAAHAHAHAHAHA.

paolo2134
depends on what era of marvel we are talking about it is on record that stan lee the creator(co-creator)of thor and the hulk believed thor was stronger than the hulk and that included an angry hulk i believe that's why thor never had any problems stalemating the hulk in their early hand to hand battles but more recently marvel seems to have gone along with the hulk being stronger than most other beings including thor,hercules etc although there is stll never shown to be that much difference.Peter david is on record as saying he believes thanos to be above the hulk and he is one of the best hulk writers ever.

Cosmic Cube
Peter David himself has said that Hulk's strength is limitless. He has no limit to how angry he can get, how strong he can get, how fast he can heal, or apparently, how huge he can become. At one point, Hulk's healing factor was on the brink of physical invincibility. There is absolutely no cap to his strength, it increases towards infinity.

Surfer can indeed increase his strength, but not to the level or with the speed that Hulk can. Hulk's strength makes monumental leaps. When Molecule Man dropped a mountain on Hulk, his strength instantly jumped from >100 tons, (or whatever his base is,) straight to 150,000,000,000 tons. No one can match that sort of strength increase. No one in Marvel has performed greater feats of strength than Hulk either. He is truely "the strongest there is."

King Burger
If Hulk's strength is "limitless", then that means he can
eventually become as strong as Galactus. As strong as a
Celestial. Even eventually as strong as the Living Tribunal
himself! Apparently Hulk can become god if angry enough.

I think this Peter David maybe mispoke.

And I won't talk about the Secret Wars incident, as I think
I have already said I thought it was bulls***, like alot of
other things in that series.

Cosmic Cube
No, Hulk could never reach the level of the living Tribunal (though the Living Tribunal does not display strength.) The Living Tribunal is infinite. Hulk's strength can approach infinity; it cannot reach infinity.

Yes, Hulk could become as strong as a Celestial, or as strong as Galactus. Could he be come as powerful as either? of course not. Could he defeat either? Of course not. Strength isn't the only aspect of power. If so, anyone who has the infinity power gem would be God. And Drax certainly isn't.

Peter certainly did not make any mistake when he said this. He has written Hulk for over 12 years. He knows the character very well.

Whether you think it is BS, or unrealistic is irrelevant. It is legitimate. What BS happened in the secret wars?

K Von Doom
Drax, even without the gem, would be comparable to hulk

Cosmic Cube
True, but Drax's strength does not increase.

When discussing the Hulk on his site, Peter has said, "Even with limitless strength one can be powerless."

GalacticStorm
I read somewhere i think it was in the back of essential xmen(uk reprint of xmen titles) that the hulk holding up the mountain in secret wars wasnt actually all that impressive because most of the weight of it was secretly being supported by molecule man who wasnt evil, just misunderstood and under pressure from Doom. Now i find that very believable because for one the hulk wasnt even angry before or during supporting the mountain. Plus even if he was angry which he clearly wasnt when has hulk before or since that incidence ever angered enough to go from class 100 to being able to support a mountain thats ridiculous. Thats pre-crisis supes level.
Plus one thing that annoys me is how people blabber on about how the hulk has limitless, infinite srtength. yes hulks strength is referred to as being limitless. It is limitless in that the limits have not been gauged by this point in time not limitless in that the hulk can if angry enough juggle suns. Please dont be so stupid people.

GalacticStorm
the champion of the universe with his gem or anyone with that gem could pummel the hulk in terms of sheer brute strength and show him the meaning of tue limitless power. Any beins above skyfather level could also deal with the hulk in terms of strength

Cosmic Cube
Not being stupid, just going by facts.

There is a difference between having no known limit and not having a limit are entirely different. Hulk is the latter.

Well, I suppose Hulk moving tectonic plates that weighed a couple hundred trillon tons, and destroying planetoid with twice of the earth's mass would prove that his strength is limitless. People, try to understand that this is a comic book.

Molecule Man was controlled by Doom? Get real.

I have the essential X-Men book vol 1. It says nothing of the sort.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
the champion of the universe with his gem or anyone with that gem could pummel the hulk in terms of sheer brute strength and show him the meaning of tue limitless power. Any beins above skyfather level could also deal with the hulk in terms of strength

True indeed.

Doesn't change the fact that Hulk could become stronger than them.

GalacticStorm
'I have the essential X-Men book vol 1. It says nothing of the sort.'

