GL might hand over all rights to SW to Steven Spielberg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

El_NINO
Since there both good friends and are always hanging around why not.
Also Steven Spielberg had asked GL if he could direct Episode 3 but GL said no.

I also read on the internet that GL said he would hand over the rights to SW to someone, what do you guys think?

smoker4
Doubt it

ickeris2003
intresting very intresting indeed. that would be cool though!

El_NINO
I think episodes 7, 8 and 9 will be made but not for a while maybe in 5 years from now

eXSBass
However, what I do know as concrete proof Lucas did let Spielberg direct two scenes. The Yoda fight sequence and some other one with Padme.

El_NINO
well that fact that GL keeps contradicting himself gives away to many possibilities but i still think episode 7 to 9 will be made

eXSBass
Na, I reckon it's finished. Alot of appeals will go ahead to make 7-9 but na. It won't go ahead.
Think about it. Star Wars is about Anakin. It's Anakin's story.
After RotJ, Anakin is dead. Yoda and rest are dead. The Empire is gone. Sith have gone. Luke is the only remaining Jedi restoring the Jedi order.
What story can there possibly be next including a dead Anakin? Taking into consideration it's Anakin's story.

It finishes at RotJ. That very last scene where we see Han and the gang and it rolls credits with "Written and directed by GL"

I understand you want it to go on, so do I but it won't. It'll spoil it aswell.

Sith Master X
Why would GL do something like that? He's already said there's no more SW movies after this one, so it's doubtful he'd hand over the rights to anyone.

El_NINO
Its not that i WANT it to go on, it could happen...

But anyways your right i was thinking about this yesterday that the story revovles around anikin. we see a boy become a villain and back to a nice guy simple as that. I just wish GL would stop changing his mind everytime someone asked him if there will be 7-9

amity75
A lot of SW fans would love to see Spielberg directing but Lucas is the better director of the two and I bet even Spielberg would agree with that.

PVS
*sigh*
this is 100% fan speculation (one fan at that)

peluffo
Supercool!. I'll forward it to lucas.

laughing out loud

winger2222001
If anyone read the latest entertainment weekly it says that Hasbro has a contract to produce Star Wars merchandise until the year 2018. I think there could be something else in the works, maybe not 7,8, & 9, but something.

smoker4
Yeah its called cashing in

EHmasterJedi
well theres endless possablitys of what Epi 7-9 could be about but the OT actors arent getting any younger so they would have to do it fast, in my opinion theyd have to have atleast Luke or else 7-9 would probably not have much.

LandoSpeeder2
On the 60 Minutes interview, he said he would not hand over the rights to anyone.

Boris
Noooo... It's all going to Supershadow! Tres cool!

bill9d9
Originally posted by Boris
Noooo... It's all going to Supershadow! Tres cool! sick

stefaan
There must be an end somewhere and episode 6 is a good one. or else you could go on forever.

SlickRick69
Originally posted by eXSBass
Think about it. Star Wars is about Anakin. It's Anakin's story.
After RotJ, Anakin is dead. Yoda and rest are dead. The Empire is gone. Sith have gone. Luke is the only remaining Jedi restoring the Jedi order.
What story can there possibly be next including a dead Anakin? Taking into consideration it's Anakin's story.

It's really just as much about C-3PO as it is about Anakin; we see the birth of a protocol droid and follow his rise to God of Ewoks, but who's to say the story has to end there?

Why would a simple protocol droid settle for being God of Endor when he could, with some quick simple midichlorian modifications stolen from the charred ashen remains of the Sith Lord Darth Vader, be well on his way to becoming supreme galactic protocol droid ruling over the entire galaxy?!

Star Wars: Episode VII: A New Protocol, Reloaded
Star Wars: Episode VIII: R2-D2 Strikes Back
Star Wars: Episode IX: Rise of the Machine Revolution

Sith Master X
Originally posted by stefaan
There must be an end somewhere and episode 6 is a good one. or else you could go on forever.

Yeah, the story is perfectly balanced after ROTJ.

Jedi Priestess
The isnt anything after ROTS movie wise, no matter how much you wish it to be true. GL isnt making anymore and he's fixed it so no one else can either. This is one topic I wish would die and never be ressurected.

