The Star Wars History put into Movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

macgeek2005
How about this. Two Trilogy's called "The History of Star Wars".

They will start 25,000 years before the Battle of Yavin. Each film will cover about 4,000 years.

It will show all the important events filmed like all the other star wars movies, with a narrator.

Example. 10 min of a film: A historic battle against the Jedi and the Sith. then Narration: 500 years later, the Jedi decided that they needed to bla bla bla etc etc etc. next footage of actual events would take place 500 years later. And so it would cover the entire history.

It would show yoda being born. Darth Plagules (i know wrong spelling) training Palpatine. Darth Bane. Everything.

Who thinks that something like that would be REALLY Cool.

Julie
that would be nice

Fishy
They would be better of just making movies out of every important part in the history...

I'm not really sure on whether i would like it or not

macgeek2005
Actually thinking again... two trilogys with 2 and a half hour long movies, gives 20 minutes to every 500 years. So maybe 3 trilogys. 25,000 years to 15,000, 15,000 to 5,000. and then the last one giving more detail on the last 500 years before the phantom menace.

Julie
It would be cool to see the hist of the sith and the jedi and chronicle some of the stories like Revan and the exile and the mandalorian wars

DarkYoda
I don't think all of that would work...

To cover that huge a time frame would kind of take away from the overall story. A trilogy of movies from some point during that time frame would be cool. The starwars movies need to have characters that return from previous movies so that the audience can form an emotional attachment to them.

Movies like the ones you are talking about would draw a very specific audience (all fanboys) and would not make much money. sad

Also, correct me if I am wrong but wasn't KOTOR something like 4000 years before the Battle of Yavin? I don't think we want to go thousands of years before that time period or else the technology would be too lame.

A KOTOR movie would be really awesome though. wink

I would also enjoy a movie set a thousand years before Episode I where we see the forming of the republic and the Jedi defeating the Sith.

It would add alot to the overall story and make certain lines have more meaning...

"For over a thousand generations, the jedi knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the old republic..." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

"The Sith have been extinct for a millenium." - Mace Windu

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the jedi...at last we will have revenge!" - Darth Maul

"I will not let this republic that has stood for a thousand years be split in two...my negotiations will not fail!" - Supreme Chancellor Palpatine

macgeek2005
WOW! That would be cool.

SuperDuprShadow
If you want to know Star Wars history just ask me I am the first and foremost athority on the history of Star Wars. If you doubt my claim just ask my very close and personal friend Goerge Lucas. So ask away...

DarkYoda
puke

Fishy
The thousand thing doesn't mean that much, thousand is just a number that every empire wants to reach and everybody wants to hear... It sounds impressive, blame Rome for making us like a thousand.

The Sith could have been extint for longer, Jedi could have been around for much longer then a thousand generations...

stefaan
Hmm if that would mean that the Knights of the Old Republic games were included that would be cool. One trilogy about Revan the other about the Exile.

SuperDuprShadow
Just to clairify something I was joking around about being supershadow above I think everyone could tell but just in case, I thought I sould post this

DarkYoda
Yeah...I noticed...I've seen you make posts making fun of supershadow in the supershadow thread. Still...the crap that spills forth from his keyboard makes me sick. puke

Jedi_KnightAlly
One thing about the revan and exile idea's. Is that really a good thing? because the story has already been covered, mebby covering a period before that like the exar kun war, or the mandarlorian wars, mind u, wld the mandarlorian wars work because i think they should stay away from the whole revan and exile thing because a lot of ppl would be upset with how they looked etc.

Exar kun period or before would be class, or the Darth Bane era.

DarthYoda326
ill tell you what would be almost just as sweet

a movie for after episode 6 like i dont know if lucas already has some plans for anything like this, and there might already be a forum for this, but like i think that would be freakin sweet it would cover like the stuff about emporer palpatines clones and stuff and lukes dark side temptation stuff and the ghost of exar kun at lukes jedi academy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.