Wrong thing CC i also hav that but thats not what im talking about. Essential xmen is a series in the u.k which reprints american xtitles but is 2 and a half yrs behind i believe so its just doin the rogue vs vargas thing. Hulks strength is not absolutely limitless. His limits hav just not been gauged. Because so far when hes needed to achieve something by getting angry enough hes always had the strength to overcome said obstacles. For all practical applications on earth his strength is limitless thees virtually nothing he cant do in terms of lifting things but as i said b4 not limitless in that he can if angry enough juggle planets or suns. Get real CC. And yes Molecule Man before he realised his potential was under pressure from Doom i never said Doom controlled him you just made that up CC. But yes soon after he got his powers Doom could and did influence his decisions and persuade him to do things that perhaps were out of character for him at the time. Such as ruthlessly dropping a mountain on the heroes and killing them. Im on a break from uni at the mo for the nxt few weeks while im at home i'll search thru my collection and scan in that excerpt which says molecule man was actually supporting the majority of that weight which actually makes sense as i said before when u look at feats hulk did before or since that. Hulk wasnt even angry it didnt make sense!!

King Burger
If he's potential strength is "limitless", then he should be able to
reach such a strength level. "Limiteless"="Infinite".

You realy believe that? Even Superman, who is stronger than the
Hulk, and whose power levels was never really gauged (DC didn't
really make a "Marvel Universe"-like guide, atleast none memorable)
was enver said to be able to reach such a level.

Why can't you just stop and think about how stupid Hulk's strength
being "limitless" sounds?

Fine. But you don't think that a guy who spent 12 years writing
about a character wouldn't exaggerate his powers? And has anybody
ever actually asked David if Hulk's strength really is umlimited?
Or did he just use the word voluntarily?

It was bs. You know very well that very often a writer will have
something happen in his comic which makes no sense. Take Alpha
Flight's defeat of Galactus and his herald Nova, or Wolverine beating
Lobo.

Or take that nonesense I read somewhere about the Hulk jumping
across the Pacific Ocean!?!

Put the mountain incident in the same catagory.

As for Secret Wars. The whole thing was just to make money, that's
why they put most of the popular characters in it. Why would Galactus
be there? He's not an earthling, or a hero or villian?

What about the Lizard, Dr.Octopus, or Hawkeye, what the hell are
they doing there? They're not the in the same power league as many
of the others?

The answer is simple: money-making bulls***.

The only good thing to come out of the series was the Symbiot of
Spider-Man.

Let's face it, most of those comic book-"Grand Hotel" series often
end up ruining one aspect of their cast or another.

http://www.geocities.com/marvel80s/files/secret_wars.html

King Burger
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Not being stupid, just going by facts.

There is a difference between having no known limit and not having a limit are entirely different. Hulk is the latter.

Well, I suppose Hulk moving tectonic plates that weighed a couple hundred trillon tons, and destroying planetoid with twice of the earth's mass would prove that his strength is limitless. People, try to understand that this is a comic book.

Obviously Marvel desperately wants to make Hulk into Superman.

If Hulk really was this strong, then he should be able to win every
damn fight he gets into with one finger.

Cosmic Cube
Galacticstorm, provide some evidence of this. Why would they say Hulk was lifting 150 billion tons if he really couldn't? If Molecule Man had truely done this, it would have been revealed in the issue, not in some british X-Men comic several years later. That's just stupid. If they wanted people to know about it, it would have been widespread knowledge.

You can never reach infinity. You can only approach it. Hulk can never attain infinite strength. He can only approach it. Limitless strength doesn't sound so ludicrous to me. The Asguardian Destroyer has it. So does the Beyonder.

Hulk can become strong enough to lift anything. Juggling planets is physically impossible. THAT's bs.

Marvel's Superman? We already have that. Gladiator.

Hulk has jumped across the Pacific, jumped into outer space, ect. Hulk was originally made to have strength that increases limitlessly; he isn't getting upgrades or anything of the sort. Hulk cannot beat anyone, however. He does not exercise infinite strength, he must steadily increase his strength through anger. If he can stay in a fight long enough, he can beat anyone in a match of strength. However, if that person can blink him out of existance, strength doesn't matter, does it?

Hulk is absolutely nothing like Superman. It sickens me that every character with high strength levels is "trying to be like Superman." He isn't the only strong character. No one is taking anything away from Superman, but he is not the epitome of strength. Hulk has performed greater feats of strength than Superman has.