Sith Master X
Exactly, as JP said Lucas made it so no one else can mess with his SW movie franchise. He owns all rights to those films.

SlickRick69
so, does this mean that SuperShadow is.. -gulp-

..lying to us??

confused sad embarrasment eek! big grin

bill9d9
I bet GL put it in his will that SW is not to be changed or continued after his death, so those hoping another SW will come out after he dies, don't bet on it.

Sith Master X
Yep, and besides it wouldn't be the same if GL wasn't behind it.

Batman316
There will always be the TV series.......

and maybe in a few years they will make a movie from that.....

Or we all just buy the entire TV series on DVD and watch them from beginning to end or something.

There is always hope :/

DeVi| D0do
Lucas said in the 60 minutes doco that there will be no more movies... even if someone else wanted to do them

ArynCrinn
There will always be EU people!!!!

Mist
maybe hes talking about handing the tv series to speilberg?

vader519
Actually if you have watched the Empire of Dreams doc, GL did in fact want Spielberg to direct ROTJ, but he could not do it because, GL dropped out of the directors guild, and if Spielberg wanted to direct a star wars movie, he would also have to drop out of the directors guild. Just like Robert Rodriguez did to let Frank Miller co-direct Sin City.

Stunrun
Originally posted by bill9d9
I bet GL put it in his will that SW is not to be changed or continued after his death, so those hoping another SW will come out after he dies, don't bet on it.

its under George Lucas' copyright for his entire life, and approx 70 years after his death. So about another 100 years, Star Wars will be in his rights. Lets just hope that SuperShadow's grandson doesnt come in with a bid 100 years from nowlaughing out loud

bilb
I have been waiting on the PT AND 7,8,9 since I was little, because no matter what he says now, at one time he DID say he was gonna make 9 movies. It was called an epic, which by definition has 9 parts. But aside from literary definitions, GL himself DID say there would be 9.

BUT...........despite all of this, its never, NEVER gonna happen. GL has stated over & over in EVERY interview that there will not be a 7,8,9. I hope that maybe one day (probably another 20 years) LFL will still produce them with a new director , but I seriously doubt that will happen.

But why on EARTH would GL give the rights for SW to ANYONE? The entire reason we have LFL, ILM, Skywalker Sound, Lucas Arts, etc.... is beacause of the royalties from SW & its merchandising. Speilberg aint exactly hurtin for money either so that whole theory is just silly. GL will NEVER EVER give up the rights to SW to ANYONE ANYTIME ANYWHERE............

Stunrun
well said. I would personally hunt down and KILL Lucas if he went ahead with 7, 8 and 9. And i will personally hunt down and KILL the next person who opens a 'episodes 7, 8, 9' threadyes

hunchy
would be awesome, but i dont think itll happen...but only if spielberg had made at least one of the prequels...although he did get to play around with the animatics for some scenes in episode 3 including the mustafar scene...I think I read something about that on comingsoon.net

El_NINO
So your all saying you wouldnt want one of the greatest directors directing a Star Wars film??? The reason why GL didnt want SP directing is because he's a better director and that he could essential make a better film and then nobody would want to see GL directing, also GL doesnt want to give up Star Wars because its his money in the bank sort of thing. All i simply said was that one day (and by the way one day does not mean right after Episode 3 they have to start making Episode 7 or else the world comes to an end) there will be an episode 7 on screen in like 10 or more years. People will continue to enjoy star wars and no matter how much you ignore the fans, hollywood will eventually listen.

LanİeWindu™
This thread is a lot of crap. shit

El_NINO
thank you for coming to this thread just to say your most inteligent thought......... next time you should say nothing and dont go into threads you dont like

bill9d9
Originally posted by El_NINO
thank you for coming to this thread just to say your most inteligent thought......... next time you should say nothing and dont go into threads you dont like

Bashing Mods is not a good idea.....

El_NINO
really now why would you say something dumb like "this thread is crap" when you can easily just let the people interested post and not post anything.

Its like going into a bar and saying "THIS BAR IS NO GOOD" to 2 thousand people, your the only one that doesnt like it!!

Batman316
Ban the mod basher!!!!!

Ok I think that just because he hasn't got plans for the next movie we all know that all it takes is for his kid or grandkids to say "Dad/Grandad tell me another star wars story"

LanİeWindu™
Bashing Mods is not a good idea.....

