The Borg V's The Replicators (from Stargate)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scoobless
ok, there's 100 replicators loose on a Borg cube....... can the Borg neutralise the Replicators or will the little spider buggers eat the Borg and take their ship?

http://www.stargate3d.com/meshes/replicator.gif http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/Borg_Hirogen.jpg

Scoobless
whistling

Swanky-Tuna
I haven't watched stargate since like the 4th episode of the first season so I couldn't answer you knowing nothing about these replicators.

pr1983
hmm... i believe the borg could assimilate the replicators and vice versa... im not sure at all...

grey fox
i'm sorry but the replicators have this easy .

BENITO
the borg vs. bits of macanno

Swanky-Tuna
So these replicators are nano-tech based and immune to energy weapons? To tell you the truth, if the Borg failed to assimilate or destroy them I'm sure they'd just detonate the ship and vaporize the whole lot.

How do these replicators fair against forcefields?

Scoobless
they have been known to have trouble with Goa'uld personal force fields before, but they can eat through pretty much any solid material and add it to their own mass which is used to "replicate" other mecanno spiders

Swanky-Tuna
Hmm... the borg have personal forcefields and are no stranger to nano-tech at all. I think they just may have a chance.

Scoobless
.... there were only a handful of them trying to get into that forcefield though and they can restructure themselves into whatever shape or tech they are aware of..... if the Borg came down to relying on their forcefields for survival they wouldn't last too long.... the Rep's would eventually take over their ship..... unless they could come up with a way to neutralise them quickly...... no one else has managed it but the Borg may be the best bet for a solid win over these things

Scoobless
whistling

wannabe
The replicators will surely "eat" some of the borg drones before they adapt and then...
The borg only need to infect one of the "spiders" with their nano probes, thus assimilate them, and so will know everything about replicator technology, how to defend against it, how to neutralize it, and how to use it themselves, so...

I think none of them will win this fight!
They will simply merge and form a perversely powerful, gigantic, supercybernetic, unstoppable, intergalactic unimatrix.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by wannabe
The replicators will surely "eat" some of the borg drones before they adapt and then...
The borg only need to infect one of the "spiders" with their nano probes, thus assimilate them, and so will know everything about replicator technology, how to defend against it, how to neutralize it, and how to use it themselves, so...

I think none of them will win this fight!
They will simply merge and form a perversely powerful, gigantic, supercybernetic, unstoppable, intergalactic unimatrix.

- agreed and how cool would that be eek!

Scoobless
yeah i was thinking along similar lines.... both "species" are on the same path to technological perfection.... so they may find it mutually beneficial to just merge rather than attempt to destroy the other

lifeisaglich
I seriously do not know how this is going to turn out. But if I had to decide the replicators stand more of a chance wiping the borgs.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.