"If really was this strong, then he should be able to win every damn fight he gets into with one finger."

But he doesn't does he? Strength isn't everything.

Cosmic Cube
I see there is a discrepancy in my use of the word "limitless."

Hulk does not have a limit to how strong he can get. His strength is "limitless." However, his strength will never be "infinite," because he cannot reach infinity. LT is "infinite." The Beyonder is "infinite" The holder of the Infinity Power Gem has "infinite" strength.
No matter how angry Hulk gets, or how much his strength increases, he will never reach "infinite" strength.

Hence, anyone with "infinite" strength is stronger than Hulk could ever become.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by GalacticStorm

Allow me to correct myself. Hulk could not exceed the power of anyone with the Infinity Power Gem. If Jubilee had the Power Gem, she would pummel Hulk in a brawl.

Kontraz
umm... you do realize that infinite and limitless are the same... seeing as infinity cannot be reached...

KillAll
Yes, Hulk could become as strong as a Celestial

you kidding me??? lol... a celestial is ooogles taller than hulk... that alone would provide enough leverage for them to overpower him. let alone the power they -could- manifest physically wink you are going a bit overboard...

Peter certainly did not make any mistake when he said this. He has written Hulk for over 12 years. He knows the character very well.

funny you should mention mr. peter david... he once stated he believed that juggernaut was stronger than hulk wink ha... but thats debatable.

also, i believe mangog to be leaps and bounds physically stronger than hulk. hulk in the past has had trouble with thor (while thor was only using pure strength)... while mangog beats thor easily within the time frame of a few pages and gives ODIN fits using pure strength... he would introduce hulk to buttloads of pain and suffering.

K Von Doom
Allow me to correct myself. Hulk could not exceed the power of anyone with the Infinity Power Gem. If Jubilee had the Power Gem, she would pummel Hulk in a brawl.

I always thought that the Power Gem exponentially increased an individual's power, hence Jubilee's fireworks would be increased to Galactus-level but her physical strength would remain the same, thus wouldn't be able to pummel the Hulk in a brawl.

Swanky-Tuna
Galactus level fireworks?

*points to the sky* Look! It fades into THREE different colors!

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by King Burger

damn fight he gets into with one finger.

Hah, the way you said that, it actually sounds like you are implying that Superman has limitless strength.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by KillAll
you kidding me??? lol... a celestial is ooogles taller than hulk... that alone would provide enough leverage for them to overpower him. let alone the power they -could- manifest physically wink you are going a bit overboard...

funny you should mention mr. peter david... he once stated he believed that juggernaut was stronger than hulk wink ha... but thats debatable.

also, i believe mangog to be leaps and bounds physically stronger than hulk. hulk in the past has had trouble with thor (while thor was only using pure strength)... while mangog beats thor easily within the time frame of a few pages and gives ODIN fits using pure strength... he would introduce hulk to buttloads of pain and suffering.

There is no way in hell Hulk is beating a celestial in anything. Even if he was as strong as one, they are far to powerful for him to even fathom. They probably wouldn't even notice his attacks.

That means that Juggernaut at one point is stronger than Hulk. So is Mangog.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by K Von Doom
I always thought that the Power Gem exponentially increased an individual's power, hence Jubilee's fireworks would be increased to Galactus-level but her physical strength would remain the same, thus wouldn't be able to pummel the Hulk in a brawl.

The infinity power gem gives its wielder infinite strength. Take a look at Drax or Champion.

Swanky-Tuna

damn fight he gets into with one finger. He's not nearly as cheap as Superman. Although he is cheap. You see, having limitless strength doesn't mean you still can't get into a pickle. But replace "limitless" with "insane" and add flight, speed, eye beams, and ice breath and there's a quite few pickles to get into. Man, I could go for a sandwich and a pickle.
Well, I suppose Hulk moving tectonic plates that weighed a couple hundred trillon tonsEven for comic books, that's just way out there. I'm sure even simpleton savage Hulk was confused when he did that.
Hulk is absolutely nothing like Superman.Except both their abilities stem from radiation. Muwahahahahahaha!

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
He's not nearly as cheap as Superman. Although he is cheap. You see, having limitless strength doesn't mean you still can't get into a pickle. But replace "limitless" with "insane" and add flight, speed, eye beams, and ice breath and there's a quite few pickles to get into. Man, I could go for a sandwich and a pickle.