It's alright bill9d9

If he doesn't like my opinion, then so be it.

But remember El_NINO, I expressed my opinion on this threads topics, that is all. This is just a load of crap, GL would never do such a thing with Star Wars, he loves money too much. wink

El_NINO
Im sorry if i said something really bad but then you should have said what you said now then what you originally said before. Its just way better if you explain why.

LanİeWindu™
You didn't say anything wrong, no harm done.

Now, if I truly thought the thread was crap, I would have closed it for it's idiocy, but there's something to discuss here.

Jedi Priestess
LMAO Lance.......Im just gonna say your opinion there is a load of crap! smile

Mist
George should hand the rights over to me and i will make the best star wars crap ever. I will make a new trilogy based soley on ewoks. yes, ewoks. wicket will become a jedi and turn to the darkside and must battle luke fo control of the galaxy.

you heard me.

wicket - the next sith........

big grin

Darth_Nefarus
This sounds way too fishy. Spielberg is one of my favorite directors and I like him more than Lucas.

HOWEVER

no one and I mean no one should have the rights to Star Wars, but George Lucas.

Mist
and what if he dies halfway through an idea? should they scrap it or continue on?

Darth_Nefarus
Well, if he died, and wanted the project finished, I would accept Spielberg then.

Mist
we would really have to wait and see how SS (steven spielberg, not supershadow...*shudders*) handles his input in ep3, if the rumours are true. i mean, there might be someone better who could do justice with star wars..

mephistodesigns
i agree with lance, this thread is crap. and why are people still debating this whole "lost 7, 8 and 9"? The only time he planned it on being 9 parts was in rough drafts before ANY films had even begun filming, he had the events of ROTJ in 9 at one point in a rough draft. And, as most people know, writing can go through 20 rough drafts a day. So to say at one point there were 9 is like saying Luke should be a girl because in one draft Luke's character was a girl. Its ludacris. The only other thing people could be refrencing was an interview done right after ROTJ where he said "It would be fun" to do a 7,8,&9 someday and get all the actors together. That was the only time he mentioned it. Then before TPM came out, a couple interviewers asked if he would do 7-9 and he said no. He entertained the idea at one time but it had become unrealistic very quickly. It was never seriously entertained! As has been said countless times, the story is of Anakin's fall and redemption and eventual salvation through his son. Then the story ends. In one early rough, that took 9 episodes but was eventually trimmed to 6. There are no lost plots, he's not holding out on us. I'm sorry, I'm just so tired about hearing about this...this...this urban myth of film!

Imaginary
I really can't believe this is still being discussed...

mephistodesigns
exactly, its all predicated on myths, speculation with no plans yet announced at all, and that bastard SS! laughing

Imaginary
eek! Let's kill 'im!

mephistodesigns
Agreed...where's that Grievous audio sample...I want him to yell my battle cry for me...he sounds cooler than a lower middle class graphic artist...

vader519
El Nino, like I said before, GL wanted SP to direct a star wars moive, but he cannot because he is still in the directors guild. In order for him to direct a star wars movie, he has to drop out of the directors guild. It is not that GL does not want SP to direct a star wasrs film, he can't.

bilb
Originally posted by mephistodesigns
i agree with lance, this thread is crap. and why are people still debating this whole "lost 7, 8 and 9"? The only time he planned it on being 9 parts was in rough drafts before ANY films had even begun filming, he had the events of ROTJ in 9 at one point in a rough draft. And, as most people know, writing can go through 20 rough drafts a day. So to say at one point there were 9 is like saying Luke should be a girl because in one draft Luke's character was a girl. Its ludacris. The only other thing people could be refrencing was an interview done right after ROTJ where he said "It would be fun" to do a 7,8,&9 someday and get all the actors together. That was the only time he mentioned it. Then before TPM came out, a couple interviewers asked if he would do 7-9 and he said no. He entertained the idea at one time but it had become unrealistic very quickly. It was never seriously entertained! As has been said countless times, the story is of Anakin's fall and redemption and eventual salvation through his son. Then the story ends. In one early rough, that took 9 episodes but was eventually trimmed to 6. There are no lost plots, he's not holding out on us. I'm sorry, I'm just so tired about hearing about this...this...this urban myth of film!

