Dooku having a larger role

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

williamdefalco
Would anyone here have liked for Dooku to have had a larger role in Episode III? It all seems so sudden for him to die off at the beginning of Episode III, especially since Episode II built and led up to his introduction for about an hour, then, during his screen time, presented a character who was, arguably, the most interesting aspect in the latter half of the movie.

EDIT: I added Spoiler Tags.

Spectr4L
A larger role doing what? IMO, he has done just enough as a secondary villian.

Star Wars isn't exactly about the life and times of Count Dooku...

Mist
thanks for using spoiler tags

Forge
No, not really. He has the same basic role as Darth Maul.

Stunrun
But the actor himself, i mean we're talking Christopher Lee here! he should of had alot more screentimeyes Maul, Dooku and Bail -best characters in the PT imho

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Spectr4L
A larger role doing what? IMO, he has done just enough as a secondary villian.

Star Wars isn't exactly about the life and times of Count Dooku...

Indeed, Ive never much cared for that character anyway, they should have kept Maul and not had Dooku.

BAILY
Oh dont get me started JP.... Dooku is awesome..... I love Chris Lee and I love Dooku... I do also love Maul... but he served his purpose.. like Dooku will in ROTS

LanİeWindu™
I liked both Maul and Dooku, but like BAILY said, they served their purposes.

Although it would have been better had Maul lived until Episode III.

Jedi Priestess
Indeed.....and Bails Im sorry but the geriatric Sith sux. stick out tongue

BAILY
sad

Jedi Priestess
I still love you tho! hug

macgeek2005
He should die at the beginning. I hate him

Mist
whistling1

maul was better......f n dooku.....hes too old.

maul vs yoda woulda been one hell of a fight!

Imaginary
I think Dooku getting all chopped up is enough.

BAILY
You know what I think Imag Dooku doesnt get all chopped up, he loses both his hands, then his head.... and he still has his legs... he knows now to be a more hands-on Sith Lord and not so headstrong... stick out tongue

Mist
stick out tongue so lame its funny...

SlickRick69
since it's all really just a story about how a protocol droid named C-3PO was constructed by some punk kid on Tatooine and eventually came to be a god amongst the Ewoks of Endor, I don't think they need to bog down the story any more with Jedi, Sith, or all that other Force-fed nonsense...

Darth Vader envies 3PO, so much so that he tries to become more droid-like as he slips further into the madness that is the Dark Side; with all the robotics and what-not, Vader finally feels at peace and a kinship with the droid he constructed all those years ago, and then he realizes he can grow no more, he has reached his peak, and he still isn't as beloved, nor as shiny golden shimmering, as his first best friend C-3PO, so he ends his life, secure in his place in the history and the legend of the great Goldenrod, C-3PO!!!

Dooku, Darth Maul, babes and bounty hunters just distract from the real the story! I just need to know how and why they feel it necessary to wipe C-3PO's memory by the end of ROTS; because if they don't explain that, then I find it hard to believe that Our Hero would not have blabbed all the secrets he knew about Anakin, Vader, the clones, etc etc to Luke, Leia and anyone who would listen, since we know how much 3PO loves to babble!! that's why I'll be watching ROTS!! it's all about the protocol droid!! YA!!

Mist
laughing

Stunrun
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Indeed.....and Bails Im sorry but the geriatric Sith sux. stick out tongue

played a great Dracula. Cant take that role away from him:smile

Stunrun
Dooku would've kicked Maul's unexperienced ass IMHO

Mist
no way...dooku is too old and slow. big deal, he can block a few things....pff...maul could kick his ass all day and night if he had to..

end of story. case closed. i win.

Imaginary
I'm with Mist, Maul would kick Dooku's ass.

Stunrun
IMHO -in my humble opinion Mistwink

Mist
btw, what does IMHO mean....i hate all these goddamn acronyms....(even though i just used btw stick out tongue)

no. maul wins. i win.

Stunrun
im just saying everyone is entitled to an opinion. You have yours and i have minewink

Imaginary
Uh guys... just cool it k?

Stunrun
oksmile it was never gonna turn into a heated argument, were coolcool

Mist
but maul wins anyway.

Mist
Originally posted by Mist
btw, what does IMHO mean....i hate all these goddamn acronyms....(even though i just used btw stick out tongue)

i think im stupid. i didnt read your post, obviously.....

Imaginary
Good happy I hate it when people I like fight.

Stunrun

no probssmile i was a lil outta line there

Imaginary

You're not stupid, if you were, I wouldn't be talking to ya on MSN wink

Mist
wink

TheElectricFox
I dislike maul, beacuse of all the hype surrounding him during 99', and when Ray Park did XMEN. Its like every body from the run of the mill AWAIN like starwars fan, to the idiot on the local news cant get enough of him, which indeed pissed me off especially saw XMEN and freakin ray park does the same twilrly thing with the staff. Appearently Park can only do one thing, twirl his saber. Seems like nick Galliard improved the fighting much more since park left the starwars production team, hence creating new fightin styles like dooku's. What made dooku look sooo cool is that his character could pull off amazing saber feats and look totally relaxed while doing them effortlessly, which was the exact opposite of maul. Seem like what im getting at is that mauls fighting was like he tried way too hard, which indeed would have gotten his ass kicked by someone like dooku. ***cough*** *anakin*

So to say that is to hate Sidious as well.