How the hell is Hulk going to fit into a pickle? When was the last time you saw a hollow pickle anyway?

Even for comic books, that's just way out there. I'm sure even simpleton savage Hulk was confused when he did that.

He probably didn't give it much thought. He simply closes an earthquake fissure with his bare hands. Still more realistic than juggling planets, though.

Swanky-Tuna
How the hell is Hulk going to fit into a pickle? When was the last time you saw a hollow pickle anyway?They're hollow when the mommy gets the baby out of it. That's where babies come from. Duh.
Just a fissure? Earthquakes make a bunch of fissures. Was Hulk fighting mole people or something at the time? Because tectonic plates are pretty underground.

Cosmic Cube
Tectonic plates are the earth's crust. We are standing on tectonic plates. Earthquakes generally occur along a fault. Hulk was at the epicenter of the quake when he closed the fissure.

This was Savage, not War. War only existed for like two issues anyway.

Cosmic Cube
They're hollow when the mommy gets the baby out of it. That's where babies come from. Duh.
? That's not where babies come from.

Just a fissure? Earthquakes make a bunch of fissures. Was Hulk fighting mole people or something at the time? Because tectonic plates are pretty underground.

Oh, you said, WAS Hulk. Not War. Sorry.

Swanky-Tuna
I know they're part of the Earth's crust but they're below the dirt and such. Floating on the molten rock.

Cosmic Cube
He was not completely underground. He was way bigger than he was supposed to be too. Ever notice how some artists forget that he's 7 foot?

manjaro
after all the thread starter did say brute stentgh not over all power, so all this talk about the power gem and cosmic beings really dont count

GalacticStorm
I dont agree with that manjaro because the thread starter never said any strength increasing items were not permitted. With the power gem the wearers physical strength is incresed to infinite levels as recently demonstrated by titania in the she hulk series. So any one wearing it their brute strength would enable them to pummel the hulk or anyone in a test of pure strength. Also any cosmic beings above skyfather level could empower themselves with the brute strength to take out the hulk. For example binary, the phoenix, galactus etc

manjaro
ok well if that is the case i would throw in juggernaut, kurse, the punishers(smalll 4-foot androids with well over class100 STR, employed by galactus to stand guard against anyone trying prevent him from feasting) that other little android guy who whooped all the xmen, and imperial guard when they went after the M'kraan cystal back in the 70's etc, etc

King Burger
Hah, the way you said that, it actually sounds like you are implying that Superman has limitless strength.

Not at all.

What I meant to imply, was that the Hulk was not meant to
perform such extraordinary feats of strength as Superman,
his strenght was a bit more reasonable.

It was usually Superman who did things like move mountains
and plates and so forth. Maybe that's still stupid with him
doing it, but atleast he's been doing it for several decades. It's
a part of what makes him "super".

Hulk was more realistic. He was very strong, but never to such
a (many would say stupid) level.

Maestro
well the hulk beat the collector who had one of the infinity gems( I think it was the power gem), and then threw it into the core of a planet. This is quite a high feat, seeing that the collector is a elder of the universe.

King Burger
I see there is a discrepancy in my use of the word "limitless."

Hulk does not have a limit to how strong he can get. His strength is "limitless." However, his strength will never be "infinite," because he cannot reach infinity. LT is "infinite." The Beyonder is "infinite" The holder of the Infinity Power Gem has "infinite" strength.
No matter how angry Hulk gets, or how much his strength increases, he will never reach "infinite" strength.

Hence, anyone with "infinite" strength is stronger than Hulk could ever become.

I think I see what you saying. You are basically using "limitless" in a
different sense that it usually is.

"Limitless" is usually thought of like "infinite".

However, you seem to be using it in the context of "potential access"
to strength. IN other words, you're saying that Living Tribunal had
infinite strength, but Hulk has limited strength but with
limitless access to greater and greater strength.

Let me use an analogy: It's like I have a magical hat that is really a
portal to a place where there is infinite gold. As a result, I have an
umlimited supply of gold, but the actual amount of gold that I
will have, no mater how much I withdraw, will always be finite.
The gold in the other dimension is infinite, the amount I can withdraw
from it is limitless, but the actual amount that I have in front of
me will alwasy be finite. Thus no mater how much I withdraw, I
will never have as much as in the other dimension.