Ok I read your post then looked at your birthdate.. You have a vaild point BUT for those of us who saw ANH in 77 have been following it for 25 yeas you have to understand that that comment from Lucas was one the last he made for 20 years.. so for 20 friggin years we all thought there would be 9 movies made.. I know that there wont be, I get that. But it is still disappointing (to me at least) that something I thought was gonna happen for most of my life is now NEVER gonna happen....

And Mist, I will personally hunt you down if you EVER mention Ewoks again!! laughing

SithSpy
I know that this WILL NOT happen, but everyones statements that SW is anakins story is WRONG, from the mouth of GL himself this has always been a story of a father and his son, the father got a trilogy of his own, they shared one, and now the son should have his own to complete the trilogy, I personally would not like this to happen but this is what was said, a story of a father and his son, not the tragedy of anakin (although stopping at 6 is exactly what it makes it)

mephistodesigns
where on earth did you hear that? In every interview for the last 9 years he's been saying the films are about Anakin's fall and redemption. That's it. And how is it a tragedy when he's redeemed in the end? ROTJ ended on a high note. Didn't you see the ewoks dancing with R2 at the end? laughing

mephistodesigns
Originally posted by bilb
Ok I read your post then looked at your birthdate.. You have a vaild point BUT for those of us who saw ANH in 77 have been following it for 25 yeas you have to understand that that comment from Lucas was one the last he made for 20 years.. so for 20 friggin years we all thought there would be 9 movies made.. I know that there wont be, I get that. But it is still disappointing (to me at least) that something I thought was gonna happen for most of my life is now NEVER gonna happen....

And Mist, I will personally hunt you down if you EVER mention Ewoks again!! laughing

I've been following star wars since the age of 3, so for 20 years I watched everything with Lucas in it, interviews, any thing. He made the comment about 7-9 after ROTJ, I was alive for that comment. How old were you when you saw the interview where he said that? Because it was pretty obvious from his tone and saying "it would be fun" that it was completely up in the air. I mean, I guess people just wanted to hang onto the hope or something, but I always thought it was just not gonna happen. Especially when he started letting books be written in 1991 that pretty much took the place of what 7-9 could have been. I just get mad because people always say he "wanted" to make 9, or there are "supposed" to be 9 because that was simply never the case.

SithSpy
yeah i saw the ewoks dancing and if im wrong about this i need to check into an institution b/c im losing my mind but did he not consistently say that it was a story of father and son, in the PAST im saying, not what he said last week, b/c as we know these things change weekly i.e. luke and leia making out..............yeah he knew they were always bro and sis.

And on a side note I see it is your birthday memphisto so HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU Happy Dance Happy Dance

mephistodesigns
He has always talked about the son redeeming the father as an important story element, but the focus is still on Anakin destroying the sith, which is why he kills Sidious and not Luke. But he always wanted it to be about Anakin. If you really look at it, Vader does get a LOT of screen time in the OT. He's still very much the focus of the films, they follow Luke a little more because Vader's not always doing something exciting and we need Luke's perspetive on Anakin so we understand how he can still believe a mass murderer can have good in him.

And thanks!

SithSpy
Someone back me up on the fact that a recurring theme in these movies is that of Fathers and son's, and yes at this point it is ani's redemption b/c he decided not to do 7-9, but just look obi and ani, ani and palps, luke and obi, luke and vader, and the final a sons unfaltering love for his father regardless of his past brings him back.....If only scott evil had the same love i wonder what would've happened then???? hmm meditate on this I must

mephistodesigns
allll right. Look, there was no 7-9 except in an early draft. It has no more weight than say, Luke should be a girl because in one draft he was.

In the OT, the focus IS on Luke and Anakin's relationship, I'm not saying you're wrong. That is the focus. I'm just saying Lucas has always considered the story over when Vader/Anakin dies. That's why ROTJ is the end. The empire is destroyed, Luke has the knowledge he needs to restart the Jedi, Anakin restored balance to the force, and all is right with the galaxy respectively. That's why there would never be a 7-9.