Mist
bleh. i dont care much for the hype, i like him coz hes cool. hes not a human, like every other sith in the saga..

Morridini

no. maul wins. i win.

I think it means In My Honest Opinion.

PVS
dooku would whoop maul's monkey ass without breaking a sweat.
its just sooooooooooooooooo obvious. look at the score card:

1-obiwan beat maul. some would argue that maul dominated, but i think thats bullshit. the only time maul got the best of kenobi was when kenobi got angry.
maul capitalised on that moment of passion and force pushed him. big deal. up till that point, from the time the forcefield opened to the time when kenobi f***ed up, he was matching maul move for move, split his saber in half, and kicked maul's ass to the floor. argue all you want, but the fact stands that when the 2 finally fought one on one, maul only got one shot in, and that was because obiwan was blinded by anger.

2-dooku whooped kenobi. face it, kenobi looked like he was holding his own, but dooku pwned him. he was matching kenobi move for move, and breaking his concentration the whole time. "surely you can do better!" dooku just played that duel from beginning to end.

the final tally:
obiwan proved to be better than maul
dooku proved to be better than obiwan (at the time)

do the math

Lord Banshee
I like Dooku very much! Christopher Lee plays the character great and with very much style. Also dooku's form II fighting style is awsome (see trivia movie!)

Supermann98
Maul was holding his own against Obi AND Qui Gon. Remember that. Also remember that Dooku came around 10 years after Maul. Nobody thinks that Maul would've learned a thing or two from Sidious in those 10 years had he still been alive? He would've learned the force lighting in by then if Dooke could have in that same timeframe. Hell I'd go so far as to say that he may have beaten YODA had they matched up in the hanger.

TheElectricFox
sure, whatever...

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by PVS

1-obiwan beat maul. some would argue that maul dominated, but i think thats bullshit. the only time maul got the best of kenobi was when kenobi got angry.
maul capitalised on that moment of passion and force pushed him. big deal. up till that point, from the time the forcefield opened to the time when kenobi f***ed up, he was matching maul move for move, split his saber in half, and kicked maul's ass to the floor. argue all you want, but the fact stands that when the 2 finally fought one on one, maul only got one shot in, and that was because obiwan was blinded by anger.

2-dooku whooped kenobi. face it, kenobi looked like he was holding his own, but dooku pwned him. he was matching kenobi move for move, and breaking his concentration the whole time. "surely you can do better!" dooku just played that duel from beginning to end.

the final tally:

do the math

Lets also not forget that OB1 as a PADAWAN beat Mual, and Dooku beat OB1 as a full fledged JEDI KNIGHT, THEN beat Anakin, THEEEN held Yoda at bay. He managed to hold off Yoda AND almost kill Ob1 and Ani. Maul couldnt have done that. So Dooku would have owned his black and red ass.

PVS
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
Lets also not forget that OB1 as a PADAWAN beat Mual, and Dooku beat OB1 as a full fledged JEDI KNIGHT, THEN beat Anakin, THEEEN held Yoda at bay. He managed to hold off Yoda AND almost kill Ob1 and Ani. Maul couldnt have done that. So Dooku would have owned his black and red ass.

not only that, but dooku was far wiser.
yoda was mopping the floor with him, but look who
came out on top...as for maul? all maul was good for was
a full head on assault, nothing more.

people just dont like the idea of an old geezer being so powerful...but why? yoda is short, ooooold, seemingly frail....he's just this little geriatric frog, and look how good he is.

bill9d9
Originally posted by PVS
not only that, but dooku was far wiser.
yoda was mopping the floor with him, but look who
came out on top...as for maul? all maul was good for was
a full head on assault, nothing more.

Maul was also only trained as a dark lord of the sith.

Dooku was a powerful and experienced Jedi master before he turned and was trained to be a dark lord as well. Along with the other reasons that have been listed, Dooku's knowledge and experience with both sides of the force put him over Maul.

Sith Master X
Originally posted by PVS

the final tally:

do the math

Thank you!

williamdefalco
Could one of the reasons Dooku gets so little screen time this time around be due to his marketability? I somehow feel that Grievous was introduced to replace Dooku's time, since Grievous is so much more marketable, like Maul.

Sith Master X
Not really. It's just because Dooku serves his purpose with a minor role.

Lord Banshee
Dooku --> Form II master (this gives him a bonus in a duel by knowing where the enemy will strike) + Better in the force

Maul --> Reasonable Form 4 (this gives him a speed bonus) + More anger.