Is that right?

If so, then it still doesn't change anything, for one simple reason:
While the Hulk can never attain nfinite strength, neither can any of
his opponents, no matter who, since all desplays of strength are finite.

So even if we're talking about the Hulk vs. Living Tribunal in a battle
of strength, any feat of strength that the Living Tribunal does
will take the form of a finite physical act. Even if it's "lifting" ten
universe combines, it'll still be a finite (so huge) weight that is
being lifted.

So if you take you're assertion that Hulk's strength (or access to
growing strength) is "limitless", he should eventually be able to also
lift ten universes, given time.

I don't mean to sound absurdly logical in discussing comic books, but
I just wanted to show how silly this determined use of the word
"limitless" is, which was backed up by your assertion that the Hulk
would even be able to "out-muscle" a Celestial or Galactus (given
enough time and anger), and that (I guess) only the use of
none-physical powers will give these opponents a victory.

I think it's wrong. I don't think David meant for "limitless" to be
taken literally.

GalacticStorm
i agree totally

Scoobless
you have a magic hat that leads to limitless gold?!?!?!?!?!...........

can i have some? big grin

pmike
wwill evry1 stop talkin bout limitless n stuff its annoying

Swanky-Tuna
If I had that hat I'd sooo tip it upside down and fill the ocean with gold coins.

King Burger
If I had that hat I'd sooo tip it upside down and fill the ocean with gold coins.

Know what you mean.

But where would the water go?

King Burger
Originally posted by pmike
wwill evry1 stop talkin bout limitless n stuff its annoying

Jeez, calm down pmike.

Maybe it is annoying, but it does relate to how strong
the Hulk is, and therefore who can be stronger than him.

Swanky-Tuna
Know what you mean.

But where would the water go? It'd go up. I'd flood the planet by gold coin displacement!

ZephroCarnelian
Sounds like A Plan, my friend.

King Burger
It'd go up. I'd flood the planet by gold coin displacement!

Hmmm, methinks that would defeat the whole purpose of
having gold.

Or were you just looking to create a more "dazzling" Day
of Judgement?

Swanky-Tuna
I guess we could all live on gold coin islands until I nuke the planet so Superman can't have it.

jplatinum
The answer to this thread is the $10 million dollar question.

I can't think of anyone who can physically out power the Hulk in terms of power as in strength.

cool

GalacticStorm
If u read thru this thread from beginning till end then you'll learn of quite a few

Cosmic Cube
I think I see what you saying. You are basically using "limitless" in a
different sense that it usually is.

"Limitless" is usually thought of like "infinite".

However, you seem to be using it in the context of "potential access"
to strength. IN other words, you're saying that Living Tribunal had
infinite strength, but Hulk has limited strength but with
limitless access to greater and greater strength.

Let me use an analogy: It's like I have a magical hat that is really a
portal to a place where there is infinite gold. As a result, I have an
umlimited supply of gold, but the actual amount of gold that I
will have, no mater how much I withdraw, will always be finite.
The gold in the other dimension is infinite, the amount I can withdraw
from it is limitless, but the actual amount that I have in front of
me will alwasy be finite. Thus no mater how much I withdraw, I
will never have as much as in the other dimension.

Is that right?

If so, then it still doesn't change anything, for one simple reason:
While the Hulk can never attain nfinite strength, neither can any of
his opponents, no matter who, since all desplays of strength are finite.

So even if we're talking about the Hulk vs. Living Tribunal in a battle
of strength, any feat of strength that the Living Tribunal does
will take the form of a finite physical act. Even if it's "lifting" ten
universe combines, it'll still be a finite (so huge) weight that is
being lifted.

So if you take you're assertion that Hulk's strength (or access to
growing strength) is "limitless", he should eventually be able to also
lift ten universes, given time.

I don't mean to sound absurdly logical in discussing comic books, but
I just wanted to show how silly this determined use of the word
"limitless" is, which was backed up by your assertion that the Hulk
would even be able to "out-muscle" a Celestial or Galactus (given
enough time and anger), and that (I guess) only the use of
none-physical powers will give these opponents a victory.

I think it's wrong. I don't think David meant for "limitless" to be
taken literally.