SithSpy
Ill agree to disagree b/c there WAS supposed to be a 7-9 untill lucas realized that he would have to spend the rest of his life on SW. And since im way tooo lazy right now to provide proof in the form of links I will lay down my saber on this one, and you know everyone was supposed to be midgets at one point also right? could you imagine, SW meets Willow, that would be weird and not as likeable methinks

mephistodesigns
sorry man, nothin' more than an urban myth. and he has spent the rest of his life on star wars. He said "it would be fun" to get all the actors together someday and make more. It was said in passing in an interview after ROTJ, he instead let books be written and decided to do the prequals instead, which he has said he always wanted to do but waited until effects got better in films. Thats the reality of the situation, everyone clinging to this 7-9 thing are just taking a quote WAAAAY out of context. IT was NEVER GONNA HAPPPEN. Want proof? what are we watching now? 7-9 or 1-3? We're watching 1-3 bcause, as he said in an interview when he announced the prequals, the story is about Anakin, he never really had a story in mind for 7-9 because he always considered the movies to be about Anakin. That's the reality of it, we've all watched this unfold. It was never seriously gonna happen, he never had a story, and he considers them done when Anakin's dead. What more do you need to hear to believe that he never truly meant to make 7-9?

Stunrun
really now why would you say something dumb like "this thread is crap" when you can easily just let the people interested post and not post anything.

Its like going into a bar and saying "THIS BAR IS NO GOOD" to 2 thousand people, your the only one that doesnt like it!!

what bars have you been to? 2 thousand people!? wow that alot of peoplestick out tongue

DeadStar
hang

mephistodesigns
eek! laughing

SithSpy
yeah right mephisto 7-9 were planned Scipts and synopsis's were even written, and if you dont belive me go to www.supershadow.com its all right there!!!!

NOTE:The preceding was complete and utter sarcasm, please do not take this as my real thought and ban me for such blasphemy, hehehe

DeadStar
Originally posted by SithSpy
yeah right mephisto 7-9 were planned Scipts and synopsis's were even written, and if you dont belive me go to www.supershadow.com its all right there!!!!

NOTE:The preceding was complete and utter sarcasm, please do not take this as my real thought and ban me for such blasphemy, hehehe

Supershadows as cool as my sig... and guess what i dont even have one =p

mephistodesigns
its @$$holes like him (supershadow) that keep perpetuating this stuff and people keep believing it. When I bought my Star Wars issue of Vanity Fair earlier in the year, the lady ringing me up was like "i'm really looking forward to 7,8 and 9, I hear Steven Speilburg might direct them because he's going to give him the rights to Star Wars". I just nodded and smiled because honestly my head hurt to much to bother setting her straight. It just wasn't worth it.

LanİeWindu™
This thread is gonna start flame wars I think, especially involving SuperDumb, I mean SuperShadow.

Close or not? Yay or Nay?

vader519
Sithspy, spuershadow is not real. He is a fraud.

El_NINO
im so amazed this thread is still here especially since everyone says this thread is crap, i hope they close it for good

PVS
what is crappy about this thread is the misleading title.
it implies that there are reports of lucas(or ANYONE at that) at least hinting at this. an appropriate title would have been something along the lines of
"is it possible that GL will hand over SW to Spielberg?"
in a title such as that you are debating whether or not it is a possibility,
which is exactly what this thread is about.

rather, with your title, it is implied that this possibility is already on the table....thats misleading

hunchy
This thread should be closed. It's going nowhere.

Sith Master X
Originally posted by SithSpy
and if you dont belive me go to www.supershadow.com its all right there!!!!

Well...what I'm not sure of is if you were being serious or joking? erm

Falacerjedi
7-9 I wouldn't mind reading if GL ever writes out the complete story for it....but after ep3 no more movies should be made it just wouldn't fit right with Obi-Wan, Yoda, Anakin, Emperor, etc... all gone

Sith Master X
I agree.

El_NINO
I dont believe supershadow, i think hes just full of himself

bilb
I've been following star wars since the age of 3, so for 20 years I watched everything with Lucas in it, interviews, any thing. He made the comment about 7-9 after ROTJ, I was alive for that comment. How old were you when you saw the interview where he said that? Because it was pretty obvious from his tone and saying "it would be fun" that it was completely up in the air. I mean, I guess people just wanted to hang onto the hope or something, but I always thought it was just not gonna happen. Especially when he started letting books be written in 1991 that pretty much took the place of what 7-9 could have been. I just get mad because people always say he "wanted" to make 9, or there are "supposed" to be 9 because that was simply never the case.