Form II master beats a reasonable Form IV fighter ... and Dooku has a force bonus so Dooku would (easily!) beat Maul.

bill9d9
Originally posted by Lord Banshee
Dooku --> Form II master (this gives him a bonus in a duel by knowing where the enemy will strike) + Better in the force

Maul --> Reasonable Form 4 (this gives him a speed bonus) + More anger.

Form II master beats a reasonable Form IV fighter ... and Dooku has a force bonus so Dooku would (easily!) beat Maul.

Huh? What is this???

TheElectricFox
Maul is not form 4, he is form 7, or the same as windu. Only Qui-gon, and yoda are canon practitioners of form 4

TheElectricFox
now what would be cool is to see Exar Kun face Dooku, as they are both form II masters.

Stunrun
about time more of the Dooku supporters came instick out tongue for the same reason Obi-Wan defeats Anakin. Experience is far greater than power, same applies to Dooku V Maul. Home win!

Stunrun
Originally posted by PVS

the final tally:

do the math

and he still continues to whoop Obi-Wan's ass into the beginning of Episode III. Couldnt agree with you morewink

Force Adept
Yup, Dooku would own Maul.

Maybe you should use spoiler tags Stunrun stick out tongue

Malic Clanorian
i love maul..one of my fav. characters but he would get beat down...i hate dooku cuz i dont think he resembles dark side AT ALL so i think hes a waste of a character...but maul served his purpose in episode 1 and he was a bad ass...grevious/anakin will be the bad ass in episode 3...but for all these duels were talking about...yoda would kill maul...yoda could have killed dooku if he hadn't run off...exar kun would killl dooku...dooku would die against obi wan if it wasn't for dooku using the force every chance he gets against obi wan...but dooku/tyranus is a good character just needed a different actor IMHO...but i guess its ok because his character fits into all the other stuff all you non-spoiler forum runners will c in EP3...

Stunrun
Originally posted by Force Adept
Yup, Dooku would own Maul.

Maybe you should use spoiler tags Stunrun stick out tongue

oh! , hope i dint give anything away. Well from what ive seen so far, he owns him

williamdefalco
Dooku would easily win against Maul. On the basis of swordsmanship between the two, (as if Episode II didn't prove how good Dooku is), if anyone has seen the leaked footage from Episode III of start of the Anakin/Obi-Wan/Dooku duel, you'd see that within seconds he's countered their precisional strikes to direct their lightsabers to lock together, all with one hand, one lightsaber, and ease. Against Maul's frenzied attacks Dooku shouldn't have a problem.

((The_Anomaly))
in regards to dooku vs maul, dooku would rape him, his force abilities are far superior and he managed to stay alive against yoda, a feat not many could do. maul would lose in less then 1 min against yoda.

Alliance
Maul is way cooler. And should Dooku's role be a bit longer, you can think so, but he does need to die off so Anakin can be trained as a Sith.

Jackie Malfoy
He might have a bigger part in this one then the other one but I am not sure since he is going to die at some part of the movie you can never tell!jmst-sym

Stunrun
Sidious ditched the plan of having a young apprentice, so he goes for a much more older and wiser apprentice. Very good move, he started the Clone Wars. What did Maul start?stick out tongue

Mist
Originally posted by Alliance
Maul is way cooler. And should Dooku's role be a bit longer, you can think so, but he does need to die off so Anakin can be trained as a Sith.

big grin
maul is a baby compared to dooku though. if he had the 10yrs extra training to match dooku up to ep2, he would own. a poster of maul looks much better than a poster of dooku. wink

Force Adept
IF he had the extra training, maybe there'd actually be somewhat of a fight. But he didn't, so it's a no contest kind of thing.

Besides, Dooku might've wanted to take Maul on as an apprentice, and eventually over-throw Sidious, you just never know.

Supermann98
Dooku was Qui-Gon's master. Qui-Gon got owned by Maul. Maul was around 10 years before Dooku and would've learned much more in that time. Maul would beat down on Dooku, much like Anakin did.

sexyking
Originally posted by Supermann98
Dooku was Qui-Gon's master. Qui-Gon got owned by Maul. Maul was around 10 years before Dooku and would've learned much more in that time. Maul would beat down on Dooku, much like Anakin did.

Thats a load of crap i am sure that dooku is much stronger than maul in the force so maul wouldnt stand a chance. And when you compare age dooku seems older so even if maul had does ten years he wouldnt still be able to match dooku due to the fact that Dooku stood head on against Yoda who is one of the strongets around along with the bad ass jedi that is Mace the great windu.

Supermann98
Originally posted by sexyking
Thats a load of crap i am sure that dooku is much stronger than maul in the force so maul wouldnt stand a chance. And when you compare age dooku seems older so even if maul had does ten years he wouldnt still be able to match dooku due to the fact that Dooku stood head on against Yoda who is one of the strongets around along with the bad ass jedi that is Mace the great windu.

Well since YOU are so sure I stand corrected. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.