You almost have my meaning. Hulk's strength is not infinite, however, he can continue to gain strength forever. This takes time and quite a bit of motivation, but it can be done. If Hulk were to fight a Celestial, he would be wiped out almost immediately, since it would take Hulk quite some time to gain that level of strength. No, he could not out-muscle Galactus, or a Celestial. To think that he can is perposterous. However, given time and motivation, he can attain any level of strength, even the strength level of a Celestial.

If Hulk could attain any level of strength immidiately without any motivation, he would defeat his foes without trying. That is not the case. The longer/harder the fight, the stronger he will become. That certainly does not insure victory, though. That is what Peter David means when he says, "Even with limitless strength one can be powerless."

Cosmic Cube
Not at all.

What I meant to imply, was that the Hulk was not meant to
perform such extraordinary feats of strength as Superman,
his strenght was a bit more reasonable.

It was usually Superman who did things like move mountains
and plates and so forth. Maybe that's still stupid with him
doing it, but atleast he's been doing it for several decades. It's
a part of what makes him "super".

Hulk was more realistic. He was very strong, but never to such
a (many would say stupid) level.

You've got Hulk all messed up. Read a few of his old comics.

Hulk has performed feats of unimaginable strength. He has created greater than hurricane force winds with a clap of his hands, he has jumped into outer space, he has even pulverized an planetoid twice the size/mass of the earth. Hulk is made to be just as strong as Superman, and much, much stronger.

Realistic? If he was, I would never read Hulk comics. Reality sucks.

Originally posted by Maestro
well the hulk beat the collector who had one of the infinity gems( I think it was the power gem), and then threw it into the core of a planet. This is quite a high feat, seeing that the collector is a elder of the universe.

I know what you're talking about. In IH 198, Hulk is trapped by the Elder of the Universe, Collector, who had the Soul Gem. Collector says, "You're trapped in the most powerful forcefield at my disposal, so if your inclined to smash at something, try smashing THAT!!" Hulk pounds on it for a couple of minutes, and he soon breaks through and escapes.

In Secret Wars #8, The Beyonder himself says, "You are nothing but power incarnate! An infinity of power with no finite element inside! Worse yet, you remind me of someone... myself."

The Infinity power gem draws power from every being in the universe. In Infinity Gauntlet #1 "God", it is shown that the power gem draws largely from the Hulk.

These are just a few instances proving that Hulk can attain limitless levels of strength.

King Burger
You almost have my meaning. Hulk's strength is not infinite, however, he can continue to gain strength forever. This takes time and quite a bit of motivation, but it can be done. If Hulk were to fight a Celestial, he would be wiped out almost immediately, since it would take Hulk quite some time to gain that level of strength. No, he could not out-muscle Galactus, or a Celestial. To think that he can is perposterous. However, given time and motivation, he can attain any level of strength, even the strength level of a Celestial.

If Hulk could attain any level of strength immidiately without any motivation, he would defeat his foes without trying. That is not the case. The longer/harder the fight, the stronger he will become. That certainly does not insure victory, though. That is what Peter David means when he says, "Even with limitless strength one can be powerless."

"he can continue to gain strength forever..."

"he can continue to gain strength forever...rever..ever..ver..er..er.."

In other words, yes, given enough time and "anger", Hulk can
equal any physical display of strength that Living Tribunal shows?

So you're telling me that while all other beings (save Living Tribunal)
have a limit to how much powers, of whatever variety, they can display,
Hulk's powers, namely his strength, can keep increasing indefinitely?

Okay.

If that's what you believe, then obviously your answer to this thread is
no one in the whole damned multiverse save Living Tribunal and
The One Above All, and even then Hulk can eventually match any
physical display of strength that they accomplish.

Debate is not possible.

Cosmic Cube

"he can continue to gain strength forever...rever..ever..ver..er..er.."

In other words, yes, given enough time and "anger", Hulk can
equal any physical display of strength that Living Tribunal shows?

So you're telling me that while all other beings (save Living Tribunal)
have a limit to how much powers, of whatever variety, they can display,
Hulk's powers, namely his strength, can keep increasing indefinitely?

Okay.

If that's what you believe, then obviously your answer to this thread is
no one in the whole damned multiverse save Living Tribunal and
The One Above All, and even then Hulk can eventually match any
physical display of strength that they accomplish.

Debate is not possible.

Nice effects.

That's what I'm saying. Given time and stress, Hulk can match any feat of strength. It's been said and proven throughout comics. After power scanning Hulk, Beyonder himself has said it.