Ok now you are just being rude...

Uhhh, 7-9 years AFTER ROTJ? I think not. Simply because thats when YOU remember seeing it does not make it so... if memory serves he made references to 7-9 during press for ROTJ, so that would have made me 10 years old... way old enough to comprehend an interview thanks for asking. And like I said, at the same time he said there WOULD be a 7-9 he also said it is an EPIC which is 9 parts, not the bastardized connotation the media gives the word.. it MEANS 9 parts. And GL is a very well read man, literary speaking so I dont think that his saying this was a coincidence...

And your argument about letting the books be writen holds no water. If it did, we would still have Owen as Obi's brother. The books are EU and do not count as canon, period. Even novelizations of the movies are EU seeing as how they ALWAYS stuff NOT seen on film. NOt onscreen = not canon.

And if you want to argue what could have been due to early drafts we could argue all day long about The Journal of the Whills, Luke Starkiller, Mace Windy, etc...

But if you will notice I said that I knew 7-9 WAS NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNOW that, that one is not up for debate so get off your soapbox.

No mean spiritedness intended but I dont appreciate being called delusional.

PVS
...i heard in the news (a short while after RotJ) that he planned on making just one sequel film starring the original cast and then going back and doing the prequel trilogy. i believe everyone who quotes that he said he would do 3 but im saying i heard only one sequel. i get the feeling GL's been flop flopping even back in the day

El_NINO
lol you cant go by GL's words hes all over the place.......

one day hes says yes he will make 3 more and then the other he says hes not

bilb
Originally posted by PVS
i get the feeling GL's been flop flopping even back in the day

I think you just hit the proverbial nail on the head there

Mist
my thoughts: i like star wars.

bill9d9
Ugh........this thread STILL open? sick

Batman316
heh I remember when it was simply called "Star Wars" before the whole EPIV A New Hope thing was added.

Just thought I'd make reference to that in a vain attempt to keep this thread alive wink

LandoSpeeder2
Ugh........this thread STILL open? sick My thoughts exactly. Ok, not exactly but somewhat. stick out tongue

mephistodesigns

Uhhh, 7-9 years AFTER ROTJ? I think not.

laughing I said he made comments ABOUT 7-9 (episodes 7-9) RIGHT AFTER ROTJ because I saw a tape of it in a documentary where they said where he said it. Your whole rant came from you mis-reading me. laughing Yeah, being older than me sure seems to make you know more...

mephistodesigns

Uhhh, 7-9 years AFTER ROTJ? I think not. Simply because thats when YOU remember seeing it does not make it so... if memory serves he made references to 7-9 during press for ROTJ, so that would have made me 10 years old... way old enough to comprehend an interview thanks for asking. And like I said, at the same time he said there WOULD be a 7-9 he also said it is an EPIC which is 9 parts, not the bastardized connotation the media gives the word.. it MEANS 9 parts. And GL is a very well read man, literary speaking so I dont think that his saying this was a coincidence...

And your argument about letting the books be writen holds no water. If it did, we would still have Owen as Obi's brother. The books are EU and do not count as canon, period. Even novelizations of the movies are EU seeing as how they ALWAYS stuff NOT seen on film. NOt onscreen = not canon.

And if you want to argue what could have been due to early drafts we could argue all day long about The Journal of the Whills, Luke Starkiller, Mace Windy, etc...

But if you will notice I said that I knew 7-9 WAS NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNOW that, that one is not up for debate so get off your soapbox.

No mean spiritedness intended but I dont appreciate being called delusional.

I pointed out that he said the novels did more with the characters than he would have, I never said they were canon. I'd burn all of 'em if he did make a 7-9 (thats episodes, not years now) because his films are the story. Period. And your comment:

"And if you want to argue what could have been due to early drafts we could argue all day long about The Journal of the Whills, Luke Starkiller, Mace Windy, etc.."