Anyone with the Power Gem can overpower the Hulk no matter how mad he gets. No matter how strong Hulk becomes, the wielder of the Gem will become stronger. THAT is infinite strength. It can never be reached.

Save Beyonder, Drax the Destroyer (w/gem,) Living Tribunal, Infinity Gauntlet, The One Above All, and a few others, Hulk's strength is indomitable.

kgkg
strenght won't even matter after a huge increase and what is infinite Strenght? there is no such thing.

as you move higher in the MU ranking it doesn't matter how powerful you are physicaly you will still get owned.

Cosmic Cube
There is a such thing as "infinite strength." The ability to lift literally anything, even something with infinite mass.

Originally posted by kgkg
strenght won't even matter after a huge increase and what is infinite Strenght? there is no such thing.

as you move higher in the MU ranking it doesn't matter how powerful you are physicaly you will still get owned.

My point precisely.

whobdamandog
Very few earth level charcters are stronger than Hulk...A lot of them are more powerful though..such as Quasar, Magneto, Graviton, etc, etc...

Juggernaut may be the only person to match him in the strength department...seeing as how he can increase his strength as well..Apocolypse is also a factor, however, I hate the fact that he was able to overwhelm Hulk so easily in the War Hulk issue...really silly stuff...I mean freaking X factor took him down..the only person on that team at the time who had any real power was Iceman..and even then he wasn't at his current level of power...

Anyway..Other than Juggs and Apoc..I can't think of Many others..Hulk at his strongest outclasses most earth level supeheroes/villians in the strength department..

Now if we'r talking about non earth level characters they're are quite a few...such as SS, Champion, Gladiator, Thanos, etc, etc.....

Cosmic Cube
Juggernaut can't increase his strength by himself. As an exemplar, he has to draw power from Cyttorak, with Cyttorak's permission.

kgkg
Juggernaut can't increase his strength by himself. As an exemplar, he has to draw power from Cyttorak, with Cyttorak's permission.
true that's why hulk has an upper hand in debates.

Daddy Reddss
I am a Hulk fan, however The Abomination people???

whobdamandog
well..Abom's base level is higher...but Hulk quickly gains the upper hand when he starts to get angrier...and stronger...

jplatinum
"trying to be like Superman." He isn't the only strong character. No one is taking anything away from Superman, but he is not the epitome of strength. Hulk has performed greater feats of strength than Superman has."

Hey cosmic cube,
tell them that.
Cause they seem to think that superman is the only character who should be allowed too have a ridiculous amount of strength.
They think that he is God and he can destroy the whole multiverse.
They seem to think that he can walk up to every one at 100 billiob times the speed of light and punch everyone to death with his super duper uber huber ifinite strength and they die.

That is the type of Bullsh#t people say about superman, but soon as someone else has the same type of abilities its suppose to be ludacrous?
That sounds so f#$kin' hypocritical.

Why don't you people face the facts that superman is not the "messiah"
that farts golden fart you make him out to be.

miffed:

LordFear
THANOS REIGNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kgkg
i don't think even thanos can match savage hulk's strenght when he is mad.

doesn't mean hulk will win.

Cosmic Cube
[

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by jplatinum
"trying to be like Superman." He isn't the only strong character. No one is taking anything away from Superman, but he is not the epitome of strength. Hulk has performed greater feats of strength than Superman has."

Hey cosmic cube,
tell them that.
Cause they seem to think that superman is the only character who should be allowed too have a ridiculous amount of strength.
They think that he is God and he can destroy the whole multiverse.
They seem to think that he can walk up to every one at 100 billiob times the speed of light and punch everyone to death with his super duper uber huber ifinite strength and they die.

That is the type of Bullsh#t people say about superman, but soon as someone else has the same type of abilities its suppose to be ludacrous?
That sounds so f#$kin' hypocritical.

Why don't you people face the facts that superman is not the "messiah"
that farts golden fart you make him out to be.

miffed:

I agree wholeheartedly. Hulk was made to be "the strongest one there is." The simple fact that he is not Superman is not good reason to denote his feats of strength as "bullshit." Hulk lifted a mountain, and Hulk pulverized an asteroid twice the size of the earth. Hulk has proven time and time again that he is stronger than Superman. But, People often choose to ignore the facts in support of America's Favorite Hero.

Cosmic Cube
[

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.