That's my point exactly, in those early drafts, that was the ONLY time he really considered making it 9 parts. Then the reality of what he could do set in and he made it fit into 6. I don't think you're delusional either, I just think you're misinterpreting, especially now that you've demonstrated your skill in that category by misinterpreting me several times just in the above quoted post.

mephistodesigns
and if you "knew 7-9 WAS NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", then why are you arguing with my point that it was never gonna happen? that it was just an after thought that never remotely came near fruition? You're saying the same thing I've said several times. They "WAS NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Just like you said. That's my very point. I don't get it...

Mist
i still think he should give me the rights and make my ewok trilogy...

mephistodesigns
laughing I'll forward your idea to Lucas during my next set visit! wacko sick doctor

SithSpy
WHOA!!!! ok hold up wait a minute a page back I made a comment referring to supershadow, after which i included a note making it painfully obvious that I was joking to those that didnt get it then let me say it now I was JOKING sorry hadnt visited this thread in a day or two and just saw that

mephistodesigns
we got it...its cool man! laughing out loud

PVS
you trust supershadow?

laughing out loud stick out tongue j/k of coarse

SithSpy
just had to put that out their....something like that can ruin a guys SW cred big grin

bilb
OK I misread you Meph.. NOW DROP IT mad

mephistodesigns
laughing Kneel before Zod!!!! evil face

PVS
damn...right out of nowhere this topic has switched to superman2 laughing out loud

Mist
laughing Kneel before Zod!!!! evil face

who is zod and what is he selling?

Batman316
superman merchandise apparently

*thinks he should be a little upset at this

Mist
who is superman and what is he selling?

mephistodesigns
Truth...Justice...and the American way

(american way has been dropped by the comics lately though, they want him to be an all inclusive defender of the world. Which is cool with me, i'm easy)

SithSpy
he's easy *beavis and butthead voice* huh huhuhh huhuhuh

mephistodesigns
damn right! laughing

Superfly4000
Wasn't there a rumor that GL was planning a live action Star Wars T.V> series?

Batman316
Originally posted by Superfly4000
Wasn't there a rumor that GL was planning a live action Star Wars T.V> series?

no rumour it's fact smile

Jedi Priestess
How many times to we have to go over the subject of Lucas and more SW movies?

bill9d9
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
How many times to we have to go over the subject of Lucas and more SW movies?

I asked the same question about 4 pages ago. Guess so people just won't let go.......

Batman316
even when GL is dead and burried there's going to be rumours of more scripts... maybe even an entire movie hidden in some vault somewhere

Superfly4000
GL is more machine than man!

ShotgunWes
"GL is more machine than man"

Yes my friend. Yes he is... Happy Dance

Julie
okay....more dancing bananas that's odd.
GL wouldn't give up the rights to his baby though...at least I don't think so

ShotgunWes
People give their kids up for adoption all the time... Happy Dance

PVS
I asked the same question about 4 pages ago. Guess so people just won't let go.......

all the more reason to just leave this thread open. let the suckers believe what they wish, and post it here...as opposed to opening up yet another thread on this dead issue

Whill Mindspin
ROTS is it for Lucas-created Star Wars. I'm actually very happy that the Anakin's saga will finally be complete. If there are ever more "Star Wars" movies made, it will be because someone inherited the rights after GL's passing. Mark my words:

After ROTS, there will be no more Star Wars while Lucas is still alive.

Lord Tyrant
Thats like saying, Raz would let awain be Admin.

.:Space Opera:.
"GL might hand over all rights to SW to Steven Spielberg "

wow....that IS the stupidest and most unrealistic thing i've ever heard...

El_NINO
I wish i had never opened this thread....

I mean superman, GL being a autobot sent from the future to terminate people............ wow!!!

Superfly4000
GL is more machine than man, but there is still good in him. I can feel the conflict.

ShotgunWes
El Nino, I thought the autobots were the good guys. Happy Dance

whitewookie
ahh the sweet scent of a topic gone off the rails..........hmm.........smells like rusty tin?!?

El_NINO
hes T1000, his body never changes, it never changed when a new hope came out and it hasnt changed when attack of the clones came out

mephistodesigns
I wish i had never opened this thread....

I mean superman, GL being a autobot sent from the future to terminate people............ wow!!!

so do I, it was a totally "not gonna happen" idea in the first place...I can't believe anyone believed it long enough to start a thread about it. oh...wait....I guess you did! laughing

SithSpy
i cant belive this is still open blink wacko

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.